00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tell me. What is exactly anger?

8,890 Views | 173 Replies

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-26 23:50:53

At 1/26/12 11:43 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: I'm implying that philosophers are more society savvy than you are; providing that you are supporting terms that could might aswell be flawed.

Lol.

Philosophers are only trying to make sense out of something that is quite senseless.

I'm the disillusioned one?

Now I am convinced that you are taking this too literal. Perhaps your field of science cursed you with the habit of over complicating everything?

Haha, I'm overcomplicating this? You asked what anger is, and I told you. Then, you said it doesn't exist, and I explained why that was a laughable statement. For some reason, you cannot grasp this concept because you are pretending to be a philosopher.

Please, do yourself a favor and realise that your blinds are closed.

Damn. You just got out of class didn't you?

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-26 23:50:57

A natural response. The instinctive preperceptive despair.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-26 23:58:13

At 1/26/12 11:39 PM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/26/12 11:30 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: I've learned how to discipline my mind. Knowing what to do and what not to do is common analysis. If we were to discipline ourselves into capitalising any given situation and understanding what we might face in our life is the reason why fear and anger will seize to exist if you can control yourself.
My point was that fear is like pain. It's a "warning bell". Pain tells us that we're being hurt, and fear tells us that we're being threatened. Ideally we would then use logic to figure out a solution to the problem, but emotions get the best of even the most logical people and we do use our feelings as well as logic to make decisions whether we like it or not.

Tell me. Why do we believe there is a function called ''fear?'' Is it ignorance? Is it lack of control? What is it? Fear does not exist.
It does exist, as in it's a real feeling that we experience.

When I was younger, yes. I felt anger. I know what anger feels like. It's an illusion. You can control it. Why get angry if you can control it and experience a humble state of mind that thinks clearly -- that handles the situation with utter grace? Anger is like fighting with your eyes closed. Controlling yourself is like fighting without fighting. You experience something far more enlightening than anger could ever bring you. I honestly do not know how to explain it any better than that at this current time.
Yes, controlling yourself is a good thing. I never disagreed with you on that. Read my post again. Controlling your emotions is can be beneficial but complete suppression (what you suggested earlier) isn't necessarily. And none of that proves that anger doesn't exist or isn't important.

To control yourself is a state of being that cannot be defined with the human language alone. It's truly astounding when you are able to stop your dark instincts. To handle extreme temperatures. To accept the simplest of things. To make a choice to be alone to sought for something that you believe in your mind is true, instead of becoming something you are not to survive in a reality that never gave you a chance to understand yourself; let alone support it.
I don't even know what to make of this fluffball.

Ok. Everyone, if someone breaks into your house. Let your fear do it's thing. Let it freeze you in place. Let it speed up your heart rate. Let it render you speechless. Or, understand the situation. Control yourself. Make the best of that situation. Sometimes you ask yourself, did I get killed by the guy who broke into my house? Or did my own fear get me killed? By the way. Fear is not like pain. Please, give me a better reason why you believe so, or don't compare those two again.

A feeling that we [all] experience? Not everyone experiences it, because there are those who can control it and render it nonexistent. If anything, fear will only cause you to be unstable. If you understand the situation. If you analyze the elements of said situation. If you control yourself. Where is the fear? Where is the benefits of fear? How does fear even come to play if we have the will to smother it into oblivion?

It does prove it. Anger -- by it's definition -- certaintly is a contradiction in and of itself. What causes fear again? It's definately nothing like pain.

That is perfectly understandable. I never expected you to care about my fluffy balls.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 00:13:58

At 1/26/12 11:58 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Ok. Everyone, if someone breaks into your house. Let your fear do it's thing. Let it freeze you in place. Let it speed up your heart rate. Let it render you speechless. Or, understand the situation. Control yourself. Make the best of that situation.

Fear is a response to the enviornment around you to help avert the conflicts that arise from someone breaking into my home (damage to self, damage to property, etc). The body recognizes fear and acts accordingly: plays back past situations to situate your body to the given circumstnaces so you understand the most desired result, releases hormones that help elevate or ease your choice of action and enhances your senses to adapt to the circumstance.

Sometimes you ask yourself, did I get killed by the guy who broke into my house? Or did my own fear get me killed?

I wouldn't ask anything. I'd be dead.

By the way. Fear is not like pain. Please, give me a better reason why you believe so, or don't compare those two again.

Fear is a bodily response to the given circumstances around me using my senses (touch, smell, sight, etc.) Pain is a bodily response to the action the given circumstances has inflicted upon me in terms of a negative action performed to my touch senses.

Similarities are present.

A feeling that we [all] experience? Not everyone experiences it, because there are those who can control it and render it nonexistent. If anything, fear will only cause you to be unstable. If you understand the situation. If you analyze the elements of said situation. If you control yourself. Where is the fear? Where is the benefits of fear? How does fear even come to play if we have the will to smother it into oblivion?

Unless you're a sociopath and are physically incapable of feeling fear, you've felt it. Fear has it's benefits in understanding it and maximizing it's usage, not trying to sweep it under the rug because you're in control.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 00:24:24

At 1/27/12 12:13 AM, JackRabbitStudios wrote:
At 1/26/12 11:58 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Ok. Everyone, if someone breaks into your house. Let your fear do it's thing. Let it freeze you in place. Let it speed up your heart rate. Let it render you speechless. Or, understand the situation. Control yourself. Make the best of that situation.
Fear is a response to the enviornment around you to help avert the conflicts that arise from someone breaking into my home (damage to self, damage to property, etc). The body recognizes fear and acts accordingly: plays back past situations to situate your body to the given circumstnaces so you understand the most desired result, releases hormones that help elevate or ease your choice of action and enhances your senses to adapt to the circumstance.

Sometimes you ask yourself, did I get killed by the guy who broke into my house? Or did my own fear get me killed?
I wouldn't ask anything. I'd be dead.

By the way. Fear is not like pain. Please, give me a better reason why you believe so, or don't compare those two again.
Fear is a bodily response to the given circumstances around me using my senses (touch, smell, sight, etc.) Pain is a bodily response to the action the given circumstances has inflicted upon me in terms of a negative action performed to my touch senses.

Similarities are present.

Unless you're a sociopath and are physically incapable of feeling fear, you've felt it. Fear has it's benefits in understanding it and maximizing it's usage, not trying to sweep it under the rug because you're in control.

A response because you are afraid? Why are you afraid? Why does your body need to alert you from danger? When you can apply common sense and put two and two together. Stranger breaks into house with weapon + you are unarmed = ? It just seems like people are misinterpreting the functions of our body because of these flawed definitions.

When you construct an image in your mind, you can ask yourself what killed you in your imaginary sequence. That is what I was doing. I was imagining someone who broke into my house, and my body unable to move through fear. Then, I ask myself. What killed me? My fear, or the stranger?

That is not similarities at all. That is just you not having a linear grasp on the entire essence of said terms and what they could quite possibly be otherwise.

Of course the illusion has been felt. It doesn't exist though. It's all in our heads. There is no weakness or paranoia. It's a state of weakness. It's a state of ignorance and lack of control that causes us to eat away at ourselves. When you discipline your mind, and face your fears. There shouldn't be any problem if you can control yourself completely -- not having to worry about your body being unstable.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 00:30:09

At 1/27/12 12:27 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 12:24 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: A response because you are afraid? Why are you afraid? Why does your body need to alert you from danger? When you can apply common sense and put two and two together. Stranger breaks into house with weapon + you are unarmed = ? It just seems like people are misinterpreting the functions of our body because of these flawed definitions.
Common sense comes from our feelings and emotions. If one had no emotions or urges at all then he would have no reason to live and would not defend himself. Fear is our mind's way of initially processing a threat.

Can you back up your claim? I would think common sense derives from our ability to analyze our surroundings and what is of it.

Can you support the latter as well? It seems as though you are pulling things out of your rabbit hat now.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 00:44:24

At 1/27/12 12:24 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: That is not similarities at all. That is just you not having a linear grasp on the entire essence of said terms and what they could quite possibly be otherwise.

Boy, I don't know what the fuck you just said....so I'm just going to say that you're right to every postulate you bring forward..

At 1/27/12 12:24 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Of course the illusion has been felt. It doesn't exist though.

You're right.

It's all in our heads.

Course it is.

There is no weakness or paranoia. It's a state of weakness. It's a state of ignorance and lack of control that causes us to eat away at ourselves.

Right on the money.

When you discipline your mind, and face your fears. There shouldn't be any problem if you can control yourself completely -- not having to worry about your body being unstable.

I'll do just that.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 00:55:02

At 1/27/12 12:42 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 12:30 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Can you back up your claim? I would think common sense derives from our ability to analyze our surroundings and what is of it.
All human behavior is derived from our desire to continue to exist in reproduce, if we did not desire those things then we simply wouldn't exist anymore. Now, an extreme example. Take a human that's confronted by starvation but has absolutely no emotions or feelings. He doesn't feel hunger, a desire to live, or anything else. What motivation would he have to eat if he doesn't feel hunger? It can't be to live, because he has no desire to live. He feels no pain as he starves to death. Since he has no feelings, he has no goals.

If he's confronted by, let's say, a tiger will he run from it? All of the humans that didn't run are dead (of course, the desire to live was established a long time before the human species was established, this is just a hypothetical example of the concept).

See? We analyze our surroundings in a way that allows us to accomplish our goals. Emotions and feelings provide those goals. A human can't make competent decisions without both logic and emotion.

It seems as though you are pulling things out of your rabbit hat now.
There's no need to add arrogant insults to the end of every post. Treating everyone around you like an intellectual insect isn't going to help you in an argument.

Is that how you think we operate underneath? That some biological plan designed by nature makes us impulsive towards things through a complex of stimuli; neurological interconnections and chemistry? Is that what you think?

Then explain why I can defy your biological theory. Why I do not crave to pleasure myself. Why I do not choose the convenience over the inconvenience because it ruins my precious ''comfort zone''. Tell me how I'm able to discipline my mind, and redirect my entire langugae of my mind to focus on a much greater horizon, and not this jungle of a world you believe in that is constituted by your biology; primitive instincts, etc.

You assume that a man with no goal or no emotion [why are you saying absolutely no emotions, and when did I ever say that we should be an emotionless mass of design?] will have no will to live; survive? What if said man were to capitalise on that nothing? That is something that very rare individuals try to do. To not have a reason to live. Just to live. To keep going no matter how much you lack of. Just keep going. Why stop? Why take your life for granted, because you don't have something. If you are able to walk. To think. To live. There is no excuse you can make. We don't need what we want. We need what we abandon to acquire what we want.

I still don't understand why you are bring up a completely emotionless being all of a sudden. I'm only speaking of the two terms: fear, and anger.

You are right. Although, I did not do that to insult you. I was using a metaphor to express that it seemed like you weren't really assessing your thoughts before you typed them up; that you were just pulling it out of nowhere. Have you ever ment an emotionless being? Have you ever met a man who faced a lion that fit your examples? That was my point.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 01:12:25

Anger is a feedback mechanism in which an unpleasant stimulus is met with an unpleasant response.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 01:16:24

At 1/27/12 01:06 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 12:55 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Is that how you think we operate underneath? That some biological plan designed by nature makes us impulsive towards things through a complex of stimuli; neurological interconnections and chemistry? Is that what you think?
Well, yes. Minus the "designed part". It simply ended up that way. If we had no will to live then we would not be alive, so we are alive because we have a will to live, by coincidence or some reason that we don't know of.

Then explain why I can defy your biological theory. Why I do not crave to pleasure myself. Why I do not choose the convenience over the inconvenience because it ruins my precious ''comfort zone''. Tell me how I'm able to discipline my mind, and redirect my entire langugae of my mind to focus on a much greater horizon, and not this jungle of a world you believe in that is constituted by your biology; primitive instincts, etc.
You can defy my biological theory? I don't see you doing it. I just see you claiming that you're on a greater horizon with no evidence to support it.

You assume that a man with no goal or no emotion [why are you saying absolutely no emotions, and when did I ever say that we should be an emotionless mass of design?] will have no will to live; survive? What if said man were to capitalise on that nothing? That is something that very rare individuals try to do. To not have a reason to live. Just to live. To keep going no matter how much you lack of. Just keep going. Why stop? Why take your life for granted, because you don't have something. If you are able to walk. To think. To live. There is no excuse you can make. We don't need what we want. We need what we abandon to acquire what we want.
What do you mean by capitalizing on nothing? We already have no reason to live, other than our desire for life and the things that we enjoy within it. The rest of this statement is essentially meaningless...

"That is something that very rare individuals try to do. To not have a reason to live. Just to live. To keep going no matter how much you lack of. Just keep going. Why stop? Why take your life for granted, because you don't have something. If you are able to walk. To think. To live. There is no excuse you can make. We don't need what we want. We need what we abandon to acquire what we want."

