New Topic Respond to this Topic
Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 14:16:22 Reply

I glance up at the sky, and grimace with displeasure. The human was right, the sun would rise soon, and indeed, resting now would be a big help for us all.
"Excellent idea. Eric and Rose! We are going to find a place to rest for a bit." I look again at the sky, and make a mental note of the time it would take to find a safe haven. The other Vampires and Thralls would also need to hide, so we had to choose a spot carefully.

FOR THE GOOD OF ALL MANKIND!

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 15:00:19 Reply

"Then we should head for a place that is hardly habitable for vampires and stuff you in a closet or something. Assuming you actually burn to ashes in the sunlight. Of course if you just find the sunlight displeasing, then there is the possibility that the other vamps will continue hunting. If that is the case then we need to find a place where they will not think a human will be hiding!"

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 16:56:10 Reply

I nod, thinking it over.
"I doubt any of the Vampire's we've encountered are strong enough to last in the sunlight for more than a minute. I can last up to thirty minutes or so in direct sunlight, but will be very damaged..." I was not about to reveal the full extent of my ability to stay in sunlight. Best let them think I was vulnerable. Then they will either protect me, or try to kill me, in which case I'll be able to fight them off with a surprise attack of my own...
"But we should be careful all the same. Is there a building near a river or other large body of water? Weak level Vampires and Thralls loose a bit of their powers when near deep, or fast moving water." I look at the dark sky once more. If the chained Vampire had really been Shawn, we would have to be extra careful. But why was he here?

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 17:28:47 Reply

"anyway who or what was that guy with the chains on his hands and the intense smell of blood"

Brian glanced at the rooftops. something didn't feel right just about now!

Leolan202
Leolan202
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 18:14:41 Reply

Soul looked up and said flatly, "Nothing now... the sun is rising." Then the realized that the sun couldn't rise... not this early, suddenly he glanced up and noticed a line of survivors on a rooftop aiming large ultraviolet lights down at him he frowned and stepped between Joe and the light. He... though he had hoped not to reveal it, was completely immune to ultraviolet light. His rank was based on his age and class, but his true skill level was much greater.

Joe on the other hand, was not only just a low tier type... even for human-vampire types. He would probably die within six minutes of direct sunlight... he can thank his human past for allowing him to survive this brush with sunlight.

"Humans... I'm getting tired of their thoughtless killing. I understand because of what they have been through, but after last week..." He trails off holding onto a scar very near to his heart though unseen past his shirt. He was lucky, very lucky.

BBS Signature
Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 20:49:52 Reply

I wonder if I should tell them about what I knew of Shawn. In the end, it would help them prepare in case he came back. I speak.
"The Vampire with chains that you saw earlier was once called Shawn Dorialis, and he was a fellow Inquisitor of the Order. Long, long years past, he was my partner on some missions. I thought he had been killed in Taiwan severval decades ago, during a botched attempt to retrieve the Gadius Rex Regis. That sword you saw, Brian, was most likely that. Anyways, with his supposed death, the mission failed, and I had to retreat to a safer country." I think back to those days, when I had been chased by some Liches of Asia, The Brothers of Bones, who had been trying to usurp the power of the Order. I could recall the frantic days of hiding and nights of running, and finally fleeing to Hong Kong, where they could not touch me without angering the Asian branch of the Order...
I shake my head clear of the memories.
"In regards to the sword, the Gladius Rex Regis, it means, roughly, Sword of Kings, and was a weapon forged for Julius Ceasar of Rome by a Chinese hermit, then later wielded by Emperor Charlemagne of France who united Europe during the Dark Ages after the empire of Rome crumbled. It is a weapon of unsurpassed sharpness, and can cut anything. When it does, the wound...for lack of a better word...eats itself, imploding and exploding at the same time. As a result, it can kill anything with ease, and the fact that it was forged from blood-iron only makes it worse." Seeing their confusion, I explain.
"A wound caused by a weapon made of blood-iron will never heal. No known magic or science can save you once cut by a blood-iron blade. Even a scratch is fatal, eventually." I look at the sky.
"I do not know what happened to Shawn, why he wants the Gladius Rex Regis, or what is going on. But we must find shelter. We must find answers." I start to walk away.
"Coming?" I ask, looking back at the humans.

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-05-31 22:15:17 Reply

Dear god I was stabbed by that thing, I felt the cold chill pass over my body as soon as he mentioned it was fatal and could not be healed. It was not that I was going to die it was just, where the wound was there is now a scar. I had figured he healed it earlier when he had healed my entire body, but I guess he didn't or did and didn't know. Whatever is happening, I needed to figure-out whatever had happened and quickly before anyone noticed I was cut by the sword!

I honestly hoped that they did not see my face go pale, because they might figure out what had happened. Them knowing I have no idea why I wanted to keep that a secret!

But this was not the time to panic, I need to calm down!

"Well," My voice was shaking a little. "We should find someplace to rest before we run out of time, So let's get going!"

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 18:27:13 Reply

I look at the orphan when Zach said that the sword strike is always fatal. It look like he then he was going to die. I saw that look a lot. When ever the doctor said to another patient that they had AIDS or cancer. But I'll keep quiet about this. "Alright, let's go find something." I said.

"Would you kindly..."

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 19:46:33 Reply

(not related to real time events of the story just a history twist for the story)

[recording]

Rome was a great republic and empire that is hailed as the first great modern civilization even today. from it's start in around 500/600 B.C to it's end in around 200/500 A.D it was a world superpower. What you may not have known is this, Rome had a great diversity in species. Humans, Vampires, and many other species that too this day are almost completely unknown.

Rome's greatest weapon was this vary fact. Taking the strength's of all the different species allowed the Republic/Empire to have it's species cover for each others weaknesses, this lead to it's domination for nearly a thousand years!

But it was not without weakness, this weakness was the lust for power each of it's species had, this lead to countless civil wars and uprisings in it's population! when humans were the first to break this balance and turned rome into an empire, there were races that devoted themselves completely to the empire and those who wished for the end of the human reign. thus leading to more civil wars, this weakened Rome greatly, the plaques that came before and after also weakened Rome even more!

some species even went so far as too completely migrate to the empire of Rome, and others fled it!

When the Human and vampire Oppression of the smaller races became too stressed, A group was formed. This faction held the species and some humans and vampires who were willing to fight against rome.

After so many plaques and civil wars Rome was on it's knees to the barbarians, hardly able to defend itself. Having this new enemy that held the power that rome had before it became an empire, brought an end to rome.

The species that had devoted themselves to Rome became Instinct or small groups of nomads!

After the fall of Rome, this unknown faction of species disappeared from the world.

Many say they used an ancient magic that could cut part of the land and force it into another world. leaving only a Gate to that world!

(sorry if it's too long I am not going to do this often, and if anyone else wants to do this they can!)

Nighthawk27
Nighthawk27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 20:11:55 Reply

I always liked writing. I like the recording idea and temporarily switching characters.
-------------
My eyes shot open. I looked around. I was lying at the bottom of the shallow swamp. I quickly hit surface and coughed out some murky swamp water. I waded around the swamp looking for any weapons. I found my Barret 50 Cal. floating calmly. I clenched it nervously. "Shawn! Anyone! Is anyone there?" I shouted. I tripped over something that felt like a log and went underwater. I peered through the water and pain and saw someone lying there...not moving. I quickly brought them to surface to see who it was. It was the dad from that family earlier...his cheap tourist Hawaiian shirt was soaked and bloody. He was missing an arm. I let him drop from my hands. He sunk to the bottom and came back at the surface. He slowly sunk again. I shook my head and washed the blood from his shirt off my hands. I didn't want anything finding me and killing me because they could smell fresh blood on my hands. Speaking of which, this place could be a feeding ground right now of human blood...wait....do vampires drink blood? I wasn't too sure. I wasn't one of those nerds that studied about fictional characters all day. The only thing I found interesting, which I found flipping through a book one day, is that many creatures can smell blood from very far away-Sharks, piranhas and...vampires. I found one of my flares, burned out, sitting at the bottom of the swamp. I picked it up and lit it again. I knew nothing would happen. Everyone on Earth was probably gone. Besides the vampires. And the very scarce survivors. "Over here!" I shouted. No response. I dropped on my knees. The water went up to my neck. I prayed and prayed. "Please, god, let rescue come..." As if God were my best friend, I heard the sound of a chopper in the distance. I looked up and waved my flare. "GOD DAMNIT! DOWN HERE! LAND THE CHOPPER! LAND THE FUCKING CHOPPER!" I shouted. I ran into an area where all the trees had toppled. "DOWN HERE! RESCUE ME! I HAVE PEOPLE DYING DOWN HERE!" I shouted. The chopper hovered above me, and zoomed over the field where I was when I originally awoke. Water thrashed as I ran as fast as I could to the chopper that just landed over the hill. I hit land and ran as fast as I ever ran. Once I got to the top, I rolled down. "THANK GOD!" I shouted over the chopper propellers. "COME IN!" The pilot said. I ran over, soaked, bloody and exhausted, to the chopper. I jumped in, and the chopper hovered in the air again. "TAKE A TURRET!" Shouted the pilot. 3 more men I didn't remember sitting on the edge of the chopper. I took a turret and screamed, "WHERE ARE WE GOING?" The pilot responded quickly. "BOOT CAMP!" I froze. Was everyone OK there?

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 20:33:43 Reply

hey guys... just to put this in, it would not be too good if you make it seem like an entire race was destroyed in the course of one night. try and make it seem more like a human/vampire war . science vs magic really, if not then I don't know.

I just don't think it would be that fun anymore if this turns into a zombie survival like story :(

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 20:45:41 Reply

I try to keep my walking speed more along the speed of a human's, but it is slow going, and I chaf at the lack of distance we've covered.
"Are we near a river or lake soon?" I ask, fear of dying in the sunlight making me sound a bit more forceful than I'd meant it to...
It was no use getting angry at the humans, so I take my time scanning the terrain, looking out for hiding spots for us, or an ambush from enemies. If only I had taken more solar pills with me, I would not have to worry as much but then again, hindsight's a bastard.
As I am scanning the area, I catch a glimpse of something in the distance.
"Eric or Brian! What is that building coming up in front of us?" I almost looked like a church, with stone gargoyles, steeple roofs and towers, and a lot of icons. But none of the artifacts or icons looked to be of obvious Christian design; there were no crosses, just a bunch of fleur de lys symbols.
"How odd..." Is all I say, as I wait for the humans to answer me.

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 21:47:00 Reply

You would have thought I would recognize the place, truth be told I did. Only now I did. We had Been walking around here but I had not been paying attention, only thinking.

It was my house, nicknamed, the Church, Because of the look. everyone seemed to think it was haunted when they looked inside and saw no one. having things that look like that had been my dad's hobby, or obsession. He was pretty much devoted to researching something he never told me what it was.

But he was actually a pretty religious person, church every sunday. he sometimes went to some events and groups. Almost every twenty words he would mention god about something!

"don't let the look fool you, It's not some cultist church ... it's my house." A foul taste was on my tongue when I thought about what everyone would find inside. two corpses, that's what they would find "you mentioned something about a river, well I can do something about that once we get inside!"

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 22:00:04 Reply

"Oh happy days, I get to go into a creepy house with probably some sex dungeon!" I said sarcastically "Every one go inside, I'll hunt." I started to limp away. It's not that I didn't trust the guy. It's just I have a really bad feeling about the house. 'If you don't think I should go, shoot me in my leg. Apparently that's how it works in this crazy new world."

"Would you kindly..."

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 23:10:10 Reply

"that wound is going to be fatal in the near future if you don't do something about it." This guy, what was he thinking that he could just limp around without even trying get medical help for that leg! "either way we might have a couple of people to burn or bury in a little bit!"

