00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The problem with NG

2,607 Views | 55 Replies

The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:24:14

Reviewing system guys
whats that thing that if ppl dont like what u said ur review can be deleted? i mean, the things about review is having different perspectives about the same thing, freedom of speach issue (?) maybe
i mean there are lots of nazi like uploads that doesnt get deleted, and if u make a review that other ppl dislike it gets deletes??? NG.. get real..

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:32:06

At 6/1/11 05:28 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: If I understand correctly, you're complaining about reviews being deleted because somebody doesn't like what you have to say? That's not at all the case. Read the review guidelines and adhere to them, and none of your reviews will be deleted.

Review Guidelines.

i know the rules, and i still see comments like "Kool" or "this sucks" dont beeing deleted, while mine explains reasons

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:37:39

At 6/1/11 05:32 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 6/1/11 05:28 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: If I understand correctly, you're complaining about reviews being deleted because somebody doesn't like what you have to say? That's not at all the case. Read the review guidelines and adhere to them, and none of your reviews will be deleted.

Review Guidelines.
i know the rules, and i still see comments like "Kool" or "this sucks" dont beeing deleted, while mine explains reasons

The way you write your reviews is technically correct. You explain why you are giving the submission a low score. However people are flagging it because they don't like what you say????

Interesting. But I think I heard somewhere that if enough users flag a review, it gets taken out of the public eye for the review mods to verify. If it breaks the violation, the mod will delete it and the users that flagged the review will get whistle points. If it is not a violation, the mod will send it back to where it belongs and all users that incorrectly flagged the review will lose whistle points. At least that's what I think it goes...

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:38:58

At 6/1/11 05:32 PM, kakalxlax wrote: i know the rules, and i still see comments like "Kool" or "this sucks" dont beeing deleted, while mine explains reasons

I think your terrible grammar is one of the reasons why your reviews get deleted.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:43:17

I think your terrible grammar is one of the reasons why your reviews get deleted.

hardly due its not a valid reason, plus lots of reviews with bad grammar dont get deleted

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 17:59:56

At 6/1/11 05:43 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

hardly due its not a valid reason, plus lots of reviews with bad grammar dont get deleted

While I agree that you should definitely work on your grammar, reviews cannot be deleted if people disagree. That's what people are supposed to use the 'Useless' button for. Your review(s) were deleted because they violated a rule in some way. You may not think it, but there are a lot of good reasons to remove a review. If you spent most of your review talking to another reviewer, for example, your review will most likely be deleted.

I suggest you look at the Review Guidelines already linked above, or read (I say read because it's very likely your question has already been asked, and they don't want repeated questions) Review Answers 2.0.

TL; DR: Reviews can't be deleted because of an opinion about the flash. There are tons of other reasons why your review could've been deleted. I suppose if you still don't understand after reading everything you can try PMing a mod.

q

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:01:15

NG isn't the problem. The users are the problem.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:04:54

I had a review deleted.

Oh well.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:15:27

freedom of speech? The government can't impinge on your right to free speech. Newgrounds, a private company can do it if they damn well please.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:15:58

i agree, to many constructive reviews get marked useless or removed...

examples...

OMG THAT WAS SOOOOOOO KEWEL I LIEK THSI FASH ALOT!

*helpful*

wtf?

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:19:03

Just to be clear, im aware of the rules, im not so sure that moderators ar thoug

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:29:33

At 6/1/11 05:43 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

You have the worst grammar i have ever seen in a review.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:35:44

again grammar is not a reason, plus not everyones first langueage is english

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:46:44

At 6/1/11 06:19 PM, kakalxlax wrote: Just to be clear, im aware of the rules, im not so sure that moderators ar thoug

You're still asking questions, even though I assumed that you would at least read the TL; DR version of my answer? Moderators are fully aware of the rules, and your review was not deleted because people disagreed with you. See my post a little while back or any of the other posts essentially saying the same things.

q

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 18:52:30

ITT: Those fluent in English trying to tell someone fluent in Spanish how the review system works whilst he does not get it.