What exactly does this mean?

I still don't understand why you are bring up a completely emotionless being all of a sudden. I'm only speaking of the two terms: fear, and anger.
Because you said that controlling an emotion limits it, and I assumed that you meant emotionless. You haven't corrected me until now so how would I know that you meant otherwise?

Complete emotionless is an extreme example, but by my example hopefully you can see why fear can be beneficial.

You are right. Although, I did not do that to insult you. I was using a metaphor to express that it seemed like you weren't really assessing your thoughts before you typed them up; that you were just pulling it out of nowhere. Have you ever ment an emotionless being? Have you ever met a man who faced a lion that fit your examples? That was my point.
No I have not. That again was just an example to illustrate a concept. The only concept as of now that logically explains our desire to live and our emotions.

*Remembers my childhood* I do declare that you are wrong, sir. You do not need a will to live just to live. You can drag your ashes across these forsaken lands all you may want. [metaphor]

I could easily say that you aren't proving anything either. My side proves me that your side is disproven. Your side proves me that my side is disproven. That is where the impugn is currently heading. Let's try to draw some reason out of it atleast.

To capitalise on nothing is to understand how to live without wanting anything.

We are obsessed with the chemicals called dopamine. We are abandoning the fundamental value of our lives for materialistic value. Which has no true value, while our value is genuinely invaluable. Since, it's us. You know? Us; individual minds where each holds an endless web of conscious information that tells a different story. Your biology does not affect me. If you cannot discipline your mind, you are obviously doing something wrong. It amuses me how millions of people stand as if they were strong, because they think they are naturally viable to want what pleasures them.. How about they try to fight against their impulses and prove themselves of their self-control for a start? I doubt they can. That's because your entire biological ''evidence'' is an excuse to cover up how you are slaves to your minds. You are dominated by chemicals. Trolololol.

You misinterpreted what I was implying. I'm only speaking of anger and fear right now. I'm stating that the definitions of these words are flawed.

Logical? Don't tell me what you think is logical if you follow the biological hyperbole.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 01:34:43

At 1/27/12 01:27 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 01:16 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: *Remembers my childhood* I do declare that you are wrong, sir. You do not need a will to live just to live. You can drag your ashes across these forsaken lands all you may want. [metaphor]
You don't necessarily, but having a will to live certainly helps you to live, because you will be more likely to do things that allow you to continue living.

I could easily say that you aren't proving anything either. My side proves me that your side is disproven. Your side proves me that my side is disproven. That is where the impugn is currently heading. Let's try to draw some reason out of it atleast.
I meant that you are speaking of a "higher plane" without telling me what it is or demonstrated how you are on it.

We are obsessed with the chemicals called dopamine. We are abandoning the fundamental value of our lives for materialistic value. Which has no true value, while our value is genuinely invaluable. Since, it's us. You know? Us; individual minds where each holds an endless web of conscious information that tells a different story. Your biology does not affect me. If you cannot discipline your mind, you are obviously doing something wrong. It amuses me how millions of people stand as if they were strong, because they think they are naturally viable to want what pleasures them.. How about they try to fight against their impulses and prove themselves of their self-control for a start? I doubt they can. That's because your entire biological ''evidence'' is an excuse to cover up how you are slaves to your minds. You are dominated by chemicals.
How do you define value? Value is subjective. I am not a slave to my mind, I am my mind... and whether you like it or not, you rely on your biological brain to think. Self-control is beneficial to an extent, but how does it make you superior to others?

You misinterpreted what I was implying. I'm only speaking of anger and fear right now. I'm stating that the definitions of these words are flawed.
In what way are they flawed?

You don't neccessarily need to have a will to live; let alone want to add sugar coated illusions to your mundane existence.

A higher plane? What are you talking about?

Value doesn't exist. That is how I define it. Useless isn't it? 2 words: dopamine chemicals

Fear is flawed, because we can discipline our minds to understand and have control of any given situation.

Anger is flawed, because it has no beneficial purposes; which can be eliminated by controlling yourself.

Intelligence is flawed, because it's an imaginary leveler. Everyone can be ignorant, and aware. Not everyone can be intelligent; in which intelligence comes from the roots of awareness after all.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 01:54:19

At 1/27/12 01:44 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 01:34 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: You don't neccessarily need to have a will to live; let alone want to add sugar coated illusions to your mundane existence.
That's not even a response to anything that I said.

A higher plane? What are you talking about?
You keep speaking as if your supposed lack of desire somehow makes you intellectually superior to those that desire things.

Value doesn't exist. That is how I define it. Useless isn't it? 2 words: dopamine chemicals
Way to contradict yourself:
"We are obsessed with the chemicals called dopamine. We are abandoning the fundamental value of our lives for materialistic value. Which has no true value, while our value is genuinely invaluable."

Part of your argument was simply that *your* value is better than *my* value. When I pointed out that value is subjective, you proceed to say "value does not exist".

How that's supposed to be an argument, nobody knows.

Fear is flawed, because we can discipline our minds to understand and have control of any given situation.
But what reason would we have to do that, if we did not feel fear and were already human?

Anger is flawed, because it has no beneficial purposes; which can be eliminated by controlling yourself.
I already pointed out how it can have beneficial purposes.

Intelligence is flawed, because it's an imaginary leveler. Everyone can be ignorant, and aware. Not everyone can be intelligent; in which intelligence comes from the roots of awareness after all.
That statement is a steaming pile of contradiction, with absolutely no discernible meaning or relevance to the argument at hand. Explain it please.

Hey your right! ^.^ I ment to quote you on how you said that is ''isn't necessary''. Which means it's not mandatory. Which means we can discpline our minds into not wanting anything just to live.

I'm only trying to make sense out of these delusions my race created. What are you on about?

Let me rephrase it: We are abandoning what would be fundamental value in your eyes. I personally do not believe in value. I was speaking through other's eyes. :3

Fear only exists because of weakness. Weakness should exist if we capitalised on everything.

You did? Are you telling me that you really think that being blinded by anger really causes change? It really causes us to fight for what we want? Last time I've checked, I have been fighting naysayers for 3 years regarding my philosophy. I had a few breaking points during the first year, but now.. I am able to acknowledge that being angry is becoming a melting pot.. not a fiery bird of passion. [metaphor]

No. I'm going to spare myself from your obvious lack of linear understanding of the term ''intelligence''. I want you to tell me what you personally see the term ''intelligence'' as.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 02:13:23

At 1/27/12 02:06 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 01:54 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Hey your right! ^.^ I ment to quote you on how you said that is ''isn't necessary''. Which means it's not mandatory. Which means we can discpline our minds into not wanting anything just to live.
Perhaps, but I don't understand how it could possibly be beneficial.

Let me rephrase it: We are abandoning what would be fundamental value in your eyes. I personally do not believe in value. I was speaking through other's eyes. :3
Fear only exists because of weakness. Weakness should exist if we capitalised on everything.
Fear itself is not weakness. A weakness would be an inability to confront or rationally respond to fear.

You did? Are you telling me that you really think that being blinded by anger really causes change? It really causes us to fight for what we want? Last time I've checked, I have been fighting naysayers for 3 years regarding my philosophy. I had a few breaking points during the first year, but now.. I am able to acknowledge that being angry is becoming a melting pot.. not a fiery bird of passion. [metaphor]
There is a clear difference between being consumed by blinding range, and experiencing anger. Experiencing some anger will cause change. Being blinded by anger will also cause change, but it will not be sufficiently controlled and can lead to undesired results.

No. I'm going to spare myself from your obvious lack of linear understanding of the term ''intelligence''. I want you to tell me what you personally see the term ''intelligence'' as.
That's a tricky question to answer. Intelligence is the ability to solve problems, reason, understand, learn, or plan.

That is because you are under the impression that living life requires wants and desires. You believe that no one can just simply live without goals; purposes. [Which I am doing just fine right now, myself.]

Our body responds to a situation because we are afraid. That is weakness. If we were to understand and acknowledge that our fear is only going to cause our body to be unstable..? Mhmm?

I do agree with this. Although, I do not agree that anger is followed by change. Can you give me an example?

So you are implying that intelligence is essentially analysing and applying a cohesive understanding?

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 02:44:53

At 1/27/12 02:23 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 02:13 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: That is because you are under the impression that living life requires wants and desires. You believe that no one can just simply live without goals; purposes. [Which I am doing just fine right now, myself.]
You clearly have to set goals to be able to survive and function on a day-to-day basis. Even if they're tiny, insignificant goals.

Our body responds to a situation because we are afraid. That is weakness. If we were to understand and acknowledge that our fear is only going to cause our body to be unstable..? Mhmm?
What's weak about responding to the situation? If something evokes fear, then what could we gain from ignoring it? Fear isn't instability, it's a reaction to a potential threat.

I do agree with this. Although, I do not agree that anger is followed by change. Can you give me an example?
Anger isn't necessarily followed by a change, but it can cause you to react to something you would not have reacted to otherwise or affect your judgement.

So you are implying that intelligence is essentially analysing and applying a cohesive understanding?
No. Intelligence is the ability to solve problems, reason, understand, learn, or plan. One does not need to apply a cohesive understanding to do either of those things individually.

Depends on how you evaluate a ''goal''.

No. Fear comes from lacking control over the unknown. If one were to understand a situation and apply disciplinary practice to will themselves to capitalise on this situation. Fear would not exist.

Passion is humble; balanced. Who needs anger?

I will give you that. My terminology gets fucked up from time to time trying to use terms that I personally find useless. So let me rephrase my question. Anyone who is aware enough to operate on such means could do it. Knowledge isn't some sick tool that only so many people can manifest. Anyone can become aware of their own common sense to establish an action that allows them to conduct an action that revolves around nature's products. Also, like I said. Everyone can be ignorant or aware. Not everyone can be intelligent. I find that to be an undertone of hierarchy.

At 1/27/12 02:13 AM, RacistBassist wrote:

That's actually 100% true. When people completely give up on everything, Gaia takes their essen-I mean they stop doing shit like eating and drinking and moving. You're forgetting that the most primal and ingrained goal/purpose we have is survival of self or survival of the species.

Our body responds because that's the path evolution took us down.:

Give up on everything. That sounds like a defeatist to me. How did it come down to this? I'm talking about how people do not need more than their own ability to exist just to survive in this world.

What is your ''evolution''? Because if it's part of this biological nonsense. I suggest you to hammer down some heavy ''facts'' about it, because lately I've only defied your nonsensical theories about how a human should naturally act.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:04:05

At 1/27/12 02:53 AM, bgraybr wrote:
At 1/27/12 02:44 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Depends on how you evaluate a ''goal''.
Surely, if you need to eat you go and eat, don't you? Your goal when you are hungry is to get to food and satisfy your hunger. Sure, you could drift around meaninglessly, and eat by coincidence without having a reason to do so, but what are the chances of doing that?

No. Fear comes from lacking control over the unknown. If one were to understand a situation and apply disciplinary practice to will themselves to capitalise on this situation. Fear would not exist.
If someone was in your house trying to kill you, you would be afraid of them, would you not? Yes, you could probably calm down, understand the situation, and either escape or defeat your assailant in some way. That does not mean that you won't feel any fear at some point in the process.

Passion is humble; balanced. Who needs anger?
No one needs it. Anger can still be beneficial in some situations. For example, if you were were being bullied heavily by someone, and sought to stop it. Perhaps your bully does not respond to other methods of altering his behavior, so you punch him in the face. That certainly accomplishes the goal of stopping the bully from bullying you, though it's not always the best solution.

I will give you that. My terminology gets fucked up from time to time trying to use terms that I personally find useless. So let me rephrase my question. Anyone who is aware enough to operate on such means could do it. Knowledge isn't some sick tool that only so many people can manifest. Anyone can become aware of their own common sense to establish an action that allows them to conduct an action that revolves around nature's products. Also, like I said. Everyone can be ignorant or aware. Not everyone can be intelligent. I find that to be an undertone of hierarchy.
So what's your point? I'm not trying to be rude or blunt, I genuinely don't see where you're going with that.

I had a feeling you were being literal when it came to goals. I'm talking about goals you set on your own.. .-.

I don't fear death. I understand that it's better to capitalise on a situation. That fear is a piece of crap function. No, I would not fear. I'm actually quite fearless. I only have two petty fears. Heights, and a very mixed signal when it comes to snakes and spiders. Everything else. Expect me to approach with my chin up.