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-01 23:48:11 Reply

"Enough bickering!" I say, my voice raised a bit. I look at the house, and try to feel it with my senses...Something was not right, the human Eric had been correct on that part. It was not holy ground for any religion, which would have inhibited my powers slightly, nor was it consecrated to some pagan deity or being. I finally placed the bizarre feeling.
"This is a wizard's house!" I exclaim, my sense of smell detecting the faint scent of magic, and my tongue tasting the tang of ozone, which always accompanied a wizard's power.
"You said this was your home?" I inquire, looking at Brian. "How is that possible? The Order has no records on any mages of any sort living in this area!" How odd, and how mysterious...

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 00:05:49 Reply

At 6/1/11 11:48 PM, Samastol wrote:
"This is a wizard's house!"

it's a twist... no seriously I was not expecting that lawls!!!

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 00:06:59 Reply

"Im not surprised. there are quite a bit of creepy things in this house." As for dad I mater as well tell them now before anything else goes down. "as for dad ... I guess you could say discovering that little fact put together what exactly his research was that he seemed to love so much."

he was a vampire I think, is that even possible

"I only found this out when he died but ... I guess you could say he was a vampire, I think. When he found me..." I felt a lump forming in my throat at the mention of this. "we practically built this place together, altho I don't know why he had all the symbols!"

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 08:04:13 Reply

"Knew I was right and I'll be fine. I was a nurse." I said as I Limped away on my crutch. I hoped that they wouldn't laugh.

"Would you kindly..."

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 16:56:45 Reply

Name. brian. (orphan) (EVERYONE)( I am updating this with a couple more details!)
Race. human.
Age. 17
Appearance. Caucasian blond hair, blue eyes, 5.6 feet tall, tan cargo pants a black undershirt and a worn out dark blue coat with an assortment of patches torn and still there, it was too big.
Karma. sadistic good.
Perks/Powers. blanks out from time to time. No powers yet? maybe!?!.
Weapons. nothing at the moment!
Trinkets. small golden cross necklace. voice recorder.

"should we just leave the him be?" He was a nurse, but not a doctor!

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 17:17:56 Reply

"If Eric wants to suffer, he is welcome to do so," I say, still looking at Brian. "You say your father was a Vampire? How is that possible? Once the Kiss of Death has been given and someone becomes a Vampire, they are 99% of the time sterile! How did he concieve you?"

BBS Signature
lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 18:09:30 Reply

"orphan ... remember, I was living on the streets when he found me. Gave me a chance, it was maybe ten years ago." I hope I wasn't getting all gloomy. "I was doing my normal routine, stealing from the rich. heading to the restaurants down on kerry street in richmond, I would get a couple of the leftovers from a friend that worked there. That was when he showed up. we got into a conversation about something, He put his coat on me." I grabbed the sleeve of my coat and tugged it a little. "and asked if I wanted to stay at his place for a little while. It was a couple days after that, that he started questioning me about something else. I can't really remember, Acting pretty surprised, as if he had found gold!"

Optimisticperson
Optimisticperson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 19:28:50 Reply

When I was waiting in the forest, I started to flare up .I painfully checked my leg. The leg was realigning it's self just fine, but the burn wound is causing some blood poisoning. I was about to say fuck, when a doe started to approach me. She was curious about what I was. I made it quick.

I started to lift her to the weird house when I fell down. It was the fever kicking in. My skin was also paling. I had to get to the house fast. Maybe trade the doe, so Zach can heal my blood poisoning and burns. I just had to get back.

"Would you kindly..."

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-02 20:07:16 Reply

It was a couple minutes after Eric left that we had reached the house. now I can tell you now, I was not expecting much. And I was just about right. I went ahead of the vampire and tested the door, locked. We always kept it like this so it locks as soon as it closes, I looked under the stone lantern to my right and grabbed the key, slowly I unlocked the door. the vampire was standing behind me now on the lower step glancing around. I didn't particularly want him to see this, but it was inevitable!

I heard the metallic click as the lock turned and stopped.

"wanna help me with the bodies". I asked in a gloomy tone.

And it was about as much as I had expected, as I opened the door. Two corpses, but the place was wrecked!

We had made the main hall and entrance to resemble a catholic church, but smaller. the real secrets began from here!

mmarage
mmarage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 01:30:47 Reply

Name: Joe Dawson
Race: Vampire
Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, a black jacket that's usually unzipped, white shirt, blue jeans, six feet tall.
Power: Nothing yet
Karmic balance: Evil
Weapon: 9mm pistol, combat knife

I pulled out my pistol and sighed. "If it comes down to it then I guess..." I muttered, I pushed him aside, I looked at the humans. "Stand down or I'll kill all of you." I said with a cold tone, I didn't show or feel any fear, my gun was letting off a strange aura.

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 16:57:10 Reply

The inside of the manor was nice and cozy, as far as human dwellings went. I noticed the wreakage of the furniture, and looked at the corpses. I look at Brian, who is clearly remembering happier days in this place.
"I would like to inspect the corpses, if I may. It might tell me some useful, and much needed, information," I ask Brian. After all, one of the dead was his adoptive father.

BBS Signature
Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 17:00:07 Reply

"I may need to use some...unusual methods to obtain any relevant data, so I would like your express permission before I start." As I wait I look at the corpses, studying them from a far. Rose is looking around the room, clearly impressed by the design of the home. I then ask Brian another question.
"What was your father's name?"

BBS Signature
shimmyya
shimmyya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 17:32:20 Reply

i shot edward from twlight in the face the end

queef!

lilfozzy
lilfozzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 19:28:53 Reply

"nothing of significance." I noticed the vampire was a little confused at that statement. " Tra'daBc Significativo." I struggle a little bit to produce the right pronunciation for the name. "The last name is an italian word the first and second names are combined to form a single word, and the letter at the end of the first name represents your age from a to z in the alphabet. each letter represents a decade, and having two letters represents in between those decades, say if you are 45 years old an De would be added to your name.

I look at the corpse after running my mouth off about the culture of whatever country dad came from ... He talked about it a lot, as if he missed being there!

"As for examining the bodies if you need to, you can." I lower my voice a tiny bit. "We only need to honer the soul."

Samastol
Samastol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Vampire Survival Story (New one!) 2011-06-03 23:18:32 Reply

I nod in agreement.
"Very well then." That said, I approach the body of Brian's father, and begin to inspect him. He was indeed a Vampire, and a realitivly powerful one; I could tell by the magical residue on the body that this man had been able to use at least Tier Five spells and skills. From my inspection of his pupils, he had died slowly, his life draining away from the wounds in his corpse. Even as I looked him over, I did not recognize him...all Vampires are recorded in the Tomes of Blood, a collection of books that details the lineage, power level, skills, appearance and alliance of every Vampire. As an Inquisitor, I had access to the books, and as a result, I knew the faces of many Vampires, but I had not read the entire series. There were, of course, exceptions for Vampires who were not in the book...some Vampires did not contact the Order to announce the creation of a new Bloodling or Bloodchild, but they inevitably were found out, and punished. Thralls did not need to be announced and recorded, as they are nothing but slaves to a true Vampire's will. After several minutes of inspecting the body of the assailant (a Tier Two Vampire), and finding nothing to confirm any notion of who started the war, I decide to perform a Blood-Trance on the body of Brian's father. I lift the limp body in my arms, and bare my fangs, and mutter a spell. Then, without hesitation, I plunge my razor sharp incisors into the skull of the man! Brian and Rose are startled, but let them be. I quickly consume as much blood and brain fluids as I can in one gulp, and release the body. I feel the Blood-Trance begin.
Soon, I see the most recent and memorable thoughts and memories of the deceased Vampire I had bitten. I filter the rush of raw data with disciplined thoughts and focus, and concentrate on the vital parts.
I suddenly bolt up from the floors, so many things becoming clear to me. I was not able to find out about the instigator of the war, but enough to understand other parts.
I look ar Brian, who was staring at me with revulsion.
"You...I can't believe it...Can you really be..." I gasp, my mouth flapping. The mystery just got more intense.

BBS Signature