00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ramenretro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread

1,039 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 22:36:00

Ok, I apologize about the title, first off.

Damn you NG and your 35 character limit!

Anyway, the real title for the game is called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. This, obviously, will be a Sony exclusive that will be released on the PS3 and the PS Vita. The game is currently in development, being made by a fresh, new company called SuperBot Entertainment. Don't worry, though; they have employees who have some experience in the fighting game field (i.e. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc).

Confirmed characters thus-far are:
-Parappa the Rapper
-Nathan Drake
-Big Daddy
-Fat Princess
-Colonel Raedec
-Kratos
-Sly Cooper
-Sweet Tooth

Rumored Characters include:
-Cole MacGrath
-James Bond
-Snake
-Jak and Daxter
-Nariko
-Ratchet
-Sackboy
-Yorda

A unique system in this game probably has to be the stages. Instead of a stage from just one game, they decided to mix aspects from at least two different games.

Stages confirmed so far are:
-Dreamscape (LBP/Buzz)
-Hades (God of War/Patapon)
-Metropolis (Ratchet and Clank/God of War)
-Sandover Village (Jak & Daxter/Hotshots Golf)

So, discuss and rave on whether it's too much like SSB or whether it's just fine the way it is. Either way, have fun discussing it all.

Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 22:42:47

I'm excited for this. Although I wish more cross console characters were available. Big Daddy is there, why not Niko Bellic? Or John Marston? Or really any character that wasn't just a playstation exclusive all the way?

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 22:48:50

Well, that would be kind of hard for most things. Yes, there could be FF characters here and there, but past that, most cross-console games are just a bunch of FPS with no real "characters," per say.

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 23:38:58

I don't see why people hate on this game so much calling it a SSB clone. FPS,and Platformers obviously started from somewhere right?

This is my badly made signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 23:53:06

Fat Princess

What is she going to do, eat cake until she's 800 pounds and then sit on people?

I jinxed that didn't I

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 23:54:14

At 6/21/12 10:42 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: I'm excited for this. Although I wish more cross console characters were available. Big Daddy is there, why not Niko Bellic? Or John Marston? Or really any character that wasn't just a playstation exclusive all the way?

I would love to see some Rockstar in this.

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-21 23:55:21

I dunno if it's just me, but it definitely seems like the roster is a little more colourful than SSB's. Big Daddy is a hell of a lot more gritty than Parappa.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 00:06:31

At 6/21/12 11:53 PM, T3XT wrote:
Fat Princess
What is she going to do, eat cake until she's 800 pounds and then sit on people?

I jinxed that didn't I

I'm more worried as to how Yorda would fight, if she is indeed a possibility. What is she gonna do, grip someone's hand until they faint!?

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 01:04:32

It's a shame this didn't come out on the PS2, when there were more non FPS games. I probably won't even be able to recognize any of the characters.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 01:05:51

If spyro isn't in it, so help me God...

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 01:05:53

I want this game to be a lot better than it's going to be.

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 01:07:22

Fat Princess

I jinxed that didn't I

She does. you haven't seen the gameplay? Shes a summon character, as in most of her moves list consists of her subjects doingthe work for her. Kinda like Jill in MVC2 or Parasoul from skullgirls. To a lesser extent Tron from MVC

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 01:09:18

At 6/22/12 01:07 AM, sweet21 wrote:
Fat Princess

I jinxed that didn't I
She does. you haven't seen the gameplay? Shes a summon character, as in most of her moves list consists of her subjects doingthe work for her. Kinda like Jill in MVC2 or Parasoul from skullgirls. To a lesser extent Tron from MVC

Or apparently an even more forgettable Olimar from the Pikmin games and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 10:38:54

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 11:12:32

Fat Princess

I jinxed that didn't I

I remember watching the gameplay in E3.Didn't she come 2nd or 1st...maybe I'm wrong.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Official Sony Smash Bros. Thread 2012-06-22 13:56:06

At 6/22/12 10:38 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: This thread has been around for a bit.

I knew that. I just decided that I should create a thread that is more up-to-date and actually gives the privilege of discussing it without the whole speculation of whether it is real or not (which is what that other thread was really about).