00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners

19,298 Views | 63 Replies
Respond to this Topic

GOOD NEWS:

You may need to clear your cache but the voting notifications are now back in place! You will see your voting power, B+P bonus, countdown and a deposit notification.

The new thumbnail info is also up and running as of yesterday - what do you think? It shows author info on the front page and scores everywhere else. Some of the genres overlap the content rating... We're still pondering the best solution there.

BAD NEWS:

Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens. There is still a game coming out Friday that will be a big hit so show up for that!

CONTEST NEWS:

Aigis has announced the winners of Comic Jam 2!

1st Place - RAIN, by Deathink

2nd Place: The Farm, by MiddleFingerRings

3rd Place: Rain, by LuckyDesign - Link

Thank you everyone who participated and congrats to the winners!

You can help Kried win a film making competition by voting for The Safety Gnome! Check out the films in the competition then submit your vote via the list at the bottom of that page.

I should really be reminding people that we ARE doing Pico Day this year on April 28th. I need to sort out what the prizes will be, they might be kinda low-key this year.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 16:54:38

At 1 minute ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

You may need to clear your cache but the voting notifications are now back in place! You will see your voting power, B+P bonus, countdown and a deposit notification.

Noticed this a few minutes ago. This makes me happy.

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:01:40

Those Comic Jam entries are awesome.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:01:46

HOLY CRAP third place :D And only had 1.5 days to do it (after wok) THANKS TOM AND JUDGES!:D

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:02:17

I still can't vote on anything when I'm using Google Chrome. Cleared cache twice and stuff.

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:03:48

Holy nicompoop, the post looked REALLY weird in my RSS reader (Google Reader). Fix it?

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings."

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:06:51

If people want to see the rest of the Comic Jam entries, you can find them here:

Comic Jam 2 Submissions

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:07:30

At 12 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

FUCK YES! THANK YOU, TOM

BAD NEWS:

Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens. There is still a game coming out Friday that will be a big hit so show up for that!

Dammit, the game you postponed better be good and the game replacing it better be awesome. >:(

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:09:55

Congrats to the winners of the comic jam

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:24:27

At 15 minutes ago, TheRainbowZilla wrote: Dammit, the game you postponed better be good and the game replacing it better be awesome. >:(

It wasn't a game that was postponed - the game launching tomorrow was always scheduled for tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:25:01

At 10 minutes ago, MikeyS9607 wrote: Not sure if noted, but the links you posted all have zero stars :C.

My only real request though is for the ability to delete flashes and projects again, but keep up the good work!

The stars are in the bug list. And un-publish / delete is coming.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:26:31

I VOTED! Now, where's my pin that lets everybody know I did?

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:29:19

That was kind of inconvenient so good to see it's been resolved.

Looking forward to the surprise, whatever it may be.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:32:48

At 40 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

Could you check your PMs tom? :o

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:34:13

Cool.

I'm still finished depositing.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:34:36

At 40 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

:: Saw that, great work! :

The new thumbnail info is also up and running as of yesterday - what do you think? It shows author info on the front page and scores everywhere else. Some of the genres overlap the content rating... We're still pondering the best solution there.

:: Saw that too, great work yet again! :

BAD NEWS:

:: It's probably not related anything with Madness series right? Beacuse I'm waiting for a game there, which was promised to be released a few days ago, but bugs won't allow them to finish it. :

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:52:42

What game?

Pico 2?

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:57:38

I wish I could've partaken in this ravishing event... but nonetheless, hats off to the winners!

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 17:58:41

BAD NEWS:

Oh Tom, you and your anticipation antics.

I should really be reminding people that we ARE doing Pico Day this year on April 28th. I need to sort out what the prizes will be, they might be kinda low-key this year.

When will you guys announce the Tank Award Nominees?

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:00:53

When is the levels page going to be updated to show all the new icons?

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:02:35

At 1 hour ago, TomFulp wrote: BAD NEWS:

Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens.

had to take a few more naked pics to fill out the set?

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:05:23

At 1 minute ago, bigbadron wrote:

Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens.
had to take a few more naked pics to fill out the set?

Holy shit, you're alive!

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:12:40

Well done DeathInk and LuckyDesign, and everyone else who entered. That was the most fun competition I've entered on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:17:36

At 3 minutes ago, MiddleFingerRings wrote: Well done DeathInk and LuckyDesign, and everyone else who entered. That was the most fun competition I've entered on NG.

Got my name changed to Lucky now :3 I loved your comic too bro great job!

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:22:56

It was the chat, wasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:42:46

I noticed you changed the calendar format so that it's now a simple list instead of actually resembling a calendar. Is it possible to add more spots to it now? So that people might know of events even farther ahead of time? Maybe 6 or 8 instead of 4?

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:42:53

At 1 hour ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At A few seconds ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

YES!

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 18:56:37

please tell me the surprise is changing the backgrounds.

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 19:12:59

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

I really love the new thumbs, the whole square layout look pretty neat and I am glad the short descriptions are back.

Talking about scores everywhere else, I noticed I could see the star rating for a submission that is still under judgement when I visit the user's profile and look at the latest game / movie section.

BAD NEWS:

Surprise surprises are more surprising than announced surprises anyway.

CONTEST NEWS:

Aigis has announced the winners of Comic Jam 2!

Great news, congrats to the winners! Gotta check all the submissions out as soon as I have enough time.

As long as it's still called Pico Day I am fine. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners 2012-02-23 19:26:14

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:

Yay my 15.29 Voting Power is back! :D

Looks great Tom! Thanks much for the adding on :)

Oh well hopefully the game is as good as Abobo's Big Adventure was.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature