00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vampire Survival Story (New one!)

13,806 Views | 279 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-08 23:44:35

it's really something, I was almost halfway down to the basement trying to get some sleep, and all of a sudden somebody comes flying through the hall slamming against the wall, then rolling down the stare-case.
Of-course sending me down with them!

I rolled over, now facing the intruder and ... noticed it was the person from earlier. but not the boy, which made me wonder what had happened to him. But why was this person here, and why the hell did he have to come in so violently?

"Did you really have to come in this way, are you being chased or are you just here to wreak some havoc?"

I probably should have yelled for the others, but they probably heard the ruckus. Ohh well, better do it any way "Hey. Guys, you might want to come take a look." I yelled up the stares!

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-09 03:10:51

Confused and more than simply dazed he reacted on instinct alone, the second he started talking Soul drew his gun and put it on this person's skull he drew the other gun and slowly got up keeping aim. He glanced momentarily up the stairs but kept the other one in eyesight. The old magic had many forbidden spells, that was one of them... teleportation often didn't end well.

He almost shot the person from the stairs when he realized who he was. Because if thats him 'He' can't be too far away.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-09 11:19:23

glancing at this guys face, then at the gun pointed straight at my head. There was not really much you could think about when you were in that situation. Except maybe that he was pointing one up the stares, meaning he was expecting danger!

lowering my voice down to a whisper. "If you want to go just go, you don't have to make this place all messed up!"

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-11 01:34:27

I started to run over too Brian after a good nights rest. When I caught up with him I saw the man who caused me blood poisoning. I lifted my Mateba revolver and point it to his legs. Maybe he will get scared and not notice I don't have any bullets.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-13 22:35:32

Meh.
--------
We hovered over the spot, eyes boggling. The pilot peered back at us. "I'll try to find a good landing spot to see if we can explore the camp." The pilot said. I gave him a thumbs up. The helicopter shot across the sky, and after about 3 minutes of flying we were on the floor. The pilot, the passenger and I got out. "Stay on alert. Look for anyone." The pilot said, holding his M19-11. The pilot tossed me a Magnum. "We stick together and follow the path. We have landed next to the parking lot and I see a sign that has brochures and a map. Lets get a map and proceed." We walked across the lonely parking lot and found a sign next to a path leading into the forest. In big, bold letters, the wooden sign said, "PINE NEEDLE FOREST/CAMPSITE-HOME TO THE STATE'S MOST POPULAR HUNTING TOURNAMENTS." Beneath the letters was 3 little slots holding brochures-The first one talked about the camping activities and camping sites. The second one talked about hunting season and the hunting tournaments held there. The third one talked about safety and wildfires and had a small map of the forest. The pilot looked at the map for awhile, and then made his decision- "We will take this path," -He pointed to the trail leading into the forest-, "Which is called the main path. After that we follow that path to the 3rd campsite, we take a left onto a path called the black bear path, and we should pass 2 campsites until we find the campsite where the campers are." I looked at the pilot in amazement. "What are you, the owner of this place?!" He laughed. "I wish I was. This place is beautiful, even in a god damn vampire attack."
"Hey, but how did you know where to go?" I asked. The pilot shrugged. "I made a guess. We probably should be there, though. If were not, you can abandon me in this place."

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-14 06:44:42

(For someone who just found all this out and had hell by vampires, THEN had a vampire fly through a wall and knock you down the stairs, your character is sure calm and collected.)

He had no choice, Soul did as he would do time and again and made the flash decision. Firing both guns simultaneously he took out each of their right shoulders with small bullets of concentrated energy. The movement was flawless and horrific after so much training. He didn't even realize what his body was doing half the time when he fought.

Climbing the stair while keeping a gun aimed at them he turned and walked down the cool dark hallway in silence.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-14 16:00:02

"FUCK THAT HURTS." I look towards Brian and said "Fuck this, you can chase him your self." I started to crawl back to my bed.

