00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Elder Scrolls Online

6,200 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 12:56:54

Bethesda hasn't had enough of your attention, it demands more!!! Between this, Skyrim's financial success and Dishonored they are becoming more than a juggernaut with their recent line ups.

Argue, voice your thoughts, etc.

For everyone all giddy about The Elder Scrolls MMO, early tomorrow there will be a teaser trailer from Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softworks followed by a screen shot. Tune in here

Elder Scrolls Online

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 13:06:36

I hope it still has a somewhat similar fighting system to previous games and not the point and click kind.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 14:03:13

I'm sorry, what? Just.. what? I never thought an online Elder Scrolls would exist. Sucks that I won't be able to get it unless I get a better PC before next year.

Again, what?

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 14:11:37

That certainly sounds interesting. I have to admit, though, I would've been perfectly content with an Elder Scrolls game where everything else was the same, except you had like one person that could join you, as far as multiplayer goes.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:01:55

Keep in mind that this isn't being developed by the same guys who developed the TES series.

Although MMOs aren't really my thing any more, I'm still really interested to see how this turns out.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:05:52

I remember reading that they are going for a "WoW" styled game.

It will probably mean that the older level system comes back or your character will be class locked. I guess the number of instances will be far less than the singleplayer games.

Why can't they just make a Co-op spin-off in located in Akavir instead?

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:15:07

To be honest I don't like the sound of that. Unless they completely change the gameplay style, I don't see how it would really work, specifically PvP.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:33:48

One thing to get me sucked in this easily is if you could explore ALL of Tamriel. Sure, that would be fucking huge but it's the one big reason for me to get into an MMORPG.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:34:46

At 5/3/12 01:06 PM, Kytraal wrote: I hope it still has a somewhat similar fighting system to previous games and not the point and click kind.

But that's what the Elder Scrolls combat system IS! Point and click until your enemy stops moving.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:37:59

I hope no one expects this to be Skyrim with other people. In other words, there's no way it's going to be like a single player title, but with other people. I won't be surprised if they have class selection. However, if they did, I bet they would do it well. Maybe you choose one of the three major archtypes (Warrior, Mage, Thief) and as you level up you can branch off into other fields to develop a battle-mage or illusionist-assassin. I have high hopes for this, I expect it to be something great.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 16:56:48

After SWTOR I promised myself not to get my hopes up in case this gets announced, but damn, can't help it.
Also;
"set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm."

So the world is in danger of being swallowed by the King of Rape? That sounds like fun.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-03 17:55:21

At 5/3/12 04:26 PM, LaForge wrote: i read Zenimax is in charge of TES: Online. where did you get that piece of info?

Zenimax Online Studios will be the ones developing it yes, but these are not the same guys who worked on the TES games we know, as far as I'm aware. It's a separate studio with different developers.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 18:15:33

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh dear.

Elder Scrolls Online

god

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 19:41:30

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:01:37

Yeeeeees.. finally the first nail in the coffin for The Elder Scrolls!

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:04:56

Just what I wanted!

Another bland, lifeless, unoriginal, generic high fantasy MMORPG!

Seriously though, why doesn't any company take a risk with their MMOs these days? As evidenced by WoW's dwindling numbers, people are starting to get bored of the same old shit. The genre seriously needs to be reinvented, but no major company is really ballsy enough to try it. So instead they just copy WoW for the billionth time.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:05:08

Sounds so shit.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:05:09

At 5/4/12 09:01 PM, kmau wrote: Yeeeeees.. finally the first nail in the coffin for The Elder Scrolls!

Nah... an MMORPG failing won't knock it down.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:07:56

At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote: - You can't own a house because it's "too hard to implement in an MMO". (See Runescape for an example of this - Yes, Runescape)

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to also note that Ultima Online had public housing, and that was released in 1997 (4 years before runescape). I mean... if you found a good plot of land, you could own a fucking castle for christ's sake.

"Too hard to implement?" Right, that's why they were doing it in other games more than a decade ago.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:27:12

Sorry to say I'm not at all excited for this.. I love TES, but I know exactly how it's gonna turn out... Same thing as TOR.

They'll have a big name behind it, and add 1 or 2 gimmicks... then the gameplay will be a copy paste of every other MMO before it. I love Bioware, but I considered TOR a failure once you got past the fact that everything was voiced and story driven... The actual gameplay was so traditional and boring that the awesome story telling couldn't keep me playing.
The second someone stopped talking, I was bored out of my mind.

Why devs, when working with a big name that's pretty much guaranteed to pull a lot of people in with name alone, don't take more chances with the actual gameplay is beyond me... They should realize people are getting tired of the same old mechanics being used in 95% of the MMOs being released today.
Familiar is no longer safe territory, it's asking to fail... because familiar has been done to death, and most people are getting bored of it.

I won't write it off entirely... but as it stands, I don't have high hopes for this.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 21:48:57

I don't like this idea.

At 5/4/12 09:01 PM, kmau wrote: Yeeeeees.. finally the first nail in the coffin for The Elder Scrolls!

ecstatic at the thought of a franchise failing because you don't like it.

Go outside.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-04 22:06:42

At 5/4/12 09:07 PM, Rallard wrote:
At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote:
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to also note that Ultima Online had public housing, and that was released in 1997 (4 years before runescape). I mean... if you found a good plot of land, you could own a fucking castle for christ's sake.

"Too hard to implement?" Right, that's why they were doing it in other games more than a decade ago.

You could also own a home and a huge guild house in Asheron's Call which was released in 1999

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-05 09:42:47

A lot of people seem to be disappointed by this already. Probably because a TES MMO makes people think of a game that's just like playing Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim with other people at the same time. That's never something that was going to happen.

Regardless of how it turns out, it wont be something that I can see myself playing unless it happens to be one of those MMOs where you buy the disc and it's free from there on in but I really can't see that happening. It's more than likely going to have a monthly subscription like I'm sure most people are expecting anyway, but that's the deal killer with MMOs for me.

I'll no doubt end up looking into it out of curiosity because I do like the concept of a TES MMO but I just don't think it's going to be what the majority of people are hoping for.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-05 13:01:33

I'm waiting for a Souls MMO.

*cracks up laughing*

I'm sorry I can't say that with a straight face...

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-05 14:09:15

At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote: Here's the whole article.

Okay, now I'm done ripping on people who complain about this game. I've played plenty of MMO games and I always get bored of them really easily. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to play WoW. But Elder Scrolls Online seems like another one of those MMOs that I'd play for a week or two before getting bored of it. I hope this ends up wowing us all by being way better than we think it's going to be.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-05 15:14:59

I will admit that I am very excited for this game, but I am also very wary.

I can see and think about how it could be made into a nice MMO, but I am afraid that will smear the name a little bit, if it fails big time.

It seems that every MMO that isn't WoW seems to fizzle out after a little while, and they stuggle to maintain a fan base.

I have high hopes, but I advise everyone to tread cautiously.

VOTE BUSH 2012

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-05 18:15:17

At 5/4/12 08:02 PM, Tramps wrote: Here's the whole article.

Don't worry guys, any excitement I had died right here.

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-06 04:18:07

It'll do okay but how it's going to play I doubt it'll be what they're hoping for a wow juggernaught.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-06 05:25:27

At 5/6/12 02:54 AM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: Well they did it with red dead redemption. And that game wasn't that far below skyrim in features.

The multiplayer on Red Dead Redemption is not an MMO. That's just bog standard multiplayer. Something like that could probably be done, but TES has always been single player experience and I imagine that most of the fan base would probably be upset knowing that some of the development time was to be wasted on a multiplayer feature that isn't needed, instead of adding to or polishing the single player element of the game.

In my opinion, the only reason you'd add on a multiplayer element to the game would be to cater to all FPS gamers that can't see the fun in a single player experience. I believe the new God of War game is essentially doing just that.

BBS Signature

Response to Elder Scrolls Online 2012-05-06 05:28:23

Not even the lore is correct. Nords allied with Dunmer, I mean really?