Want to know something hilarious? I've never hit any of my bullies back the entire time I was bullied. Yep, and you know what they thought? I was crazy, and they never fucked with me. When I was in 7th grade I was threatened by several people I was going to get jumped. I told them to go ahead and try, I'm not afraid of what could quite possibly be the inevitable. I have been jumped twice, and both times I got out unscathed. I even juggled round a basketball during one of them. [I think they were trying to steal it something? It was 3 black kids] Oh, did I forget to mention that I had absolutely no fear or worry during any of these times? I just let the motion flow, and I capitalised on every action I made. Now, the hilarious thing is. The only bully I ended up doing something towards is my brother's. ^^ How amusing!

Not trying to be rude or blunt. Trust me, I admire your light-hearted approaches, but do not worry about what I think. I get insulted like it was an inadvertent hobby of mine. You don't get my point. So what. All I have to say is ''Why do you not get my point?''.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:20:05

At 1/27/12 03:14 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 1/27/12 03:04 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: I had a feeling you were being literal when it came to goals. I'm talking about goals you set on your own.. .-.
People can argue for days about which goals we truly set on our own, are coached, or are natural. Think of it this way, everybody has goals. Not every single goal is shit that ends up taking a long period of time to achieve. Some are simple such as "Have fun" which almost everyone does, unless it gets in the way of their other goals, or something is preventing them from doing it.

I don't fear death. I understand that it's better to capitalise on a situation. That fear is a piece of crap function. No, I would not fear. I'm actually quite fearless. I only have two petty fears. Heights, and a very mixed signal when it comes to snakes and spiders. Everything else. Expect me to approach with my chin up.
Congratulations, that doesn't mean you don't fear death. You will do everything you can to actively avoid it. The problem is that fear denotes cowardice.

Want to know something hilarious? I've never hit any of my bullies back the entire time I was bullied. Yep, and you know what they thought? I was crazy, and they never fucked with me. When I was in 7th grade I was threatened by several people I was going to get jumped. I told them to go ahead and try, I'm not afraid of what could quite possibly be the inevitable. I have been jumped twice, and both times I got out unscathed. I even juggled round a basketball during one of them. [I think they were trying to steal it something? It was 3 black kids] Oh, did I forget to mention that I had absolutely no fear or worry during any of these times? I just let the motion flow, and I capitalised on every action I made. Now, the hilarious thing is. The only bully I ended up doing something towards is my brother's. ^^ How amusing!
Watch out, we got a badass over here fellas.

Not trying to be rude or blunt. Trust me, I admire your light-hearted approaches, but do not worry about what I think. I get insulted like it was an inadvertent hobby of mine. You don't get my point. So what. All I have to say is ''Why do you not get my point?''.
Because you're taking the insanctuary approach and not explicitly stating your point but only vaguely alluding to it so you can dance around any attempt at a rebuttal?

Think of it this way. When it comes to goals that we make ourselves consciously. Those goals are not mandatory. *Mind blown* :O

How do I not fear death, because you say so? How does that work? Fear does denote cowardice. I've been saying this for like the past 4 hours. If one were to not to cower; where is fear?

Uh huh.. How am I a badass? Even if it's sarcasm.

The insanctuary approach? Also, I'm not dancing around. I'm working with the ideas of other's right now. How am I dancing around?

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:31:21

At 1/27/12 03:26 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 1/27/12 03:20 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: Think of it this way. When it comes to goals that we make ourselves consciously. Those goals are not mandatory. *Mind blown* :O
So basically everything we do that we do for fun? You also have goals, you just don't call them that. Some are very short term like "Oh, I want to buy that TV while I'm here" and then you go and buy it. Bam, goal completed. Or how about " ifeel like posting on the BBS" bam, done.

How do I not fear death, because you say so? How does that work? Fear does denote cowardice. I've been saying this for like the past 4 hours. If one were to not to cower; where is fear?
Just because you say it does not make it true. It is very easy to feel intense fear and still stand up to it. Not giving a fuck does not make you unafraid of something. Every single person fears death in some capacity. Some people just take more of a Chris Miles approach to it and say "Fuck it"

Uh huh.. How am I a badass? Even if it's sarcasm.
That whole paragraph seemed to be about how badass you were.

The insanctuary approach? Also, I'm not dancing around. I'm working with the ideas of other's right now. How am I dancing around?
Some troll whose writing style is eerily similar to yours, and who coincidentally left right around the time you signed up.

If they are not mandatory. Then it is not debatable. What is this excess you are making of it? Stop it. :C

I do not fear death. I have no reason to. Why would I fear death? I can't even comprehend why so many people fear what lies after we die.

Seems like that, doesn't it? I was just stating a point that I do not fear or worry about when I can completely capitalise on any given situation.

Eerily? How so? Nobody types like I do. I have my own style :3

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:40:12

At 1/27/12 03:37 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 1/27/12 03:31 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: If they are not mandatory. Then it is not debatable. What is this excess you are making of it? Stop it. :C
What excess? You seem to be trying to play semantics about what is a goal and what isn't. Every single person has goals, some are just extremely micro in comparison and can happen in an extremely short time frame.

I do not fear death. I have no reason to. Why would I fear death? I can't even comprehend why so many people fear what lies after we die.
Sigh. You keep using the word fear with negative connotations. If you truly did not fear death you would not go out of your way to avoid it.

Seems like that, doesn't it? I was just stating a point that I do not fear or worry about when I can completely capitalise on any given situation.
Eerily? How so? Nobody types like I do. I have my own style :3
Eerily as in within a week of him leaving a new user signs up with a similar style and who spouts philosophical BS.

Yes, but are these goals mandatory in any way to survive; to live?

Are you implying biological examples that I am too rational to consider? If you are, stop it. :{ What is fear of death to you? What is not fearing of death?

That is your interpretation of my philosophy, I guess. I wish you weren't so blunt without proper evidence as to why my philosophy is bullshit when it gets me farther than any other school of knowledge.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:45:17

At 1/27/12 03:42 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Holy fuck this guy is either a complete idiot or a brilliant troll.

Fear scenario:
Giant beast you have no defense against approaches you.

Option 1: Have no fear I'll just stand here and get eaten like a real man
Option 2: Holy fuck, Runnnnnnnn!

Thanks to option 2 we can survive and create offspring and such. Without any fear we wouldn't exist as a species. Fear keeps us from doing really stupid shit that would end up with us getting killed.

What is this giant beast? A pet mouse?

Besides, you don't need fear to acknowledge that you aren't going to win the fight. You can turn around and run without having fear involved.

Are you sure you aren't the troll here? ^ _ -

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 03:55:51

BlackHoleLogic = Insanctuary
EmmaVolt = RiverGrey

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 05:14:19

It is a natural response to when you feel you have been done wrong.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:21:04

Okay, it's obvious now that BlackHoleLogic is trolling (fits his name, whouldn't you say?). The arguments are extremely pale and have no sustenance, which make it clear that he is either taking on a position he just learned and is failing to express or purposefully running circles around you. If the latter, bravo; admirable trolling, I must say!

At 1/27/12 03:55 AM, PIED3 wrote: BlackHoleLogic = Insanctuary
EmmaVolt = RiverGrey

You're like the Donald Trump of BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:24:47

It is a very powerful all-consuming need to destory, and desolate everything, everyone, and anything else around you until it is atomized into nothing but it's more basic particle mass.

I think I have a underlining rage problem, there are times when I get mad..I really really get mad.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:33:27

Jon MAD!!!!

JON SMAAAAAAASH!!!!!!

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:40:47

I hate when my posts are right at the bottom before a new page, no one will see it :<

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:43:21

At 1/27/12 03:40 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote:
That is your interpretation of my philosophy, I guess. I wish you weren't so blunt without proper evidence as to why my philosophy is bullshit when it gets me farther than any other school of knowledge.

Hi Insanctuaty! Hows it going? I thought u were leaving.. Could u impart upon me ur godly knowledge of logic plz

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:46:55

At 1/27/12 12:43 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:
At 1/27/12 03:40 AM, BlackHoleLogic wrote:
Hi Insanctuaty! Hows it going? I thought u were leaving.. Could u impart upon me ur godly knowledge of logic plz

What have you done, ohfuckohfuck. You just fucking stabbed the crackin with a damn pointy spoon.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 12:57:58

I dont think he's got what it takes to rule the definition of logic anymore, he's getting old. The next generation of schitzoids are nipping on his heels, it wont be long.

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 13:13:56

I supress my anger by fisting. I can control myself and not throw punches at people.

BBS Signature

Response to Tell me. What is exactly anger? 2012-01-27 13:34:22

At 1/26/12 08:31 PM, BlackHoleLogic wrote: What is its purpose. How does it motivate you to prevent what advocated it originally? Why does anger influence us to do the opposite of when we are not angry?

Fear is not an illusion. It's an instinct.