Relevant picture.

The problem with NG

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:05:36

considerating that it didnt brake any rules, the most probably cause is a dislike issue, so stop mentioning grammar or rules

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:11:27

At 6/1/11 07:05 PM, kakalxlax wrote: considerating that it didnt brake any rules, the most probably cause is a dislike issue, so stop mentioning grammar or rules

Dislikes can't get something delet-

You know what, I was wrong. You're right; people didn't like your review, so they sent it to a mod and he deleted it, because he didn't like it.

q

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:14:34

At 6/1/11 07:05 PM, kakalxlax wrote: considerating that it didnt brake any rules, the most probably cause is a dislike issue, so stop mentioning grammar or rules

Your review was probably deleted on the grounds of it had no constructive criticism while it pointed out the faults of the flash.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:24:57

the point is that reviews shouldt be deletable

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:27:28

The problem with NG is you.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:33:26

At 6/1/11 07:24 PM, kakalxlax wrote: the point is that reviews shouldt be deletable

That's something we should have in the redesign! People should be able to make reviews like this and not get deleted!

q

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:34:49

At 6/1/11 07:27 PM, Slint wrote: The problem with NG is you.

smarter answer u deserve "ur momma"

Say no to rape.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:35:21

At 6/1/11 06:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

English isn't my first language either and i write understandably.

Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:35:55

Okay. Here's my opinion from my perspective upon your reviews.

They suck and offer no constructive criticism.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 19:42:44

At 6/1/11 07:34 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

What,

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 20:07:18

At 6/1/11 07:34 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

Maybe we should be able to flag posts for "Stupid".

Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 20:25:21

Whatever review you made likely broke the rules. I looked back at some of your current ones. You give short, horribly constructed one-liners. They were more like comments than revies.

This is more than likely a rule breaking review. You offer no constructive criticism, no ways to improve:
-------------
"hmmm"
Score: 2
submission: Steyr Aug the game
date: May 21, 2011

not much of a game
---------

How is that even a review? You gave a low score and told NO WAY how he could improve it. That looks like a deletable review to me. Though, I am no review mod.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 20:28:14

Reviews can be flagged for any reason, but reviews are only deleted at the discretion of a review moderator, who determines whether or not a review is abusive, i.e. it breaks the review guidelines. This is not a matter of difference in opinion, it's based on the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

This system has a self-correcting element, which is whistle rank. This gives users a weighted ability to flag reviews or flash. It goes up when you flag a review that is determined by the mods to be abusive, and down if you improperly flag a review. People who incorrectly flag many reviews will have a diminished ability to do so.

Dead.

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 20:59:35

At 6/1/11 07:35 PM, CheapTrick wrote:
At 6/1/11 06:35 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

English isn't my first language either and i write understandably.

He could be a bit new to the language. Either way, grammar and spelling, like he said, have nothing to do with it. If the review has constructive criticism is what determines it's deletion.
Still, i do believe it should be enforced stronger. Whilst, abusive or short reviews with no effort and give low scores are usually to be deleted. A shitty review like "LOL OMG THAT WAS TEH AWSUM!" will live on because it's a positive comment + high school. Even worse is that people would give a review like that a + simply because they agree with it, not because of it's content.
Very few people actually vote on a review as negative because it's actually a badly written review, more often than not, it's only because they disagree with it.
It's like going to someone very popular, like lets say egoraptor, someone gives a low score, they express their opinion, it's well written, not abusive, simply giving advice. That review would be bombarded by fanboys with negative votes, whilst the shitty ones with a high score would never be noticed by a mod.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to The problem with NG 2011-06-01 21:36:33

At 6/1/11 07:35 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Okay. Here's my opinion from my perspective upon your reviews.

They suck and offer no constructive criticism.

great example of what u think my reviews r

Say no to rape.