New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:00 PM Reply

This has been talked about for a little while now, I thought someone else would have made a topic on it. Here's some text that I wrote about it before:

December 24th 2011: So yeah a company called SuperBot Entertainment are working on this game, it's supposed to be a Playstation version of Super Smash Bros. and I am extremely excited for it, especially since the Smash bros. game I own is the on for 64. Been trying to find more and more information about it, but I still end up with the same info I already know.

A lot of the news has been coming from the Paul Gale Network.

Here's his updated FAQ on the game

Gameplay controls for the game

Here's the page where people submit their ideas for the game to Paul, I guess he'll try to mention them to the company, but you have to be a user to post anything. Try to look for me on that page, my name is Dude-Man, I only signed up to share my ideas

Screenshots of the game being worked on

The confirmed characters are:

Kratos-God Of War
Nathan Drake-Uncharted
Fat Princess-Fat Princess
Parappa The Rapper-Parappa The Rapper
Sweet Tooth-Twisted Metal
Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper
Colonel Mael-Killzone

I believe these are characters other people think should be in the game:

Ratchet and Clank-Ratchet and Clank
Turo and Kuro-Playstation Mascots, I think
Cole-Infamous
Nariko-Heavenly Sword
James Bond-James Bond (Given consideration by the company due to Sony having his new movie rights)
Sackboy-LittleBigPlanet
Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon-Spyro
Scorpion-Mortal Kombat (Teased by Ed Boon on twitter)
Sora-Kingdom Hearts
Dante-Devil May Cry
Snake-Metal Gear Solid
Kevin Butler-Playstation 3 Commercial Guy
Raziel-Legacy Of Kain
Sev-Killzone
Toan-Dark Cloud
And so on...

Stages:

LittleBigPlanet Stage-LittleBigPlanet
Sandover Village-Jak and Daxter
The Bridge of Asylia-Lair

I really hope Raziel, Sora, and Scorpion make the cut. And I kind of expect Sonic and Snake to be in this game since they were in Brawl, but I might be wrong. And although I've never played Dead Space, I can picture Isaac in this. The only problem I see with this game is that a lot of sony characters use guns, and a few of them, like Crash, Spyro, and Sly Cooper, have very little attacks in their own games.

April 3rd 2012: So there is FINALLY more news on this game, it will be made playable at E3 this year, I hope. The name currently being considered for it is:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

from what I've seen online. Check out Paul Gales latest post on Title Fight!

April 11th 2012: So yeah there has been rumor about this for some time now, Paul says this game has been in the works since 2010. But what are your opinion on this game? Do you have any Ideas for it?

Just call me Psycho for short.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

I dunno about Kevin Butler being a playable character. He's pretty much God-tier when it comes to all things PlayStation XD
This definitely sounds like a cool game. Now if only Xbox-only users such as myself could get our own Smash Bros. type game, with the likes of... Master Chief and Fable characters?

Xbox exclusives suck compared to PS3.
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 09:30 PM, Klobb17 wrote:

Well. You have Banjo and Kazooie.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 4/11/12 09:59 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 4/11/12 09:30 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
Well. You have Banjo and Kazooie.

The last time that pair were any good was Banjo-Tooie N64, in my opinion.

The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

Update: A new tweet by David Jaffe, possibly teasing the game.

Also SuperBot Entertainment is said to be revealing a game this coming Thursday. I'll check the internet that day to see if anything pops up.

The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 4/24/12 08:55 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Update: A new tweet by David Jaffe, possibly teasing the game.

Sorry if the link doesn't work. If not check out this screenshot I took of what he typed, as well as the first few comments, I think.

Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 09:57 PM Reply

If i only knew it was going to be a fighting game, I would be hoping for a fighting game like condemned. But Title FIght and the developer's image gives off a "a casual 4 player platforming fighter with move support up its ass" vibe.

I can't blame them for going for this i suppose. What really annoys me though is LittleBigPlanet Racing (due to the failed Modnation Racers?) is in development by Media Molecule. Whadafuck Sony!? I want them making something original or good and not just piggy back riding on Mario and his accessories's success.

Makes me want to win the lottery, start up a game company with a staff comprised of veterans, and make the great games without all the bullshit... brb going to buy some MegaMillions tickets.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 24th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 4/12/12 04:10 AM, Protagonist wrote: Awesome. Really hoping they add Cole though, and not Infamous 2 Cole either, hes a faggot.

So you want them to remove the AMP as well as fire and ice powers?
Maybe they'll add the original Ratchet that only had 4 health and no upgraded weapons, or any armor.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 25th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

Cole is going to make me buy the game. Sony has a pretty good cast of characters, but for a fighting game throwing around lightning and swinging the amp is just going to be badass. Sora could be a cool character as well.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 25th, 2012 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Okay, when's the 360 getting something like this?

