Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-27 19:29:33 Reply

I finally got a copy of Holy Diver yesterday on vinyl.
I wanna get more stuff by Rainbow though because the only album by them that I have is Down To Earth. Even though it has one of my favorite Rainbow songs on it (Since You've Been Gone) I still want the Dio Rainbow stuff.
I also need to get some stuff by Elf too.....

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-27 22:47:46 Reply

At 11/25/13 02:00 AM, Viper50 wrote: *Not metal but whatevs*
The band Mammatus are releasing a new album tomorrow.

I've had their self titled for quite a while. It's fantastic.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 06:00:55 Reply

At 11/23/13 10:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: The only good folk metal bands I can think of with just clean vocals are Tyr

I don't really pick up things for my collection outside 1980-1989, BUT I am a Pagan and this has stirred my interest. Checking out their song Blood Of Heroes right now. Nice Maiden styled guitars. ROusing and much befitting their namesake.

Not a great time of year for getting records, so nothing new, but I did have to get myself a beanie to keep warm, so naturally I opted for a Venom one. My wife quite likes it, despite her dislike of Black Metal.

Would you like to send our coloured cousins Home again, my friend?
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by BlueHippo. Seig heil

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 10:44:16 Reply

At 11/28/13 06:00 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 11/23/13 10:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: The only good folk metal bands I can think of with just clean vocals are Tyr
I don't really pick up things for my collection outside 1980-1989,

Jeez, you're missing freakin' gigatons of great stuff, then.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 10:55:35 Reply

Seeing Death tonight! Saw Amon Amarth and Carcass recently, and Tyr and Finntroll before then. Y'all jelly.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 11:51:40 Reply

At 11/28/13 10:55 AM, Earfetish wrote: Saw Amon Amarth and Carcass recently, and Tyr and Finntroll before then. Y'all jelly.

Not if I saw all of them myself. I take it you went to Manchester to see them all. I was in London for those shows. Last time I saw a band live in Manchester was Wintersun.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 13:40:51 Reply

I know I'm a little late, but Kreator absolutely blew me away on Sunday night. I went for them, and after they performed I was so thrilled I was planning on just leaving and ending on a good note. But I stayed for Overkill anyway and they were great, but nothing like Kreator. I love them so much. \m/

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-28 23:34:46 Reply

Quick question.
Is anyone else having issues with Metal Archives? Whenever I go to a page theres no info on there other than for example:

Seremonia
Country of origin: Finland
Formed in: N/A
Genre: Psychedelic Rock/Doom Metal
Lyrical themes: N/A
Current label: Svart Records
Years active: N/A
The band name is Finnish for "ceremony." The band's lyrics are also entirely in their native language.
2013 photo by Sami Sänpäkkilä.

Then theres no info beneath it for the albums or anything like that.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-29 07:27:17 Reply

At 11/28/13 10:44 AM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/28/13 06:00 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
I don't really pick up things for my collection outside 1980-1989,
Jeez, you're missing freakin' gigatons of great stuff, then.

Yeah. It kind of started when I filled up my iPod. Then I realised I was going to have to take stuff off and then I thought, I wont live long enough to get everything - what do I like the most? 80s! And so that is what I collect.

At 11/28/13 10:55 AM, Earfetish wrote: Seeing Death tonight! Saw Amon Amarth and Carcass recently, and Tyr and Finntroll before then. Y'all jelly.

I was, but I am not jealous of your use of the word jelly. You lucky bastard.

At 11/28/13 11:34 PM, Viper50 wrote: Quick question.
Is anyone else having issues with Metal Archives? Whenever I go to a page theres no info on there other than for example:

Seremonia
Country of origin: Finland
Formed in: N/A
Genre: Psychedelic Rock/Doom Metal
Lyrical themes: N/A
Current label: Svart Records
Years active: N/A
The band name is Finnish for "ceremony." The band's lyrics are also entirely in their native language.
2013 photo by Sami Sänpäkkilä.

Then theres no info beneath it for the albums or anything like that.

I just checked out their entry for Old Funeral and it seems to be working fine. However, there is a discography listed for Serimonia when I checked it out. Cookies?

Would you like to send our coloured cousins Home again, my friend?
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by BlueHippo. Seig heil

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-29 12:19:37 Reply

At 11/29/13 07:27 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I just checked out their entry for Old Funeral and it seems to be working fine. However, there is a discography listed for Serimonia when I checked it out. Cookies?

I guess I'll check it again.
I just checked Bongripper and yep still no discography info on my end just completely blank as if there was never that section of the page. I guess I'll do something with my cookies and see if that fixes anything.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-29 13:26:00 Reply

I completely forgot to ask this but has anyone here checked out Wolvserpent's new album Perigea Antahkarana?
If not I highly recommend it to anyone who likes: Drone, Ambient, or "Dark Ambient" and stuff along the lines of that.
If you want to get an idea as to what it sounds like heres a track off of it.
Within The Light Of Fire

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 01:06:11 Reply

So I just became aware that Sunn O))) and Ulver are going to be collabing for a new album that is set to be released next February.
I'm curious as to how I didn't hear about this sooner since I like both bands.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 08:13:48 Reply

You know what's great? When you go to a rock bar and the DJ knows Slough Feg very well and plays some of their songs by request.

Sorry for not catching up on here as much as I should do.
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 15:36:50 Reply

Introducing, Dr. Tony Iommi.

Metal Hell

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 23:09:41 Reply

At 11/30/13 01:06 AM, Viper50 wrote: So I just became aware that Sunn O))) and Ulver are going to be collabing for a new album that is set to be released next February.

That's pretty awesome news, if you ask me :)

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 23:39:07 Reply

Ulver + Sunn o))) sounds like a great idea; Winterfylleth are collabbing with Drudkh as well

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-11-30 23:46:13 Reply

At 11/30/13 11:39 PM, Earfetish wrote: Ulver + Sunn o))) sounds like a great idea; Winterfylleth are collabbing with Drudkh as well

If we could get the Ulver of the Perdition City era to meet with the Sunn O))) of the Black One and Altar era in this collaborative project, it would be absolutely phenomenal :)

Boris - 君は傘をさしていた
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 06:00:58 Reply

At 11/30/13 11:09 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/30/13 01:06 AM, Viper50 wrote: So I just became aware that Sunn O))) and Ulver are going to be collabing for a new album that is set to be released next February.
That's pretty awesome news, if you ask me :)

Indeed it is! It's called Terrestrials so be sure to look out for that.
This is apparently what the album art looks like.

Metal Hell

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 15:43:57 Reply

At 12/1/13 06:00 AM, Viper50 wrote: Indeed it is! It's called Terrestrials so be sure to look out for that.

Wow! That cover looks awesome! And just the name makes me hope for a great album :) You have any more infos on this?

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 18:35:38 Reply

At 12/1/13 03:43 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 12/1/13 06:00 AM, Viper50 wrote: Indeed it is! It's called Terrestrials so be sure to look out for that.
Wow! That cover looks awesome! And just the name makes me hope for a great album :) You have any more infos on this?

Other than what I've already said as far as I know it's going to have 3 tracks and it will be released through Southern Lord.
Thats all I know at the moment.

Also in case anyone here hasn't heard it yet Sunn O))) & Ulver have collaborated in the past on White1.
Sunn O))) & Ulver - CUTWOODeD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 18:54:50 Reply

At 12/1/13 06:35 PM, Viper50 wrote: Other than what I've already said as far as I know it's going to have 3 tracks and it will be released through Southern Lord.
Thats all I know at the moment.

Thanks!

Also in case anyone here hasn't heard it yet Sunn O))) & Ulver have collaborated in the past on White1.
Sunn O))) & Ulver - CUTWOODeD

I know of the track CUTWOODeD, but are you sure it's on the White1? Metal Archives do not list it under the White1, and in fact, I can't find much info on this collaboration. Until now I didn't knew it was a collab effort, and I thought it was some kind of unreleased material or something, since I couldn't find much about it on MA (Not like I did a lot of digging, but whatever).

Leeches Of Lore - The Murderous Sea
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 19:44:25 Reply

At 12/1/13 06:54 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I know of the track CUTWOODeD, but are you sure it's on the White1? Metal Archives do not list it under the White1, and in fact, I can't find much info on this collaboration. Until now I didn't knew it was a collab effort, and I thought it was some kind of unreleased material or something, since I couldn't find much about it on MA (Not like I did a lot of digging, but whatever).

Technically it is. It was a bonus track off of White1 from the White box set which has both White1 & White2.
Also on there White2 has both versions of the Decay. Decay2 (Nihils' Maw) and Decay (The Symptoms of Kali Yuga).

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 20:38:37 Reply

At 12/1/13 07:44 PM, Viper50 wrote: Technically it is. It was a bonus track off of White1 from the White box set which has both White1 & White2.
Also on there White2 has both versions of the Decay. Decay2 (Nihils' Maw) and Decay (The Symptoms of Kali Yuga).

"Includes the complete White sessions. White 1 is contained on two white records. Side D contains CUT WOOD(ED), a collaboration with Ulver.

[…]

Limited to 450 copies. Each White box has a hand-developed, hand-numbered photograph of Sunn 0))) that is framed onto the front of the box. It is sealed with a special gold ink on white vinyl sticker that has the credits and track-listing."

So they pretty much just burrowed it for no one to ever hear it... Jerks!

Symphony X - Communion And The Oracle
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-01 21:06:34 Reply

At 12/1/13 08:38 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: So they pretty much just burrowed it for no one to ever hear it... Jerks!

Yep pretty much.
Though you can get White1 off of Sunn O)))'s bandcamp and it has the song on there. I wanna say it's only $8.
It's also got Flight Of The Behemoth with 2 extra songs O))) Bow 3 and O))) Bow 4. They're from a bonus disc titled "Sunn O))) with Merzbow at Earthdom 2007" it was included with a reissue by Daymare Recordings.

Speaking of Flight Of The Behemoth.
I never knew the full name of F.W.T.B.T. was
"F.W.T.B.T (I Dream of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through the Bus Window Instead of My Mystikal Master Kliff Burton)"

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-02 19:36:07 Reply

At 12/1/13 09:06 PM, Viper50 wrote: Speaking of Flight Of The Behemoth.
"F.W.T.B.T (I Dream of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through the Bus Window Instead of My Mystikal Master Kliff Burton)"

That's kind of harsh...

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-02 21:08:35 Reply

At 12/2/13 07:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 12/1/13 09:06 PM, Viper50 wrote: Speaking of Flight Of The Behemoth.
That's kind of harsh...

Yeah it is.....I did chuckle a bit reading it though ._.
But not because of Lars dying.
It was because I tend to find song titles which are unnecessarily long funny.
Don't Be Cheated by the Oozing Silt from Both of the Accuser and the Accused Which Is Always There, Saying Something Have to Be Done'
or
Acid Milk Milkyway Also Jupiter 888 - Rising From The Cool Fool Inferno

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-04 14:06:45 Reply

According to Loudwire these are the Top 10 Metal Albums of 2013.
10. Queensryche - Queensryche (the one without Geoff Tate)
9. Ihsahn - Das Seelenbrechen
8. Kylesa - Ultraviolet
7. Motorhead - Aftershock
6. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
5. Black Sabbath - 13
4. Deafheaven - Sunbather
3. The Ocean - Pelagial
2. Ghost - Infestissumam
1. Gorguts - Colored Sands

What are your opinions on this list? Is there anything you'd like to see added or taken out or placed differently?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-04 19:37:40 Reply

Blodsvept - Finntroll

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-05 00:48:40 Reply

At 12/4/13 02:06 PM, Viper50 wrote: According to Loudwire these are the Top 10 Metal Albums of 2013.
10. Queensryche - Queensryche (the one without Geoff Tate)
9. Ihsahn - Das Seelenbrechen
8. Kylesa - Ultraviolet
7. Motorhead - Aftershock
6. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
5. Black Sabbath - 13
4. Deafheaven - Sunbather
3. The Ocean - Pelagial
2. Ghost - Infestissumam
1. Gorguts - Colored Sands

What are your opinions on this list? Is there anything you'd like to see added or taken out or placed differently?

I'd like to see Omnium Gatherum, Suffocation, Kataklysm, and Rotting Christ on that list. However it seems pretty unbiased so I respect it.

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Musician
Response to Metal Hell 2013-12-05 13:47:28 Reply

At 12/5/13 01:23 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: lol this thread is ancient

Yes. Yes it is.
Ancient and still going (mildly) strong.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature