00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted lok supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whistle

581 Views | 8 Replies

Whistle 2012-02-08 22:43:01

Does anybody know where the whistle is on the Under Judgment flashes? It looks to me like they removed it

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle 2012-02-08 22:48:19

I can't find it either. I figure it's probably just another of many bugs that haven't been fixed yet.

"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

Response to Whistle 2012-02-08 22:49:56

They have removed whistles on flash submissions and adding flash mods instead. Not sure why they removed it before they added flash mods, though.

Response to Whistle 2012-02-08 22:51:18

At A few seconds ago, Jolly wrote: They have removed whistles on flash submissions and adding flash mods instead. Not sure why they removed it before they added flash mods, though.

So why do I still see the whistle on my stats page?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle 2012-02-08 22:52:45

At 12 seconds ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At A few seconds ago, Jolly wrote: They have removed whistles on flash submissions and adding flash mods instead. Not sure why they removed it before they added flash mods, though.
So will my Golden Whistle be going away?

No. You can still flag reviews as abusive, just not flash submissions.

Response to Whistle 2012-02-08 22:54:08

This.

As I got it, the idea is to eliminate the hassle of submissions automatically getting "removed" from the portal when users blow the whistle on it, potentially harming a genuine entry. Instead, mods will manually remove a submission if it's found to break any rules.

/opinion

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle 2012-02-09 12:08:13

At 11 hours ago, Cootie wrote: Well, that puts a bit of a damper on my times in the Elite Guard Barracks. Oh well... I was shit at finding stolen flash anyways.

We still need your help. Abusive flash needs to be found before it can be removed by Flash mods, so you can help by reporting them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it appears that whistles will be reintegrated to submissions; quoting Tom:

"As for Flash mods, you will have access to a list of the most-flagged Flash and can choose to clear the flags or unpublish the Flash. You will also be able to unpublish existing Flash at will."

It would appear, then, that things will still work pretty much the same, except that the submissions won't be automatically pulled off the portal for administrative review.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle 2012-02-09 12:16:21

At 13 hours ago, YoungAndWise wrote:
This.

As I got it, the idea is to eliminate the hassle of submissions automatically getting "removed" from the portal when users blow the whistle on it, potentially harming a genuine entry. Instead, mods will manually remove a submission if it's found to break any rules.

/opinion

Actually, the big bug in the old system was that if you flagged something and it passed judgement, you'd lose a lot of points, whether or not the submission were found to be abusive and removed later on. There was no "getting the points back". It took so many whistles to flag a submission before 200 votes that most of the time a malicious submission would get through with no problem.
The new system makes a lot of sense, in theory.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to Whistle 2012-02-09 12:23:07

At 10 seconds ago, C-Hawk wrote: Actually, the big bug in the old system was that if you flagged something and it passed judgement, you'd lose a lot of points, whether or not the submission were found to be abusive and removed later on. There was no "getting the points back". It took so many whistles to flag a submission before 200 votes that most of the time a malicious submission would get through with no problem.
The new system makes a lot of sense, in theory.

Oh, I wasn't aware that such a bug existed. I thought that you only lost points if the submission was pulled for administrative review and then the flags were cleared. I'm pretty sure I was told so by others, at least.

When an abusive/stolen submission passed judgment before getting enough flags we just reported it to Wade or posted it in the Icon Mod crew so that Tom would deal with it. At least things now will be dealt with more efficiently.

BBS Signature