00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bimbam555 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Homosexuality

2,768 Views | 41 Replies

Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:40:25

I know there are a lot of homosexuals in the world. and homosexuality is not something I'm against. I'm friends with a few gays. the problem I have is when people say that they can't help it. To me, thats one of the most offensive things you can say about a gay person. It makes it like homosexuality is some kind of disease. something they don't want to have. the gays I know have said many times that they choose to be gay. that they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it. when you say, "he can't help but like guys", that makes him seem even worse. like someone can't be gay unless there's something wrong with the person. homosexuality is a choice. they choose it just like I choose to be straight. If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

*DISCLAIMER*
this not intended to offend anyone. if your offended, oh well.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:45:37

"guys it's cool, I have a few friends and they say they totally just want to be gay, it's not genetic or anything. So that should apply to every gay person"

Yea, your argument holds no water. At all. Thanks to those above me who got the point across pretty quick

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:22

You're gay.

/helping

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:47

Hm yeah okay, not really. Tell me, can you choose what kind of girls you are attracted to? I mean, you can't like tall, blonde skinny girls one day then like bald, toothless obese ones the next. Just like you can't choose to like girls one day and guys the next.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:53

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:50:00

People don't choose to be gay.

Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:50:29

There are genetic pre-dispositions to homosexuality.
In the animal kingdom there is about the same percentage of gays as there are in humans.

However, I don't think that its all nature, I think that some of it is nurture.
Do you know anyone who was born with a foot fetish? Or knew that they liked latex and leather when they were five?

DJHeat=my hero! (at least 4 the next half hr. Then i'll be all like DJHeat whodat? lol balls)

IF I SEEM GAY TO YOU THEN READ THIS THREAD

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:55:42

To continue...

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it

Because they were born that way.

when you say, "he can't help but like guys", that makes him seem even worse.

Even worse you say? Sounds like some deep-rooted prejudice.

like someone can't be gay unless there's something wrong with the person.

So you're okay with people being gay by choice, but if they were born gay it would be unnatural...

they choose it just like I choose to be straight.

I really hope you're trolling.

If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

Religion is a construct of man, which has no relation to your genes. Homosexuality, I'd argue, is not. It occurs in animals as well, just to drive the point home that it's a nature thing.

Also to Malt-Shake: I think some sexual preferences could be "nature". Part of why they may not realize they like it is they haven't been exposed to it. Just like some people find different features attractive, somebody could for example really find feet attractive, hence having a foot fetish. But I think it does also depend on the persons life.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:06:11

At 7/1/11 11:55 PM, Emarius wrote:
At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it
Because they were born that way.

Disregarding most everything else in this topic. I never understood why people say they are "proud" for a condition they were born into. You can't take pride in something you have no control over. You really can't be "Proud to be gay" or "Proud to be black" or "Proud to be American"

Now, being proud of overcoming obstacles by being born gay is a different story.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:07:34

looks like very few people understand what I'm saying. i doubt most of you even read the whole thing. you read 1 sentence and assumed i was spewing hate. I have nothing wrong with people being gay. I have something wrong with the people who make it sound like they have a birth defect.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:10:53

You choose to be straight? What's your secret?

Seriously, though, what? If I weren't hopelessly sexually attracted to girls I'd have no fucking reason to have to talk to them at all.

You're so moronic it's actually quite funny.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:12:38

No dude, we read the whole thing. If we only read one sentence you would look a whole lot less retarded.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:14:16

Theres nothing offensive about saying "He cant help but like guys", its like saying "He cant help but be a genius". Just because you cant help doing something doesn't mean what you cant help but do is bad :/

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:15:17

At 7/2/11 12:09 AM, Piss wrote: You're clearly just misinterpreting.

Why? Why can't they just want to be gay? Why do they have to be gay? Why does it have to be something out of their control?

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:20:01

Gravity dosenent exshmist guize peepral juss chews to fall guize. OP is an idiot.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:21:09

At 7/2/11 12:15 AM, Smittytheghost wrote:
At 7/2/11 12:09 AM, Piss wrote: You're clearly just misinterpreting.
Why? Why can't they just want to be gay? Why do they have to be gay? Why does it have to be something out of their control?

its like a favourite icecream. If you hate strawberry and like chocolate than you cant force yourself to love strawberry and hate chocolate. Its not a disease, it's not offensive.

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:21:54

At 7/1/11 11:42 PM, Piss wrote: Probably the stupidest thread I've seen today.

it still would be if i made one too and thats like damn nom sayn

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:28:04

I could go for a guy, I could go for a girl, but it's not really the sex that matters. It's the person who you are attracted to.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:

: I have no sexual orientation

: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:38:36

You dun' offended people. You dun' goofed.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:45:10

At 7/2/11 12:40 AM, Space-Whale wrote:
At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: I'm friends with a few gays.
I'm not racist, I have a black friend. I will proceed to tell a horrible racist joke, because it's justified.

Yes, because this whole thing is one big slap to the face of gays. Read the damn topic.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 02:52:50

It is important here to draw a distinction between homosexuality, a cultural entity and a descriptor peculiar to modern Western culture, and attraction to people of the same sex. It is possible to be attracted to people of the same sex without being A Homosexual; many people throughout history, possibly including even James Buchanan, managed to pull off such a seemingly absurd feat. But, of course, that feat only seems absurd to people who have fully internalized modern Western culture.

If homosexuality in the modern Western conception and same-sex attraction were truly the same, what of the existence of "men who have sex with men" -- men who are clearly attracted to the same sex, but who still refuse to identify as A Homosexual?

At 7/2/11 12:06 AM, AlphaCentauri wrote: You can't take pride in something you have no control over. You really can't be "Proud to be gay" or "Proud to be black" or "Proud to be American"

Except it is clear that many people are proud of such things, so they quite obviously can. What you are saying is that they should not. Why might that be? What exactly is this concept of "pride" anyway?

At 7/2/11 12:14 AM, micky315 wrote: Theres nothing offensive about saying "He cant help but like guys", its like saying "He cant help but be a genius". Just because you cant help doing something doesn't mean what you cant help but do is bad :/

Except the implication is that, if he could help it, he would. Or at least that it is somehow unfortunate that his condition (n.b. "condition" is generally used to refer to a negative thing! notice how natural it seems in this context) cannot be rectified.

wolf piss

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 02:55:07

Homosexuality was once a disease back in the 80's and 90's when it was known as HIV.
True story.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:04:55

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote:

>choose to be gay
>choose to be straight.

Uhhhhh...right.

>If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

Fucking genetics, how do they work?

Homosexuality

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:07:28

At 7/2/11 02:55 AM, iPumas wrote: Homosexuality was once a disease back in the 80's and 90's when it was known as HIV.
True story.

So it's still a disease today by your logic?

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:10:57

Its offensive to say that you were born straight coz dat means you didn't have a choice.
Its offensive to say that you were born white coz dat means you didn't have a choice.
Its offensive to say that you were born male coz dat means you didn't have a choice.
Its offensive to say that...

Ahhh you get the fucking point.

DJHeat=my hero! (at least 4 the next half hr. Then i'll be all like DJHeat whodat? lol balls)

IF I SEEM GAY TO YOU THEN READ THIS THREAD

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:12:23

At 7/2/11 03:07 AM, All-American-Badass wrote:
At 7/2/11 02:55 AM, iPumas wrote: Homosexuality was once a disease back in the 80's and 90's when it was known as HIV.
True story.
So it's still a disease today by your logic?

HIV is in fact still a disease. Don't confuse that with AIDS, which is a syndrome, hence the S in it's name.

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:19:36

At 7/2/11 03:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: as the only fag here

oi

wolf piss

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:37:51

At 7/2/11 03:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: as the only fag here I will tell you this - you cannot choose what makes your dick hard. It just knows.

I'm also a fag, and I approve this message.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:41:03

At 7/2/11 03:22 AM, thdrkside wrote: Everyone is bisexual.

Got any evidence for that?

wolf piss