00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

finalfridayss just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans

140,476 Views | 1,361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-06-27 21:31:05

2 Clabtrap Gangstas, going head to head in the Final Battle from the 8 Man Clap'13 Knockout Promo Mini Tourney Thing.

VOTE OR DIE!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-02 09:22:16

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-03 23:44:44

YO! Last call for votes on Butsaay vs Jakobe! I'm calling it tomorrow (the 4th) at noon, so get your votes in!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-05 22:02:16

'Sup Hip Hoppers. Back on that self-promotion tip. Have a gander at my music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjzX_zJ-9w

which is promoting my EP

http://fatbeats1.bandcamp.com/

Any and all feedback is appreciated as long as it's legible!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-06 23:38:56

Jakobe is the Grand Supreme Champion of the 2013 Pre-Clabtrap 8 Man Mini Promo Knockout Battle Tournament Competition, 2013!!! The judging was as close as it gets- but Jakobe pulled off the tiebreaker.

Thanks to all emcees and producers who participated, and congratulations Jakobe! I anxiously look forward to verbally roundhousing you in the face next round!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-07 11:44:37

At 7/5/13 10:02 PM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: 'Sup Hip Hoppers. Back on that self-promotion tip. Have a gander at my music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjzX_zJ-9w

which is promoting my EP

http://fatbeats1.bandcamp.com/

Any and all feedback is appreciated as long as it's legible!

A music video that is an ACTUAL VIDEO!!!! With a movie to watch while I listen to the audio!!!! I'm so proud to know you. Liked and shared adn all that.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-07 18:28:52

At 7/7/13 11:44 AM, Poniiboi wrote: A music video that is an ACTUAL VIDEO!!!! With a movie to watch while I listen to the audio!!!! I'm so proud to know you. Liked and shared adn all that.

YOU KNOW HOW I DO.

Thanks a lot man, you're a champ.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-10 17:36:53

My Round 1 "battle" against Carefoot is coming out tonight, regardless of if he actually spits a verse or not.

And I also have a little something extra in store... A quick idea I decided to run with, (really just a shitty little afterthought), and I'll be dropping that on ya asses also...

Oh yeah- go DL MY HOMIE FATS' NEW EP

...AND the HDC/NEWGROUNDS CYPHER ALBUM

Peace! Y'all bout to be hearing a lot from me real soon!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-11 11:25:11

Hey everybody! We're currently gathering battle beats, and cypher beats for next year's MC Invitational Tournament! We need you producers out there to help, we will accept any beat you wanna throw at us, we do appreciate ALL the help, and we will post every single submitted beat, separate from the battle/cypher its used on before-hand to give you producers more credit! So if you're interested in helping us out, feel free to send me a private message on here, or find us via our Facebook Page!

Thank you!

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-11 17:24:19

WUT IT DO.

Here's a train wreck of a Round 1 rap battle, featuring me, against a drunken sloth who has been creepily obsessive about me for over a year now. For the record- I can't bring myself to endorse the top link in any way, which is why you won't see me in the contributor tags.

Vote here if you want, I guess:

----- ----- -----

If you like my rappz, download here:

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-13 00:10:26

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-13 21:30:16

Review ALL OF MY SHIT.

http://rilo15.newgrounds.com/audio/

I'll be nice to you AFTER you give me some honest feedback.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 18:46:28

At 7/13/13 09:30 PM, Rilo15 wrote: Review ALL OF MY SHIT.

http://rilo15.newgrounds.com/audio/

I'll be nice to you AFTER you give me some honest feedback.

but... you've been here since 2007 and only left 3 reviews.

People generally give feedback to people who return the favor, so you might wanna step yo review game up a whoooole shitload.

I've been here a little over a year and have reviewed over 300 tracks, btw, because I like supporting and helping out those who support me. So yeah, if you start leaving respectful yet honest reviews, and a lot more often than once every 0.6 years, you'll start getting more feedback.

But I'm nice so I'll go check out some of your stuff. Just some words of advice...

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 19:22:13

At 7/14/13 06:46 PM, Teqneek wrote:
but... you've been here since 2007 and only left 3 reviews.

People generally give feedback to people who return the favor, so you might wanna step yo review game up a whoooole shitload.

I've been here a little over a year and have reviewed over 300 tracks, btw, because I like supporting and helping out those who support me. So yeah, if you start leaving respectful yet honest reviews, and a lot more often than once every 0.6 years, you'll start getting more feedback.

But I'm nice so I'll go check out some of your stuff. Just some words of advice...

But I didn't even start submitting ANYTHING until earlier this week....

I only made the account to save my badges and flash game progress. It would be different if I was submitting content since '07, but let's face it, I haven't been active enough for all that. I'm JUST NOW getting into a community that I've been too busy to participate in until recently. So your advice in that regard is duly noted. By the way, I don't like your tone. It sounds like you're trying . Thanks for the reviews; fuck you for the lecture.

I'm not a critic. I don't think I'm in a position to critique on other people's works (build a foundation before you tear down walls type shit). I'll give my input if I'm asked, but otherwise, why comment? I'll vote it accordingly. Shit.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 19:24:46

At 7/14/13 07:22 PM, Rilo15 wrote:

By the way, I don't like your tone. It sounds like you're trying to make yourself something I should emulate. Thanks for the reviews; fuck you for the lecture.

Forgot to finish typing that part.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 19:56:02

At 7/14/13 07:24 PM, Rilo15 wrote:
At 7/14/13 07:22 PM, Rilo15 wrote:
I don't like your tone. It sounds like you're trying to make yourself something I should emulate. fuck you for the
lecture.

Just telling you how the NG hip hop community works, no need to get defensive.

If you want reviews here, you need to review other people's stuff, become active in the discussion threads, and NOT be a jerk. Simple as that. But you obviously consider yourself above that, as you previously explained.

This community supports each other. That's how Newgrounds works. And yo- WTF is wrong with using myself as an example? It's the easiest source I have for putting the point I was making in perspective.

Also, we're not all the same, and there's nothing "wrong" with the way you want to go about gaining listeners- not even on Newgrounds. But for the way you say you want to do it, your best bet is to spam your links to youtubers. I mean no offense when I say that because it really is the best way to get new fans anyway, and I do that shit sometimes myself.

But either way, it takes a lot of work to build a fanbase, especially in a smaller community such as NG. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 21:58:36

At 7/14/13 07:56 PM, Teqneek wrote:
But either way, it takes a lot of work to build a fanbase, especially in a smaller community such as NG. Sorry if I hurt your feelings...

You didn't. And I feel you. I don't think I'm "above" anything. I'm just not the type of person who critiques other people's music. If it's good, I'll vote 5 on it. I know what you're saying. It takes reviews to get reviews. I saw that. Twice. It's the golden rule (in a way).

I'm an asshole. It comes with the territory because I KNOW I'm good at what I do. If my shit didn't smell I wouldn't be holding this community's head in the toilet bowl making them whiff it. Honestly, nothing's wrong with using yourself as an example. It's just that this was the first page I read when I joined the community NOT THE SITE, and, I HATE when people use the word 'perspective' and only speak on theirs. I've been on this site since 2007 and my first review wasn't until 2010 (2011 if you want to talk JUST audio). I would've been fine with you telling me to just review to get reviews and leaving it there. I didn't need all of...........that.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 23:18:03

At 7/14/13 09:58 PM, Rilo15 wrote:
I'm an asshole. It comes with the territory because I KNOW I'm good at what I do...

Cockiness is a part of hip hop, but being an asshole doesn't "come with the territory". It would suck if I hated the personalities of my favorite artists, lol.

