00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SlenderMan Official Movie

4,027 Views | 32 Replies

SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:24:55

So, I was browsing the internet when I came across this. Do you think they'll fuck it up? I personally don't know what to think.
How does this make you feel?

The link to the official site is here.

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:31:27

Slenderman has grown far more popular than he should have. On top of that is that there's not really any solid canon to the story beyond that he chills in the woods and kills kids.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:39:00

At 9/9/12 12:31 AM, Jester wrote: Slenderman has grown far more popular than he should have. On top of that is that there's not really any solid canon to the story beyond that he chills in the woods and kills kids.

Anything that becomes slightly hype becomes too popular and then becomes merchandised thanks to the dumb asses on the internet. Just look at memes, the old man from the bus fight video, Angry Birds and Nyan Cat. This was only a matter of time and while I am curious about the movie I also hang my head in shame because due to internet goers, nothing is sacred or keeps any real value anymore.

Everything that's good gets done to death.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:41:32

At 9/9/12 12:31 AM, Jester wrote: Slenderman has grown far more popular than he should have. On top of that is that there's not really any solid canon to the story beyond that he chills in the woods and kills kids.

It was cool when it was just on Something Awful, but then it just spiraled out of control. The only good thing that came out of his popularity was Slender. That is, until that got too popular.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:47:13

Why does it seem in only the course of a few months, his popularity has skyrocketed?

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 00:56:42

At 9/9/12 12:47 AM, DrClay wrote: Why does it seem in only the course of a few months, his popularity has skyrocketed?

My theory is that when people saw the Slender vidya, the Facebook and Reddit communities pissed themselves like over-excited dogs and told everyone they knew about it.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 01:04:30

I don't understand that "things are only good when only a few people knew about it". That is entirely subjected to bias and is rarely true, for instance, Slenderman was just a story on Something Awful, not even a very a good one, just a generic, scary character that doesn't even have any really unique characteristics. Furthermore, the appeal of Slender (game) is as basic as any other horror game, pop up scares in a scary environment.

And the movie will unlikely be any better than any other generic C/B rated movie out there, it was never "unique" it has been generic through and through and never been good or truly scary.

I can tell you the plot line right now, "Teens go out to woods for vacation/party/other, they spend the night and find things that link them to Slenderman. Generic party girl feels like she's being watched, they move on with their whatever they're doing and then they start to hear things and others thing they see something, Generic boy says he/she is crazy and then they get taken after being separated from their group." And it follows on like that until one or two of them escape the woods, their lives changed forever by Slenderman.

Welcome to Generic 101, institutionalized by Hollywood/Media since the dawn of B rated movies.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 01:14:26

At 9/9/12 01:04 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: I can tell you the plot line right now, "Teens go out to woods for vacation/party/other, they spend the night and find things that link them to Slenderman.

You heard it here first, folks.

SlenderMan Official Movie

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 01:37:42

At 9/9/12 12:41 AM, 3Flay wrote:
It was cool when it was just on Something Awful, but then it just spiraled out of control. The only good thing that came out of his popularity was Slender. That is, until that got too popular.

Slender is a great game. I just love playing video games where nothing happens and you can't see anything.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 01:40:04

whats slenderman?

Do you think your attractive? Go to my youtube channel to find out (or not).

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 01:42:22

No, but there's plenty of fanon to incorporate.

I just hope they don't make the generic horror-movie soundtrack with jump scare chords and random entry-level metal.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 02:54:00

My reaction when I found out this was real.

At 9/9/12 01:40 AM, DaAtheno wrote: whats slenderman?

Jack Skellington if he was designed by the current version of Disney

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 04:22:28

What exactly is so scary about tall people

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 04:23:28

I, for one, think tall people are wonderful

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 04:49:30

The logo looks really cheap... and the trailer is a "private video" so I can't even see it. Not very excited over here

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 05:47:58

At 9/9/12 04:49 AM, SpeedoSausage wrote: The logo looks really cheap... and the trailer is a "private video" so I can't even see it. Not very excited over here

But it's slenderman dude.A creature made up in the mind of a guy who wanted to take part in photoshop content.A terrifying monster which is very tall and has no face.The idea of slenderman is so cool that it became the main concept for successful and great games.I believe the writers of the movie are going to throw away the cliche script of a group of teenagers camping in the wood and try something original like a group of teenagers in the wood BUT in a abandoned house.Definitely gonna watch that movie.I'm so excited.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 07:11:48

Everything that's good gets done to death.

and that's the bitch of it my friend

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 07:16:49

Whats with all these idiots and slenderman recently? Hes been around for ages and suddenly theres 100 shitty slenderman games.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 08:24:16

Huh, they made/making a movie about Slenderman? It might as well be a complete rip-off of Friday the 13th except they replace Jason with Slenderman. Or it could be a lame play-through video of the game "Slender" by Parsec Productions.

Whatever this is going to turn out, I'd rather not know about it. Hollywood is seriously running out of good ideas.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:14:00

I followed Slendy creepypasta before it was cool.

I still watch Marble Hornets to this day.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:25:08

This slenderman thing is getting out of hand.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:35:11

At 9/9/12 10:25 AM, LiquidFire wrote: This slenderman thing is getting out of hand.

I'm tired of retarded internet "culture" trying to go mainstream.

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:36:16

I don't see what all the fuss is about when it comes to Slenderman.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:45:55

Ugh, next thing we know, Mothman is gonna get a game (Hell, maybe it'll be about collapsing bridges)

Slenderman has been done to death, please, let's just leave it be and do something else to death (like kittens, those are still popular on the internet right?)

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:46:48

At 9/9/12 10:39 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Doom with Dwayne Johnson basically proved films based off of video games can't be good, so I'm going to skip this right away. Same goes for the Metal Gear Solid film. Although Slender Man the movie does sound interesting....

What have video games films got do with slenderman? What are you on about?

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 10:52:24

So far the website hasn't exactly filled me with confidences. It says the release date is August 2012 but there's still a 52 day countdown as well? Also it links the official trailer to a private embedded Vimeo link, hmmm.

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 11:07:56

At 9/9/12 07:16 AM, BumFodder wrote: Whats with all these idiots and slenderman recently? Hes been around for ages and suddenly theres 100 shitty slenderman games.

It's because of PEWDIEPIES army of children.

Some furry asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 11:11:30

At 9/9/12 11:07 AM, raineko wrote:
At 9/9/12 07:16 AM, BumFodder wrote: Whats with all these idiots and slenderman recently? Hes been around for ages and suddenly theres 100 shitty slenderman games.
It's because of PEWDIEPIES army of children.

Yep.

And isn't the tall man supposed to be one of those fucking slenderman movies?

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 11:13:57

The Tall Man is actually a legend in Native American Culture, I think tall man inspired Slenderman.

Some furry asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to SlenderMan Official Movie 2012-09-09 11:15:27

At 9/9/12 11:11 AM, SteelChair wrote:
At 9/9/12 11:07 AM, raineko wrote:
At 9/9/12 07:16 AM, BumFodder wrote:

Nothing supernatural at all happens in that movie. Yeah, spoilers.