00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LegendaryWolfeh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG BattleGrounds Club

36,362 Views | 735 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 03:13:31

Welcome to the Battlegrounds Club.
The gathering spot for battles.

If you'd like to participate its pretty simple.

1- Post a screenshot of your character and request to duel someone. Try finding someone who matches your flash skill level.

2- After finding someone, Let us know about it so that people still looking for someone can take you off the list of availables.
Talk to your opponent and figure out what your deadline will be and who will turn it in and other ground rules you may want (black and white, frame-by-frame, etc).

3-Create a short movie in which your character fights the character that your opponent has made. Obviously you want your character to win in your version (or not?)

4-After you and your opponent have made their movie have someone put it together using the provided Battleground template (the link can be found on the next post)

5-Turn it in to the Portal!

Try keeping entries at 24fps and with white as the movie background just to be consistent.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 03:20:20

Below is a link to the template you need to setup your Battlegrounds battle:

http://www.brainwashstudios.com/ngbg/battlegrounds_tmpt.fla

The file is pretty easy to follow, you dont need to setup actions or anything really. Heres the instructions:

1-Import your character mugshots into the space provided.

2-Type up your character's bio and your opponents bio in their respective sections.

3-place your movie in scene 2 (artist1) and your opponents in scene 3 (artist2)

4-add 'back to main' buttons to your movies and create a gotoandplay action to scene - main, frame 1

5-All done.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 03:50:08

lol thats exactly what i was looking for when i said there should be a uniformed preloader and more.

It looks awesome.............. But .........

You know someone is going to make a Pissman character and a Pooman Character now dont you ? lol

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 04:46:44

Here's a sketch of a martial arts monk. I might not want to start on this for a couple weeks or so until i'm done with the final project for my flash class. These types of things seem like they'd be really fun though.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 04:50:28

Perfect Murder roxx. How can yah make flash so damn good Luis? You are so friggin good

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 04:53:24

I'll accept Luis :P

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 05:56:53

Here is an update of my flash.

I've also madea few changes to my char. I didn't like the way he was heading. I just removed all theweapones, gadgets and gismos he had and made him more of a monster. Removed his nose but kept the nightvision type eyes and the band around the headphone type gizmo which allows him to gives him greater hearing when stalking prey.

He also runs on 4 legs now instead of 2 and doesnt look like a gimped out power ranger.

Here is a sneak peak of one of the frames. Sorry about the 300 x 200 ish size all the forum allows.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 06:23:26

yeah im against passingmoose, i really wanna face you sometime luis, like really badly to see how good i am under-pressure

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 06:26:20

Name : Heavymetalhampster
Bio : Loves punk/death metal, Has rabies and loves heroin

NG BattleGrounds Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 07:09:25

We need a person to update consistintly :)

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 08:17:35

Name: "Calavera" (in spanish)
Bio:???

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 08:57:07

Here is my Redman! He > you.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 09:44:52

Name : Grimmot
Bio : A once great scientist, Grimmot became what he is today in lab blast where he and 3 others survived out of 179 workers. Grommit looks like a primative monster but is actually quite smart harnessing some impressive technology which helps him survive and lesser his need for human flesh. Grimmot is forced to live in the shadows, hunted because he is different. He also works as bounty hounter which he spends the money trying to develop some sort of cure for his eternal thirst for flesh and bone.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 09:50:59

I love the look of redman lol

lol especially that stupid grin!

does one of his fingers (the white one) shoot aids or something ?

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 10:05:30

Sounds interesting.....if I can find some time, I'm going to participate in the future..Sorry for the incredibly small picture size.....but I had to made it an avatar on a forum.

Name: Zobar
Bio: A brain- dead man filled up with toxins and drugs to let him stay alive.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 10:07:49

At 5/7/04 08:57 AM, Sanderail wrote: Here is my Redman! He > you.

isn't redman a rapper?

I'll post an image of my character later

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 10:12:57

At 5/7/04 10:07 AM, Haartufs wrote:
At 5/7/04 08:57 AM, Sanderail wrote: Here is my Redman! He > you.
isn't redman a rapper?

I think its just a coincidence because hey that redman aint black and the flash redman is way cooler.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 10:24:43

A weirdo, I dunno what name it has to have

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 12:40:54

Well, for starters, I will be going up against Michael_Burt this time around. Without any further ado, heres my character:

Name: Ikaryu "Ninjor" Onimatsu

Biography: He was once a revered ancient history professor at Tokyo's esteemed university. He was also quite a proficient
inventor. He was hored by an unknown man to build a time machine. He did it with out asking questions, afetr all, when you're offered 2,000,000$ US and you're Japanese and used to Yen, it's a godsend. He finished it afetr only a year of work and was told to meet a messanger at an abandoned warehouse with the machine. He arrived at the warehouse at the given time and waited by the entrance. After about half an hour, he was about to leave, but something caught his eye over at another warehouse, and he quickly realised that he had been waiting at the other wrong warehouse all along. He quickly jogged over to the warehouse and met the messanger. He was told to give the messanger, who went by the name 'N', the machine, and then he would get his money. He did as he was told, but as soon as the messanger got the machine, he ran away. Ikaryu ran after N for what seemed like and hour and just as he rounded a corner, he ran head on into N, but N was with a group of thugs. The thugs beat Ikaryu up and took all of his possesions, including the clothes he was wearing and threw him into a portal created by the machine. He awoke in a dojo surrounded by ninja-in-training. He immediately knew he had been thrown in a portal bringing him back 500 years. His first emotion was panic, but then he realised how advantageous this situation could be. The time machine had been built from everyday parts, so he could build one in his current time. He figured he could train with these ninja and become very powerful then build a new time machine go back his own time and get medievle on his betrayer's ass. Once he has comleted his training, two of the thugs from the future appeared and ransacked his dojo, he was the only surviver. He now was even more enraged because his sensei had beenm brutally slaughtered, he went back to his own time. This is where he now finds himself.

Special abilities: Prescion aim from years of shuriken throwing, extremely dexterious and nimble, can lift twice his own
weight with his arms and triple it with his legs, he is extremly fast and moves silently, has the ability to make his shadow dissapear.

IQ: 169

Belt levels: Ninjitsu - 5th Degree Black, Judo - 2nd Degree Black, Karate - Black

Marital Status: Single and not looking

Note: Each his NG Battleground fights will be like him progressing through the fortress of his enemy, like each floor will be
a different battle, and when he reaches the final guy (which will be after a few battles) I will make a new NG Battlegrounds
character to participate.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 12:47:41

i'm fighting drako :)

But just so you know, when you click battle 2 in the second persons profile, it goes to the first scene instead =O

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 12:57:56

I'm up to battle, add me to MSN ( ssj_ryosain@hotmail.com )
If it's ok I'll add the Bios and stuff to the template. My guy's name is FBF MAN so he has to be fbf, but yours can be normal, here is a pic.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 13:02:52

I have a question. How can I make a cool Bullet Time Effect in Flash MX? Like a stick guy making a 360 degrees circle. I asked you this cuzz there are lots of goods flash arists that visit this topic like Luis.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 14:19:43

I'll battle you WhiteDragonKing. Here's a pic of my character. His name is Street Punk.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 14:37:52

Heres another screenshot of my toon.
I did want to take this opportunity to request that all battles be put on the portal after this first attempt by me. The battlegrounds club will get much more support and exposure if we kick it off with a reputable entry and get people excited about the concept.

-L

NG BattleGrounds Club

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:02:04

i already started mine, redman is quite the bitch to animate.

NG BattleGrounds Club

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:16:27

At 5/7/04 02:37 PM, _Luis_ wrote: Heres another screenshot of my toon.

arg.. your screenys look so good. I still cant think about what the reviews will say." why face someone you have no hope against?"
" LUIS IS BETTER OMG ROZZORZ."
i dont even wanna finish my toon, but i´ll have to since you would waste alot of your time and work if I dont finish.

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:32:17

plus i know where you live. and if you dont finish we may have a real life battle.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:38:52

well it appears there was a bit of some confusion so heres my character w/ bio so i hope someone will take me on

Name : Heavymetalhampster

Bio : Born in 1976 when rock/metal was becoming number #1 hits one after another, Even at the age of 1 he wanted to become a drugged-up Rockstar, so in 1987 when 11 after learning guitar for six years he brought rock music back to life after it died down in 1987/88 and he fucking rocked up the fucking house and become a fucking swearing maniac,

Arch Enemys : Simple Plan, Avril Lavigne, Poopmoose.

Heroes : Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Korn.

NG BattleGrounds Club

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:42:42

At 5/7/04 03:38 PM, -p00pm00s3- wrote: Heroes : Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Korn.

*applies for position*

burrrpppp

BBS Signature

Response to NG BattleGrounds Club 2004-05-07 15:45:48

At 5/7/04 03:42 PM, cap123 wrote:
At 5/7/04 03:38 PM, -p00pm00s3- wrote: Heroes : Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Korn.
*applies for position*

sure, post your bio and character

BBS Signature