Leo, was that to me or fozzy. And if it was to me, my character would be sweating and shaking a lot. Sorry I couldn't mention it.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-14 21:27:29

(It was to the one I just fell down the stairs with, not yourself.)

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-14 22:11:03

I'll just write now, because I'm so excited for some reason. I also forgot to mention the 2 other passengers. Just forget about them, since I forgot about them. :P...mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.
----------------
We let the pilot lead the way, and the passenger be in the back. I was all safe in the middle of the group. "Stay quiet. We don't wanna alert any wildlife or anything." The pilot whispered. The towering trees obscured the sun, making it pretty dark. "Does anyone have the time?" I whispered.
"Look at your watch, dude."
"Look at my watch. It got crushed." -I showed him my cracked watch-
"Well, I don't have the time either."
"Dang. Do you even have a flashlight?"
"Its not even dark...besides, were saving it for other occasions."
I stayed silent afterwards. Twigs snapped under my marred boots. We soon found the first campsite. "It looks like someone was here..." I said, picking up a lunchbox. I opened the lunchbox and pulled out a melted icepack, crushed, leaking, sticky juice boxes and an empty can of soda. "I wonder if it was the people who we are looking for." Said the pilot. Ashes calmly blew around the dead campfire. "Let's move on. We don't want to stay here the whole day..." Said the passenger. I dropped the lunch box and continued forward with them. As we trudged along, I looked through the bushes to see if I could find anything. I found a ripped up brochure and an empty pack of cigerettes. I could hear a creak running in the distance. I could imagine a gigantic, exquisite brown bear catching fish and slashing away with its large paws. It would dig into its award, only for it to be done so fast. It finds more...and more...and more...and more...I'm so distracted I trip over a fallen tree log. I plop down facefirst into the dirt. "Ugh!" I cry. My elbows are scraped and bleeding. My camo suit is practically falling apart. My face looks like someone just shot me. My knees were dripping with blood. My fingernails were a dark shade of purple. My lips were puffy. I looked like I had a hangover or got in a bar fight. I try to get up, but I just come right back down. I twisted my ankle... "Hey...guys!" I shout. My friends just walked forward. "HEY!" Their too far away now. They can't hear my screams. I try to army crawl to my friends who are progressing rapidly. My elbows and my arms are too sore to army crawl. I try to drag myself. My fingers feel like they are going to fall off. I look back. I see a buff vampire looking through the bushes...as if he is looking for something...I watch in horror as his head darts my way. He glares at me. I am petrifyed. I cannot move. He walks towards me. He picks me up by my torn shirt. He hurls me at the ground. I slide forward. "HELP ME, GUYS!" I shout. I try to pull out my Magnum. But the Magnum flew out of my hand when the vampire hurled me. It flew into the bushes. The vampire must've been looking for the Magnum. I see my friends in the distance. They turn around. As if everything is in slow motion, my 2 companions are running as fast as their legs can carry them, as the vampire curiously picks up the Magnum and shoots a bullet to make sure its loaded. He shoots the passenger, and reloads. The gun tip is aiming right at me...he's going to shoot...he's going to shoot...BOOM!

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-15 00:32:50

( I don't really have much experience with writing out their emotions, and don't really have the hang of it either. so I'll try and fix it so he is a little less fearless. Btw sorry if I have not been posting for a little, and I my next post should be soon)

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-15 01:19:27

Name. brian. (orphan) (EVERYONE)( I am updating this with a couple more details!)
Race. light vampire!
Age. 17
Appearance. Caucasian blond hair, blue eyes, 5.6 feet tall, tan cargo pants a black undershirt and a worn out dark blue coat with an assortment of patches torn and still there, it was too big.
Karma. Vengeful Neutral
Perks/Powers. blanks out from time to time. blood solidification!
Weapons. nothing at the moment!
Trinkets. small golden cross necklace. voice recorder.

It took me a moment to register just what had happened, Exactly ten seconds to be precise.

He shot me in the shoulder, I laid there flat on my back, just for a couple of seconds to think, I could just stay here and whine and sob about what was happening, or I could persist. and in that single moment I reached to my shoulder and touched it with my palm and fingers. I then lifted my hand to where I could see it!

I hand was shaking terribly, I had not even realized how afraid I had been now, but looking at my own blood, in that split second afterwards being shot, something inside me just clicked on.

And all my fear turned to a need. something close to an eye for an eye, but more permanent. So I simply gave in to this, and it felt like everything turned to silence and in an instant I was up the stares. I ... new, that the blood on my hand became something close to crystals. expanding itself to fit my hand then extending to form small knife like blades at the tip of my fingers, extending my reach almost an inch, my right arm dangling as I ran through the hallway, and it seemed to me like someone was turning the lights on and off well I ran.

And then I saw him again, walking carefully out of the house, his back turned to me. the lights seemed to have gone out completely, all feeling, all sense. I had given up on them as I took my first step towards this creature.

I must have looked like a monster myself, because I felt like one unblinking, as if he might escape if I let myself not see him for the time it took to simply blink. I hesitated, taking my second step I hesitated to take my third, but that simply ended, I had to much shit to deal with already, so why should I not deal with this creature. and at that I simply blacked out completely unknowing of what I was doing in that small fraction of a second as I took my fourth step and attacked!

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-15 16:36:51

Name: Joe Dawson
Race: Vampire
Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, a black jacket that's usually unzipped, white shirt, blue jeans, six feet tall.
Power: Nothing yet
Karmic balance: Evil
Weapon: 9mm pistol, combat knife

I woke up and sighed, I sat up. "Can't sleep." I said, I got up and walked outside, I looked around. "Where to go..." I muttered, I walked in a random direction.

Hey guys, I'm a youtuber for TechWarriorz, come check out some of our awesome gaming and coding videos!

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-16 10:42:05

LAST DAY O' SCHOOL TODAY...anyone have an xbox 360? Gimme ur gamertag, and my gamertag is Fr33 Candy 4 ME if u wanna add me. If u have Black Ops Escalation, me and my friends are planning to play Call of the Dead all night!
-----------
The pilot was running with all his might. The split second the bullet was fired at me, The Pilot dove for it. He took the impact for me-The bullet penetrated his back and came out straight through his...heart. Fourtunatly he already dove past me when he was hit by the bullet so it didn't hit me when it came out the other side. Blood spewed from his mouth. He hit the ground with a loud, "BOOM." A puddle of blood formed underneath him. While the vampire was distracted, staring at the pilot, I swept him off his feet. He landed face first into the dirt. When he looked at me, there was a pure look of hatred that made my heart ache. The vampire pounced on top of me.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-21 00:01:53

Soul turned and kicked off the nearby wall litterally flipping backwards over him. Then putting both guns vertically barrel forward on his spine he fired. No matter how powerful this guy was, Soul had training... years and years of training. He spun and kicked heel first into this man's spine after shooting him and then put the guns together one ontop of the other (think reversed L shape) a small circle of light formed around the barrels and fired a pulse bullet at him. Which SHOULD throw them back at least ten feet.

Soul grabbed at his own arm, there was a cut deep into it from when he first dodged. This wasn't going to be good. If the bullets missed by even an inch his plan is thrown off, intending to have severed some direct muscle placement which would prevent them from moving for now. His eyes get a little wider and he holds his arm again in annoyance. "Even the son of... well never mind." He gives up his rant. Then turning his head he thinks he hears someone nearby. Someone much worse than this.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-22 21:27:41

