00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Harbinger

1,600 Views | 18 Replies

Harbinger 2011-11-28 05:38:10

Hello world.
My name is DonCarrera. I fear I'm functioning as a harbinger of sadness in this situation.

River is dead.

Yes, my best friend in life and only person I've ever truly trusted outside of my own family ~ is dead.

Rivergrey died on 11 / 28 / 2011. She was struck fatally by a drunk driver on the way home from a night out on the town. She hadn't drank anything herself, but it all happened too quick. It was a merciless hit and run incident, the driver not even stopping once to see what had happened according to the few eyewitnesses to be found.

The lady responsible has now been apprehended and faces heavy charges, as well as a potential lawsuit from her parents.

I still can not believe her life ended so soon.

Sometimes...

Sometimes these sort of things make you think about how fragile human life, and existence as a whole, can be.

Now is one of those times.

< / 3

~

I may not believe in the afterlife on a personal level, but... if there were to be something else in life after life itself, then I wish the absolute best for her. Truly.

~

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 05:43:01

Well damn, if you're telling the truth, I'm sorry for your loss.
She always seemed like a great poster.
But just don't expect all peaches and gravy in these replies.

This is a signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 06:13:54

At 11/28/11 05:48 AM, NL-Courage wrote: Just don't let pain shallow you to the condition of darkness.

This is all I can say to you now. Hope you make it.

I'll make it, yeah. I've lost family, pets I've lived with all my life, and items of of much personal value and attachment before, but never a friend. There's no way I could of ever guessed it would be River ~ energetic, friendly, quirky and surprisingly intelligent girl she was ~ but I can keep pushing and shoving, working my way around a prolonged onset of lingering depression and mourning.

Don't worry about me.

. . .

I do worry for another person who was even closer to her than me, though.....

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 06:17:46

Huh, I thought we had a active username named harbinger. Guess not. Looked up the name and nope. Don't know why I thought I saw a harbringer posting.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 06:21:19

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit. If she really died on this day, that means there would be a maximum of about eleven to twelve hours for everything to happen. Death, identification of the driver, news to reach you, etc.

If you're not just making this up to coincide with Rivergrey leaving the BBS for other reasons, sorry.

ROCK GOD HISAO - [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3] [Part 4]

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 06:24:10

At 11/28/11 06:21 AM, GenericName54 wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit. If she really died on this day, that means there would be a maximum of about eleven to twelve hours for everything to happen. Death, identification of the driver, news to reach you, etc...
At 11/28/11 05:38 AM, DonCarrera wrote: 11 / 28 / 2011

Fuck my life. I meant Friday last week, or 11 / 25 / 11

If you're not just making this up to coincide with Rivergrey leaving the BBS for other reasons, sorry.

Nope, sorry. This is - completely - legit.

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 07:41:03

Well, I left a comment on her userpage as you know, and I can't add much more. I still can't believe that she is gone forever and in such an unjust way. I already wondered why she didn't go on Newgrounds for the last days and used this chat. It kind of makes me happy and sad at the same time that I was one of the last users who had contact with her. I will miss her a lot.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 07:48:04

This is the perfect song for feeling sad.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 11:05:32

Thank you and goodbye.

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 11:10:15

At 11/28/11 06:21 AM, GenericName54 wrote: I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit.

He knew Rivergrey. Perhaps you want to reread the article?

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 12:22:40

I know you feel this

Harbinger

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 14:14:27

Sorry for the loss :(

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 14:43:25

Wow, I barely started conversating with her on these forums. Yet I find it a bit of a shock that her sudden death actually happened.

Sadly, It is often the innocent non-drinkers who get struck by drunk drivers.

I'm sorry that such a bright promising person on these forums was lost.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 14:50:28

Hmm, this is quite depressing.

Out of all the people this could have happened to...

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 14:54:37

Don't mind me asking...

Is this the official thread, or is the more popular "RIP Rivergrey" thread now the official one?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 15:19:54

At 11/28/11 02:54 PM, Painbringer wrote: Is this the official thread, or is the more popular "RIP Rivergrey" thread now the official one?

The other one...

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 15:21:26

Do we have confirmation of this being legit or not? I remember someone making another death thread that went on for some time. No proof was ever given, and eventually a mod locked it under "Until I get proof, which you OP are welcome to pm to me I am locking this thread" or something to that effect.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 15:24:39

At 11/28/11 03:19 PM, Rivergrey wrote: The other one...

Don't mind me asking...

But why was this posted from Rivergrey's account?

You probably forgot to logoff Rivergrey's account, but still.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Harbinger 2011-11-28 15:26:27

At 11/28/11 03:24 PM, Painbringer wrote: But why was this posted from Rivergrey's account?

You probably forgot to logoff Rivergrey's account, but still.

^ answer

Getting tired and ill from all this. People need to learn how to read threads...