Delik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:20:15 Reply

At 3/19/11 10:09 PM, zooos wrote:
At 3/19/11 09:52 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: His post
I have to ask Incendiary, by your comment about the guy posting in the stoners club, are you trying to say that just because a person smokes weed that can't be/shouldn't be in the military? If not what is it you meant by that comment? My brother is in the Army, he smokes weed, and has served in Afghanistan. Does him smoking weed make him less of a soldier or something?

Not to mention in all honesty if one group was allowed to smoke weed, I think it should be the people in the military. They risk their lives, who are we to interfere with something such as that. Granted I don't think they should smoke weed while on duty, but on their down time if they want so be it.

I remember my brother told me about his experience at boot camp. He said at the end of it, everyone was allowed to go out and celebrate, most of them went to a local bar. A lot of the people that went were under 21. The lady who owned the bar allowed them to drink, her reasoning she said, "If your allowed to go and die for this country, then you have ever right to drink". I feel the same about weed.

Personally, I would agree with you on that, but it's not the way it is. I don't think he intended that by his comment, but the USMC has a zero tolerance policy on drugs, including marijuana, and they drug-test regularly. So it would be very difficult to maintain that habit while simultaneously being employed in this branch of the service. I believe that was his point.

Also, Oohrah Gunny Hathcock, amazing sniper. :)

I take absolutely no responsibility for people following my advice. Failing to notice this disclaimer does not exempt one from it. You have been warned. :)
<<<<MY DUB SONG>>>>

BBS Signature
Delik
Delik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:21:23 Reply

At 3/19/11 10:19 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I want to get a tattoo of him on one of my testicals, with Chesty Puller on the other.

Hahaha!

I take absolutely no responsibility for people following my advice. Failing to notice this disclaimer does not exempt one from it. You have been warned. :)
<<<<MY DUB SONG>>>>

BBS Signature
zalecot
zalecot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:25:49 Reply

In all honesty, if we really wanted we could beat china, but not in a groud war. What we could do is glass their country in a full scale nuclear assault. Though taking such action would bring down the wrath of the rest of the world on us, and the death throws of china as they launch their own nuclear arsenal onto us.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings!"

BBS Signature
physicsman09
physicsman09
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:25:51 Reply

Hate begets hate.

Let it be.

"Physicsman09: The Gordon Freeman of Newgrounds"
-The-Hitman

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:32:31 Reply

At 3/19/11 10:21 PM, Delik wrote:
At 3/19/11 10:19 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I want to get a tattoo of him on one of my testicals, with Chesty Puller on the other.
Hahaha!

Like so:

I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think..

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Delik
Delik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:34:51 Reply

That would be pretty epic, not gonna lie.

<<<<MY DUB SONG>>>>

BBS Signature
DannyJay
DannyJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:39:21 Reply

At 3/19/11 10:07 PM, svenisgod wrote:
At 3/19/11 09:58 PM, DannyJay wrote: Do they have more people?-yes, but are they as well-trained as our soldiers and have as well-technology? no.
You can have the best rifle in the world but that isnt going to mean shit if you have 10 people with WW2 rifles aiming at you.
Its funny when people from the states talk about their military.

Lets look at China's population that's fit for military: (this is the maximum number of people from the population that are fit for military service in the event of a draft) around 750,000,000 men and women.

and for America's :around 140,000,000. That means in a war, the ratio of american soldiers to chinese soldiers is about 1:5.
Don't forget that our allies will back us up too, while China would only have North Korea, Iran, and maybe Cuba and Russia to help it. China and America have some mutual allies, though I don't think they'd want to get involved unless affected by the conflict in some way at home.

Budget for Chinese military at the moment: Estimated $91,500,000,000
Budget for America's military at the moment: Almost $700,000,000,000

More than half of china's population lives in poverty and is starving.

In the event that I was surrounded by "10 WW2 rifles aiming at you" and I had the best rifle in the world, yeah i'd have to surrender to them or blow my brains out, but I'm not sure why I'm all alone somewhere in China in the first place.

Don't be afraid of failure.

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:40:43 Reply

You win some, you lose some. No country has a perfect record when it comes to wars.

<3

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-19 22:42:42 Reply

At 3/19/11 10:25 PM, zalecot wrote: In all honesty, if we really wanted we could beat china, but not in a groud war.

