00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LostMachineMusic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Motion tweening vs Classic tweening

833 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ahoy there, animateys!

For those of you who have experience with flash CS4 and above, can any of you support Adobe's new system of motion tweening as opposed to what is now called "classic" tweening. I've used CS4+ for about two years now, and I still haven't found any reason to use the new tweening tools, such as 3D. To me, this has always been just another stupid feature that has little practical value (such as the... shudder... deco tool), but in basic tutorials for newer versions of flash, many focus more heavily on new motion tweens.

If any of you rely heavily on tweens to the extent that I do, which do you prefer? And if you have lots of experience with both tween types, which can you say is easier to use / produces a better end result?

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-05-31 01:07:31

At 5/30/12 07:51 PM, Emrox wrote: Ahoy there, animateys!

For those of you who have experience with flash CS4 and above, can any of you support Adobe's new system of motion tweening as opposed to what is now called "classic" tweening. I've used CS4+ for about two years now, and I still haven't found any reason to use the new tweening tools, such as 3D. To me, this has always been just another stupid feature that has little practical value (such as the... shudder... deco tool), but in basic tutorials for newer versions of flash, many focus more heavily on new motion tweens.

If any of you rely heavily on tweens to the extent that I do, which do you prefer? And if you have lots of experience with both tween types, which can you say is easier to use / produces a better end result?

Motion tweening seems like a shortcut to me. Even before I learned animation, I could tell there was something off about motion tweens that made it look less profesional.

However, it is a lot faster, meaning it is more realistic for one person to do a lot.

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-05-31 02:51:32

EDIT(don't know how to edit on this forum): you were probably talking about classic tweens in flash weren't you? I thought you meant individually drawing tweens

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-05-31 15:22:40

At 5/31/12 02:51 AM, menotyou135 wrote: EDIT(don't know how to edit on this forum): you were probably talking about classic tweens in flash weren't you? I thought you meant individually drawing tweens

Yessir I was, but thanks for the response :3

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-05-31 21:00:20

I just learned what the difference between the two was a few weeks or so ago. I prefer classic tween.

Motion tweens are just a lot harder to use. You can get the same result using a motion guide. It costs you a layer, but it's easier to edit and stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-06-01 05:36:21

Motion tweens get real messy and seem harder to use. I don't personally see the advantage to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Motion tweening vs Classic tweening 2012-06-03 19:17:15

Classic tweening is the way to go.