Master Chief vs Marcus Fenix anyone?
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 25th, 2012 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 4/25/12 11:06 AM, Protagonist wrote:
At 4/24/12 09:59 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 4/12/12 04:10 AM, Protagonist wrote: Awesome. Really hoping they add Cole though, and not Infamous 2 Cole either, hes a faggot.
So you want them to remove the AMP as well as fire and ice powers?
Maybe they'll add the original Ratchet that only had 4 health and no upgraded weapons, or any armor.
Don't get smart with me boy. If you've played Infamous 2 you'll know that Cole is an extreme prick and ruined the character. Maybe they can give Infamous 1 Cole the amp, Or multiple skins with one being the Cole we all know and love.

If there is ANY sort of story, he better act and be voiced by the original Cole. Fuck the new guy, he' a pansy.

They'll probably have him in his Infamous 2 outfit(s), Paul said that Nathan Drake had his Uncharted 3 outfit (Desert Drak I think) during the games secrecy, so they'll most likely keep characters the way they were seen latest in their original games.

I'm hoping for both a Hero and Karma Cole though, one with some fire powers, the other with ice. Mixed with electricity of course...

Also yeah Paul said there would be a story mode in this game, I guess it'll be like that Subspace Emissary thing in SSBB.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 25th, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

At 4/25/12 07:05 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote:
I'm hoping for both a Hero and Karma Cole though, one with some fire powers, the other with ice. Mixed with electricity of course...

Also yeah Paul said there would be a story mode in this game, I guess it'll be like that Subspace Emissary thing in SSBB.

They will probably have costumes you can change.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 04:49 AM Reply

I won't be purchasing this lazy ripoff of a game.

Super Smash Bros. was original and the Nintendo characters meshed together nicely. These characters in a fighting game seems strange and I'm sure the nest Smash Bros. on WiiU will be infinitely better.

Game is complete garbage you should all feel bad about yourselfs.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 26th, 2012 @ 04:51 AM Reply

At 4/26/12 04:49 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: I won't be purchasing this lazy ripoff of a game.

Super Smash Bros. was original and the Nintendo characters meshed together nicely. These characters in a fighting game seems strange and I'm sure the nest Smash Bros. on WiiU will be infinitely better.

Game is complete garbage you should all feel bad about yourselfs.

nest=next
yourselfs=yourselves

Forgive the typos, on my Vita. (Showing I do like SOny, but this game is ridiculous.

BBS Signature
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Gameplay video released. So happy right now!

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 08:10 AM Reply

At 4/27/12 07:41 AM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Gameplay video released. So happy right now!

Well, it looks like another SSB rip-off. How original and fun.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 4/25/12 11:06 AM, Protagonist wrote: Don't get smart with me boy. If you've played Infamous 2 you'll know that Cole is an extreme prick and ruined the character.

Everything about inFamous 2 was better than the first one, including Cole's character.

I'd just be lying if I said that I didn't sometimes miss his old gravely voice from the first one, but 2 gave him much more personality and a lot more character development and I liked him a lot more.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 11:46 AM, Protagonist wrote:
At 4/27/12 11:00 AM, IrishGun wrote: Everything about inFamous 2 was better than the first one, including Cole's character.

I'd just be lying if I said that I didn't sometimes miss his old gravely voice from the first one, but 2 gave him much more personality and a lot more character development and I liked him a lot more.
Coles character was ruined in Infamous 2. Infamous 1 he may of stood quiet, but he was a reserved and serious person. In Infamous 2 it's like he aged down 10 years and became a mature very of spiderman with cheesy dialog and becoming and prick. In one scene in particular, he laughs when Kuo ( the Asian lady ) says penal system, and I thought to myself "what the fuck? that's so stupid it's like hes in high school".

Well, I'm not going to lie by saying that Infamous 1 had a better storyline overall (much better than the expected death or becoming some "all-powerful entity" at the end of 2), but the voice of Cole in the 1st game---the guy was just trying to sound too Batman-ish (dark, sinister, but can still keep up emotions). As for gameplay, the inclusion of the Amp and trying to tweak the melee system was just a nice little add-on; something extra to keep the players a little bit happier over the transition of Cole's voice. And so what if he isn't as serious as he was before? He's in a lighter environment! New Marais, for goodness sake! Don't you think he 'ought to loosen up just a little? So what if he laughs at a few immature jokes here and there, it still doesn't change the fact of how he acts for the rest of the game! To me, he was still down-to-earth and wasn't too much of a prick all the time. Let Sucker Punch do what they want with the character; just don't make him be such a tight-ass is all I ask.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 07:41 AM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Gameplay video released. So happy right now!

I bet my main is gonna be sly.

Would've been nice if it had sackboy to play as.....

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

hands on preview, the game has the mobility and platforming found in SSB but it has a more disciplined game fighting style. No one button mashing with this, or using items (for now).

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 09:22 PM, sweet21 wrote: hands on preview, the game has the mobility and platforming found in SSB but it has a more disciplined game fighting style. No one button mashing with this, or using items (for now).

Haven't items already been confirmed? I mean, one point of the video shows more than one character with an RPG in their hands. Particularly when they go over Fat Princess' character. Also, though I agree that some fighting games have more depth to combat than others, all of them are capable of somebody winning by mashing buttons. Just like spray and pray in a shooter or spamming a spell/power in an MMO.

I don't think Sony fans need to be ashamed of the similarities to Smash Bros. Instead, they should be ashamed of legitimately bad ideas as they are announced about the game. You can only get kills through Super Moves? Points are only gotten through said kills and the winner is based off of who killed the most in a certain time limit? Ouch, when there's a tourney fanbase for this game, there's gonna be a ton of rules and banned characters/stages. When more than two characters get engaged in close combat, it looks nothing more than a mashfest with one guy sitting back firing projectiles.

One stray from Smash Bros that I do like, however, is that more than one IP is to be represented in each stage. Like the Metropolis from the Ratchet and clank universe being invaded by the Hydra from God of War 1. It really emphasizes the chaos if such universes were to collide, which Smash Bros. rarely does much to capitalizes on.

The last thing I'm sad about is the title. I like it, it's just....I really wanted the next Smash Bros. to be called "Battle Royale". :(

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

I can't wait for this game to suck and make sony lose even more cash monies.

You can't copy Smash Bros and expect a good outcome, hell, Nintendo didn't even do their own damn franchise right when Brawl came along. Random tripping? u trollin 'tendo?

BBS Signature
ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

Looks cool. Hopefully at E3, they'll have more info.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 28th, 2012 @ 01:09 AM Reply

This game looks pretty damn awesome and the maps are cool with how they blend different games. Hope to see more information soon.

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 05:29 AM Reply

First a knockoff Wiimote, now a knockoff Smash Bros?
Jesus Christ.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 4/29/12 05:29 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: First a knockoff Wiimote, now a knockoff Smash Bros?
Jesus Christ.

That's like saying that Battlefield is a knockoff of Call of Duty.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 4/29/12 10:39 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 4/29/12 10:12 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 4/29/12 05:29 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: First a knockoff Wiimote, now a knockoff Smash Bros?
Jesus Christ.
That's like saying that Battlefield is a knockoff of Call of Duty.
what...? i'm not following that

They just the same genre it doesn't make them knock-offs.

BBS Signature
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
The-Psycho-Ragdoller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 4/27/12 06:38 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: I bet my main is gonna be sly.

I got a feeling he's gonna be confirmed next, along with Ratchet, Jak and Nathan Drake.

At 4/28/12 01:09 AM, Cootie wrote: This game looks pretty damn awesome and the maps are cool with how they blend different games. Hope to see more information soon.

Hoping for an Uncharted 3 Rub Al' stage, maybe with features from that Journey game.

At 4/29/12 10:54 AM, POTaTOS wrote: They just the same genre it doesn't make them knock-offs.

I agree with this.

I don't see why people keep calling it Smash Bros. rip-off, the only thing they really use that's the same is the combat system. This game has some noticeable differences:

1. The levels in this game look like they're gonna be way more dynamic than SSB, it even has 2 games features in a stage (something Brawl does not)
2. There is no percentage
3. This have has you build up your special attack instead of hitting a smash ball
4. The graphics look more worked on if you ask me and more into detail
5. Sony characters, it's the most obvious...

But still I don't see the big deal, Newgrounds Rumble has similar gameplay and that game isn't considered a SSB copy. Alien Hominid plays like Metal Slug (so I've heard) and is a bit similar to the old Sonic games.

Both games are good in my opinion, maybe I just like this one more because I'm more of a Sony person. SSB is pretty fun to me, but I don't think I know any history behind even half the playable characters.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 02:12 PM Reply

I was hoping something along the lines of a marvel vs. capcom esc. team fighting game. At least one on one or tag team, perhaps what skullgirls is doing, with a team of two average characters, thee weak ones, or one Juggernaut. Wonder how big the roster will get.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight Apr. 29th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

Title: Playstation ALL Stars Battle Royale
******Characters confirmed******
Kratos
Parrapa the Rapper
Sweettooth
Fat Princess
Colonel Radict (Killzone)
Sly Cooper

Skip to 1:39
No bullshit

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature