00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Late Night Lounge

725,341 Views | 15,630 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-15 16:50:15

At 6/15/05 03:19 PM, horse_w_no_name wrote: Perhaps I'll start writing again ^_^

Awesome, I would really like to see some! =)

At 6/15/05 03:52 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=288911
Lovely.

Eh, who cares. It's just some kid.

Anyway, would you care adding me on MSN (I ain't sure if you've done that already though)?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-15 20:08:55

At 6/15/05 03:52 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I was on AIM today just to have a fun chat with Uberbarista, but I got IMs from random people and look what happened:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=288911

S
Lovely.

I hope this has nothing to do with your recent issues with other users, i mean you basicly told all of newgrounds by now, and its really not needed here...

Have story or a poem then feel free to write one but leave the battles someplace else thank you...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-15 22:29:58

At 6/15/05 02:32 PM, horse_w_no_name wrote: I just Googled my story for the heck of it and came across this...

hope you like here...you know, aside from the lack of due credit

This person, Aasha, copied In This Moment into this thread some time back. I see no credit given to me at any point in these posts.

i remember aasha saying she made stories with friends...

As an author, it deeply touches me when people enjoy something I have created. It cuts me to the core when it is stolen from me. I put my heart and soul into my stories, and it kills me to see someone else slap their name on it.

wow...i'd never figure she would do that, i havn't seen her in a long ass time.

so..do you know her? did you write the story with her?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 00:23:29

Aww Aasha well tbh this place is only a club for stories and poems, as to who wrote what i dont know for sure, only thing we could hope is that Aasha comes by and gives some sorta insight to the "STORY" at hand hehe...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 08:16:11

Well it seems like she's guilty Quisty. =/

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 08:58:46

At 6/15/05 10:29 PM, MALforPresident wrote:
so..do you know her? did you write the story with her?

No, I don't know this person. Over the years I received a few e-mails from people asking if they could add my story to their web pages, and I always checked to make sure they put everything in properly. This is the second instance of someone else taking credit for In This Moment. The first was on fanfiction.net

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 09:12:21

At 11/1/04 09:09 AM, Aasha wrote: ^^; Pleeeeease give some sorta comment on that one. it's an old one but it took me one full year to write that out back in 1999-2000. Mostly cus I wasn't just writing one though. But still... Please someone comment.

This post was the clincher. I really hope this Aasha says something, because I just really have one question: Why?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 11:03:52

At 6/15/05 04:50 PM, Andersson wrote: Eh, who cares. It's just some kid.

A screenshot with that thread name and another thread was the best part. :D

"Bahamut7 is gay"
"Overwhelming amount of crap"

When I read that in my head, I laughed.

Anyway, would you care adding me on MSN (I ain't sure if you've done that already though)?

My MSN is BahamutVII@gmail.com. I don't really add people, but if you want to add me, then that's fine.

At 6/15/05 08:08 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I hope this has nothing to do with your recent issues with other users, i mean you basicly told all of newgrounds by now, and its really not needed here...

They seem to be bashing me on AIM. I find it strange that it hasn't happened on MSN.

Have story or a poem then feel free to write one but leave the battles someplace else thank you...

Alright, but I wasn't going to have fights against any of those people here. Just showed how strange it was to log on AIM, talk to someone and get those IMs. :S Oh well.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 11:44:11

At 6/16/05 11:03 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: My MSN is BahamutVII@gmail.com. I don't really add people, but if you want to add me, then that's fine.

ooo I would like another person to be on my MSN not many are. Would you accept being another one of those persons?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 16:29:27

At 6/16/05 08:58 AM, horse_w_no_name wrote: No, I don't know this person. Over the years I received a few e-mails from people asking if they could add my story to their web pages, and I always checked to make sure they put everything in properly. This is the second instance of someone else taking credit for In This Moment. The first was on fanfiction.net

it would seem so weird that somebody woudl steal work such as that. not giving credit where credit is due is a horrible thing to do. maybe i should do a few searches of my own work and maybe i'll be able to stop people from doignt he same to me.

either way, i hope you understand it was the actions of one person on this site, not that of anyone else here, and i hope that hasn't given you the impression that people in here steal stories and that from other places.

also, i know a efw people who frequent fanfiction.com..and fictionally or something like that. though they stick to the smutty harry potter fan fics.

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 16:46:23

At 6/16/05 04:30 PM, Quisty wrote: We need more stories in here right now, so I hope to see some soon. I would love to see more of the work ~X~ is doing, and Andersson has some great stuff too ^_^

I have a humungous story. Only problem is it's lemony snickers, so I don't think I'll post it. Erm... I'll just see what Aasha thinks whether I should or shouldn't.

Oh yeah, I'm working on a new Flash, it's in the NG Mag. Alpha section. Please leave suggestions on how to make my movie better.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 17:06:46

Whoaaa Earth Quake #3 for the week

Thats a lot of quakes in one week one of which was in the ocean at 7.0 casing a Tusamni (SP?) warning, but i just felt another Quake which was not that bad heh...

the fun factors of living in california...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 17:29:04

At 6/16/05 04:29 PM, MALforPresident wrote: either way, i hope you understand it was the actions of one person on this site, not that of anyone else here, and i hope that hasn't given you the impression that people in here steal stories and that from other places.

No no, I don't have that impression at all. I have a lot of respect for internet authors because none of us are getting paid for the things that we create. We write purely to express ourselves and entertain others. Forums like this are excellent because an author can get instant feedback on something they have written. I’m all for it ^_^

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 17:36:43

At 6/16/05 04:30 PM, Quisty wrote: I sent Aasha a letter in the secret AAHC forums, and I asked her to come here, and explain things if she wants to.

I really hope she does. I'm not going to go into a psycho screaming fit, I just want to know why she did it. I've skimmed through a few of her stories, and she seems like a fine writer. I don't see why she would feel the desire to copy In This Moment. I'd be the first to admit that it's mostly introspective nonsense. Heh, after four years of college literature and writing classes, I look at some sections of that story and just groan.

Still, I wrote it during a tough time in my life, and there's a piece of my soul in every word. Even if some of it makes me giggle and groan now, it still holds a special place in my heart.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 20:51:21

At 6/16/05 05:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Whoaaa Earth Quake #3 for the week

get used to them buddy, california is on a major fault line.

i'm on a techtonic plate line or something, goes right through my area, down right through NYC too..its supposidly due in for a major quake or soemthing soon.

i actually live in a prety active are, but only very small quakes, nothing like what california gets.

Thats a lot of quakes in one week one of which was in the ocean at 7.0 casing a Tusamni (SP?) warning, but i just felt another Quake which was not that bad heh...

i heard about taht, its a Tsunami, you were close, i saw the news, was it the one that was like 5.3 on the rictor scale that got on CNN?

the fun factors of living in california...

you know, i've always wanted to live in northern california. you know, right between the rockies and the ocean.

be able to surf one weekend and go out snowboarding another...my dream life. but its a lot like here, fucked up cost of living!

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 20:53:43

At 6/16/05 05:29 PM, horse_w_no_name wrote: No no, I don't have that impression at all. I have a lot of respect for internet authors because none of us are getting paid for the things that we create.

we are also making our stuff open to the world with no way of keeping it safe. with publishers, you can copyright all that you write and keep it in a book. but on the net, it's not copyrighted and it's immediately out there, with no way of getting it back. sadly, things like this do happen.

We write purely to express ourselves and entertain others. Forums like this are excellent because an author can get instant feedback on something they have written. I’m all for it ^_^

exactly, that's what this thread is for - sharing what we write and getting some feedback

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 21:15:49

I can hear the thunder far away
I can hear the thunder of guns
of panzer tanks and war drums

The smell of sweat is stinging in my nose
The heat is killing me and my battle horse

I glance at the woods to find myself some peace
I seek my eyes to the horizon to find it burning
Suddenly a dangerous sound and a thunder without a cease
Panic and death in my sight, where ever I'm turning

I fall off my horse who rears up in the outbreak of the fight
I charge my Mauser and the head of a German gets in the sight
I pull the trigger, feel the recoil and from the muzzlebreaker I can see a flaming light
It's not night, still I can see that sign of death spitted out so bright

My friend is lying not far away
His screams are sharper than what putted him there he now lay
All medics are dead and no help on the way
Feelt a wreth I thought forever would stay
May I never forget this and those we lost that day

Those soldiers are dead but still breathing

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 21:33:49

For a long time they had been waiting
They needed a conflict to solve another
For years the fire been growing with them haiting
The rules of war was now not bothered

The one who broke most rules would win
They thought, but their chances was thin

The war ended with twice much pain
As both them lost with nothing gained

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 21:47:29

Nice work Anderson...

I also like that you spaced it out, so that you can take your time reading it, looking good, you should make more from this one sounds interesting....

you may also want to post it in our LNL Forums but you dont have to...

LATE NIGHT LOUNGE FORUMS

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 21:50:12

At 6/16/05 09:47 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Nice work Anderson...

Thanks. =)

You may also want to post it in our LNL Forums but you dont have to...

I was about to ask you if I could make a thread there for my RPG game. It would give you a couple of members too. ; )

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 21:51:51

At 6/16/05 09:47 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: you may also want to post it in our LNL Forums but you dont have to...

if X were a woman that would mean you absolutely have to..or else!

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-16 22:10:16

Atomic bombs each soldier's fear
No sight but suddenly something I hear

A raising noice of strenght or doom
A deadly weapon with a smoke that bloom

Singing the song of death
Letting them taking a huge last breath

Many of their's will safe return
While more of us in toxic will burn

Erased from earth not worthy existance
I hope I'll return to the place I was ment to be born at

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 02:01:08

Inspiration is about opening your mind and expanding on even an object you see.

Well, my cousin is coming back home in a few days, so dont expect me to be on for a while; I wont have the time to cruise around the web all day long.

Since this will be my last post in a while, I'll write a poem of finality.

Death of a Warrior

This is the soul of a man who knew his fate
He chose a path where he would be bound to his end
Forsaking himself for others, he is one who is not afraid
Not afraid to die, so long as he died fighting
Fighting for whatever reason, for love, for his beliefs, his own power
His own vision, now darkening into a terminal white light

This is the soul of a man who chose to die
To die in a blaze of glory, in a veil of honor
To die by the sword of his enemy, proven superior in a duel
To die in honor, with no quarter given by either swordsman
To die refusing to quit and to give up, still trying to defeat his enemy
To die with his last ounce of strength, his finger rested on the pistol

This is indeed, the soul of a warrior
His legacy as a fighter never forgotten
His legend, from birth to death, always told
So that those warriors who created gods in their minds, such as All-Father Odin
So also is built, a place for these honored men and women, in the realm Valhalla
May his soul rest in peace

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 09:56:14

A shadow running through the woods
A stream of light from our moon

A fallen tree which cross the road
A lonely horseman with his load

He's the lord of nothing but his power
This horseman yet an unbroken flower

The untold story of the shape in black
Those who'd told them hidden in his sack

A owl sounds loud, a warning it become
The furious shadow explodes like a bomb

The horseman shouts "He's everywhere!"
No way to run must face his fears

The shadow flys by with a sword and with it he lash the man
He takes a huge bite from his throat as if it was a ham

The darkened shape moves on and away
At some moment of his life he went astray

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 10:31:53

Nicely done, Andersson. Good job weaving the description of the scene playing out very well. A good transitional piece altogether. :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 11:11:27

At 6/17/05 10:31 AM, ShadowBaofu wrote: Nicely done, Andersson. Good job weaving the description of the scene playing out very well. A good transitional piece altogether. :)

Thanks, I must say that I like yours too. The last lines are the best. =)
I got on the Chat to say it to you but you was idle.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 11:16:51

At 6/16/05 11:44 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote: ooo I would like another person to be on my MSN not many are. Would you accept being another one of those persons?

Heh, accepted you. Thanks for adding me! :D Not really common getting two people adding me on the same day, although I once got two people adding me at the same time. XD I'd say that was strange.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 11:27:18

Woah, some amazing poetry bu Boafu and Andersson, i especially like the war poems. Outstanding guys. This place needed a few war poems :d Livens the place up a bit. Man, all i seem to bring to this place is drunken stories. I think i will try and write something decent for a while. Maybe not, maybe i'll continue to write about naked people in drinking competitions :D

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 11:29:35

At 6/17/05 11:27 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Woah, some amazing poetry bu Boafu and Andersson, i especially like the war poems. Outstanding guys. This place needed a few war poems :d Livens the place up a bit. Man, all i seem to bring to this place is drunken stories. I think i will try and write something decent for a while. Maybe not, maybe i'll continue to write about naked people in drinking competitions :D

Maybe some with more impact; that one I wrote about the sniper seemed so... tranquil with only the final strike. Like the calm before the storm.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2005-06-17 11:34:57

At 6/15/05 01:14 AM, Quisty wrote: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wee wee. XD

How's everyone doing. Haven't had too much time to hang around on my 2 favorite websites...NG and RG...but I'm coming back by Monday. I need some serious relaxation time.

In order to make this post look good, I'm going to post this little thing. No, I didn't make it up. But it is a hell of a laugh.

Charlie Brown Specials We'd Love To See

A few years ago, Charlie Brown and the PEANUTS gang made a new friend who developed leukemia in an animated special entitled “Why, Charlie Brown, Why?”

Recently, MetLife has put out a series of instructional pamphlets which feature the PEANUTS gang dealing with such issues as the loss of a loved one, writing a will, and dealing with a permanent disability. Now that Charlie Brown is dealing with important issues, how about some PEANUTS specials for the kids of the 21st century?

We could learn about V.D. in “It Burns When I Pee, Charlie Brown.”

Chuck and the Little Red-Headed Girl find out about unwanted pregnancy in “It’s Blue, Charlie Brown!”

Charlie Brown peddles his body for crack money while stealing Social Security checks and boosting automobiles in “Go Blame Society, Charlie Brown”.

Is Linus gay? Find out in “It's A Different Kind Of Love, Charlie Brown”.

Explore the real problems of child abuse in America in “You Made Me Do That, Charlie Brown.”

See how the PEANUTS gang deals with date rape in “No Means No, Charlie Brown.”

Discover a father's forbidden love in “It's Our Little Secret, Charlie Brown...”

What goes on in the mind of a serial killer? Discover the inner workings of Pig Pen's twisted psyche and meet his murderous alter ego, Mr. Clean, in “Jesus Told Me To Do It, Charlie Brown!”

The PEANUTS gang gets a lesson in Ebonics in “Im’a Bust A Cap In Yo Ass, Charlie Brown".

That last one did it for me.

This stuff about Aasha...I dunno. She sounded like a cool person to me.

Ok LATER.