00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New voting security

25,507 Views | 295 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:19:44

its a hassle, but i know you gotta do something, btw it works on opera7 browsers too.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:24:03

hope you figure out a better way of doing this since I am getting typing in #s and letters how about just #s

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:26:53

At 5/19/04 05:53 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 5/19/04 12:54 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Can't you just make this all numbers? That would be a lot simpler and you could keep the fancy font.
Also, I can't wait to see who'll be busted after this. I'll watch the top50 blammers list really closely and see if some people suddely stop haha. I've been wondering about Fixit for a while. Guess we'll see.
Yes I agree with this wise man, numbers numbers and more numbers is good...

~X~

um, that's great and all, Xwayne, but I'm not the person who typed all that. You quoted me QUOTING that person, and snipped out their name. (sigh)

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:32:42

This new voting system blows donkey. It's not working, and it's damn frustrating. I'm calling it quits here at newgrounds until this is straightend out.

Totally sucks

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handey

BBS Signature

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:34:10

At 5/19/04 06:55 AM, Coop83 wrote: This rocks! I was on the protal for a good 15 minutes and not a single flash of the fifteen under judgement entries disappeared. Plus the scores looked a lot higher.
At 5/19/04 07:06 AM, F-13_TrashLock wrote: What a failure.
Look at all the under judgment submissions now. Nobody' voting. I hoep it will create such a low amount of votes that the entire list will be under judgement, and so you will take it off.

ROTFL! One person's complaining about the stockpile of UJ entries, one's loving it.

But you're both wrong in thinking it's only because of this.

It's also because we've just gone through the time period most Americans are asleep. Now that it's 7:30/6:30/5:30/4:30, things will start to pick up in the coming hours. Still, you're not going to get a good sense of how things will work under this new code system until this evening during the primetime rush.

So calm down and be patient and let's see what happens with changes/improvements/browser compability in the coming hours and days, okay? You can't expect things to happen... overnight. heh.

At 5/19/04 07:24 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote: hope you figure out a better way of doing this since I am getting typing in #s and letters how about just #s

Dude, StrongMatt, and then me, and then soulrifter ("Chromius") have all talked about that way back on page 3/4/5. Just #s (or just letters) would be great, yes.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:41:57

I use Mozilla Firefox and it doesnt work. Fix Mozilla first !

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:46:10

It doesn't work with IE on Windows! The voting panel doesn't even come up!

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:51:14

At 5/19/04 07:46 AM, szupie wrote: It doesn't work with IE on Windows! The voting panel doesn't even come up!

Wait, now it does! I right-clicked on the place where the panel should be and clicked "Add to Whitelist". Then when I viewed the movie, it popped out!

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:52:16

This new system is REALLY bad.

First, I use Mozilla Firefox and even when I type in the correct code into the voting panel, the request is still refused. This has happened to me in the area of ten to twenty times. Take it out and fix it.

Second, this is NewGrounds inconveniencing everyone to protect some otherwise useless points is beyond my understanding. If you wanted to protect new entries from bots then raise the number of Blams required before the movie is terminated.

This system hurts. Please, find another way.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:59:13

Instead of random letter and numbers, it should just be random words.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 07:59:19

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL
I've been going to newgrounds since i was really damn young (1997) and never been so pissed. I typed in the code but must have made a mistake because it said error. And then hundreds of error popups appeared. WTF. i can understand like 20 you just close group. But it kept going . Pleqase STOP THIS

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:00:26

Automated voting programs? Wow, i didn't even know these existed :P

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:01:34

FUCK THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO ABUSED THE SECURITY SYSTEM BEFORE

NOW VOTING REQUIRES THINKING AND TYPING!

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:08:34

At 5/18/04 11:13 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

We are logging their activity though and we will remove points from users who we find to be voting unfairly just to rack up their points. We have a nice big list of users already.

Nice.
I hate it when people just vote on batting averages/ current scores and such. Kinda defeats the purpose of voting, if one goose follows the other. But with this whole 'taking points' thing, how do you know that the person wasnt voting on good/bad movies? Isnt it personal judgement. Still - this is a nice idea. If you gonna vote fairly, its worth the lil extra effort to enter the score

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:11:52

Finally Piconjo jams get blammed ;D

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:12:10

I use Mozilla and voting does not work, the pop up appears, but even when I insert the code it says I should, I get an "invalid parameters" error. I deleted IE a long time ago because I thought I wouldn't need it any longer.

>:( What to do now?

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:15:49

What's wrong with the voting box?!?!
Can't vote even when i type code more than once. is there a space or somefing? ne way it sucks. common wade ppl will find a way past that system. how long is it gonna stay up for? can't vote yet. does the vote count even if i can't enter the code?

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:17:52

While I understand the reasoning behind the security code re-entry, I don't like it. I think you will cause many people to not bother voting.

AT THE VERY LEAST, put a focus on the text box so it isn't neccessary to first click on it in order to ente the code - save us a stepl

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:24:25

i understand wade i do not mind taking about 3 secs to put in the voting number but could you make it 4 letters and/or numbers it would be easier to type in one look then i can remember 4 numbers or letter at a time when writing down a word i dont know

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:25:21

At 5/19/04 08:15 AM, Draziel wrote: What's wrong with the voting box?!?!
Can't vote even when i type code more than once. is there a space or somefing? ne way it sucks. common wade ppl will find a way past that system. how long is it gonna stay up for? can't vote yet. does the vote count even if i can't enter the code?

