00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Well, I'm quitting smoking.

3,007 Views | 61 Replies

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 10:17:42

I applaud you and feel sorry you ever had the mentality of drugs being cool I hear dumb shit like this way too much in my old high school. Try dip dude its freakin awesome... dip is freakin disgusting.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 10:21:33

I tried to start smoking once, I wanted to see how hard it would be to quit, well, I smoked about 5 then I found it was too much of a hassle, and I stopped, I don't see whats so addicting about it, maybe I didn't smoke enough, it tastes like shit though, how can people like that shit?

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 12:37:04

start shmokin tha ganja, brushin the fuck out of your teeth, and exercising to get healthies again.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 12:37:06

About time you're quitting.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 12:51:51

From only experience all I can say is; You're in for one hell of a hard life for the next 3-ish months.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 14:02:05

If I was hooked I would just try to quit cold turkey.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 14:54:49

There was a study done showing those who talk about what they want to do are a lot less likely to follow through with it than people who keep it to themselves.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 15:00:11

Drop the money you would spend on smoking per week in a jar instead. Give the jar to a friend so you don't have the urge to use the money to buy more smokes. At the end of the month look at your cash flow, you'll be surprised at how much gas money, beer money, or spending money you've saved.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 15:03:30

At 5/28/11 05:24 AM, kiljoy96 wrote: Only quitters quit quitter.

Wow, Many people quitting smoking because Smoking Kills and it sucks that everyone wants to quit smoking, This is such a great thing that everyone is a Smoking Quitter.

Well, I'm quitting smoking.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 15:03:33

At 5/28/11 09:12 AM, Sevkat wrote:
At 5/28/11 09:00 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: A few tough weeks could mean wonders for your future.
Well my uncle's an ex-smoker (Among other habbits) and he's quit since the 80's or something like that, and I visit him quite a bit since he's the only family member I have that doesn't live all the way in the states, and he still to this day says "I could use a fuckin' smoke right now!"

That sucks. I can't believe it stays in the mind that long. The lesson we have learned here? Smoke weed.

jk

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 17:18:35

At 5/28/11 06:32 AM, AshleKetchem wrote: my dad quit cold turkey and hes been smoke free for 2 years now

sure, just check up once in while.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 17:23:13

Good luck, I've tried about six times now and never succeed.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 17:28:16

All of my mates at my college hate smoking, and they keep telling me 'don't get started'. I give you props if you give up smoking.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 17:35:57

Good for you!

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 17:52:40

Good for you now you can have a better life and more money.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 18:16:24

This is why I smoke weed and not cigarettes, my father still smokes cigs and I've always hated second hand smoke as a kid, and there were also second hand smoke adds which were kind of scary at that time.

Most of my friends smoke cigs and herb, so quitting cigs for them would be completely separate from their weed craving.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 19:11:12

I've quit plenty of times. Heh.

But, don't do the patch, or chew gum, you're just switching what you're addicted to doing. Just quit cold turkey. first 2 days suck, but after that its relatively easy.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 19:20:19

Why quit once when you can quit several times!

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 19:25:15

I smoked my first cigarette with the drummer from DOA a few months ago haha. The whole time I was just thinking "What's the point of smoking this if it isnt gonna get me high?".

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 21:49:17

Good luck!

hello

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 21:55:35

A while back when I quit smoking (ended up taking it up again, though, cause I got a smoker girlfriend, then kept smoking when we broke up, and still do) I sort of did a whole lifestyle change. And along with that came eating healthier, and exercising/working out.

I found that after working out, I'd realize exactly how winded I was, and how much smoking was holding me back. I just slowly cut them down to a point where I was only a social smoker (when drinking with friends, pretty much always at bars)

But you'll definitely have some withdrawls, but the best thing about hitting the gym is that feeling when you're walking out the door after a workout. You look back and always say to yourself "That was the best way in the entire world that I could have spent that last hour of my life"

Another thing to look forward to by being healthy all over is getting healthy friends. Less peer pressure.

So put some cocoa oil on those stretch marks, you fatass, and get to the gym.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 22:09:30

Every time you think of smoking make a post on newgrounds. Also because I'm a unoriginal cunt:
Smokesmokesmokesmokesmokesmokesmokesmoke

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 22:14:45

Good luck to you man, you'll probable need it.

I have a few friends who smoke so one time I was a little down I smoked whenever I met them, but I didn't get addicted and stopped after a while. I kind fo always felt guilty afterwards, and I just wouldn't want to be like them, smoking all the time and coughing all the fucking time as well.

It's gonna be a hard challenge for you, but hopefully you'll make it.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 23:07:22

I would say 'use your willpower' but if it were that easy then it would be that easy....

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-28 23:08:38

At 5/28/11 11:07 PM, FurryDemon wrote: I would say 'use your willpower' but if it were that easy then it would be that easy....

Use regular gum to help. You don't need the special nicotine type just the regular ol' gum.

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-29 00:37:54

well watever you do dont switch to chewin tabbaco because its worse trust me its hard to quit smoking al i did was switch to chew because i was tired of being not able to run even around the block and so i switched to chewin because i couldnt go with out nicotine so get an electric cigarette that uses water vapor and get the nicorette gum or patches and you should make i have yet to do that because im broke so use the method above and you should do fine

im a live swifer and live swif doesnt suck but it's ok

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-29 00:54:18

What a coincidence. I just really started smoking. I burned through 2 packs in since Wednesday. Partly because I've been bumming a lot of people.

I dont really care if I get cancer anymore.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-29 00:58:13

At 5/29/11 12:54 AM, theshadowwolf wrote: What a coincidence. I just really started smoking. I burned through 2 packs in since Wednesday. Partly because I've been bumming a lot of people.
I dont really care if I get cancer anymore.

You have no idea what you're getting yourself into, brah. Even if you don't care if you get cancer, you can't depend on other people to always give you smokes, one day you'll grow up and you'll realize that nicotine withdrawl is a terrible feeling, it literally makes you feel fucking sick. And without a full-time job, you're not going to be able to smoke near as much as you like. The money it costs is outrageous, with all the money I've spent on smokes in my life I could buy a fucking sports car.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-29 01:03:37

At 5/29/11 12:58 AM, Sevkat wrote: You have no idea what you're getting yourself into, brah. Even if you don't care if you get cancer, you can't depend on other people to always give you smokes, one day you'll grow up and you'll realize that nicotine withdrawl is a terrible feeling, it literally makes you feel fucking sick. And without a full-time job, you're not going to be able to smoke near as much as you like. The money it costs is outrageous, with all the money I've spent on smokes in my life I could buy a fucking sports car.

Oh, when I meant bumming, I meant I shared a bunch, not me bumming from other people. No, I have weird complexes in me that tell me not to make other people give me stuff.
And yeah, I realize, it will probably cost me a lot, but I spend more money on other things.

And as my friend said, you could be a cig smoker and not do drugs, but you cant do drugs and not smoke cigs...

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Well, I'm quitting smoking. 2011-05-29 01:05:31

At 5/29/11 01:03 AM, theshadowwolf wrote:
And as my friend said, you could be a cig smoker and not do drugs, but you cant do drugs and not smoke cigs...

This is very true, Alan Carr's Stop Smoking book reads that marijuana is not a gateway drug as near as cigarettes are. You see pot smokers all the time who don't smoke cigarettes, even alcoholics, but you don't see a heroin addict who doesn't smoke cigarettes.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature