00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread.

18,555 Views | 178 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-04 20:35:48

The first numbered entry in the Mario kart series (8th if you count that arcade game) is coming out for the 3ds on December 4th.

Here's a preview.

Here's a trailer.

The game introduces gliding (cool) and underwater (meh) racing to the series, and some customizable karts.

I'm looking forward to a good use of my friend list, and according to early report, a good use of the system's 3d.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-04 21:48:38

At 9/4/11 08:54 PM, Cootie wrote: Bleh, Mario Kart is too much about getting random OP power-ups. I would prefer if it was more like Blur where you have to work to mess up the people in front of you enough to pass them.

I kinda agree, i just wished they nerfed the power-ups just a little, and by a little i mean a lot, then it would be a decent game to play.

Loose Pussy Lips

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-04 22:21:46

At 9/4/11 08:54 PM, Cootie wrote:
Bring back the coin system from the first game. You used to collect coins on the track that gave you a slight speed boost and being hit by an item made you lose coins. The speed boost wasn't much. But if two guys are close to each other on a straight away the guy with the most coins will win.

I don't know, but Mario games are played out in my opinion.

Loose Pussy Lips

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-04 23:03:15

If they fix the system where the guy in first place gets crap power ups and the losers get awesome power ups, then I would be pretty excited.

I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam

In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 01:41:19

They better bring back Donkey Kong Jr. in this one.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 04:19:18

it sounds cool, but i don't have a 3ds...
I WANT THE GAME!!!

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 04:29:04

willI don't feel this thread will

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 05:06:00

At 9/4/11 09:58 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 9/4/11 09:48 PM, Yoshi-Dus-Not wrote:
At 9/4/11 08:54 PM, Cootie wrote: Bleh, Mario Kart is too much about getting random OP power-ups. I would prefer if it was more like Blur where you have to work to mess up the people in front of you enough to pass them.
I kinda agree, i just wished they nerfed the power-ups just a little, and by a little i mean a lot, then it would be a decent game to play.
Bring back the coin system from the first game. You used to collect coins on the track that gave you a slight speed boost and being hit by an item made you lose coins. The speed boost wasn't much. But if two guys are close to each other on a straight away the guy with the most coins will win.

Judging by the trailer, it seems that the coin system will be re-introduced. When they get rid of the whole ''loser gets awesome power-ups'' system, it will be a somewhat more fair game to play.

New tune: Yag

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 05:14:51

At 9/5/11 04:29 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: willI don't feel this thread will

My apologies.

I don't think this thread is really going to go anywhere, there's simply almost nothing to discuss.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 05:33:37

At 9/4/11 08:54 PM, Cootie wrote: Bleh, Mario Kart is too much about getting random OP power-ups.

Well I think only Mario Kart Wii had a huge luck factor playing in it. Even if you were by far the best racer, you could get fucked over so badly that you still ended up in the nether regions.

In Mario Kart 64 you could win by a mile from the number 2 if you were really good at it. The only real danger were the blue shields and environment. I believe in Double Dash there wasn't so much luck involved either.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 06:38:04

You do realize you can shut them off and tone them down in Mario Kart Wii, don't you? Honestly, I think having ridiculously overpowered items adds to the fun and hilarity of it. There's more fun in trashing all of the other racers than there is in simply coming first. But the best option would be to allow it to be customized. Not to mention overpowered items does allow for people that aren't as good at the game to have a fighting chance.

A few of the things I would have liked to see in Mario Kart Wii were to bring back random character and car selection, bring back more retro tracks (I can't understand why they brought some and not others), and allow you to select which items appear and which ones don't (the way Super Smash Bros lets you decide). More characters and the ability to change their colors (like playing a blue Yoshi) would also be appreciated.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 08:21:28

I'm hoping this will turn out well. I was disappointed with Mario Kart Wii and hated it when I had my friends wanted to play this fucking game every fucking time. Mario Kart 7 is looking good so far but to make me really happy, they better keep those annoying baby characters away as well as nerfing the power ups. That shit was ridiculous in Mario Kart Wii.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 12:23:53

I would just appreciate the lack of blue shell.

Anyways, I've played all (except the SNES) the games, and my hands-down favourite has to be Double Dash. The co-op was not really needed, but the drifting, tight tracks, and actual skill it took to use items always left my friends in the dust.

Definitly my favourtie gamecube game.

I hope they re-implement some sort of character specific item function like in double dash though.

I sense that the under-water racing will just slow things down. As with almost all underwater segments, they simply slow down the game and reduce your traction.

The air segemtns seem like they would be more fun, especially if you have to dodge obstcles on your descent.

Customizable karts could provide some degree of driving style that could differ from person to person, and if they make enough design choices, it could provide a layer of depth (depth in a Mario Kart game!?) to multiplayer.

Overall I'm excited for this, and if it can replecate the multiplayer experience of Double Dash, I'd be really, really happy.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 12:44:30

At 9/5/11 12:23 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Definitly my favourtie gamecube game.

I never purchased Double dash, which I deeply regret. I did rent it however and found it to be quite fun, but not the best in the series. I like it better when there is 1 kart, and one driver. So or me, MK 64 is my favourite of the series.

Overall I'm excited for this, and if it can replecate the multiplayer experience of Double Dash, I'd be really, really happy.

I concur, the underwater sections and hangglider thingys look great. I'm very glad I bought a 3ds now =)

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 13:20:01

I've played mario kart DS, 64, and wii, but i feel that DS is very underrated game. Also, the blue shell is very necessary. It can make the last second difference in a race. If they trashed the guy-in-first--place-gets shitty items system, that would make the game a lot funner instead of having to rely on drift boosts to stay ahead.

But this game does look like it will be pretty good, lets just hope that they bring more kart and character customization this time around.

Butt is wet.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-05 14:56:47

the concept of flying and driving underwater is somewhat cool i suppose. it's not something that excites me enough to buy this right off the shelf, as i am content with Mario Kart Wii.

the customizable options are a nice bonus however. if this game comes through with a great multiplayer experience, i'll definitely join the party.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-13 16:15:00

This trailer for Mario Kart 7 looks pretty cool.

Notice how Daisy glided on top of that rooftop? A shortcut you can't reach from the ground.

I also noticed how you could either ride on top of some iceburgs, or underwater beneath them.

Also, a trippy first person mode.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-09-13 18:28:57

I'm quite excited. Mario Kart has always been Nintendo's best online game, the return of coins seems to be adding a bit more depth, and the underwater and gliding mechanics look like they'll be used to make tracks more complex without being incomprehensible. Customization options, 3D effects, new items, classic courses, 1st person view, and all the weird StreetPass type things that Nintendo likes are merely added bonuses.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-10-06 17:12:31

RACOON TAIL!!!

Obviously, a new powerup has been revealed. The racoon tail from SMB3.

Other things I found interesting in those screenshots were a gigantic ballon Toad, and a littlE known powerup known as the F**CKING METAL HAT FROM MARIO 64 HOLY CRAP THIS GAME LOOKS GOOD!!!

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-10-27 21:10:31

3 trailers.

A new powerup that gives 7 powerups in one.

New tracks seem cool, and first person mode looks decentyl interesting.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-10-28 23:03:06

Just preordered Mario Kart 7 at Gamestop. Can't wait for the release.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-29 16:05:28

Apparently "snaking" (where you can drift on a straight way and get really far ahead of the other racers) is being removed from this game. On-line could be more fun then, atleast.

Coins that give you lsight speed boosts are back, but can also be used to buy new customiseable parts for your Kart.

I probably will wait for Christmas for this one, since i have games I want to finish before I lose myself in this Mario Kart like I have in every other series installement.

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-29 18:44:12

The first wave of reviews are in, and they seem positive! On average, they seem to be in the 85 to 90 out of 100 range, with the standard outliers.

Generally Agreed Pros:
*Flying is fun and adds strategy
*Great online multiplayer, possibly Nintendo's best yet
*New items and coins work well
*Refined and balanced by series standards
*Plenty of content
*Imaginative courses
*Excellent Replay Value

Generally Agreed Cons:
*Too few characters
*Same kind of game we've played before
*Underwater is a bit sluggish

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-30 02:35:05

Get anything for pre-ordering it like the tanooki suit Mario key-chain from
Gamestop?

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-30 20:05:12

Lol, this is the dumbest new character to add to the games ever. Who asked for this?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-30 20:20:58

At 11/30/11 08:05 PM, ZJ wrote: Lol, this is the dumbest new character to add to the games ever. Who asked for this?

So many better choices...

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-30 21:31:18

At 11/30/11 08:05 PM, ZJ wrote: Lol, this is the dumbest new character to add to the games ever. Who asked for this?

As long as the make Rainbow road inspired by Mario Galaxy again, I'm fine with it.

I just want my Shy Guys.

Shy guys...

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-11-30 21:36:31

Pretty cool, but still not enough reason to blow 170 on a gimmicky system just for this game.

Not saying that MK7 is bad, its epic, it's just not enough good games for the 3DS.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-12-01 17:36:50

At 11/30/11 09:31 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
As long as the make Rainbow road inspired by Mario Galaxy again, I'm fine with it.

I just want my Shy Guys.

Shy guys...

Damn there's gonna be a rainbow road inspired by Galaxy? Cream my shorts.

BBS Signature

Response to Mario Kart 7 Ofiicial thread. 2011-12-01 20:07:23

At 12/1/11 05:36 PM, Anti-pie wrote:
At 11/30/11 09:31 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

I just want my Shy Guys.

Shy guys...
Damn there's gonna be a rainbow road inspired by Galaxy? Cream my shorts.

Sorry, you may have misinterprated me. In Mario Kart Wii, Rainbow road was heavily inspired by Galaxy, most notably for it's use of Star slingshots and Star bits.

Rosalina also made an appearance in it along with her Black Luma.

MK7 includes the Queen Bee as a character, so there might be a chance of another Rainbow road that feels like a Galaxy world.