00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zhombe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of March 2012

21,579 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-12 22:35:00

At 4/12/12 10:22 PM, redminus wrote:
At 4/12/12 10:06 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/12/12 10:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/12/12 07:55 AM, sunshinedafox wrote: I don't get why "Where's Derpy" is in the top five. It's just another MLP game. Then again, that's probably because every MLP submission receives some kind of award on Newgrounds these days.
You can thank the general stupidity of the internet for all this pony garbage getting high praise.
I'm still scratching my head to how a show so girlish could get so popular on the internet.

Just... please... no more... ponies...

There needs to be a new rule for "best of the month", and it should state that "Meme's are banned from 'best of the month' for they can gain cheap rankings just by their internet trend. For FAIR choices, originality should not be discarded."
That might be alright if only MLP were a meme, and not a top-ranking syndicated kids show by a major toy company.
Speaking of the latter, yay first! THANX NG WE <3 U

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-12 23:37:05

It IS a meme. Now, in case if you didn't know, the MLP animated series was done by the guy who made PPG. No joke.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Right except that both are television shows and neither are memes.

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-13 01:20:41

SWEET! 17th place! Not bad for a rookie!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-13 13:04:27

At 4/12/12 11:37 PM, redminus wrote:

A meme is what becomes very popular (and exploitable) on the internet (no exceptions). I don't see how something can't be a meme and a tv show at the same time.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-14 04:36:22

At 4/11/12 12:28 PM, SoapyCola wrote: Can't wait to see the new stuff people come out with.

me too

يعبأ الوراء مسؤولية كل, أن أواخر القوى ضرب. أدنى أدوات تم يكن, تعد تم نقطة تغييرات. بل ذلك

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-14 06:00:45

Dys4ia was a deceptively great game. I enjoyed it.

UPDATE Remember when I said "AnnonymousofCali is a terrible troll. Jus factin'" I was wrong it's a horrendous troll

#jusfactin Byou wins again, check please. Woopwoopwoopwoop

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-14 08:56:02

Actually its not Craig McCracken its his wife Lauren Faust, who boarded on powerpuff girls. I like Powerpuff girls, i dont like my little pony, i dont really get the brony thing as the show just doesnt seem that interesting, its nothing special to me anyway, i didnt laugh, the animation didnt stand out, ah well. Great submissions, i enjoyed traitor

BBS Signature

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-16 04:57:41

At 4/13/12 01:04 PM, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 4/12/12 11:37 PM, redminus wrote:

A meme is what becomes very popular (and exploitable) on the internet (no exceptions). I don't see how something can't be a meme and a tv show at the same time.

It's too broad. By that definition the movie Inception is a meme, as is Titanic, or Watchmen, or the MTV's Pimp My Ride, etc.
None of those are memes in and of themselves just because parts of them are or can be exploited for use in macros and so on. For example Xibit's "Yo dawg, I heard you like...." thing is definitely a meme, but that doesn't make the entire show a meme nor does it make Xibit himself one. Especially when the things are more popular OFF the internet than ON, it's difficult to say that credit for the proliferation of such a broad category as "My Little Pony" is owed to jackasses posting macros on 4chan/tumblr/reddit rather than the multi-million-dollar media machine that produces the show, places it in a prime media slot, merchandises, promotes, etc.
If you were to narrow it down to "Bronies" on the other hand I might agree with you, except that they're kind of a plague in real life also

Response to Best of March 2012 2012-04-18 23:43:16

War of Web is funny. I play it everyday.

Just back from vietnam tours.