00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BLU3C4N4RY just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sad News

59,471 Views | 468 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 11:37:17

At 5/16/04 03:30 AM, LeatherQueen wrote:
At 5/15/04 07:57 AM, Chriz2cool wrote: if you don't care, please. don't post. some of his friends read this thread, and your just making it worse for them, including me.
Along this vein I need to act quickly. If you haven't already, don't view Dan Mercurios "How Zach Finley Died"!!! It is malicious and mean and redifines the term insensitive-add expletive-. Just take my word for it as it'll only piss you off.

Uh, sorry, but what is that about? I guess I didn't read it, and I'm assuming I'll be happy I didn't. But what happened?

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 13:08:51

At 5/13/04 12:18 PM, android8 wrote: the good die young im sure zach was a stand up guy but uv just gotta realiese hes in a better place now i dont want this too sound cold but we should all move on zachs death was unfortunate but let him rest in peace

Dude that was the most stupid thing you could have said. Who knows if he's in a better place? People don't like to hear that stupid sh*t when someone just died, it's a little more difficult than that. Just keep your comments to yourself you dumbass.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 14:17:24

ok...

I think this flash should stay on Ng.. But for it to get just such a high rating is well not good.

Anyways I think this is an amazing idea. All the newgrounds users here are a community. Whether we like it or not. So we should all have a little mourning here for Zach.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 15:25:44

Well, let me be about the 1000th person to say that while I have never once heard of the guy, it is sad that he died. All of which has got me to wondering. Is he just a special case? Or would NG set up a tribute for any member who's been around for some time. For example. If I died, would there be a front page post and movie made by a respectful author made for me? If so, what a great place NG truely is.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 18:01:08

At 5/13/04 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: I have some sad news today... One of our long-time users, Zach Finley, has died in a car crash at age 17. Zach was known to many friends as Cerealbox Clock.

Dan Paladin (Synj / SynjClock) has put together a tribute to Zach.

Poor Zach... I really dont know him but i think he knows that everybody will miss him. hope he can rest in peace

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 19:36:41

At 5/13/04 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: I have some sad news today... One of our long-time users, Zach Finley, has died in a car crash at age 17. Zach was known to many friends as Cerealbox Clock.

that realy sux about him dying and im sry to all his friends and family

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 20:12:29

that sucks

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 21:14:00

At 5/15/04 03:10 PM, deathofself wrote:
At 5/15/04 02:31 PM, Evaner29 wrote:
At 5/15/04 04:17 AM, BurningExcel wrote: U ASS HOLE!! YOURE A FUCKING JERK!!!! U DONT DESERVE TO PUT DOWN THIS... ect.
shut your fucking mouth, Cdplyas right, everything is powered by chemicals in out body that mix and make up all emotions. There is nothing higher that makes us love people or hate people, its all to do with chemicals you asses... blah blah blah.
Riddle me this, Batman.
Have you ever taken a chemistry class?
If you have, then you know that when the same chemicals mix in the same situation, the same thing happens. Over and over and over.

Explain "opinions." Same situation, same chemicals in people, different results.

Explain Life in general. You preach your scienctific views, and yet you seem to forget one of the most elemental rules of science.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed. So how the hell did we show up here? Something higher than our feeble minds can grasp made this nice blue ball we all stand on, created life from molten rock and boiling water.

Explain this

You see, Nothing was said of any of this, yet you bring it up, your starting your own argument over a set of facts that no one ever commented on, i mean it was a post, did anyone say anything about the works of matter? I mean jesus, i think everyone here has taken freshmen science

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 21:37:57

This is really to bad. Although I din't know him. The majority of people that posted are respectful. But, for the others: Do onto others as you'd have done to you! The dead deserve their repect!

R.I.P.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 22:00:12

Wow, I can't wait to see the look on Zach's face when he sees this.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 22:13:10

Dude, that isn't right he is dead. There are news links that show the crash. I doubt there would be a huge conspiracy. Show some respect.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-16 22:21:24

Though I have never met or talked to Zach, I have seen some of his work. I really feel sad about his death, though I have never known him. I know what it is like to loose someone I know, and the feeling is so sad. To die so young... Really is a loss. May you find heaven.

~Lone

Sad News

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 00:07:59

At 5/16/04 09:37 PM, Kramarica wrote: This is really to bad. Although I din't know him. The majority of people that posted are respectful. But, for the others: Do onto others as you'd have done to you! The dead deserve their repect!

R.I.P.

Hate that stupid rule. "Respect the dead". I don't respect Zach because he's dead. Nobody should. If anyone is going to repect him, it such be for any other reason...except for being dead. Because really, you respect qualities of people that you wish you had right?( Nice, funny, honest, etc. ) Do you wish you were dead?

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 04:15:37

Just like every other NG user who've "died" in the past, I can assure he'll be back in a week or two with some story about how he magically rose from the grave and that he didn't just fake his death for attention.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 15:17:39

R.I.P. Ricky Titus

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 15:36:44

That sucks. The tribute was awesome though. He'll be remembered

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 20:25:42

man that sounds bad.....

Sad News

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 21:31:59

At 5/17/04 04:15 AM, SHAYESTJOHN wrote: I can assure he'll be back in a week or two with some story about how he magically rose from the grave and that he didn't just fake his death for attention.

disrespectful... for shame...

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 21:41:03

ok ok i want to put some input, im so sad that he had to go but really ask your self, in this world do we really want to live with all this chaos.....really every one who dies lives better then they are on this forsakin world but that only thing worth wild about this world is love, friends, and the clock crew :) , but im happy he is passed on becasue this world will want to make u die. so dung

good bye

and

good luck

~halo~

Response to Sad News 2004-05-17 21:43:46

At 5/17/04 09:31 PM, j00bie wrote:
At 5/17/04 04:15 AM, SHAYESTJOHN wrote: I can assure he'll be back in a week or two with some story about how he magically rose from the grave and that he didn't just fake his death for attention.

there was a news report about it......people die. no ones like tu pac

now show your repeact

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 07:55:27

Sorry to hear about Zach. I don't know him personally but he had some cool flashes, and I'm sure he was a great guy to have so many replies to this post, as well as a flash tribute. Rest in peace

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 16:42:24

Why ? Tell me why ? Like a candle in the wind.....

['] ['] [']

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 17:43:20

Dude that sucks. My brother had a friend back in england who shot himself in the head for no reason but that realy sucks. oh ye i have a friend whos username on here is Mr.Lobster and he doesnt belive that u made this site.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 20:12:55

I am sad for all friends and family i dont like clocks but it does make me mad when some one does not repect the dead welll gtg

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 20:42:12

:( I knew zach. We talked some times on msn. His site was awesome: www.thecerealkiller.com and he had big thing's planned. Sad it had to end like this. His sister died as well in the car crash a short time after. Vey sad. If you knew zach you may E-mail Dan Fleming. (E-mail is at the bottom of Zach's site) and you may leave a comment on his home page like many others. Well, Adios.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-18 20:44:18

R.I.P.

Never knew the guy, but whatever.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-19 05:51:09

my regards.

But its nice to know that people take the time for this kind of thing.
Its nice to be remembered when you die.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-19 07:34:36

I feel really sorry for his family and friends. Dying at the age of 17 is really sicking. god bless there family.

Response to Sad News 2004-05-19 23:19:22

*pays respect*

Response to Sad News 2004-05-20 00:58:46

damn, man, well may god be with him, it hurts to lose one of our own,