00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KokoroHatsaru just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Medals bug FIXED and other bugs.

28,421 Views | 112 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 01:32:54

Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 04:33:11

At 2 hours ago, Captain-Ben wrote: Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

That existed? OH GOD I'M SO UNOBSERVANT.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 06:51:06

At 2 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: That existed? OH GOD I'M SO UNOBSERVANT.

your not the only one O-O

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 09:20:23

At 17 hours ago, RicePirate wrote: Also, have you noticed a difference in the rev stream with the redesign yet?

Contributor revenue is up due to better ad placement on content and user pages but site revenue is down. Ditching the page skins has hurt and people apparently responded better to the 300x250 ads on the old Game and Movie hubs, where they had character art above them which possibly drew more attention to the space. We're gonna have to reconsider running some page skin ads but I want to to develop better ways to cover the budget vs slapping up more ads.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 09:23:55

At 13 hours ago, close-sex-encounters wrote: I understand that these may not exactly be bugs themselves, but a few things to point out. You can no longer search for Audio Portal users using the search bar at the top of the window and it's very finicky when it comes to song titles. Also, scores are no longer shown when browsing genres even when sorted by score.

We'll need to revisit having an author search, I picture something that just turns up user page links vs content by that author.

I'm seeing the scores when I browse genres - try clearing your cache in case that's the issue.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 10:03:11

At 8 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page. This may be a personal issue, but I have a hard time focusing on one thing at once. A lot of things are fighting for my attention as soon as I hit the homepage on top of the fact that the background art seems to blend things together with the color choice. It's nice art, but I feel something that would separate it from the actual content might make it easier to focus on the featured stuff.

I mentioned the fundraiser in there!

Stamper has been working at a new version of the feature box, to hopefully make everything POP better.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 10:03:41

At 8 hours ago, Captain-Ben wrote: Any chance on being able to have some sort of arrow button to scroll through art pieces in the art portal like before? Major pain to have to keep clicking back to go back to the main art page every time instead of just clicking "next piece." Especially from a modding standpoint.

Yeah this wasn't intended to be left out so it needs to be revisited.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 10:39:09

heya tom,jus wondering,i know the bug i told ya about has been reported,but i was wondering if it is fixed yet.also im not entirely sure,but the website keeps giving me a hiccup by not displaying any backgrounds or content.it just gives links.if ya remember,im using windos vista and the latest firefox update. as for my project things are looking up well.i still need the fileshare up and going if im to complete the project.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 10:50:54

At 45 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote:
At 8 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page. This may be a personal issue, but I have a hard time focusing on one thing at once. A lot of things are fighting for my attention as soon as I hit the homepage on top of the fact that the background art seems to blend things together with the color choice. It's nice art, but I feel something that would separate it from the actual content might make it easier to focus on the featured stuff.
I mentioned the fundraiser in there!

Stamper has been working at a new version of the feature box, to hopefully make everything POP better.

I know! I'm just being an attention whore. haha

Also, am I seeing things or did the gray in between the sections just show up or have they always been there?

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 10:53:05

At 8 minutes ago, palagriz wrote: heya tom,jus wondering,i know the bug i told ya about has been reported,but i was wondering if it is fixed yet.also im not entirely sure,but the website keeps giving me a hiccup by not displaying any backgrounds or content.

This is my problem too. Like this, right?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 11:16:08

Here's a little suggestion...

When you click on the 'Link' button once in a post to add a link to a label, and then use it again, the second time round, the first link you used remains in the URL box so you have to highlight it all and replace it with a new link.

To fix this, why not automatically make anything in the URL box highlighted? That way, when you paste the link in the box, it overrides the link there is.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 12:46:21

At 11 hours ago, JaShinYa wrote: HOW BOUT THAT VOICE ACTING RADIO FUNDRAISER?!?!?!?! Ahem...

Also, a little bit ago you mentioned that people were complaining about not really being drawn to the featured window at the top of the home page.

I totally agree too; It's a shame cause it does look cool, but for a while I just thought it was advertisements. Maybe get rid of that bar on it, and have different effect other than the static.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 12:54:29

At 1 hour ago, bilalz wrote: i don't like the new calender on the front page, it's less calender-ish.

It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 14:04:47

Hey, I've noticed that you've also fixed the bug where you go to click on a medal on someone else's page and instead of taking you to the actual game, it just takes you to the list of medals. I believe that has been fixed, as I tried it on your own profile. The only thing I wish you could now do is see the top rated things of all time as well as the bottom rated. I don't know if you'll fix that, or if that's something you wanted to change.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 14:26:12

At 1 hour ago, Mattster wrote:
At 1 hour ago, bilalz wrote: i don't like the new calender on the front page, it's less calender-ish.
It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.

...and just like that, they changed it. Looks good the new way. Do you plan on doing more with the actual calendar itself?!

color coded

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 15:36:20

At 1 hour ago, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Mattster wrote: It's not a calendar, just a list of upcoming events, which comes from the calendar.
...and just like that, they changed it. Looks good the new way. Do you plan on doing more with the actual calendar itself?!
color coded

Ooo, that looks good! Seeing as each section of the site is color coded, I think that would work well.

I hope they do more with the calendar, it could be so much more :3

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 15:58:22

Umm Tom not to be a pain in the ass but when I added any game,movie,ect. to my favorites list it game to a html and when i reloaded the page it said "Are you sure your from Newgrounds.com" and when I tried to vote the Pico faces dont even move or say the # i clicked.Please fixed this Tom either my laptop is not working right or its the other bugs you said.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-23 19:19:21

At 3 hours ago, BankaiHollowIchigo wrote: Umm Tom not to be a pain in the ass but when I added any game,movie,ect. to my favorites list it game to a html and when i reloaded the page it said "Are you sure your from Newgrounds.com"

That isn't a glitch I think.Or maybe it is.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-24 00:25:30

Any idea when we can delete audio tracks we made?

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-28 19:48:08

Tom, how about this bug:

October, November, December, February, January...
Something's weird here!

Hi, you! You're awesome, probably! <3 Have a great day!

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-29 18:43:42

At 22 hours ago, zanzlanz wrote: Tom, how about this bug:

October, November, December, February, January...
Something's weird here!

Wow, that's some messed up month order. And it happens to fuck up only on the 2012 months.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-03-17 18:12:36

At 3 weeks ago, BankaiHollowIchigo wrote: Umm Tom not to be a pain in the ass but when I added any game,movie,ect. to my favorites list it game to a html and when i reloaded the page it said "Are you sure your from Newgrounds.com" and when I tried to vote the Pico faces dont even move or say the # i clicked.Please fixed this Tom either my laptop is not working right or its the other bugs you said.

The "Are you sure you're from Newgrounds.com" bug is due to the fact that you're using https. Go to your URL and type in http://www.newgrounds.com instead of https://www.newgrounds.com

The voting problem I never experienced, so it might be you. I don't know how to fix it other than you clearing your cache or temporarily disabling cookies.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-03-30 12:25:10

Hey, I found a bug: you can't rate reviews as good/bad/abusive if you're on someone's "game reviews" (or other type of reviews) page. If you go to someone's profile and click on the Reviews link, where you get their three most recent reviews of each type, you can rate the reviews on that page, but if you click to see more of their reviews of a specific type you won't be able to rate them.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup