00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GhostiePlus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Visualizations As Wallpapers

1,001 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Visualizations As Wallpapers 2012-05-23 16:09:20

Hi everyone,

I've kind of been a lurker on this site for a long time (way before I even made my account) and decided I should start posting some of my stuff on here. For my "art" style I used to use winamp's AVS which I would then play specific music to mess with the visualizations presets I would make. (For those that don't know what this is, this is the kind of stuff you see when you play music in the audio portals here.) If I got a good result based on the music I would take a snapshot of it and then use it as a wallpaper. So does anyone else do this kind of stuff? I know these are a lot better to watch in motion but still some of these stills are hard to pass up.

I have a couple extra images I've resized and threw on the dumping grounds but I plan on putting a few of the extras on the my profile here soon. Most of them are 1080p PNGs but I usually run them through like a PNG optimizer to help reduce the size. (Main reason I haven't posted all my stuff)

Either way tell me what you think. I haven't made any new AVS presets for a couple of years and I think it's time I made some more so keep an eye out.

A couple extras previews in a addition to the one I added to the post:

Sound Flower (Resize)

Like Magic (Resize)

Fire Protects Emblem (Resize)

Visualizations As Wallpapers

Response to Visualizations As Wallpapers 2012-05-23 16:34:44

At 5/23/12 04:09 PM, BlackJackRatso wrote: For my "art" style I used to use winamp's AVS which I would then play specific music to mess with the visualizations presets I would make. If I got a good result based on the music I would take a snapshot of it and then use it as a wallpaper.

These are images that are auto-generated by your computer software, and captured with a screenshot.

This is a step below fractal art for me, since the only things you control are what track is being played, what visualisation mode is on, and what time to press the Print Screen button.

BBS Signature

Response to Visualizations As Wallpapers 2012-05-23 17:02:00

At 5/23/12 04:34 PM, PigeonOnAStick wrote:
This is a step below fractal art for me, since the only things you control are what track is being played, what visualisation mode is on, and what time to press the Print Screen button.

I'd say I have a lot more in control than that. Especially since I make my own visualizations when I do this (Not to say I don't use other peoples equations as guides on occasion). So essentially I'm in control of every variable of each visualization. If you have Winamp installed you can have a look at my collection here. The only issue about making wallpapers back in the day for me was I was limited to a single core CPU and a 1024x768 resolution. Now that 1080p has become an option with recent hardware upgrades I figured I would start making better wallpapers.

So I guess you could call what I'm doing active fractal art?