I was kinda snappy in my first reply to you, but only because you're unknown here, and all I've seen from you is a claim that you'd body all the clabtrap emcees, some half-joking racist remarks, and a demand that we review your stuff. I get set off kind of easily, and that didn't sit well with me, so I replied like I did.

Anyway we cool. Do what you want, and if you become active in the community, I look forward to checking out more of your stuff.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-14 23:30:25

At 7/14/13 11:18 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Cockiness is a part of hip hop, but being an asshole doesn't "come with the territory". It would suck if I hated the personalities of my favorite artists, lol.

I was kinda snappy in my first reply to you, but only because you're unknown here, and all I've seen from you is a claim that you'd body all the clabtrap emcees, some half-joking racist remarks, and a demand that we review your stuff. I get set off kind of easily, and that didn't sit well with me, so I replied like I did.

Anyway we cool. Do what you want, and if you become active in the community, I look forward to checking out more of your stuff.

It does down here [in TX]. People out here are assholes. Some are brash and unashamed of their assholery and some are subtle but sure with it. Trust me, I'm going to go round for round with every. single. one. of. you. I may not get all of y'all at the same time. I may not even win a tournament. But it's on my bucket list to trash all of y'all at least one time each. As far as the "half racism" goes; I'm southern. Racism is more common than clean air out here.

But yeah it's all good. One of these days we'll be facing off. I'mma put you on the business end of this felt tip pen for the love of this music. Till then, I'll be seeing you around ;)

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 12:30:37

At 7/14/13 11:30 PM, Rilo15 wrote:
Trust me, I'm going to go round for round with every. single. one. of. you. I may not get all of y'all at the same time. I may not even win a tournament. But it's on my bucket list to trash all of y'all at least one time each. As far as the "half racism" goes; I'm southern. Racism is more common than clean air out here.

You can start your weird ass, unnecessarily angry warpath with me then. I realize you're just doing this for attention, but I'm always happy to shut down people like you, so you're about to get it.

Oh yeah- I'm southern as well. Maybe you're just a little too weak-minded and easily influenced.

One of these days we'll be facing off. I'mma put you on the business end of this felt tip pen for the love of this music. Till then, I'll be seeing you around ;)

Pick a beat off newgrounds, at least 64 bars long, roughly 90-100 BPM and send me a link. Don't send the verse to me; send it to whoever decides to middle man this battle.

Spit 32 bars, and I'll do the same. I'm busy as fuck so the deadline is next Monday. Have fun losing your first battle, asshole.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 14:33:46

At 7/15/13 12:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:
Pick a beat off newgrounds, at least 64 bars long, roughly 90-100 BPM and send me a link. Don't send the verse to me; send it to whoever decides to middle man this battle.

Spit 32 bars, and I'll do the same. I'm busy as fuck so the deadline is next Monday. Have fun losing your first battle, asshole.

I digg it. Who's the middle man?

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 15:50:38

Aside from myself, people who have middle-manned these blind 32 matches before are Axtekk and MDJ. But really, anyone with the ability to paste verses onto a beat can do it.

This next part is up to you, but it's our best bet to ensure proper exposure...

I run a page here called Battlegrounds, where almost all non-Clabtrap battles are found.

When our battle is finished, the middle man will send us the final mix, and I'll upload it for private listening (only the 3 of us can hear it at this point). Once we both listen and confirm that everything is kosher, I'll click submit and the battle will be publicly viewable and open for judging. If you aren't cool with this, the middle man can upload the entire battle himself and add Battlegrounds as a contributor, but it probably won't get as many listens.

Anyone can judge the battle, but for a vote to count, the user's profile must be at least 3 months old and leave a review of 3 sentences or more. NG Clock Crew votes are also null. The middle-man will tally the votes and call it after one week of judging, provided there are at least 10 votes by that time.

I'll drop a list containing links to established NG producers in my next post. Give me about 30 mins.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 16:50:42

Some good NG producers. Holy crap this is a useful list for everyone. Shoulda made this a looong time ago.

