00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion

1,764 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-04 09:09:25

Hey guys, name's Troisnyx and I'm a regular at the Audio Portal/Forums.

Reason why I'm here is because I'd like to suggest an Epic Battle Fantasy artwork/audio collab! EBF recently turned three -- the first EBF game was released on 1 May 2009. I initially put this idea in my News Posts, but got a heads-up from HalcyonicFalconX, so I'm putting this in the forums. I've suggested this at the Art, Audio and Flash forums thus far.

So what say we come up with remixes (and gather the old ones), come up with fanart (and gather any old ones), etc., etc., someone put it into a neat little Flash, and we get it done by 31 May (or even 1 June)? Just as a tribute.

Now I know collabs like this have been done in the past, but hey. Collabs are fun.

I've called for musicians to come up with new remixes, gather old ones across the Audio Portal... Artists, some fanart will be awesome! As for the Flash, I know we'll need a visual idea as to how this works, so I'll try and draw up one when this thing gets more momentum.

I initially wanted this to be finished on 31 May/1 June, but I find that too soon. Also, EBF4 is coming out very soon, so that's something I want to take into account.

Any fans of the EBF series? Please, do jump in!

P.S. Now, I'm not a Flash maker, so I don't have a BA. But so far, I have six musicians and one artist who have shown interest. I've participated in a collab before -- the NG CD 2012 (Music for Charity), where I submitted music (that didn't get through) and designed the T-shirt (which ultimately got accepted). I've been on NG for less than a year. If anyone would like to join me and perhaps take charge of this thing (if I can't), you're most welcome.

Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-04 13:08:23

I can help some work on music production.

Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-05 05:10:46

Anyone else up for this?

Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-06 20:31:50

Hey there, my brother and I are composers, we can help you in that department.

Here's our website and Soundcloud for more information on what we've worked on.

TheTwinsCompositions Site

TheTwinsCompositions SoundCloud

Also here's our skype to get in contact with us.

composerkuandohan (will come out as TheTwins Hill & Wynn)

This idea sound interesting, we'll talk more when we get in contact!
Thank you! Looking forward to working with you!

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Hill & Wynn

My Brother and I compose music! Here's our site for more information on projects, ect.

TheTwinsCompositions

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn

Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-06 22:17:26

Thank you, Kuandohan!

Guys, I'd like to say that the movement is gaining some steam, and the progression can be found here at the Audio Forums. Please, do tell us if you're interested! The more, the merrier.

Response to An Epic Battle Fantasy suggestion 2012-05-15 07:12:17

My exam's over and I'm here with updated information.

I am thinking the Flash size should be about 800 px in length, maximum. Which makes 600 in width. So the canvas size would be a little less than that, say, 720 x 540?

Images are varied, themes are varied, but I'm thinking of keeping it T-rated at the most, to fit in with players of the series (nearly the entire series has been T-rated except for Brawl Royale). Any style is welcome -- but again, I would not like too much character art. Equal focus has to be given on the characters, the atmosphere, the little things in EBF, Adventure Story and Bullet Heaven, the enemies, the weapons etc. If you're even inspired by the music, you're welcome to make something out of it!

To this day I haven't found a person who'd gladly put together the Flash. I'm not sure if Matt is up for it, but technically speaking, he wouldn't be, since this is a tribute, and not really part of the canon series. Still, if he'd like to give input, I'll gladly welcome him.

On that note, this is the status of the collab over at the Audio Portal.