00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The concept of Marriage

4,118 Views | 33 Replies

Response to The concept of Marriage 2011-10-23 13:47:38

At 10/23/11 01:09 PM, adamflecko wrote: I think that marriage does serve a purpose, if you get an amazing person and you want to make sure they're yours for a really long time you marry them, it's a lot more certain than just being boyfriend and girlfriend.

If you think you're truly in love then you shouldn't need a pointless ceremony to confirm it. All it is is money out of your pocket.

Response to The concept of Marriage 2011-10-24 18:26:20

i knew everything you were going to talk about just by reading the first 3 sentences. So...

It might be a personal choice for people to become one in marriage, even if they know it's not religious. Though things like tax laws about marriage. a married couple gets more income. So it might feel good to go solo, you will eventually want more.

Response to The concept of Marriage 2011-10-24 18:32:32

At 10/14/11 10:47 PM, StCyril wrote: So lately I've been reading articles that question whether the concept of marriage is an out-of-date ideal. I personally could not be more offended by that.

I'm with you on this.

1. Many people believe that the concept of marriage is becoming out-of-date.

I agree with what you said here. Marriage is becoming less of a social/life statement and purely a legal contract.

2. Marriage is a joke and mostly ends in divorce.

Yep. And this is mostly tied to (1) and also the fickle behavior of Western relationships. Dating is more trivial and "breaking up" is much easier to do in marriage if you have had practice being unfaithful.

Plus let us not forget, infidelity is less of a crime these days. Where once it would have gotten you blugeoned to death with rocks, now no one bats an eye at it.

Adultery is still illegal in some US states - which is very surprising.

3. Marriage serves no purpose.

I'm surprised to read such a sensible paragraph on BBS.

Also, marriage (again if taken seriously) is a spiritual, symbiotic bond that strengthens two people for the rest of their lives.

This.

BBS Signature

Response to The concept of Marriage 2011-10-24 18:37:15

At 10/15/11 12:40 AM, StCyril wrote:
At 10/15/11 12:21 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: So you find things socially unacceptable because of their visceral properties, i.e. their appearance?
standing out for the point of standing out? YES!

I find this a bit disturbing, so by your logic everyone should be made to wear uniforms that some prick approves of so no one can stand out.