00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

razzzle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the problems with being smart

5,551 Views | 75 Replies

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-25 08:29:33

Actually you have autism.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-25 14:28:18

At 9/24/12 08:48 PM, Bolo wrote: 4. Superiority complex

That's pretty much the main reason right there. People with high intellect would look down on those with lower intellect, leading them to become pretty insufferable.

Also some are just pretentious.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-27 12:08:45

At 9/25/12 05:00 AM, Light wrote:
1. High intelligence disillusions people. With more intelligence comes more knowledge, and more knowledge generally disillusions the shit out of people.

Yes, because people contradict themselves, the intelligent person can see this by having knowledge to see the contradiction. When the person is called out on it, they get very upset, because they are not used to it, most people don't see it.

2. High intelligence enables those with the gift to be unusually aware of the foolish choices that members of society make on a day-to-day basis. This might be why those with high IQ's have a strong sense of moral conviction: they see foolish decisions being made by the society to which they belong and adopt a strong sense of integrity in an attempt to combat it.

But I don't know if this is true.

This is true for me.

3. There aren't many like-minded people in the world who are very smart. This can result in a very isolating life experience for the moderately/exceptionally intelligent. This might be why High IQ societies, such as Mensa, and The Triple Nine Society, exist.

I don't think smart people really get along with each other, they butt heads too much.

5. For some reason, the social skills of the exceptionally intelligent are substandard.

This seems to be a common conception, I've had people tell me this all my life. Ive seen a private psychologist, she told me my communication skills are great, I've also had another professional tell me I'm very articulate when I speak. What I think it is that people will tell me that on purpose to try to get me to talk more so I give out more information about myself. That's why smart people can seem shy or lacking social skills because they are smarter than the average person to give out private information about themselves.

I'm sick of people pulling the autistic card on me, its out of hatred, autistics are not aggressive, they do not confront and fight people, bang hoes, and do drugs.

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-27 13:36:21

Thosse aren't intelligence problems. Those are personal social problems that "smart" people tend to blame on their self-proclaimed intelligence.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-27 15:24:23

At 9/27/12 01:36 PM, JBK wrote: Thosse aren't intelligence problems. Those are personal social problems that "smart" people tend to blame on their self-proclaimed intelligence.

My intelligence is not self proclaimed, but vice versa you fukc.

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-27 20:04:59

At 9/27/12 03:24 PM, 5tarboy wrote:
At 9/27/12 01:36 PM, JBK wrote: Thosse aren't intelligence problems. Those are personal social problems that "smart" people tend to blame on their self-proclaimed intelligence.
My intelligence is not self proclaimed, but vice versa you fukc.

So your self proclamation is intelligent?

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-27 20:05:35

At 9/24/12 08:48 PM, Bolo wrote: 4. Superiority complex

/thread

My power is the only power.

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:13:58

How old are you OP? If you're 14 ill forgive you. "Smart" people can get along well perfectly fine with "normal" people. If you're finding it hard to relate to people you may have a condition somewhere on the autism spectrum.

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:15:49

At 9/28/12 01:13 AM, m4x0 wrote: How old are you OP? If you're 14 ill forgive you. "Smart" people can get along well perfectly fine with "normal" people. If you're finding it hard to relate to people you may have a condition somewhere on the autism spectrum.

mabye you should read the entire thread, you dumbshit, you guys claim your smart, but you dont even know how to read a entire thread, bunch of retardz

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:19:40

At 9/28/12 01:15 AM, 5tarboy wrote: mabye you should read the entire thread, you dumbshit, you guys claim your smart, but you dont even know how to read a entire thread, bunch of retardz

I never claimed I was smart, and I don't mean to brag when I say I do indeed have the ability to read a thread, although I chose not to on this occasion.

I'm not usually the one to accuse someone of trolling, but you are making my senses tingle. If you are a troll, use a bit more subtlety, spelling retards with a Z was a bit too much.

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:21:22

At 9/28/12 01:19 AM, m4x0 wrote:
I'm not usually the one to accuse someone of trolling, but you are making my senses tingle. If you are a troll, use a bit more subtlety, spelling retards with a Z was a bit too much.

i like to give hints becuase thats how pathetic everyone is, i give chances to your demise

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:23:20

At 9/28/12 01:21 AM, 5tarboy wrote: i like to give hints becuase thats how pathetic everyone is, i give chances to your demise

Translation "I fucked up big style and now I'm going to pretend it was on purpose"

Practice makes perfect friend, you'll be a fine troll one day

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:27:25

At 9/28/12 01:23 AM, 24901miles wrote: If you're going to be some kind of autistic moron, could you at least be mega ultra super genius about it.

i am faggot, this is literally my 30th account, and i originally posted while another account was banned, mods are stupid, lol, i evade them with my skillz

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:37:34

At 9/28/12 01:27 AM, 5tarboy wrote: i am faggot, this is literally my 30th account, and i originally posted while another account was banned, mods are stupid, lol, i evade them with my skillz

"I can change my IP address, look at me I'm a big boy"

Oh yes, you are the master troll and we are merely puppets on your string.

BBS Signature

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:44:29

At 9/28/12 01:37 AM, DragenLatsabbInc wrote: It feels like I've seen this before...

bro all ng is is hentai, generic games, and shit art, and it is still successfull, so with quality art and games, im sure it will atleast be self supporting, mabye not, but its not worthy of my time

Response to the problems with being smart 2012-09-28 01:45:32

At 9/28/12 01:27 AM, 5tarboy wrote:
At 9/28/12 01:23 AM, 24901miles wrote: If you're going to be some kind of autistic moron, could you at least be mega ultra super genius about it.
i am faggot, this is literally my 30th account, and i originally posted while another account was banned, mods are stupid, lol, i evade them with my skillz

That so?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature