Be a Supporter!

Best of March 2012

  • 16,320 Views
  • 42 Replies
Respond to this Topic
JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Writer
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

HaHA! I helped! Hooray!


SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE
| I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer.
I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
Stupor
Stupor
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

The Pico Day livestream had better be better than ever!

I want the quality to be so crisp that I can count each individual hair on Tomar's chest.


Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 4/12/12 10:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/12/12 07:55 AM, sunshinedafox wrote: I don't get why "Where's Derpy" is in the top five. It's just another MLP game. Then again, that's probably because every MLP submission receives some kind of award on Newgrounds these days.
You can thank the general stupidity of the internet for all this pony garbage getting high praise.

I'm still scratching my head to how a show so girlish could get so popular on the internet.

Just... please... no more... ponies...

There needs to be a new rule for "best of the month", and it should state that "Meme's are banned from 'best of the month' for they can gain cheap rankings just by their internet trend. For FAIR choices, originality should not be discarded."


Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

redminus
redminus
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Animator
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:22 PM Reply

At 4/12/12 10:06 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/12/12 10:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/12/12 07:55 AM, sunshinedafox wrote: I don't get why "Where's Derpy" is in the top five. It's just another MLP game. Then again, that's probably because every MLP submission receives some kind of award on Newgrounds these days.
You can thank the general stupidity of the internet for all this pony garbage getting high praise.
I'm still scratching my head to how a show so girlish could get so popular on the internet.

Just... please... no more... ponies...

There needs to be a new rule for "best of the month", and it should state that "Meme's are banned from 'best of the month' for they can gain cheap rankings just by their internet trend. For FAIR choices, originality should not be discarded."

That might be alright if only MLP were a meme, and not a top-ranking syndicated kids show by a major toy company.
Speaking of the latter, yay first! THANX NG WE <3 U

Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

At 4/12/12 10:22 PM, redminus wrote:
At 4/12/12 10:06 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/12/12 10:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/12/12 07:55 AM, sunshinedafox wrote: I don't get why "Where's Derpy" is in the top five. It's just another MLP game. Then again, that's probably because every MLP submission receives some kind of award on Newgrounds these days.
You can thank the general stupidity of the internet for all this pony garbage getting high praise.
I'm still scratching my head to how a show so girlish could get so popular on the internet.

Just... please... no more... ponies...

There needs to be a new rule for "best of the month", and it should state that "Meme's are banned from 'best of the month' for they can gain cheap rankings just by their internet trend. For FAIR choices, originality should not be discarded."
That might be alright if only MLP were a meme, and not a top-ranking syndicated kids show by a major toy company.
Speaking of the latter, yay first! THANX NG WE <3 U

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...


Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

redminus
redminus
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Animator
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 11:37 PM Reply


It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Right except that both are television shows and neither are memes.

CheddarMoon
CheddarMoon
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:20 AM Reply

SWEET! 17th place! Not bad for a rookie!


BBS Signature
Eltro2kneo
Eltro2kneo
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 4/12/12 11:37 PM, redminus wrote:

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Right except that both are television shows and neither are memes.

A meme is what becomes very popular (and exploitable) on the internet (no exceptions). I don't see how something can't be a meme and a tv show at the same time.


Words do not kill people, people kill words.
You have no enemies, you are your enemy.
Eltro Mato

F1kaF11990
F1kaF11990
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 04:36 AM Reply

At 4/11/12 12:28 PM, SoapyCola wrote: Can't wait to see the new stuff people come out with.

me too


happy 2012flashfree1990

Byoubyanese
Byoubyanese
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 06:00 AM Reply

Dys4ia was a deceptively great game. I enjoyed it.


UPDATE Remember when I said "AnnonymousofCali is a terrible troll. Jus factin'" I was wrong it's a horrendous troll
#jusfactin Byou wins again, check please. Woopwoopwoopwoop

BBS Signature
crow-feet
crow-feet
  • Member since: Jan. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 14th, 2012 @ 08:56 AM Reply

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Actually its not Craig McCracken its his wife Lauren Faust, who boarded on powerpuff girls. I like Powerpuff girls, i dont like my little pony, i dont really get the brony thing as the show just doesnt seem that interesting, its nothing special to me anyway, i didnt laugh, the animation didnt stand out, ah well. Great submissions, i enjoyed traitor


BBS Signature
redminus
redminus
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Animator
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 16th, 2012 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 4/13/12 01:04 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/12/12 11:37 PM, redminus wrote:

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Right except that both are television shows and neither are memes.
A meme is what becomes very popular (and exploitable) on the internet (no exceptions). I don't see how something can't be a meme and a tv show at the same time.

It's too broad. By that definition the movie Inception is a meme, as is Titanic, or Watchmen, or the MTV's Pimp My Ride, etc.
None of those are memes in and of themselves just because parts of them are or can be exploited for use in macros and so on. For example Xibit's "Yo dawg, I heard you like...." thing is definitely a meme, but that doesn't make the entire show a meme nor does it make Xibit himself one. Especially when the things are more popular OFF the internet than ON, it's difficult to say that credit for the proliferation of such a broad category as "My Little Pony" is owed to jackasses posting macros on 4chan/tumblr/reddit rather than the multi-million-dollar media machine that produces the show, places it in a prime media slot, merchandises, promotes, etc.
If you were to narrow it down to "Bronies" on the other hand I might agree with you, except that they're kind of a plague in real life also

nickbbb
nickbbb
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Best of March 2012 Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 11:43 PM Reply

War of Web is funny. I play it everyday.


Just back from vietnam tours.