Axtekk

Rampant

Rama

DJ Sonik

Sunra

Defective

S-Rock

CJ Snow

DJ Shak

EbonHawk

Chiledawg

bpleez

JackRocker

Wolfie

Phrozen

Tianwell

RJA

War Spawn

Ganashi

Eternal

Vashelite

Shibumi

PiGPEN

Kill Bill

TeddyGram

ShaggyHaired

FlipEffect

DJDureagon

Prometheus

Sorry If I forgot anyone, as I'm sure I accidentally left out some good producers. But sheeeeiiittt, this is a pretty damn comprehensive list.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 19:05:00

At 7/15/13 03:50 PM, Teqneek wrote:

:If you aren't cool with this, the middle man can upload the entire battle himself and add Battlegrounds as a contributor, but it probably won't get as many listens.

I'm down. I'm looking for a beat right now.....

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 20:57:32

At 7/15/13 02:33 PM, Rilo15 wrote:

I can middle man this. Just pm me with links to your verses. Do you want me to mix your verses onto the beat too?

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 20:59:16

At 7/15/13 07:05 PM, Rilo15 wrote:
At 7/15/13 03:50 PM, Teqneek wrote: If you aren't cool with this, the middle man can upload the entire battle himself and add Battlegrounds as a contributor, but it probably won't get as many listens.
I'm down. I'm looking for a beat right now.....

I can mix the verses together and send the same download link to both of you, then Teq can up it to battlegrounds and the other guy listen to make sure no carefooty business went down.

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 21:04:53

At 7/15/13 08:57 PM, MickeyMao wrote:

I can middle man this. Just pm me with links to your verses. Do you want me to mix your verses onto the beat too?

That would be nice if you saved me the work. My mic quality at the house is trash tho so I might eff with it a little bit before I send a raw wav to you. To be honest, I prefer emailing my verse to you. If that's alright.

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 21:09:25

I don't mind you handing the battle. And yeah, we'll send you our vocal .wavs (along with an mp3 on beat, as a reference track), then paste it on the beat and send it back our way so we can confirm errthang's kosher before you send it to the masses.

Then all you gotta do is add the 2 emcees along with Battlegrounds as contributors, and leave the voting open for a week. Also, can you see if Red will include this as a Clab'13 Grudge Match?

*I'm actually down for having 7 predetermined judges to ensure fair voting, but this dude doesn't really know anybody yet so that doesn't really work right. Plus he already talked shit about the entire NG hip hop scene, so all I can ask is that everybody please vote unbiased and fairly. Let the bars speak for themselves. And let's all pray that Carefoot doesn't show up to sabotage this battle as well (which I'm pretty much counting on him to do in my round 2 match, lol).

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 21:15:24

At 7/15/13 09:04 PM, Rilo15 wrote:

That would be nice if you saved me the work. My mic quality at the house is trash tho so I might eff with it a little bit before I send a raw wav to you. To be honest, I prefer emailing my verse to you. If that's alright.

Sounds good. Can you email me your raw vocs and then a mp3 of your verse on the beat so I can place it properly. email @ happytriggz@gmail.com when you send it, post it here so I remember to check it

BBS Signature

Response to Hip Hop Emcees, Producers, And Fans 2013-07-15 21:20:33

At 7/15/13 09:04 PM, Rilo15 wrote:

As long as Mickey gets your vocals on a .wav, it should be fine regardless of how you choose to send it. But by far (protip incoming), the easiest method for pretty much any collab-style rap track is to upload your file(s) to mediafire, then pm the recipient (in this case- Mickey) with the link. It's soooo much easier than exchanging email addresses and all that madness.

Also, the only modifications Mickey should be doing (mixing-wise) is adjusting our volume levels to make for smooth transitions and evenness. We mix our own vocals for the most part, unless there's a special circumstance where the emcees agree to let the middle man put effects on our shit, but not in this case.