00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

3lation just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Medals bug FIXED and other bugs.

28,393 Views | 112 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:29:23

If you start playing a game after this post and run into any issues with unlocking medals, let me know! We had a bug where sessions were timing out prematurely but that bug is now FIXED. Sorry to everyone who put in time on epic games like Memohuntress and Cubeture 2, only to have your later medals not register. Thanks for putting up with us during this post-launch period. As far as we know, there shouldn't be any bugs with earning medals now.

The bug list is still long but I wanted to make note of a few that keep coming up, so you know they are on our radar:

1) Notifications of how many votes remain to log your exp.
2) Notification that your exp has been logged. It currently IS being logged without giving notice.
3) Blam & Protect points as part of your voting power.
4) Badges for your B+P status on your userpage.
5) Trophy page including co-authored works.

We have 71 bugs remaining, most of them not very severe and some pretty trivial. 100 bugs have been closed out since launch. Update: Whoops it was 100 results per page. 160 bugs have been closed.

The new presentation for content thumbnails MIGHT launch tonight, although some data may be missing temporarily; otherwise expect it later this week. Title and author will be visible on the front page, with title and score everywhere else. Rollover info will include description, content rating and genre.

Under this post I've included another mockup, for content credits. It's all the same info that is available now but condensed to bring the date and trophies higher up and above Related Stuff. Author thumbnails are smaller but with the wider space we've moved the PM and Favorite links to the right, making everything more easily clickable than before.

In other news...

This Friday at 10pm EST, check out this Livestream for a Voice Actors Radio fundraiser event. 100% of the proceeds will be going to make the show better and to provide more interactive and useful resources for voice actors of all levels. During the stream there will be contests, giveaways, trivia, perks for donating, live shows, skits, music and more! This isn't the Friday surprise I was talking about last week, but another fun thing to look forward to.

Here's that mockup (sorry the entire Ace Pilot crew isn't included):

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:30:43

Finally!

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:31:30

Hard at work I see, good job guys.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:33:02

Keep on truckin' You guize are doing awesome!

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:34:27

It's good to read that many bugs have been fixed. Keep up the good work guys.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:37:36

Yay, finally! Thanks a lot. I already started to notice the connection getting better a few hours ago, glad to hear it's completely fixed now.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:37:38

Awesome.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:43:23

Yay! I can't wait for the EXP deposit notifications to be back! ^_^

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:45:35

At 13 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: 4) Badges for your B+P status on your userpage.

Don't we already have BP badges next to our exp level and whistle level in the 'user statshot' tab of our userpages? Or does this mean there are new icons not yet implemented?

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:47:26

At 29 seconds ago, STEM wrote: Don't we already have BP badges next to our exp level and whistle level in the 'user statshot' tab of our userpages? Or does this mean there are new icons not yet implemented?

There's a bug with not showing the correct icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:48:00

<<<< Hung over
P.S. Necronomicon level icon?! Bad ass!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 16:50:57

I haven't been able to find the text search in the audio portal since the update. Is there one? If so, please help me find it. If not, I feel that it should be added because you can no longer look for something as specific as, say, remixes of a video game's soundtrack or songs that are associated around a theme such as a holiday.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:00:55

Good to see all this progress and feedback consideration from the redesign. I have to say, if there's one thing I miss, it was being able to see the author's list of works in the drop-down menu. But I think you've got 71 problems that deserve more interest. Maybe some day, you guys will get the time to playtest some games again...

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:07:35

At 14 minutes ago, TheEntertainer wrote: I haven't been able to find the text search in the audio portal since the update. Is there one? If so, please help me find it. If not, I feel that it should be added because you can no longer look for something as specific as, say, remixes of a video game's soundtrack or songs that are associated around a theme such as a holiday.

The audio search in the header should be identical to the old Audio search - just toggle the dropdown to Audio before searching, or do it from the Audio Portal where it defaults to Audio.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:10:23

By the way Tom, my dump have a bug which is always resizing a flash swf to 640 x 480 pixels, so you can see everything outside the stage dimensions and it is really annoying.

Look at the picture below, you can see all the white background outside the screen.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:10:58

Although it's not the biggest bug, Dumping Grounds has been malfunctioning lately in terms of resolution (automatically gives you a 550 x 400, or larger.) Could you guys perhaps fix that? It only started happening over the weekend.

Good job, though.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:13:09

Good lord, yes! Now I can finally get to work on my medal collection.

Luck exists in the leftovers.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:14:26

At 40 minutes ago, TomFulp wrote: If you start playing a game after this post and run into any issues with unlocking medals, let me know!

Didn't get the medal "Emblem 2" for Memohuntress. Tried it multiple times with Chrome and Firefox. I like this game but it makes me sad that I don't get the medals or only with a small chance. Getting the medal for the first emblem worked, though. I am not motivated to try the later levels.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:15:07

Really looking forward to exp notifications. Keep up the good work Newgrounds team.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:26:13

Really liking the new credit sidebar mockup. One question though, how come the audio portal credits only show the name of the song? The audio portal has a really nice compact info box for movies/games that use a song, its kind of weird that the love doesn't go both ways.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:27:44

when can we change the background? some of us can't have blonde tits hanging out at work. at least letting us preference what NG backgrounds we can have on what pages (like P-bot on BBS). would be nice so I don't have to explain this to my supervisor at work!

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:32:49

At 4 minutes ago, Rhete wrote: Really liking the new credit sidebar mockup. One question though, how come the audio portal credits only show the name of the song? The audio portal has a really nice compact info box for movies/games that use a song, its kind of weird that the love doesn't go both ways.

Love is a mystery.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 17:34:32

At 5 minutes ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: when can we change the background? some of us can't have blonde tits hanging out at work. at least letting us preference what NG backgrounds we can have on what pages (like P-bot on BBS). would be nice so I don't have to explain this to my supervisor at work!

Wow, nice idea, freind.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 18:02:34

The medals still don't work for me on the games: Cookie Chase 2012 and Donkey Kong Arcade Return.

Sad face.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 18:57:12

Great job to all the NG staff for fixing a few bugs. Also very happy you're fixing the thumbnails, since I can see why people are complaining.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 19:41:21

Coincidentally, I just got done playing a heavy medal-oriented game and received all the ones I earned just fine!

Now if you excuse me, time to start Memohuntress all over again!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 19:53:12

I started playing Memohuntress almost immediately after you posted this. I should've gotten all the medals, but none of them are showing up.

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 19:59:14

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but when I post reviews for things (so far, art), my review doesn't show up on the art's page. It only shows up on my reviews page.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 20:04:50

At 2 hours ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: when can we change the background? some of us can't have blonde tits hanging out at work. at least letting us preference what NG backgrounds we can have on what pages (like P-bot on BBS). would be nice so I don't have to explain this to my supervisor at work!

Seriously man, stfu about having yellow tits as a background being bad. Your (gey) supervisor needs to get out of his bubble he lives in.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature

Response to Medals bug FIXED and other bugs. 2012-02-20 20:08:09

At A few seconds ago, Eltro2kneo wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: when can we change the background? some of us can't have blonde tits hanging out at work. at least letting us preference what NG backgrounds we can have on what pages (like P-bot on BBS). would be nice so I don't have to explain this to my supervisor at work!
Seriously man, stfu about having yellow tits as a background being bad. Your (gey) supervisor needs to get out of his bubble he lives in.

And if you don't want your supervisor to look at the background then why not avoid going to this site AT WORK? If using it at work is a bad idea, then DON'T USE IT AT WORK. Simple as that.

Discord: Eltro#4304

BBS Signature