00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet

2,499 Views | 31 Replies

Where: Manchester, England
When: Aug 23-25 2012
What: Feeling mopey about lack of England meet in the Summer? Not to worry, what was originally a birthday celebration in Manchester has expanded to a mini Newgrounds meet up to make up for the loss of major Summer meet due to the Olympics. This will be a breather for those who simply find 2012 to be a dull year as well as a little something before whenever the next major meet is held.
===========================
Due to circumstances with the Gay Pride weekend, it is best avoiding the Saturday considering the jacked up prices for hotel expenses on the Saturday night. Events are held on Thursday and Friday with it being concluded Saturday daytime. Thursday will consist of all day Kyoto Lounge while Friday is... more Kyoto Lounge but with a consideration for the Odder Bar at 6PM followed by karaoke at 9PM. If you are 100% with this idea, book ASAP for hotels for which the prices on Thursday and Friday nights are still manageable. If you book on this very day, you can get hotel offers from this site. Otherwise, the expenses will be up to you.
===========================
Yes Luis, I stole your meet post template. Deal with it. Any further updates will be posted here and/or on the Facebook event. Also, may or may not come with sugar tits.

Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-21 20:04:55

I heartily approve. Will be dragging along me bro's for post-birthday boozing and gaming.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-21 20:05:58

I'd have loved to come but I really doubt I'm going to be able to make it. I just can't afford it right now :(

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-21 20:54:08

Global transportation in this half of the century sucks.

It's a no for me.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-21 20:56:02

At 6/21/12 07:58 PM, Bahamut wrote: Where: Manchester, England
When: Aug 23-25 2012

Hmm... I'm not sure. I'll have to do some checking up.

Please note, if I say no to this one, I think it will mean no, rather than "I'm going to see if someone will fund a room for me and then I'll slip quietly onto a coach, before getting lost in the rain, in Manc."

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-21 20:59:34

At 6/21/12 08:51 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: too far away for me

Whereabouts are you in the UK? Would a London meet be better for you whenever the next one is held (no idea of this right now)?

At 6/21/12 08:54 PM, Painbringer wrote: Global transportation in this half of the century sucks.

It's a no for me.

I know that feeling too well.

All dat NYC meets and Pico Day events.
At 6/21/12 08:56 PM, Coop wrote: Please note, if I say no to this one, I think it will mean no, rather than "I'm going to see if someone will fund a room for me and then I'll slip quietly onto a coach, before getting lost in the rain, in Manc."

Just a way to surprise us again, yes?

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-22 04:36:20

2 months notice is awful.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-22 05:46:25

At 6/22/12 04:36 AM, Gagsy wrote: 2 months notice is awful.

Indeed.

The Manchester meetups are always amazing so if possible I will try and go, but will have to check out my money etc. to see if I can make it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-22 06:01:26

Fucking hell. I'd love to meet up with some bros and play some games.

There is a time when I will go to a meetup, but it is not yet.
It just seems awfully redundant until I turn 18 and can drink (still got 6 months to go on that front).

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-22 06:06:04

At 6/22/12 05:46 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Indeed.

The Manchester meetups are always amazing so if possible I will try and go, but will have to check out my money etc. to see if I can make it.

We still need to meet because I already have it planned that I need to sing Queen's Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-23 05:09:53

At 6/22/12 06:06 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/22/12 05:46 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Indeed.

We still need to meet because I already have it planned that I need to sing Queen's Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy to you.

I know, we need to make sure we are both going to the same meetups :p

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-06-23 05:40:59

maybe

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-08 21:39:00

Quick notes for this meet: With the Kyoto Lounge not opening on Thursday or Friday until 5PM, I'll be calling the official start of the meet on Thursday 5PM so the Thursday will be a matter of showing up there. As for Friday, nothing is planned for daytime and due to restricted opening hours with the Kyoto, it might be best to scrap making our way to a restaurant and just hang around at the gaming bar for a few hours until we're ready for karaoke.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-08 21:41:03

At 7/8/12 09:39 PM, Tramps wrote: I'll be there.

