00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sammytheB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation Process

2,747 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Animation Process 2011-08-31 18:50:09

My animation skills aren't so good so.

1. Idea
2. Voice Acting or Music
3. Draw Characters
4.Start animating
5. Get done or procrastinate for a few days.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Animation Process 2011-09-02 17:17:19

1. Plot
2. Characters
3. Rough script
4. Annoying animation first (fight scenes tough stuff)
5. Talkies
6. Polish Script
7. Voice Actors and sound syncing
8. Edit
9. ???
10. Profit!!!!

Response to Animation Process 2011-09-03 10:13:45

My film making process is:

1. Idea> - Every time I have a film idea I write it on a piece of paper and keep them all in an envelope. I made an influence map to document where I get my ideas from

2. Concept Art - If I think one of them has a good message I'll draw some pictures just pencil drawings.
3. Plot - I'll do a plot outline of things that will happen
4. Storyboard/Animatic - Rough storyboard which may include music already
5. Drawing characters in flash - Doing a pencil drawing, scanning, then trace. Mouth is a symbol.
6. Pre-loader and setting up the FLA file

7-9 can be all happening at once

7. Rough animation for complex scenes or Straight clean animation. Usually while listening to music, sermons, stand-up comedy, documentaries, a movie or in silence. Yes sometimes I get too distracted by them.

8. Voice recording - $100 usb mic, and just in my room

9. Lipsync - I usually just create 7 or so mouth shapes in a graphic symbol and duplicate it depending on how many expressions the character will have. Lately I've been adding in betweens to the mouth shapes but not within the symbol. Also I've been using Stream only while working on lipsync then changing it to Event with the audio mp3 format and found it to still be fairly good syncing up while keeping the file size down.

10. Sound effects - I have a bit audio library from uni otherwise whatever I can find free online, or I make it myself.

I had a lot of trouble making Spud - Pat 1 with my process. I'd create the animated storyboard then think it was rubbish, go back to script and storyboard, then change the concept art, animate a scene then throw it out. Just all over the place. Creating a series where everything has to tie together is hard for me because I have to keep thinking about it from beginning to end.

Remember when animating, first animate the scenes that will definitely be in the film, because you may change your mind or realise it needs changing.

Hope that was beneficial...

Response to Animation Process 2011-09-03 10:15:08

Oh I forgot

11. Sumbit

Response to Animation Process 2011-09-07 22:16:06

At 9/4/11 07:30 PM, Otto wrote: 1. start
2. find shit that I need as I go along
3. tweak endlessly
4. never finish

are we the same person? i belive we are

ama gon chill