00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Medieval warfare vs modern warfare

7,746 Views | 53 Replies

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 05:30:40

In medieval times, if you hated someone, you just told him straight away or punched him the face.

In modern times, deception, lying, and manipulation has changed that.

Which one is more brutal? You be the judge.

Yes deception existed before but fuck you man if you quote me and say "dude manipulation and lying existed in the medieval times and it had more dire results back then like in..." then I won't hesitate to go medieval on your ass.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 09:49:03

Medieval is way more brutal, more painful weapons and horrible torture devices. Modern warfare is still quite brutal, but probably not as painful. I'd rather be shot in the head than be stabbed to be honest, if I had to choose.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 09:52:23

At 8/20/11 10:59 PM, KieranNG wrote: theres no such thing as cod medeval warfare u idot

He doesn't mean the game Modern Warfare, he means real life. You know.. outside. Are you 10?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 09:57:38

Medieval warfare. Not only were arrows a bitch to deal with, swords, maces, halberds, etc, but if you were captured and weren't a knight you would be executed probably immediately. Today, if somebody gets captured, they are usually broken free by their allies or released by their captors.

Also have you ever heard of a Murder hole? It is a 14th century architectural design used to destroy mass amounts of foot soldiers and knights with either arrows, burning substances or other devastating objects.

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 09:57:53

At 8/20/11 10:49 PM, Makeshift wrote: Medieval, definitely.

Cringe.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 09:58:00

Medieval was more brutal. Conventional warfare is almost dead nowadays, at least between developed countries. Now it's basically all about who has more nukes.

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 10:20:47

I guess medieval warfare would probably be worse because it would take a longer time to die. Imagine all the pain you would go through by having swords and spears rammed through you, not to mention all the deaths caused from infection (which is what most people died from in those days). With modern guns you can die in an instant (or so I have imagined) so it would probably be more preferrable with a death like that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 18:59:30

Religiuos Medieval Warfare

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 19:01:42

At 8/20/11 10:59 PM, KieranNG wrote: theres no such thing as cod medeval warfare u idot

I hope you're not this retarded.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 19:09:13

imagine straped to a bed/table like device feet to hands and being strecthed and being poked with sharp object man that horrible

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 19:14:57

I think everyone would rather get shot, blown up or even burnt alive (last one debatable) then be butchered by a sword or axe. The sheer brutality of Medieval times not just warfare near enough anything is hard to believe. Iron maidens anyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 19:22:08

At 8/20/11 10:55 PM, Gerbil wrote: anal warfare

So, medieval warfare then?

PsychoZoid/Andrew Berry: The most uninteresting man in the world

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 19:45:14

Depends on how you define brutal. I mean, modern warfare kills a lot more people due to bombs and such. But the single medieval killings are a lot more brutal on a singular level.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 20:00:20

Medieval Warfare, why have a m4a1 rifle when you have this!

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 20:17:51

I was searching for some medieval torture methodes, you should check this

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 21:52:58

Swords are brutal because if mid battle you got stabbed deep in the stomach you would fall and die very slowly as hundred of other soldiers trampled all over you. Brutal.

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 21:55:34

Medieval, have you seen all the medieval torture methods?

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 21:58:17

At 8/20/11 10:54 PM, TheLameChildren wrote: Those both suck, I'm waiting for Battlefield 3

lmfao, we aren't talking about video games here

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 23:17:19

At least in Modern Warfare, you have advanced medical equipment to repair broken bones, gunshot wounds and the like, of course that can be counterbalanced with the fact that NBC {Nuclear, Bio and Chemical} weapons are much more available, not to mention the tanks, guns, etc. that have are far more destructive than anything in the past could ever imagine.

With that said, Medieval Warfare was probably the worst type of warfare in history, partly because much of the combat was hand to hand, and people's guts were spilling out, heads and limbs were hacked off at a frequent pace, and even a minor wound could be deadly because there were little in terms of treatment, other than bandages or leeches.

Of course, you could say that much about any war, {particularly in the U.S. Civil War} but with so much advancements in war and in the medical field over the last 500 years or so, it's a far different deal to get injured in 1500 compared to 2011.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 23:19:37

Medieval kills people more horribly. Modern kills people more overall.

Go fuck yourself.

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 23:21:51

Modern Warfare: "Oooh look at me I'm going to hide behind this wall and pop up every now and again to shoot off a few rounds as cover fire."

Medieval Warfare: "Ahhhhhh! I'm going to stab you in the chest with my fucking sword and then gut your friend over there and bash that guy in the face with my shield and then decapitate that guy with my axe!"

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-21 23:46:27

Warfare in Medieval times was more brutal for sure. People getting their heads sliced off, guts getting ripped apart by axes and shit... crazy.

But war today is definitely a more dangerous game. You can be the best soilder but it doesn't mean shit becuase a bullet can catch you in the head or neck and its lights out. Now you have explosives to take into account too. War is going to keep on getting more and more dangerous as the years go on.

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-22 00:15:15

At 8/21/11 01:05 AM, Gagsy wrote: Everything medieval was more brutal. Humans just didn't give a fuck about others at all back then. However they could maim, torture, kill someone they just would.

Did someone torture you when you were little?

My book of faces

My Xbox Gamertag: AngeltheArson

How about you check out the cool shirts we make by clicking on my sig? ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Medieval warfare vs modern warfare 2011-08-22 00:18:55

At 8/22/11 12:15 AM, AngelSierra wrote: Did someone torture you when you were little?

Not nearly enough.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature