00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Disliked games you enjoy?

5,204 Views | 78 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 15:40:21

The title pretty much sums it up.

1. Killing Floor - most critics said it was boring, the graphics weren't good and the voice acting wasn't all that great. I don't know what their problem was, I really liked the monster sounds and looks. The maps are pretty well designed. The graphics look just fine to me and are actually pretty good for it's 2009 release. I love the heavy metal/hardcore DnB soundtrack. And I just overall had fun with it.

2. Saints Row 2 - The main gripe is it's a GTA IV clone. I just liked the overall sheer amount of mini games, the cartoon themed graphics. And all the wonderful customization.

3. Call of Duty: World at War - This is probably the only CoD I truly enjoyed, I mainly liked it for the campaign, the gore, and of course nazi zombies.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:04:06

All 3 of those are liked a lot.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:08:24

At 6/19/11 04:04 PM, Jackho wrote: All 3 of those are liked a lot.

They were usually either disliked by either critics or gamers. Some more than others.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:11:50

Duke Nukem Forever and all my shitty gamecube games.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:21:25

I don't know if no one liked it, but Granstream Saga is a really fucking good game. I don't know why it didn't get more recognition.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:24:16

Brink.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:39:30

Metro 2033. Been playing it and everyone keeps telling me that it's a shitty fps. I got the game for $5 on Steam and I'm pretty impressed with it. The atmosphere is amazing and the way it plays is really good. The community of the metros make it sound real and the eerie sounds when you are alone in the dark tunnels are frightening (especially with the ghosts and the tubes talking to you). The AI may not be the best, but the stealth is pretty good (using light and what not). The story is also pretty interesting.

You can't go guns blazing or else you will get your ass kicked and you gotta manage your inventory. It is a bit difficult to navigate your way through the game and the shooting mechanics aren't impressive, but it's still playable.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:43:26

Well, Titan Quest would probably apply, since alot of reviews said that it is only a bad copy of Diablo II, but I honestly enjoyed playing that game.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:43:40

Final Fantasy X seems to be hated by the majority. I know more people that hated it than liked it yet I enjoyed the adventurous feel the game had. Of course, the very last part of the game sucks but at least I enjoy most of it.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 16:45:28

At 6/19/11 04:39 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Metro 2033. Been playing it and everyone keeps telling me that it's a shitty fps.

Who do you talk to? I've only ever heard one person say bad things about it and that was Ken fucking Burton.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:03:52

Duke Nukem Forever.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:21:24

At 6/19/11 04:08 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote:
At 6/19/11 04:04 PM, Jackho wrote: All 3 of those are liked a lot.
They were usually either disliked by either critics or gamers. Some more than others.

KF got generally positive reviews and I haven't met anyone who didn't like it. SR2 got great reviews and only very few people didn't like it. CoD only got hate when MW2 came out.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:24:39

I've said it in a previous thread, but Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:31:29

a handful of sonic games that came out after 2004

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:36:04

At 6/19/11 03:40 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: 1. Killing Floor - most critics said it was boring

Just about everyone else loves it, though. Me included.

And who cares what critics think, anyway?

2. Saints Row 2 - The main gripe is it's a GTA IV clone.

Woah, wait a second, who said that?

I don't recall throwing people about like paper or hot dog suits being in GTA IV.

And isn't SR2 pretty well liked by most?

3. Call of Duty: World at War

I'm with you on that one. I think it's almost up to par with the first two.

And that reminds me, one of my examples is Call of Duty 3.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:42:49

At 6/19/11 04:43 PM, Bahamut wrote: Final Fantasy X seems to be hated by the majority. I know more people that hated it than liked it yet I enjoyed the adventurous feel the game had. Of course, the very last part of the game sucks but at least I enjoy most of it.

This was the first ever RPG that I sunk major time into, about 80+ hours.

And isn't SR2 pretty well liked by most?

Saints Row 2 is almost universally adored as the ultimate game for fucking around.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 17:58:29

At 6/19/11 04:45 PM, Makeshift wrote:
Who do you talk to? I've only ever heard one person say bad things about it and that was Ken fucking Burton.

Him, my high school friends (who only play Herpderp Milkfare 2), a couple of my college friends (who also only play the main stream games like Call of Duty, Madden, and Halo), some newgrounders, and my older brother (who has never played the game before).

The game is excellent so far. I'm on chapter 5.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 18:26:31

Two Worlds. I thought that game was really awesome and it has terrible reviews. I can see why though. The game definitely feels like it needs a lot of polish, but I think the reviews are far harsher than the game deserved. If you were able to look past the minor flaws (and they were minor. Nothing game breaking) then there was hours of RPG fun to be had. I liked it so much I bought the second game, which feels totally different and is in many ways far better.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 19:37:03

At 6/19/11 03:40 PM, Magic-Mushroom wrote: 3. Call of Duty: World at War - This is probably the only CoD I truly enjoyed, I mainly liked it for the campaign, the gore, and of course nazi zombies.

I'm with you on that one!

1. Brutal Legend
2. Eat Lead: The Legend of Matt Hazard
3. Duke Nukem Forever.

I actually really enjoy all of these games constantly.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 22:53:54

Superman 64 - This is one of my guilty pleasures. The music is uninspiring, the graphics aren't too good even for an N64 game, let alone an N64 game in 1999. The controls were wonky at times and the story was absolute crap even for a Superman game. But I still love this fucking game, when I play it I have fun playing it.

CastleVania II: Simon's Quest - I will admit that Superman 64 is a guilt pleasure, but CastleVania II I think gets a bad rap. CastleVania was already an action platformer and taking that and putting it into an Adventure game seemed like an odd concept, but I think it worked. There are some cryptic things that are hard to figure out without a guide and the day to night mechanic could have been done better, but overall this game was still good.

CastleVania 64 - While CastleVania II had it's flaws, this game only had two flaws in my eyes and they were an uncooperative camera and lock on battling. CastleVania's first transition to 3D was still a great game though keeping that same CastleVania atmosphere and having a wonderful story with multiple endings depending on how long it took you to do certain things.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-19 23:16:56

I actually enjoyed playing FF XIII

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 00:00:48

At 6/19/11 06:26 PM, Dean wrote: Two Worlds. I thought that game was really awesome and it has terrible reviews. I can see why though. The game definitely feels like it needs a lot of polish, but I think the reviews are far harsher than the game deserved. If you were able to look past the minor flaws (and they were minor. Nothing game breaking) then there was hours of RPG fun to be had. I liked it so much I bought the second game, which feels totally different and is in many ways far better.

You know, I bought the special edition of Two Worlds and I thought it was fun as well. I don't get Xbox live though, so part of the whole experience was lost there. My main complaint is that, at the end, it was WAY TOO FUCKING EASY and the Final Boss fight didn't even seem like it was the final boss. I was alos pissed at how pointless and not-lore-filled areas were. Gor Gammar, for example, only held use as a reference point and was where you got one of them piece thingies (I don't remeber) for the main quest. There was just a lot of things that should have been done to the game.

No, seriously, I got so pissed when I beat the boss I haven't played the game since. I plan on
getting the second one.

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 00:09:56

I liked Killer7, not just because of the obvious plotlines (which were easy to understand, I don't get why other people gripe about it) but because of the simplicity of the control system. It set out what it meant to do so by no means should it be hindered by expectations in gameplay.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 00:27:34

Final Fantasy XII. I still think that it is better than FFX.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 00:48:02

Duke Nukem Forever. Everyone seems to be trashing this game but I still find it plenty of fun and feel it was worth the wait.

I also liked Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, even despite its quirks in multiplayer and so on. Don't think I'll be getting MW3 though, I'm kind of tired of the franchise now to be frank and every new addition just feels like an afterthought. Black Ops wasn't bad either and while it followed the same CoD style and formula, it was different in several ways.

And I agree with other people in here. I liked Saint's Row 2 much more than GTA4.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 00:58:12

At 6/20/11 12:52 AM, Travis wrote: I wish people would realize how over rated and awful FFX is already...

Well overrated yes but I don't think that it's awful still. Worst lineup of characters sure!

Oh and as said earlier, I also thoroughly enjoyed FF XIII.

See I did like XIII, I just can't lie that it was simply too linear. I know we were warned before the game came out about that but it didn't change the fact that it spoilt the game a bit.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 01:25:49

Im thinking Resonance of Fate, I read some reviews but basically most critics and gamers bash it because "ITZ TOO HARD!!!!!!!!1111111". G4 said almost exactly that, I stopped watching them for their shitty reviews on almost every game I like.

Devil May Cry 3, well at least I think thats disliked.....

Apb- its fun :)

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 01:30:28

Also any game that Yahtzee bashes.

I hate that I really do.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 02:49:50

Duke Nukem Forever.
Hail to the king, baby.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.

Free sexay prons!

Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature

Response to Disliked games you enjoy? 2011-06-20 02:54:01

Shadowrun. Critics hated it, but I loved it. I even bothered to get every achievement aside from killing 100 Vista players.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature