• 69 Replies
Respond to this Topic
Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At A few seconds ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

You may need to clear your cache but the voting notifications are now back in place! You will see your voting power, B+P bonus, countdown and a deposit notification.

YES!

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

please tell me the surprise is changing the backgrounds.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

The new thumbnail info is also up and running as of yesterday - what do you think? It shows author info on the front page and scores everywhere else. Some of the genres overlap the content rating... We're still pondering the best solution there.

I really love the new thumbs, the whole square layout look pretty neat and I am glad the short descriptions are back.

Talking about scores everywhere else, I noticed I could see the star rating for a submission that is still under judgement when I visit the user's profile and look at the latest game / movie section.

BAD NEWS:
Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens. There is still a game coming out Friday that will be a big hit so show up for that!

Surprise surprises are more surprising than announced surprises anyway.

CONTEST NEWS:

Aigis has announced the winners of Comic Jam 2!

Great news, congrats to the winners! Gotta check all the submissions out as soon as I have enough time.

I should really be reminding people that we ARE doing Pico Day this year on April 28th. I need to sort out what the prizes will be, they might be kinda low-key this year.

As long as it's still called Pico Day I am fine. :P

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, TomFulp wrote:
You may need to clear your cache but the voting notifications are now back in place! You will see your voting power, B+P bonus, countdown and a deposit notification.

Yay my 15.29 Voting Power is back! :D

The new thumbnail info is also up and running as of yesterday - what do you think? It shows author info on the front page and scores everywhere else. Some of the genres overlap the content rating... We're still pondering the best solution there.

Looks great Tom! Thanks much for the adding on :)

Remember how I said we have a surprise coming on Friday? It's being postponed for a short bit, we'll just surprise you when it happens. There is still a game coming out Friday that will be a big hit so show up for that!

Oh well hopefully the game is as good as Abobo's Big Adventure was.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Kreid
Kreid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

You can help Kried win a film making competition by voting for The Safety Gnome! Check out the films in the competition then submit your vote via the list at the bottom of that page.

Thanks man, appreciate the help, and thanks to everyone who liked it on Newgrounds!

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks guys, I really worked my ass off on this project! Thanks to Thomas for writing the story for me. I am very glad MiddleFingerRings story got 2nd place, while there were a lot of good entries his was definitely one of the best!
P.S. some of the very best stories I have ever read where comics, there is a world of comics hidden out there that will completely blow your mind, not just tarts in spandex. (although some spandex tarts are good too :P)

The new updates are GREAT! The new thumbnail dynamic link thing is pretty cool. And I am really glad the titles are back, I mean I agree the large icons look real great "INTERNET OF THE FUTURE" for sure, but I just like it this way better!

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until comic jam #3

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Lucky wrote: Got my name changed to Lucky now

About fucking time.

Anyway, nice to see the comic jam winners. I most definitely agree that all the top three winning entries should be there. 'twas fun fucking around in that competition.

Also really like the new author rollover screens. It's like viewing a rollover with information, which is useful, and neat. Fuckin' a.

A good thing that Pico day's continuing. It's just occurred to me that the current piece I'm working on would be great as a submission for the day, but eh, I'll just cook up another one then.

Alliteration.

dx5231
dx5231
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

So, are you planning on adding back that notification saying how much did your vote change on the submission score?

BBS Signature
BSTHEDOG
BSTHEDOG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Hmm... Tom is changing his icon like every update lol

SevenSeize
SevenSeize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

Just voted and it worked awesomely.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 48 minutes ago, dx5231 wrote: So, are you planning on adding back that notification saying how much did your vote change on the submission score?

Yes.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Congrats to the winners!

someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: You may need to clear your cache but the voting notifications are now back in place! You will see your voting power, B+P bonus, countdown and a deposit notification.

Yay! I was wondering why that disappeared.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

ZagmenO
ZagmenO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Da surprise is dat dar iz no surprise herp derp

I laugh at your sigs!

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, liljim wrote:
At 48 minutes ago, dx5231 wrote: So, are you planning on adding back that notification saying how much did your vote change on the submission score?
Yes.

I like the sound of that!

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
COOPERsPLANET
COOPERsPLANET
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:58 PM Reply

Number scoring on the hovers would be very nice, and especially on the classic portal as well.

R1665
R1665
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Most excellent. I had been wondering about this issue since the redesign and I'm glad to see this feature come back.

I do have a request of my own in case nobody else has mentioned it...

With the old format, I could go to the summary screen for all of my flash movies and see whether or not any new reviews had been left on them. Right now, unless I'm missing something, I have to go to each movie individually to see any new reviews. Can we bring the new review notification back to the movie summary page or perhaps have review notifications show up in the inbox or something?

R1665

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:35 AM Reply

I'm hoping the surprise is the notification system which notifies you of responses to reviews and posts of yours, of any new reviews on your submissions, and so on...

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Kinsei01 wrote: Congrats to the winners of the comic jam

Yes congrats, NG contest winners get trophies no?

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

Cool cool. Any chance of you guys giving us an option to turn off that *BLIP* sound when we open up a new window for a submission? I'd really love to see that or the sound going away.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
MagicMichael66
MagicMichael66
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Programmer
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 04:22 AM Reply

Good! Loled at the comic.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 05:25 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, R1665 wrote: With the old format, I could go to the summary screen for all of my flash movies and see whether or not any new reviews had been left on them. Right now, unless I'm missing something, I have to go to each movie individually to see any new reviews. Can we bring the new review notification back to the movie summary page or perhaps have review notifications show up in the inbox or something?

The review notifications will be getting addressed! Feed updates are high up on the list. Sorry for the downtime on those.

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 05:58 AM Reply

At 13 hours ago, TomFulp wrote: GOOD NEWS:

Awesome!

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM Reply

At 32 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: The review notifications will be getting addressed! Feed updates are high up on the list. Sorry for the downtime on those.

The feed has turned out to be one of my favourite features of the redesign. A quick question - is there any chance in the future that we'll be able to adjust the amount of updates the feed bar displays at any one time? Or that it'll be able to indicate (perhaps by greying out) feed updates already visited?

slightly worried about people realising that I reply to their reviews with dumb jokes
smbzfan2
smbzfan2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

Surprise = revamped secrets system.

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 07:37 AM Reply

Congrats to everyone especially lucky ;)

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
EternalCombustion
EternalCombustion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 11:46 AM Reply

I think the suprise is Pico 2.

Newgrounds Forever! / Comment my userpage, bitch! / Add me as fan :3

BBS Signature
EternalCombustion
EternalCombustion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

• New York Shark
    New York Shark by Wiesi

Big Apple vs Big Shark, only one obvious winner.

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

OMG!! New Your Shark is the suprise!

Newgrounds Forever! / Comment my userpage, bitch! / Add me as fan :3

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM Reply

I almost thought one deposit was missed while I away but then I saw the deposit message and was like ":D" Many thanks for fixing the deposit messages!

[ BBS / Chat / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Voting, Surprise, Comic Jam Winners Feb. 24th, 2012 @ 12:35 PM Reply

I like the way that thumbnails are now shown for flash an other things with the score and info, looks good, but there is still a bug with the Deity whistle being shown as Gold, lol.