00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

a125678298 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely

1,017 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First of all, this topic is about The Sims 2, not 3.

Basically, I don't think EA will be coming out with a Complete Collection of Sims 2, like they did with the original Sims, because there is more money to be made selling the expansion packs a-la-carte, or the entire game in "three easy payments" of $19.99.

Not only that, but EA seems to have shifted all focus on the new Sims 3.

Thoughts?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2011-11-17 16:19:23

Generally when a sequel comes out, the company that made them stops paying attention to the old ones. I doubt the Sims 2 will be getting any kind of expansion or complete collection pack, because everyones playing the third.

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2011-11-17 16:23:06

Maybe in several years, when we're on Sims 4.

I'm not surprised or angry about it really. There is a lot content and memory to Sims 2 than Sims 1. I imagine a load of PCs still wouldn't be able to handle the whole set of Sims 2.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2011-11-17 17:12:21

At 11/17/11 04:23 PM, Gagsy wrote: Maybe in several years, when we're on Sims 4.

Maybe by then there will be a "Sims 2 Complete Pack" on Steam.

I'm not surprised or angry about it really. There is a lot content and memory to Sims 2 than Sims 1. I imagine a load of PCs still wouldn't be able to handle the whole set of Sims 2.

I assume that when you say "memory" you're actually referring to hard drive space. Well, hard drives today are generally cheap, and often times you can get way more gigs for only a few bucks more. So it's not that big of an issue.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-22 19:28:25

BUMP!

As it turns out, EA has just released the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, which contains the core game and every single expansion ever released.

It is only available to those who've registered their Sims 2 game(s), or purchased one or more Sims 2 games or packs through Origin. So check your Origin account if you have.

Anyone else got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in their Origin account?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-22 19:50:43

You better be able to do this if you have the Double Deluxe version.

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-22 22:55:46

At 7/22/14 07:28 PM, Painbringer wrote: Anyone else got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in their Origin account?

Is there anything that doesn't require Origin anymore? It's either jewel case DRM free or nothing for me.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-22 23:20:54

At 7/22/14 10:55 PM, Jin wrote: Is there anything that doesn't require Origin anymore?

Non-EA games.

It's either jewel case DRM free or nothing for me.

So no games before or after 1993-2000?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-23 17:05:55

At 11/17/11 04:23 PM, Gagsy wrote: Maybe in several years, when we're on Sims 4.

Here we are, no word yet.

I don't see why not, we got people giving up like 70gb for WoW and it's expansions.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Sims 2 Complete Collection unlikely 2014-07-24 13:14:37

At 7/23/14 05:05 PM, darkjam wrote:
Here we are, no word yet.

Yes, word.

Also, it turns out you can download the sims 2 ultimate collection on origin FOR FREE. I'll try it later to see if it works, but if it does, that's something I wouldn't expect EA to do.