Yeah, the vote counts either way. The code is just there "for fun," so we have something to keep us entertained after we've watched the movie or played the game and voted... wouldn't want to get bored waiting for the thanks for voting! page or anything. O_o

Come on, man, of COURSE it doesn't count. That's what the code thing is stopping.. the vote from counting! Until it's satisfied that you are a human being doing it manually.

If it's fucked for you, I'm sorry, but it's fucked for now. Just be patient, already, or try a different browser. Install 5 of 'em, one of them WILL work.

BBS Signature

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:25:41

This is one of the fastest growing threads i've ever seen...

Well, i'll express my opinion again:

I think this sucks. I can totally understand why you would need this, but this is just annoying.

With people not voting as much anymore, the UJ submissions list seems to be growing rapidly.

If this keeps up, there'll be over 50 new submissions, and you'll either have to make the list longer (till 100 or something) OR lower the amount of users required to vote. Because face it, not a whole lot of people are going to click that button at the bottom of the UJ list.

Oh, and i've loved everything you've done with the site until now. This just plain sucks.

Sorry to say this, Wade, but I'm displeased with you. Go to your room.

fucking magnets man how do they work

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:34:13

At 5/19/04 08:25 AM, kristof88 wrote:
With people not voting as much anymore, the UJ submissions list seems to be growing rapidly.

If this keeps up, there'll be over 50 new submissions, and you'll either have to make the list longer (till 100 or something) OR lower the amount of users required to vote. Because face it, not a whole lot of people are going to click that button at the bottom of the UJ list.

if you look at the recent submission there are about 15 maybe 17 or 18 you're right you know there are gonna have to be people that still have ie and can vote fairly on those movies

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:43:25

Yeah I think that this whole vote system is good indeed. Those people who don't care about the content but just vote for points or to get the submission blammed are damned crazy.

New voting security

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 08:55:14

I haven't read any of the other posts, but the voting doesn't work for me. I type in the numbers and it says Invalid Message/Missing Parameteres. I have checked and double checked the numbers, and the numbers are correct. Any one else having this problem?

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:01:45

At 5/19/04 08:43 AM, USA_BraiN wrote: Yeah I think that this whole vote system is good indeed. Those people who don't care about the content but just vote for points or to get the submission blammed are damned crazy.

Don't you think it's annoying?
Oh, and just for the record: put that pic in your sig instead of posting it all over...If you do it like this, it's called picture spam.

PS: I don't just vote for points. Also for the content. Except when i'm pissed, then I can sometimes just randomly blam a couple submissions. Yeah, I do that sometimes.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:08:31

At 5/19/04 08:34 AM, Ineffiable wrote:
At 5/19/04 08:25 AM, kristof88 wrote:

if you look at the recent submission there are about 15 maybe 17 or 18 you're right you know there are gonna have to be people that still have ie and can vote fairly on those movies

Just calm down, you two.

The UJ entries ARE clearing. I had 20750 blams and 14780 saves a few hours ago, now I have 20753 blams and 14788 saves. Not only did I just get more than 10 points, but look how many SAVES I got. This new system is certainly helping the protects out a bit. Niiiice.

There's not going to be ANY problem with the list of UJ stuff getting insanely long except PERHAPS during the busy afternoon/evening period.

You guys have to remember that for every person having a problem with IE not working, or who won't switch from another browser TO IE in the first place... there are probably ten people who it's working fine for. I'm sorry for anyone in the minority here, and it may SEEM like it's not such a minority, but that's only because those are the people posting about this the most and complaining understandably.

For probably the fourth or fifth time:

Give it some TIME. Wait until at least 24 hours have passed since the system was put in place... it hasn't had a full day yet, we don't know how it's going to work at all times of the day. And it's not even done being tweaked.

Calm.

Patience.

I urge both of those right now. PLEASE, for godsake. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:15:36

At 5/19/04 04:37 AM, JesusCyborg wrote: I will update Newgrounds Toolz for the new voting system.

I love how no one read this post.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:32:54

At 5/19/04 09:31 AM, Zendra wrote:
At 5/19/04 09:15 AM, Forever_Knight wrote: I love how no one read this post.
You are not the only one. We should do something about this guy, right?

I don't really think it's a 'we' kind of thing...I think it's more of a 'mod' kind of thing.

See, didn't use the B word.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:35:11

How about this?
When people vote on UJ entries, this votes could be casted to also, let's say, have a influence in the BLAM/SAVES points in the oppisite way.
That is to say, if a person is just hitting BLAM on all the UJ submissions, then if the UJ submission passes, it could take away from the BLAM/SAVE points that said user has already aquired. Vice versa, people hitting all fivers, will be affected as well if the submission is blamed.
As we know, there are more entries deleted per day than there are saves, so even people just hitting BLAM will not rack in their BLAM/SAVE points as fast. Of course, this is not the only drawback of this method. It has plenty of drawbacks, but this way people will at least try to watch a submission before voting on it. That, and I know there are more things that other people would be upset about, but at least they wouln't be mad about the whole type in CODE thing.

Response to New voting security 2004-05-19 09:43:57

oyyy ppl should get vote points for reviewing not actually voting cause reviewing is harder and more productive and its negates the new system that sucks anus.. and if people just leave shitty reviews they can be punished!!