BOOM! I drop the Magnum, and fall to the floor in pain. I lie next to the non-moving vampire, who had a bullet hole in his stomach. "You stubborn creature!" The vampire snarled. Blood flies out of his mouth as we speak. I groan and grasp my shoulder. The vampire shot at my shoulder 2 times. I cough violently and slap him with the pistol butt. "ARGH!" He cries. He rips the pistol out of my hand and shoots. "Damnit!" I grasp my waist. He tries to shoot, but there are no bullets left. We wrestle over the pistol. I rip the pistol out of his hand and jab the front into his eye. I yank it out and stuff it in his mouth. The vamp slaps the pistol away. He tries to talk but all that comes out is blood. I try to talk, but all that comes out is, "You..." I crawled away as far as I could from the vampire before I passed out.
It was a few days before I woke up.
I woke up in the ranger's office. On the floor.
How did I get here? What happened?
I was still in my outfit...I wasn't patched up at all...but the blood stopped running from my mouth. I jumped up, and walked to the restroom. I looked into the mirror. All under my mouth was red from blood. I had a black eye. There was two holes in my shoulder, and one hole near my waist. My white camoflauge suit was now brown, ripped and red. I looked at my fingernails. They were cracked and bloody.
"Who brought me here?" I asked myself. I rinsed the blood off my hands and washed my face off. I walked out of the restroom and decided to wait for anyone to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-22 22:04:47

As I started to crawl back to my bed, a miracle happened. I found a box of revolver bullets, I stood up and ran towards the box. I gleefully lifted it up just to find out it had one bullet. I loaded the bullet into the gun and shot it in the air.

"Did you hear that?" Someone in the darkness said. I sprint away into the church and hid my head under a blanket.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-26 17:53:58

(Sorry for being gone so long. School and what-not)

I hear, through the fog of blissful sleep, the sounds of gunfire, and I groan a bit as I stir. After the food had been eaten and I had taken some sips from a bottle of back-up blood I kept in my coat, I had found a closet and gone inside, locking it with magic. It wasn't that I did not trust my partners, it was just... you could never be too cautious.
So I rose, or, to be more accurate, leaned away from the wall I'd been leaning against and opened my eyes. My night-vision was in effect, so it was not quite daylight. I sigh and unlock the door, and step out of the closet. I hear sounds coming from the floor below me, and wearily go to investigate. I see the human whose leg I had recently fixed (the name eluded me, due to a haze of sleep coating my mind), crawling towards a box of bullets, his leg freshly wounded.
"By a Lich's rotten blood, how many times am I going to have to fix legs for you people?!" I demand as I come closer to the person with the new leg wound.

FOR THE GOOD OF ALL MANKIND!

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-27 22:11:29

I have waited for 2 days, and no one had come. I had a surplus of food, so I found a small duffle bag and stuffed as much food as I could into the bag. I filled my 3 cateens back up with fresh water and packed them. I had no weapons, so I had to use my surroundings. I packed a dusty lantern and some matches so I could see while traveling at night. I was well rested and ready to hit the path.
The pain in my shoulder left, so I could continue. Trees swayed in the gentle wind. I found a ripped up map on the floor and tried to read it. I was at Ranger Office 2, and I had been walking for about 15 minutes, so thesecond campsite should be...right in front of me. I found a bloody, ripped up tent holding 3 dead bodies zipped up inside sleeping bags. I found a pack of cigerettes and a lighter inside the tent. I took it out and put it in the duffle bag. It COULD come in handy...and after all, I don't want any vampires finding the lighter and catching the whole forest on fire. Empty beer cans and bottles were scattered all over the camp.
" They probably snuck this crap in..." I thought to myself.
I packed a bottle so I could use it as a weapon and continued. Once I got to the third campsite, I had to take a turn onto black bear path.
Suddenly, I saw a bunch of leaves fall from one of the trees. Was their a vampire up there? I pulled out the beer bottle and got ready for action.
The villian finally darted out of the tree. It hit the ground. I beated it with the beer bottle...
One whack. Two whacks. Three whacks.
I stopped whacking for two reasons-
1.It was a bear.
2.It was already dead.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-28 03:11:40

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, a black jacket that's usually unzipped, white shirt, blue jeans, six feet tall.
Power: Nothing yet

I felt as though I was being followed, the sounds of other footsteps clumsily trying to imitate my own, the feeling of other people's gazes, I didn't know whether to turn around or not, I shrugged and kept walking. "If they try to attack me I'll kill them." I thought as though it were nothing to take another life, I was hoping that it was another human, I wanted to have another taste of blood.

