00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think..

10,345 Views | 113 Replies

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 00:53:47

At 3/21/11 11:48 PM, theshadowwolf wrote: We may not have the biggest army, but we have the overinflated, useless, bogged down military budget of any country in the world. In fact, the US, spends more on defense than the next, oh, I'm not entirely sure, maybe 10 countries COMBINED. And people think that UNIONS are the problem with the economy.

Um no most of the money for the military comes from foreign loans, and in terms of % GDP it's actually not that bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Milita ry_expenditure_by_GDP_2008.png

So yah while it is pretty bad and the most in the Western World it's not that bad, Saudi Arabia Eritea and Chad's spending is far worse.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 01:34:27

How do you win a war exactly? It's not like during World War 2. The enemies are not guys in uniforms, fighting for a country to which you declared war.

The American Army is fighting "terrorists" in Afghanistan. And em... in Irak... they are fighting... em... who exactly?

Modern Warfare is just not the same as it used to be. Things have changed.

the United States could not invade or fight any or all countries in the world. In fact, no war should happen in between any big countries, because it could seriously damage the Earth... So no, the United States couldn't win a war against ANY country in the world, because a lot of countries have enough weapons to destroy the Earth countless times.

So I will just leave you with this quote:

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 01:40:52

At 3/22/11 01:38 AM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 3/22/11 12:18 AM, DannyJay wrote:
The fact that there are flags every where undoubtedly proves America is stupid.
So patriotism = stupidity?

I wonder how a stupid country got to be so damn powerful.

And you seem to believe that fighting wars is the only way to solve things. And that my friend is quite fucking stupid.

Patriosm is dumb, especially when you don't fucking understand what you're own government is fighting wars in countries you probably never heard of before they attacked it.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 02:08:20

At 3/22/11 01:51 AM, Jedi-Master wrote: When did I say that? Seriously, when did I say that? I actually advocate diplomacy any day over warfare.

Reading your previous post again...
You said something like "I wonder how a stupid country got to be so damn powerful." Obviously making a link between intelligence and power. Like if, being powerful or having a powerful army was some kind of display of intelligence.

I consider myself well informed, so I guess I'm OK there.
But why is patriotism so bad? I mean, I am rather patriotic, but not excessively so.

Why is it not bad? It's an obstacle to any rational relexion. Instead of looking at the facts as they are and trying to be as neutral as possible, you will take the side of your government in wars, no matter what these wars are.

Maybe we don't have the same definition for the word "patriotism". But to me, it basically means that patriotic people are somewhat indoctrinated in believing that what their country does is the right thing to do. What it means, is that patriotism is like a blinfold, that keeps you from thinking, and rationality analyze the situation.

Sadly, there is a lot of people wearing that blindfold.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 03:52:47

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: ...America has the biggest army in the world, and could invade any country they want.

I hate people who lump americans into one big bundle.

Btw, we don't have the biggest military, just the most expensive one. And if I had to bet on who's gonna win, I'd bet on the expensive one.

Honestly People of the BBS, don't get fired up by this troll of a topic, Scarface isn't stupid, I'm sure he's already seen this.

Otherwise you just Ignant, and Jelly. Ignant and Jelly.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 16:42:31

At 3/22/11 04:40 PM, slayer727 wrote:
At 3/19/11 07:11 PM, Scarface wrote: Blah blah america lost in Iraq and Afghanistan because we only killed the leaders and stuff is still happening.
Winning doesn't mean killing EVERY LAST PERSON in the opposing army.

Winning also doesn't mean killing the leader, and a few other guys, then declaring victory while civilians are being shot and killed by insurgents.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 16:50:38

You are dissing the troops is what you are saying? Its not their fault. Its these dumb ass political causes. The politicians hold them back. You have to understand war makes money. And winning isn't always the best for their interest. Now we could take on china, for a few reasons. Size isn't everything. Also the us is protected from any invasions so we never have to worry about a red dawn situation. American troops have a lot going for them. Hell russia would be part of the us if Patton got the green light to go into Russia after ww2. The two biggest kids on the block will always be russia and the us. Until one doesn't exist anymore. China isn't a super power because of their population or their military size. They still have a lot of flaws. Vietnam we killed over a million Vietnamese according to their reports. But more than likely a lot more than that. We shot down a lot of Russian piloted MiGs. We killed quite a few Chinese. The us lost around 60 thousand. So for about every dead American, there were 16,667 killed. In Afghanistan the only reason why the Russians lost was because of the mountains. I cant remember the the mountain rage or the pass it was. But the us has the same problem. But actually make progress into it. War I understand isn't about as many kills that are made. War has changed. Don't be going and talking shit on me because I'm pro us. I love where I live. But it has a lot of problems, just like anywhere else. I do believe in order for a person to start talking down on something. They should educate them selves with information first. Just like if I didn't know anything about this, I would have ignored it and looked else where. The pentagon knows how to turn us on.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 16:54:11

At 3/22/11 04:47 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/22/11 04:42 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 3/22/11 04:40 PM, slayer727 wrote:
At 3/19/11 07:11 PM, Scarface wrote: Blah blah america lost in Iraq and Afghanistan because we only killed the leaders and stuff is still happening.
Winning doesn't mean killing EVERY LAST PERSON in the opposing army.
Winning also doesn't mean killing the leader, and a few other guys, then declaring victory while civilians are being shot and killed by insurgents.
Winning is when the objective is accomplished. The objective was to remove the government, and set up a democracy. Guess what?!?!?!?!!? That's what happened.

That "democracy" isn't working. There's a new government in Iraq, but they're not in charge of shit, because they have no military. Same with Afghanistan's government. The US is still essentially doing everything over there.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 16:57:13

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: America has more gun stores than military caches, and any attempt at invading the US would fail.

I highly doubt that. Civilians might have the weapons, but if there would be an army in number of whole USA army plus US armed civilians, they would probably win, because of training and equipment (Civilians don't get to use the military versions of weapons).

Not to mention the fact that Canada, the United Kingdom, and maybe Italy, Germany, and France, would come to our Aid.

If I was in charge of any country I would most likely show finger to USA if it was invaded. But yea, strategicaly and politicaly correct would be help USA, I think mostly because of the nuclear weapons and equipment which needs to be secured.

So what do you think, Newgrounds. If America went to war right now (which we pretty much are with Libya), would we win against ANY country we wanted?

Obviously not. As you said, no to china, prolly no to Russia, and no to any country full of patriots. You can't kill all the civilians, can you?

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:03:04

At 3/22/11 04:57 PM, Makakaov wrote:
At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: America has more gun stores than military caches, and any attempt at invading the US would fail.
I highly doubt that. Civilians might have the weapons, but if there would be an army in number of whole USA army plus US armed civilians, they would probably win, because of training and equipment (Civilians don't get to use the military versions of weapons).

Well let me put it to you that there is no way to invade the us. Look at the geography.

rar

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:08:54

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: America has more gun stores than military caches, and any attempt at invading the US would fail. Not to mention the fact that Canada, the United Kingdom, and maybe Italy, Germany, and France, would come to our Aid.

Don't count on us, eh.

Just kiddin'; we would do what we can.

Maybe we should set up huge artillery bases along the great lakes?

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:42:03

At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: So what do you think, Newgrounds. If America went to war right now (which we pretty much are with Libya), would we win against ANY country we wanted?

That would depend entirely on troop composition - There were only a few thousand sent to Iraq and it became little more than a stalemate.

In order to conquer Libya you would need several tanks, stealth planes, and special forces.

But I don't think it's gonna play out that way.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:46:43

fu

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:47:01

At 3/19/11 07:06 PM, Cootie wrote: How did we lose in Iraq? Saddam and Co. are all dead.

What about weapons of mass destruction that didn't actually exist oops lol.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 17:55:47

At 3/22/11 03:52 AM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 3/19/11 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote: you just Ignant, and Jelly. Ignant and Jelly.

Yeah, and fat.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 18:03:31

At 3/19/11 10:19 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I want to get a tattoo of him on one of my testicals, with Chesty Puller on the other.

This guy sucks!

This guy is where everything is at!

fu

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 18:05:06

anything but north korea hmmmmmm

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 18:08:29

At 3/22/11 04:53 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 3/22/11 04:50 PM, morlockcleric wrote: You have to understand war makes money.
The only people it makes money for are the private companies that sell military equipment to the government.

The current conflicts we are involved in don't make us any money.

You would be surprised about a lot of things.

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 18:15:10

At 3/21/11 09:31 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 3/21/11 09:08 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Conscripts < Volunteers.

Also, I play this card:
Conscripts made the difference in WW2 though, most of the Soviets were conscripts and they pushed the Nazis all the way back. Even though they were conscripts as well, they were much better trained and equipped.

You are fucking joking me. Soviet commissars shot anyone who tried to retreat, sometimes 2 men were assigned to a single rifle, and Russian tankers resorted to ramming enemy tanks because their armor was ridiculously thick, but their guns too small. The germans were superior in training and equipment, except for the fact that they didn't bring thick enough jackets for the Soviet winter. The russians won because of sheer numbers and that's it. Have you even seen the casualty records from the soviet union during world war 2?

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 18:58:30

Are we in position for war? Hell yeah were always ready for war, but helping folks in need naw were too proud to give away our homegrown american food to those dirty people in africa, japan or any other non "true" Americans. just look at what a great job the US did during the katrina incident.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:03:24

Man this is like the 6th anti-America thread this month.

BBS Signature

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:10:32

Huh, if Laputa really existed I would just go up there, activate the secret weapon, and blow up all the countries on Earth.

But Laputa doesn't exist - it's only in the book Jonathan Swift wrote and the Japanese anime.

If America were to invade every country on the planet, they will fail. Why?

I know humans are stupid. But the little few will realize that if America attacked every country on earth (Except its allies, which is Japan, Canada, etc.) the attacked countries will unite and form one gigantic army that would overpower the US and the great country will collapse.

So here's a lesson for all the world leaders: Don't start wars. You're bound to get PWNED! by your targets.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:12:31

At 3/22/11 07:03 PM, Danavers wrote: Man this is like the 6th anti-America thread this month.

Then by my deduction this is the 6th day of this month that you have come to the general bbs xD

elementary xP

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:12:34

At 3/22/11 04:29 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: Patriotism isn't simply blind devotion to one's government, as you seem to think.

It's a love of your country. The government isn't the country, the people are.

Pride or whatever, is ok as long as you can still understand that there are more important things in the world than you own country.

And I like how simple this shit sounds to you... "The government isn't the country, the people are." I really need help understand this. Cause as far as I'm concerned, the government is the entity who run things (according to the people's will, or not) and it's not as obvious as you are implying it is.

As far as patriotism goes, it's still an obvious bias. It's an obstacle to rational thinking.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:18:43

At 3/22/11 07:10 PM, k6ka wrote: I know humans are stupid. But the little few will realize that if America attacked every country on earth (Except its allies, which is Japan, Canada, etc.) the attacked countries will unite and form one gigantic army that would overpower the US and the great country will collapse.

As much as i hate to admit it, just Russia and China going against America will result in us losing, China just have massive amount of numbers and Russia's military is about as advanced as America's. However we can easily wipe out Iran, Syria, and other countries that hate us.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:20:00

I could fucking invade britain and win that fucking war.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:21:49

We wouldn't win against every country, but we'd win against some.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:25:30

At 3/22/11 07:20 PM, CoccaineCat wrote: I could fucking invade britain and win that fucking war.

careful, one of those millions of batons has to be a lightsaber.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:28:23

At 3/22/11 06:15 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Have you even seen the casualty records from the soviet union during world war 2?

That's what I said, that the German were way better equipped and trained, but the Soviets were all conscripted in mass numbers and were thrown into the field, so their numbers won the war, but not their equipment or their training.

Yeah, the cold winter also had a huge effect, I forgot to mention that.

Response to I Hate Stupid Americans Who Think.. 2011-03-22 19:34:01

At 3/22/11 07:21 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: I doubt that Russia is as advances as the U.S. with regard to the military. We spend about 10 times as much on our military as the Russians do.

It's funny how you guys think that the americans could start a war with a country that is a member of the UN and the Security Counsil without consequences.

You guys with all your stupid "hypothetical wars" just plain fail to understand the international situation we have right now.

THERE CANNOT BE ANY KIND OF WAR LIKE THIS ANYMORE !!!