Well army v. army in a 1600s style battle, China might win. Luckily, war includes the ground, air, and sea.

We would have superiority of the air, and our navy would buttfuck theirs. Not to mention our ground troops are more well trained, and more experienced than theirs. Although, I am impressed by what I have seen of Chinese drill.

What we could do is glass their country in a full scale nuclear assault.

A nuclear arsenal is the military equivalent of stuffing your crotch. It makes you look big, but you'll never fuck anyone with it.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
DannyJay
DannyJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-20 01:52:15 Reply

anyone else think america is stoopid?

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-20 02:24:30 Reply

At 3/20/11 01:52 AM, DannyJay wrote: anyone else think america is stoopid?

Considering you live in a city that has more US flags displayed than anywhere else I've ever seen, and I've seen over half the US, that's silly coming from you.

Walk down wall street, 34th street, broad street, or broadway for that matter, trip on a curb, and your face lands in a US flag.

Shadowu
Shadowu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Filmmaker
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 16:43:32 Reply

(Did not read the entire thread)

But right now America is a superpower. Even without our nukes we can still take over the world.

We did not want to take over Iraq, idiot. Bush wanted their oil so made a fake excuse about WMDs. Then we helped them rebuild their government. Not take over them.

I hate all the other countries for hate America just because of WWII.

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 16:46:47 Reply

The American army is subtile:

Tateos
Tateos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 16:49:21 Reply

China has more people in their Military than there are in America.

andrease
andrease
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 16:49:53 Reply

I hate everyone in the whole world. Including myself. But mostly anyone under 17 years, fuck you guys. Generation Y my ass. You are generation ASS

Fuck the corporate world!

Henchman1028
Henchman1028
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 17:16:59 Reply

At 3/19/11 07:15 PM, Neoncouch wrote: we might not have many men but we do have BIG ASS NUKES!

Which you can't use, or the rest of the world turns on you...

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 17:28:48 Reply

It depends. We could destroy a country if we wanted, but not defeat it. We have enough nuclear weapons to reduce cities to ashes, and kill off everyone. However, that doesn't really suit our greedy aims for accumulating wealth, rubber, oil, you name it. And it would be hard for us to really invade as well; if we wanted, we could drop bomb after bomb on any country we wanted, probably even Russia, but we couldn't get what we wanted out of everyone; retaliatory strikes would be so deadly we would have to annihilate the opposing country very quickly.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 21:08:41 Reply

At 3/21/11 04:49 PM, Tateos wrote: China has more people in their Military than there are in America.

Conscripts < Volunteers.

Also, I play this card:

BBS Signature
LlamaReaper
LlamaReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 21:14:30 Reply

Well, if we nuked the fuck outta Libya, than yeah we would "win". But no decent human being would be serious about that.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Programmer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 21:31:37 Reply

At 3/21/11 09:08 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Conscripts < Volunteers.

Also, I play this card:

Conscripts made the difference in WW2 though, most of the Soviets were conscripts and they pushed the Nazis all the way back. Even though they were conscripts as well, they were much better trained and equipped.

Of course, when it comes to fight it out evenly, a volunteer army would probably beat a conscripted army, but when you put the number differences, it's probably not as easy to imagine.

We can't say that if a war breaks out, America would kick ass or would get their asses kicked, they might invest a lot of resources on an attack and the Chinese anticipated it or something, or the Chinese manage to surprise the Americans, war isn't as predicable when you have two major powers facing each other.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 21:35:45 Reply

Invading any country and defeating them, no. Defending the mainland ferociously against any threat, yes.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 22:20:16 Reply

You have a point OP, honestly the US couldn't invade and take over China without China blowing the fuck out of them as well. It would be a massacre.

People think invading countries is easy but it isn't even if you have the most powerful weapons in the world and most infantry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 23:38:19 Reply

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: ...America has the biggest army in the world, and could invade any country they want.

China and North Korea have bigger armies in terms of numbers, but we're the most powerful in terms of technology.

I'm an American myself, don't get me wrong, but we didn't win in Afghanistan, we didn't win in Iraq, and we won't win in Libya,

Yes, we did. In Afghanistan, we chased the Taliban out of power, and set up a government, although the government is virtually incompentant. In Iraq, we got rid of Saddam Hussein and set up a much more stable democratic government, and to a lesser extent, the oil. As for Libya, we're softening up their defenses for the French and British to do their thing.

Now, if America was being invaded, that's one thing. As Isoroku Yamamoto said during World War II, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Agreed.

So what do you think, Newgrounds. If America went to war right now (which we pretty much are with Libya), would we win against ANY country we wanted?

Yes we can, because we possess nuclear weapons, which scares the crap out of everyone, and in a convential sense, our technology is a lot more advanced than most nations. Now of course, it would be totally unwise if we {hypothetically speaking, of course} invaded China or even Russia for whatever reason. In short, we can, but we obviously shouldn't.

At the risk of sounding like a hardcore patriot here, but I don't really recall America ever losing a war, {except the Civil War, where no one really wins.} In the war of 1812, we eventually kicked the British's ass back to Canada {which at the time, was British owned}, and never surrendered. In Vietnam, the South Vietnam Army technically lost that war, because they couldn't hold their own against the NVA and the Viet Cong, America never offically surrendered. After WW2, we don't fight wars or conflicts for turf, in that sense.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
theshadowwolf
theshadowwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-21 23:48:53 Reply

We may not have the biggest army, but we have the overinflated, useless, bogged down military budget of any country in the world. In fact, the US, spends more on defense than the next, oh, I'm not entirely sure, maybe 10 countries COMBINED. And people think that UNIONS are the problem with the economy.

Vote Green.
Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 00:10:55 Reply

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: ...America has the biggest army in the world, and could invade any country they want.

We could, just not succesfully

I'm an American myself, don't get me wrong, but we didn't win in Afghanistan, we didn't win in Iraq, and we won't win in Libya, and my dipshit friend is telling me in English the other day that if we invaded China we would win. He was fucking serious. He thinks that we could beat any country right now if we wanted to, despite the fact that we're in two wars, and we've had thousands dead and injured. Yeah, we're in the perfect spot to start another war.

Thoasands isn't that much. We could have a chance but the Chinese could overwhelm us like they did in Korea.

Also Libya is quite different then Afghanistan and Iraq, in Libya we're merely helping the popular government come to power and crush Gaddafi in Iraq and Afghanistan we're just invading.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
DannyJay
DannyJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 00:18:31 Reply

At 3/20/11 02:24 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 3/20/11 01:52 AM, DannyJay wrote: anyone else think america is stoopid?
Considering you live in a city that has more US flags displayed than anywhere else I've ever seen, and I've seen over half the US, that's silly coming from you.

Walk down wall street, 34th street, broad street, or broadway for that matter, trip on a curb, and your face lands in a US flag.

The fact that there are flags every where undoubtedly proves America is stupid.

BBS Signature
Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 00:52:49 Reply

I don't know why people keep saying this, we're not at war with Libya. And to answer your question, invasions aren't exactly the easiest or fastest things in this day and age, so no. We'd have about as much luck invading China as another superpower like Russia would invading Haiti.

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 00:53:47 Reply

At 3/21/11 11:48 PM, theshadowwolf wrote: We may not have the biggest army, but we have the overinflated, useless, bogged down military budget of any country in the world. In fact, the US, spends more on defense than the next, oh, I'm not entirely sure, maybe 10 countries COMBINED. And people think that UNIONS are the problem with the economy.

Um no most of the money for the military comes from foreign loans, and in terms of % GDP it's actually not that bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Milita ry_expenditure_by_GDP_2008.png

So yah while it is pretty bad and the most in the Western World it's not that bad, Saudi Arabia Eritea and Chad's spending is far worse.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 01:34:27 Reply

How do you win a war exactly? It's not like during World War 2. The enemies are not guys in uniforms, fighting for a country to which you declared war.

The American Army is fighting "terrorists" in Afghanistan. And em... in Irak... they are fighting... em... who exactly?

Modern Warfare is just not the same as it used to be. Things have changed.

the United States could not invade or fight any or all countries in the world. In fact, no war should happen in between any big countries, because it could seriously damage the Earth... So no, the United States couldn't win a war against ANY country in the world, because a lot of countries have enough weapons to destroy the Earth countless times.

So I will just leave you with this quote:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 01:38:57 Reply

At 3/22/11 12:18 AM, DannyJay wrote:
The fact that there are flags every where undoubtedly proves America is stupid.

So patriotism = stupidity?

I wonder how a stupid country got to be so damn powerful.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature