00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best concert you've been to?

3,203 Views | 54 Replies

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 17:19:33

Godspeed You! Black Emperor for just amazing music, or Kvelertak for pure energy and fun.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 17:31:56

Peter Murphy puts on a great show.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 20:32:03

At 16 hours ago, SKHM wrote: isis x tool was pretty cool

melvins too

three super awesome bands right there.

At 5 hours ago, Tobi wrote: The best concert I went to was probably Suffocation (with some local bands). Equal or second was the Tony Levin Stickmen band (Stravinsky on the Chapman :O), who also played with Adrian Belew, and came together to do some King Crimson.

I would love to see Tony Levin, but I'd commit horrible crimes to be able to see King Crimson.

At 5 hours ago, yurgenburgen wrote: I hear he even presses the play button at one point.

I dunno about Skrillex, but some DJs do more than you might think live.

At 3 hours ago, JaY11 wrote: Godspeed You! Black Emperor for just amazing music, or Kvelertak for pure energy and fun.

John Baizley did album art for Kvelertak, so they can't be that bad. I've never heard them, though. I can't imagine what Godspeed would be like live.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 20:44:39

Mastodon at the aragon ball room. shit was nuts.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 20:47:17

At 2 minutes ago, Gein wrote: Mastodon at the aragon ball room. shit was nuts.

I totally missed them in NYC.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 22:17:54

At 7 hours ago, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, JebbaL wrote: I really wanna goto a Skrillex concert, though. I bet those things get out of control hahaha
I hear he even presses the play button at one point.

Hahaha ehh who gives a fuuuck. As long as the music's loud and he's entertaining I'm down for it!

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 22:30:57

The best concert I ever went to was one I actually performed in. I was the opening band for a HUGE local band at the grand opening of a new venue. Shit was amazing. Groupies and all.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 23:06:17

two come to mind off the dome.

1. Girl Talk - New Years Eve at the Congress Theatre in Chicago

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 23:08:13

At A few seconds ago, bigbadron wrote: two come to mind off the dome.

1. Girl Talk - New Years Eve at the Congress Theatre in Chicago

and 2. Lightning Bolt - at the Logan Square Monument

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-15 23:33:35

In terms of big names off the top of my head Counting Crows, Googoo Dolls, Dave Matthews Band, Dir en Grey, Alien Ant Farm as part of a fest, and The Killers were all great.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 00:43:58

Weird Al.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 19:17:13

At 20 hours ago, bigbadron wrote: and 2. Lightning Bolt - at the Logan Square Monument

Lightning Bolt rocks. I have two of their albums. Have you looked up the setup Brian Gibson has? very unique and damn, that wattage!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 19:22:13

At 22 hours ago, ZeroAsALimit wrote: White Noise is my fav SLF song. =3

Got them banned from playing Newcastle for years because someone didn't get the sarcasm, apparently.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 19:47:48

Ozzy with Slash opening for him back in January of 2011.
The entire Sprint Center was hotboxed, no joke.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 19:53:15

I don't go to alot of concert/festivals but i went to one by the name of GoodLife last week with some mates and that was pretty fun. Mostly mainstream crap but we were just raving at the club stage whenever somebody we knew came on. MaRLo and Kid Kaos were the best acts out of everybody else, got my picture taken with Kid Kaos and MaRLo which was a bonus.

This year is going to hopefully be massive for me when it comes to festivals and we already have another lined up for us in the next month or so.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 20:01:34

I remember being outside of a Metallica concert once. That was LOUD.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 20:21:05

Motorhead at the house of blues last year

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 20:34:21

I've never been to a concert and have no desire to.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 20:45:44

At 1 hour ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Lightning Bolt rocks. I have two of their albums. Have you looked up the setup Brian Gibson has? very unique and damn, that wattage!

i was right in front of them when they started. the constant push from the crowd, and the concrete steps that were at my shins sent me back. then i saw my girlfriend on stage left. joined her up there and enjoyed the rest of the show minus all the crowd. it was awesome.

that was the second time i saw them. the first was Pitchfork earlier that summer, then last year at the Logan Square Auditorium. the Monument show was the best though. their sound outdoors is fucking amazing.

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 20:51:19

Hmmmmmmmmm.
So many...
But the last when I went to was U2 360 Tour, it was pretty awesome so I guess it was this one.

NEVER AGAIN...

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-16 23:14:13

I think the one that would top them all would be Beck at Pop Montreal in 2005.

First of all, the opening act was the first gig ever for Islands (formed from ex-members of The Unicorns) which was incredibly awesome in itself.

But the actual show was amazing. That guy knows how to pull off theatrics brilliantly. I remember one part of the set in particular where he was playing his acoustic stuff from Sea Change alone on stage. Then, all of the sudden, his band comes back on stage, sit at a table and start eating. It was kind of a wtf moment, until, at the very end of Beck's acoustic set, they start accompanying him by playing with the glasses, utensils and plates. If you have never seen Beck live, it's well worth the price of admission...

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-17 13:11:30

At 13 hours ago, Gambit wrote:
At 15 minutes ago, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I think the one that would top them all would be Beck at Pop Montreal in 2005.
Was Bender there?

Yes, but I left 12 minutes in his 40 minutes washboard solo...

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-17 13:19:34

Pretty much all Primus concerts I've been to.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-17 14:04:50

I haven't been to any major concerts with a major band yet but i've seen some culture bands playing in my library and stuff. But my dad has seen lots of concerts like:
Eagles The Farewell Tour
Rammstein

And he would like to see Kraftwerk Live.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Best concert you've been to? 2012-03-17 19:11:23

At 22 hours ago, bigbadron wrote: that was the second time i saw them. the first was Pitchfork earlier that summer, then last year at the Logan Square Auditorium. the Monument show was the best though. their sound outdoors is fucking amazing.

Did you know that Brian Gibson had his 4 string bass tuned to fifths and that the A was replaced with a banjo string? And his newer setup is a 5 string with banjo strings for the A and E. Man, that dude has such a unique sound. I wish I knew more noise rock that's as awesome as Lightning Bolt. All I know is Hella and Big Black. And I've heard a little Jesus Lizard.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature