00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

America is the worst country ever.

13,749 Views | 114 Replies

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-12 14:44:29

At 12/12/11 02:08 AM, Ranger2 wrote:
I do believe Osama has been dead for 10 yrs. tho. How can you not find a tall afghani dude, with a giant dialysis machine with him where ever he goes? Doesn't sound right to me.
Then why did we not announce we killed him, when we would've killed him in the opening stages of the war? That would certainly be a huge boost to our side. Also, he was found in Pakistan. We were first looking at Afghanistan.

Yeah, honestly, wouldn't Bush have looked for any excuse to say that the war on terror was going well? I'd say that claiming to kill the man who allowed 9/11 to happen would have been a terrific thing to do in the early stages of the war, as it would have probably convinced Americans that they were doing the right thing. I really don't see why the American government would hide something like that. That'd be like them not announcing that Hitler had died during World War II. I don't doubt that they would cover up certain information, but I don't understand what would be the motive for not letting that bit of information get out.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-12 16:25:27

At 12/10/11 10:06 PM, WallofYawn wrote: Yes, we have freedom and Democracy. The question is: do we have ENOUGH freedom and Democracy? I think not.

Bitch, bitch. Moan, moan. Stop being so angrily jaded.

America is a great place to live. As Americans we are granted, by the mere fact of being American, so much over darn near everyone else in the world. If that isn't worth loving on some level, I don't know what is...

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-12 21:07:13

At 12/12/11 04:25 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/10/11 10:06 PM, WallofYawn wrote: Yes, we have freedom and Democracy. The question is: do we have ENOUGH freedom and Democracy? I think not.

America is a great place to live. As Americans we are granted, by the mere fact of being American, so much over darn near everyone else in the world. If that isn't worth loving on some level, I don't know what is...

But we progressively become less free every day. Let's not get complacent and say "we're freer than most, so we don't need to change". Our prison populations alone should indicate that America is not the freest country in the world.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-12 23:24:52

At 12/12/11 09:07 PM, MrFlopz wrote: But we progressively become less free every day. Let's not get complacent and say "we're freer than most, so we don't need to change". Our prison populations alone should indicate that America is not the freest country in the world.

I am not saying that this isn't true. There just tends to be too many people who make mountains out of grains of sand for the sole purpose of being able to say they are climbing a mountain. Shrinking freedoms (whilst we get more and more freedoms everyday) is no excuse to ridicule others for being proud and happy with what we have. It's like that fat kid from Harry Potter who gets like 36 presents but bitches and moans because he's getting one less than the year before.

Veruca Salt, anyone?

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-13 00:19:41

i knew America was bad, but not THAT bad.... woah

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-13 00:59:05

At 12/12/11 04:25 PM, Camarohusky wrote:

I'm not jaded. I'm just aware.

America is a great place to live.

Never said it wasn't.

As Americans we are granted, by the mere fact of being American, so much over darn near everyone else in the world. If that isn't worth loving on some level, I don't know what is...

I'm very proud of being American. I wouldn't say it's to a point of being nationalistic, and although I've never been to Europe, or the East, I'd say I enjoy living here rather well. It is the place of opportunity.

That being said, I still think we could do without the patriot act, or senate bill 1867.(aside from people complaining that it violates our civil rights, I just think the thing is a major waste of money. Our military/defense doesn't need THAT big a boost of funding. Even IF the terrorists are bombing/sabotaging us)

And I really wish we had less government, less taxes, get corporate lobbyists off the back of Washington, and institute more regulation/control over big businesses, and greater redistribution of wealth, but these are all personal views/gripes. I still agree with you that in terms of living conditions and freedom, the USA is still far superior to other countries. I was just saying that maybe we don't have enough. It seems unnoticeable, because we're all so comfortable, but we do have less rights.

In shear number of laws alone these days, they far outnumber the amount of laws 100, 50, even 30 years ago. Granted, some laws protect our rights, but many laws I believe are unnecessary, and do more harm than good. That's just me, though.

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-13 01:04:49

At 12/12/11 11:24 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 12/12/11 09:07 PM, MrFlopz wrote: But we progressively become less free every day. Let's not get complacent and say "we're freer than most, so we don't need to change". Our prison populations alone should indicate that America is not the freest country in the world.
I am not saying that this isn't true. There just tends to be too many people who make mountains out of grains of sand for the sole purpose of being able to say they are climbing a mountain. Shrinking freedoms (whilst we get more and more freedoms everyday) is no excuse to ridicule others for being proud and happy with what we have. It's like that fat kid from Harry Potter who gets like 36 presents but bitches and moans because he's getting one less than the year before.

Veruca Salt, anyone?

That all may be true, but what makes you think any of that even remotely refers to anything I said before. You make a leap between what I said, and what I actually meant by what I said. Nowhere in my sentence did I ever mention that I dislike being American. My mother may want to leave the United States, but I'm happy where I'm at.(yea, my mom is one of those people you described, tho to a lesser extent. She's just very untrusting of the USA, considers our government evil, and hasn't trusted the USA since her 30s I believe. She's also a big Ron Paul supporter, while I am more of a moderate social democrat/social libertarian.

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-18 21:49:38

i see what you did there :P

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-19 00:57:50

America is definitely not evil or the worst country ever , I don't even think a country can be evil .Men can be evil , a government can be evil, but a country is just an idea, a collection of land and people.

However it seems to me the U.S.A is quickly deteriorating , actually in a ghastly similar way to which roman republic did as they turned into an empire.To me it doesn't even seem like you have a working democracy , Obama was elected but turns out to be a corporatist clown and congress is just as bad with approval ratings at all time lows. You basically have a choice of two party's both of which just pander to corporations but pretend to be conservative or liberal with no effective difference in policy.

I don't know but if you don't do something soon the OP's sarcasm could become eerily like reality.

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-20 21:37:26

I agree with Thedo, I think some people gotta stop having such objective minds and need to stop thinking that America is either the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever.

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2011-12-23 23:45:27

america is not controlled by corporations

yet

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-01 13:26:45

At 12/12/11 04:25 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Bitch, bitch. Moan, moan. Stop being so angrily jaded.

;;;
Loving living on credit...isn't IMO a very good way to live.
The US Government, presently borrows its currency for the Fed
Every American is Washington's Collateral.

As A Canadian, who has a population of about 1/10th of the USofA our economy is vastly effected by the rise & more especially the FALL of the USofA.
And when that fall comes...& its coming, we are also screwed !

This link is to how your present system is a giant ponzi sceme...yet only poor old Bernie Madoff's in jail & his sceme in comparison to the USof A's present situation, is comparing a double scoop ice cream(Bernie) to East Antarctic Ice Sheet (Fed & US Gov)
http://lewrockwell.com/north/north1081.h tml

What is really scary, is the longer it takes the worse its going to be !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-01 16:07:39

At 1/1/12 02:29 PM, MrPercie wrote: yeah but then take something like how the americans dealt with the native american population and you can say they were somewhat evil in those conflicts.

but thats all really.

Or outright evil, then there's also the warcrimes in Vietnam and the Phillipines, but then those aren't very popular in the standard US education are they?

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-01 18:54:21

At 1/1/12 04:07 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 1/1/12 02:29 PM, MrPercie wrote: yeah but then take something like how the americans dealt with the native american population and you can say they were somewhat evil in those conflicts.

but thats all really.
Or outright evil, then there's also the warcrimes in Vietnam and the Phillipines, but then those aren't very popular in the standard US education are they?

I suppose that the British and other Europeans are innocent of enslaving almost all of Africa and most of Asia until the 1960s? Or that the Canadians and Australians did nothing bad to their indigenous populations either?

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-02 23:31:51

At 10/31/11 04:52 PM, AKACCMIOF wrote: Wow, another America is the best/ worst country ever thread. Its not like we had a billion of these already.

shut up?! why do people always waste their time to post about whether something someone posted should be posted or not? lol its so annoying, yes im a hypocrite

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-06 11:50:21

IF the Defense authorization act isn't Un American...THere is nothing done by any
President or Government worse guy's !
WHy do they (Fema) already have prisons built ?
WHy do they need to overthrow the rules of the Constitution ?

Unless they are setting up to do so ?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJones Channel

Its coming...& it'll be told to you...That its for your own good !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-06 23:09:42

If we actually want to get something out of this thread, then this bit seems to be the only thing that's remotely debatable.

You DO know this is a sarcastic thread calling to attention how everyone blames America for their problems? Some people just don't have the same sense of humor...It's called sarcasm for a reason, people!

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-07 10:59:53

If you need to be 13 Years Old to think that America sucks, then I'm a 13 years old.

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-07 11:55:31

At 10/31/11 01:38 PM, bcdemon wrote: Palestine was voted into UNESCO today.

this is the wonderful ;,)

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-07 17:45:39

At 1/1/12 06:54 PM, Ranger2 wrote: I suppose that the British and other Europeans are innocent of enslaving almost all of Africa and most of Asia until the 1960s? Or that the Canadians and Australians did nothing bad to their indigenous populations either?

Implying the average person had a say.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-07 18:49:37

i do get annoyed when people from the uk mostly say things like your country is so bad and imperialist. you are just ruining the middle east for oil and it's your fault because your country is a democracy and you can change it! they somehow think i started the wars in the middle east and i am even responsible for things that happened before i was born like the native americans being killed. funny thing is they are denying the british government even really started colonising north america and harming the natives..... they are just being ignorant, hateful, hypocritical and acting like they have had no education. it's just trendy to hate the u.s. and try to make us out to be vastly different evil people who are stupid and overweight. they have nothing better to do considering they are acting like dumbass fatass people, exactly those who they claim to be different from and hate.

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-11 10:26:06

but thats all really.

also we had the killing of 1,5 million german soldiers after ww2 in allied pow camps almost exclusively consripts that had no choice but to fight that were killed. also "somewhat evil" ? wtf !#? they paid you for indian scalps for gods sake !! also someone said all countries are somewhat evil so give me an example of when sweden was evil ? when people say that america is free thats just laughable, its as democratic as russia

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-11 10:36:34

At 1/1/12 06:54 PM, Ranger2 wrote:
At 1/1/12 02:29 PM, MrPercie wrote:

I suppose that the British and other Europeans are innocent of enslaving almost all of Africa and most of Asia until the 1960s? Or that the Canadians and Australians did nothing bad to their indigenous populations either?

once aGAIN someone generalises all of europe *quadroplefacepalm* france spain portugal brittain and the netherlands were the only countries that had colonies of significance (italy from 1911 to 1950-ish) when have sweden,iceland,denmark,norway,luxembourg ,lichtenstein,estonia,switzerland ever done anything wrong ? (andorra,sicilly,ireland...)

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-16 16:09:10

in one side of it yea sure but if you think about the economic aspect except really recently America has been quite a better country then that of for example Africa and yes i guess we medal a little to much but then again for example trade routes who keeps them open basically... the us. So in terms of world yea we have a big roll which has lead to our countries current debt but on human rights perspective we are vastly better then that such as China

That guy

Response to America is the worst country ever. 2012-01-17 03:35:36

Plain old Stupidity to blame another _country_ for everyone elses problems..
But also stupid (taken into account, in my pov..) to say that America is a free country, though I understand that behind such a statement could be phenomenon called "patriotism", but at same time certainly lacks a point of comparison, living in another country and familiarise with its politics _openminded_

That would be the point I'd like everyone to think; How can I, as individual, be more understanding and openminded and make the world better place to everyone with my OWN actions, and not to blame others (especially friggin' countries! Wtf! Lol! :P)

And u r free to hate me if I forgot something
Ps. sry for misspellings and stuff, not my nativelanguage..