Hey guys, I'm a youtuber for TechWarriorz, come check out some of our awesome gaming and coding videos!

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-28 15:01:59

I was hardly even conscience anymore, And to back matters worse this guy probably had years of training or something. He was not going down easily, and he probably wont go down at all. It was foolish of me to attack him anyway, but I am pissed, he didn't have any reason to shoot me and yet he still did so!

So I was going to try something different, flipping myself over and having my back to the ground I noticed he was no longer facing me, a bad mistake. I kind of channeled the energy or something whatever it is they call it from my back to the last little blood spike on my ring finger. It glowed a little tiny light before I ... shot it, you could say, into this guys shoulder. An eye for an eye at least!

(sorry if I have not been posting, I've been kinda distracted lately and am having some writers block or something!)

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-29 17:06:05

Soul raised a hand casually thinking he could use old magic to ward the attack away. The small level one circle spun runes glowing for a while and sparks flew back as the projectile didn't slow its attempt to shatter the shield it broke suddenly and Soul barely had enough time to move to the side, slowed by his surprised. It struck his shoulder but only made a shallow wound. Raising the other gun he muttered a verse of old magic and then activated an adjustment of new magics... the blasts were impossibly fast, but it hit each joint at least once then lines of energy glide across the skin connecting the wounds and shock him, a small explosion just before you SHOULD send you back again bashing into the wall beside the door we had left.

Soul started running, after using teleportation magic he had little left and had just used most of it so to conserve energy he couldn't make much more than human pace. The worst part about this that man of the order probably had healed enough to use his wings again.

(I want to make some of the magic more clear, OLD magic is all the actual spells and take a lot of power... ex: attacks, defenses and, other (teleporting). In contrast NEW magic is advancement or editor magic empowering or weakening, adjusting speed or adding special effects to things such as that joint breaker I just used which was an old spell but the new spell made it faster and had it zap you.)

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-29 20:40:31

"Hey Zach, care to patch me up?" I said

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-29 20:44:10

I sigh heavily, and force the remnants of sleep out of my mind.
"First, tell me what is happening. I may need my powers for another purpose. Namely, fighting off the foe."
I look around, and see the basement door is open.

FOR THE GOOD OF ALL MANKIND!

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-10 12:30:37

"Well, do ya remember that Soul kid? He's here, he shoot me and he is still close by as far as I know." I say. "Oh and since your probably going to go after him, can you hurt him?"

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-10 12:31:59

ah crap, i didn't check it. sorry for the bad grammar.

"Would you kindly..."

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-10 13:40:48

No posts for awhile, so expect this one to be long, like the old one's we wrote.
--------
Claw marks covered the bear's face. Blood dripped down from its slanted mouth. The side of it's body was torn open, revealing some of it's internal organs. I soon realized that I haven't eaten since the begining of the trip through the forest, and I was starving...but I couldn't eat the poor thing...but I would die if I didn't eat...so I made my decision-I'd eat the bear's organ's and maybe manage to tear some of the fur off for a blanket.

Warning:The following may be grafic for some readers.
---------
I bent down and reached far inside the bear's stomach. I tore out the bear's small instestine. Blood splashed at my face. Once I tore it out, I rolled it up and set it on the side. I pulled out my pocket knife and sliced away the bear's fur. Once I was done skinning the bear, I skinned the bear some more for it's meat. I tossed the intestine away, realizing I didn't need it. Once I was done slicing off all the blood dripping meat, I pushed the bear's remains into the bushes. I ate some of the meat;It was dripping with blood, oozing with red. I ate half of the meat, and set it inside the bear's skin. I made the bear skin a knapsack-like sort of thing and continued. About 15 minutes into continuing my trip, my knapsack began leaking with blood. I ignored it and continued walking. About after 25 minutes of walking, I found a ranger's office. I went inside the office and set down the knapsack of bear meat on the desk. I walked over to the radio and turned it on. At first it was static, but then it turned to a news station making an emergancy broadcast. "We are currently sending out search troops to escort persons to Boot Camps scattered around America. If you happen to know where any of the Boot Camps are, please escort yourself to the nearest camp. You are advised to seek cover every night, as you will need some rest. Be sure to seek shelter INSIDE, as we do not want vampires to come and harm you. That is all for now." I switched off the radio. I knew where the nearest Boot Camp was, but I had to rescue these people first; it was my duty. I picked up my knapsack and continued my trip.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-12 14:28:03

Power: Control over darkness

I soon turned around, there were about fifty vampires following me, they quickly surrounded me. "You're coming with us boy." A vampire man said, I pulled out my pistol and knife. "I can't take them all down by myself..." I thought, the vampires slowly started to walk toward me. "Yes you can..." A voice in my head said, I looked around. "Who said that?" I asked. "Oh great he's insane, but we may still have some use for him." Another vampire said. "Believe, build the power inside of you and kill them, revel in their deaths, bathe in their blood!" The voice said, I shut my eyes and focused, a small dark pulse came from my body. "Good, keep doing it, let the darkness within you be free!" The voice said.

I still had my eyes shut, the darkness started to cover me. "What's the little freak doing?" Another vampire asked, the darkness completely enveloped me, eight swords made of solidified darkness appeared, I grabbed two, and the other six spun around my back, I opened my eyes, they were jet black. "Time to die ya little shits." I said, my voice was darker, the vampires just kept advancing toward me, most of them were thinking that it was just some kind of trick, one jumped at me, I quickly lifted a sword, it pierced through its heart, I swung my sword and the body flung off of it, the swords moved as I attacked, I charged at them and started to slice them in half, blood was spilling all over me, their entrails were spilling onto the ground, I smiled at the chaos that I had brought, there were still twenty vampires by the time I was done with my assault, they started running away, I put my arms in front of me, the blades went around them and then started to spin around rapidly and a dark energy sphere was in the middle of it. "DARKNESS CANON!" I yelled, my voice echoed through the night, there was a giant dark blast that came from the sphere, when it was gone so were all of the vampires, I fell to my knees and the darkness started to fade from my body. "H-How did I do that?" I asked. "That was your first power's awakening." The voice said.

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-15 12:01:53

(I think I may have to drop out of his RP pesonally. It has suddenly to me lost the emotional dramatic RP it started with and has gone in to more left feild sci-fy, best of luck!)

Soul muttered the same spell as before, it was all he could do... he put all his power into it and suddenly flying backwards he sank into nearest wall as if it were water. Eyes fluttering lightly he wondered where he would appear it would be far away from this place, perhaps even the world. It occured to him he had mis prononced the vampiric word for space with the word for time, he may end up much farther away than he had thought. The Crimson moon beat down on him with innocence and hostility at the same time and he smiled. Soul was going to follow whatever path he could. He made sure not to drop anything (especially not his guns) just incase someone may try to use them. What he did leave intentionally as he flew back was a single note... a spell written on paper, it would explode when read out loud.

BBS Signature

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-15 22:13:38

At 7/15/11 12:01 PM, Leolan202 wrote: (I think I may have to drop out of his RP pesonally. It has suddenly to me lost the emotional dramatic RP it started with and has gone in to more left feild sci-fy, best of luck!)

(I would have to agree, this story has lost it's appeal, I mean I can see it going somewhere but only if we really start fresh)

Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-07-15 22:39:16

(Yeah, I kind of lost interest in it as well, maybe we should just start a brand new one since everyone kind of dropped out of this one...)