Are you promising it?

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-09 01:25:10

Put me down as a 10% chance of maybe.

This is filler text.

The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-09 07:09:54

At 7/8/12 10:17 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Fedoras and long skinny beards.

Just wondering if you guys actually think this looks cool or if you realize it looks hilarious?

The right individuals to ask are Idocreating for the fedora and Coop for the "long skinny beard".

At 7/8/12 11:28 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Whose birthday?

Idocreating's brother.

At 7/9/12 01:25 AM, HungarianSupermarket wrote: Put me down as a 10% chance of maybe.

I just hope that 10% will result in you showing up for sure.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-09 19:04:56

At 7/9/12 07:09 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/8/12 10:17 PM, CockGobbler wrote: Fedoras and long skinny beards.

Just wondering if you guys actually think this looks cool or if you realize it looks hilarious?
The right individuals to ask are Idocreating for the fedora and Coop for the "long skinny beard".

Diss the fedora if you must, but no-one mocks the Coop beard.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-10 00:14:04

I really need to get a passport so I can attend :s

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-10 06:32:42

You guys accept an American stationed at Mildenhall? :D

Well.

Shit.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-07-26 03:56:20

At 7/10/12 06:32 AM, akmeteor wrote: You guys accept an American stationed at Mildenhall? :D

Anyone's welcome as long as they're over 18.

And remember their I.D.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-01 21:00:30

Totally down for this. Will probably look to split a room again.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-01 21:12:46

I'll have to miss this one with my extra money going to my new PC this year. Hopefully make one next year again.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-17 13:30:33

Only 6 days away until this mini meet begins. It's all going ahead to be at the Kyoto on Thursday at 5PM until it closes and for Friday night, it will be exploring around the city centre until 5 for when we go to the Kyoto Lounge for the second time. Friday night is still karaoke night at 9PM so that's our meet in the nutshell. To those that are coming next week, we'll see you there then!

I swear, this event has crept up on me very fast.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-17 13:34:24

At 8/17/12 01:30 PM, Bahamut wrote: Only 6 days away until this mini meet begins. It's all going ahead to be at the Kyoto on Thursday at 5PM until it closes and for Friday night, it will be exploring around the city centre until 5 for when we go to the Kyoto Lounge for the second time. Friday night is still karaoke night at 9PM so that's our meet in the nutshell. To those that are coming next week, we'll see you there then!

Needs more Kyoto Lounge at the end.

I swear, this event has crept up on me very fast.

Well you did only give it a few months from the initial post :p

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-17 13:37:20

At 8/17/12 01:34 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Well you did only give it a few months from the initial post :p

I'm sure I've said before it was only organised then because Idocreating made arrangement with his brother(s?) to go to Manchester for the weekend. I'm hoping an official UK meet will be announced for a later date soon but don't expect me to sort that one out. :P

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-17 18:33:34

I might come, if I'm not working and if any other members that I actually know or have met before go.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-19 18:33:01

Most unfortunate I've had to come to this but due to the dead attendance, I'm pulling out of the meet. While I would have met one or two while I was there, I feel I should save the expenses on a hotel for a more busy event than this. The other meet organiser Idocreating is still in Manchester and will keep the event page open incase any of you do pop in but you won't be seeing me for the two days.

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-23 20:35:07

Bump.

This thing (apparently) is happening right now today.

Just thought I'd let everyone know just in case more people want to come for the remaining days...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-23 22:34:34

At 8/23/12 08:35 PM, Painbringer wrote: Bump.

Just thought I'd let everyone know just in case more people want to come for the remaining days...

he canceled it in the post above you.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Manchester Gaming Boozefest Meet 2012-08-24 01:24:01

At 8/23/12 08:35 PM, Painbringer wrote: Bump.

.. I don't underatand why you are bumping this. Besides the fact that the event has been officially cancelled by the one who was running it, you're Canadian. You're nowhere near Manchester. Be like me bumping a Toronto meet thread regarding the timing when there isn't a chance in hell I'll be there to attend it anyway.

BBS Signature