Be a Supporter!
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Hell 5 days ago Reply

Iron Maiden is an awesome band, and has many great songs.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 5 days ago Reply

At 8/14/14 08:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Iron Maiden is an awesome band, and has many great songs.

Still +1ing, I see. You know, your post count means nothing.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Metal Hell 4 days ago Reply

At 8/14/14 08:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Iron Maiden is an awesome band, and has many great songs.

Seriously man, I agree with those statements but if you're not gonna make more constructive discussions here or anywhere else in the C&C forum, it's gonna have to be a ban. Otherwise, I hope you do have some genuine things to say.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy

At 8/14/14 08:36 PM, Natick wrote: someone did shout HEAVY ROCKS at one point and you could almost see takeshi and wata trying to suppress their smirks

Heavy Rocks is such an amazing album. I'd love to see them play this live :)

i would have shouted for feedbacker or flood but they have a busy schedule (playing in another state tonight) and they've probably grown sick of playing those two songs for more than a decade by now.

Well, they could have played just parts of it. Feedbacker is pretty such divided in 5 parts (it actually exists on record in this 5 tracks format).

it was extremely crowded though, i was standing next to the bathrooms the whole time so people kept budging

I'm kind of tired of going to live shows because of dumb little things like that that end up bothering you and taking up too much of your attention. I especially hate the few dickwads who come up late to the show and force their way through the crowd to get to the first line. During Jex Thoth's set during the Agalloch tour, their was this chubby girl who would fucking bump into me, just to realize that I don't let people take my spot, but you know... if nobody else stops these fucking assholes from cutting through the crowd, what can I possibly do to stop them?

These dicks can so easily ruin your whole night... I eventually come to just dread this eventuality at every show, and so I just feel uneasy until I'm a hundred percent sure that there won't be any fat bitch to steal my place. I think I'll only go to more "aggressive" shows, some that involve some moshing (no hardcore dancing crap, of course). Because at these events, most of the people in the front of the stage are there to move, mosh, body surf, etc. so I won't have issues like at that last Agalloch show I went to.

Natick
Natick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff

At 8/15/14 02:04 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I'm kind of tired of going to live shows because of dumb little things like that that end up bothering you and taking up too much of your attention. I especially hate the few dickwads who come up late to the show and force their way through the crowd to get to the first line. During Jex Thoth's set during the Agalloch tour, their was this chubby girl who would fucking bump into me, just to realize that I don't let people take my spot, but you know... if nobody else stops these fucking assholes from cutting through the crowd, what can I possibly do to stop them?

come to think of it, there was this one fat woman who just stood next to the bathroom "paths" (you know what i mean, there wasn't necessarily a line) and i turned to look at her to silently acknowledge and make way for her to cross but then she just glared at me for what felt like 3 or 4 minutes and it just made me very uncomfortable. i'll admit i was kind of weirded out by all of her piercings, especially in a dimly lit room but i don't know if i was being death stared because i looked too young to be there or looked like i was cruising for guys or any petty judgmental bullshit. she stared the next guy down until he moved as well, didn't bother to tap his shoulder or ask or anything, it was strange but who cares

These dicks can so easily ruin your whole night... I eventually come to just dread this eventuality at every show, and so I just feel uneasy until I'm a hundred percent sure that there won't be any fat bitch to steal my place. I think I'll only go to more "aggressive" shows, some that involve some moshing (no hardcore dancing crap, of course). Because at these events, most of the people in the front of the stage are there to move, mosh, body surf, etc. so I won't have issues like at that last Agalloch show I went to.

yeah, as the night was coming to a close, my attention did shift to how sore my back was from all the standing.

there was certainly moshing and shouting but no one got aggressive or hurt as far as i know, we all got what we paid for and had a good time.

btw, this is probably an old question that anyone could answer but i noticed their tour was in montana and the show was only 21 and up but here in minnesota, it was 18 and up. does anyone know why some concerts do this? i figured it was because the venues serve alcohol but the place i went to served alcohol as well and they asked for my id at the door and then drew blue x's on my hands and anyone else who was under 21 so the staff had an easy indicator to not serve us. any idea why they would only allow 21 and up at certain venues when their playing the same music? what if i don't want to get drunk but i just want to experience the music? i'd go on to criticize the drinking age in this country but that's a whole 'nother argument...

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy

At 8/15/14 06:26 PM, Natick wrote: yeah, as the night was coming to a close, my attention did shift to how sore my back was from all the standing.

Standing is way harder on the back then walking. That's something that becomes obvious when you have 3 hours to do just standing there to watch live bands.

btw, this is probably an old question that anyone could answer but i noticed their tour was in montana and the show was only 21 and up but here in minnesota, it was 18 and up. does anyone know why some concerts do this? i figured it was because the venues serve alcohol but the place i went to served alcohol as well and they asked for my id at the door and then drew blue x's on my hands and anyone else who was under 21 so the staff had an easy indicator to not serve us. any idea why they would only allow 21 and up at certain venues when their playing the same music? what if i don't want to get drunk but i just want to experience the music? i'd go on to criticize the drinking age in this country but that's a whole 'nother argument...

It doesn't have much to do with the bands playing, really. It's usually a policy of the venue itself. Some venues have general admission policy and use that X system you mentioned or bracelets system (with colors), some have a minimum age requirement, which is also fine, especially for metal concerts. But some other venues seem to not want to go through the trouble of having such a system. I assume that it does make it a little harder for barmen and barmaids when their is such a system to respect.

Sometimes they also want to avoid the contact between drinkers and non-drinkers, which is basically the concept of a bar. Not that it actually prevents you from not drinking alcohol. You could still just go there with your friends and just order Coca-Cola while your friends drink beer.

Or maybe it's about legal matters. I assume that the laws on alcohol and places that serve alcohol aren't the same everywhere, and maybe some states are not okay with minors hanging out in establishments that serve alcohol.

Coinboi
Coinboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator

I love Heavy and power metal. On TV i change the channel to MC Metal and just rock on!

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2 days ago Reply

At 8/11/14 03:49 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Kalmah

Kalmah is actually one of my favorite bands of all time. Been listening to them before 12 gauge came out and then when 12 gauge did come out I loved them even more. Some middle school memories of listening to them and I'm 20 now, so I go way back with them.

One of the reasons I love them is the same reason I love Wintersun. The power metal influence. It really works well with melodeath and Kalmah's entire theme.

Nightrage

Another great band. I've yet to really discover any of their stuff deeply but will definitely give them a few more listens. Thanks, Duffy boy.

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 1 day ago Reply

At 8/18/14 01:20 AM, Piemix wrote: Kalmah is actually one of my favorite bands of all time. Been listening to them before 12 gauge came out and then when 12 gauge did come out I loved them even more. Some middle school memories of listening to them and I'm 20 now, so I go way back with them.

Your way back ain't got nothing on my way back :P I was in high school when Swampsong came out, y'all!

Amazing band, of course :)

:: Nightrage

Another great band. I've yet to really discover any of their stuff deeply but will definitely give them a few more listens. Thanks, Duffy boy.

:) I've listened to a lot of Nightrage a few years back. I still love them, though!