00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,058,428 Views | 77,360 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-08 23:37:37

Anyone listen to Fallujah? They just put out an awesome new EP, and their two albums are great too!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-09 00:58:11

At 4/8/13 11:37 PM, Twone wrote: Anyone listen to Fallujah? They just put out an awesome new EP, and their two albums are great too!

Interresting, but mostly after the 4 minutes mark I would say. Before that, it isn't half-bad but I don't like that kind of music all that much anymore. But after that 4 minutes mark, it gets more atmospheric, more progressive and the last section the track is highly saturated with guitar distortion and I'm really liking that part. I guess I'll have to give this EP a few spins to really tell what I think of it.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-09 11:47:30

Did someone here recommend the Drone/Doom band Sabazius to me?
I got around to listening to them yesterday. Specifically their 11 hour 17 minute song The Descent Of Man.
It's probably one of the longest songs I have ever listened to all the way through.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-10 20:16:31

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-10 21:13:33

At 4/10/13 08:16 PM, Viper50 wrote: So Black Sabbath have officially announced when they're going to release the first full song from 13.

Wow...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-10 23:13:19

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-10 23:42:53

At 4/10/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Interresting listen :)

Sounds cool. I really like how they incorporate punk/classic metal into their sound. Lotta Amebix/Rudimentary Peni in there. If it weren't for the way their vocals sound a lot of the time and their old cynical attitudes, Darkthrone would probably be one of my favorite bands.

And this Sabbath reunion, who cares at this point. It was apparent as soon as Ward left that the whole thing was rock nostalgia bullshit. And Iommi and Geezer just followed Ozzy/Sharon like puppets. So sad. I don't have an ounce of respect for them any more.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-11 09:58:50

At 4/10/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance (Full Album)

Interresting listen :)

The last song is boss. You can tell there's still that bit of black metal in them but at times I felt the song could have been passed as something from an American traditional metal band. Really awesome. I'm gonna pick this up on CD whenever I can soon. Budgeting isn't easy but should be worth it for this.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-11 10:51:45

At 4/10/13 11:42 PM, Tobi wrote:
At 4/10/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
And this Sabbath reunion, who cares at this point. It was apparent as soon as Ward left that the whole thing was rock nostalgia bullshit. And Iommi and Geezer just followed Ozzy/Sharon like puppets. So sad. I don't have an ounce of respect for them any more.

I have little respect too. Plus the fact that they were only gonna give Bill Ward 5% is fucking bullshit. They shouldn't treat an honored and respected member like that. That's all bad.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-11 12:52:42

Megadeth have a preview up of a song off of Super Collider along with the album art.
It sounds okay. Can't say I'm a big fan of the album art though.....

At 4/10/13 11:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Darkthrone - The Underground Resistance (Full Album)

Interresting listen :)

Hmm not bad. I might try seeing if I can get a copy of this.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-11 19:54:21

At 4/10/13 11:42 PM, Tobi wrote: Sounds cool. I really like how they incorporate punk/classic metal into their sound. Lotta Amebix/Rudimentary Peni in there. If it weren't for the way their vocals sound a lot of the time and their old cynical attitudes, Darkthrone would probably be one of my favorite bands.

Some think that it's the comedic aspects that make this album good. I think the riffs are pretty good, and the traditionnal metal touches are pretty cool. Not that metal needs to be serious, but I'm not quite sure I like the way Darkthrone are integrating this parodic kind of humor in their music.

I'm always surprised how talented and influential artists can just end up selling their souls for a few more bucks to throw in their huge bank accounts...

At 4/11/13 09:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: The last song is boss. You can tell there's still that bit of black metal in them but at times I felt the song could have been passed as something from an American traditional metal band. Really awesome. I'm gonna pick this up on CD whenever I can soon. Budgeting isn't easy but should be worth it for this.

Awesome!

At 4/11/13 12:52 PM, Viper50 wrote: Megadeth have a preview up of a song off of Super Collider along with the album art.
It sounds okay. Can't say I'm a big fan of the album art though.....

Pretty short preview...
Don't know what to think just yet.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-12 01:18:59

So I found out they just released a new Black Sabbath cover album. It's called Sabbath Cadabra A Greek Tribute To Black Sabbath.
And includes covers of: Children Of The Sea, Snowblind, Into The Void, Voodoo, The Wizard, Behind The Wall Of Sleep, Falling Off The Edge Of The World, Jerusalem, Killing Yourself To Live, Fairies Wear Boots, Neon Knights, and Black Sabbath.
Though I only recognize three bands that are included on here. And they're 1000mods, Planet Of Zeus, and Rotting Christ. I'm pretty sure I know one or two other bands on there though....
Heres a link to a playlist of the album if you feel like listening to it.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-12 20:35:35

Amon Amarth have released the album for their upcoming album Deceiver Of The Gods.
If you wanna see a bigger version of the artwork here ya go.

Metal Hell

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 00:40:34

At 4/12/13 08:35 PM, Viper50 wrote: Amon Amarth have released the album for their upcoming album Deceiver Of The Gods.
If you wanna see a bigger version of the artwork here ya go.

Their theme is so viking for a non-viking metal band. I fucking love it. I hope this album meets the standards of the others they've released (I don't think they've come out with a bad album yet).

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 01:36:15

Has anyone told you that Screamo and Death Metal were the same. i have and i just stared a him then slap him and walked away

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 01:57:54

I received a message today on my phone from my friend, a fallen metalhead, who was like a younger brother to me. He fallen into heroin and cocaine addiction in his more recent years, and the message I got, in response to a query I sent (How's life, brotha?), was this:

"Dismal."

I shudder to think what meanings he attaches to this word. I post this here because I got him into true metal. When I met him he was a 14 year old kid who listened to slipknot and a7x. I was 17 at the time. I got him into black metal especially, and that remained his favorite to this day. We used to be in a black metal band together (me on 6 string bass, him on guitars, both of us on vokills) and in all other ways he's a true metal trooper. It's become almost an obsession to him, almost rivaling his obsession for destroying himself with heroin and crack cocaine.

If this sounds like an eulogy, it's because, in a way, it is. He is slowly digging his own grave, as cliche' as that sounds. I know that it is only a 1 word message he sent me, but I rarely hear from him these days, and each day it's worse. He is homeless and lives in the Tenderloin (a particularly foul part of SF).

I guess I'm just sad. Didn't know where else to post this, either.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 02:05:54

At 4/13/13 12:40 AM, mothballs wrote: Their theme is so viking for a non-viking metal band. I fucking love it. I hope this album meets the standards of the others they've released (I don't think they've come out with a bad album yet).

Too bad they can't make good albums either ;)

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 02:51:48

At 4/13/13 02:05 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/13/13 12:40 AM, mothballs wrote: Their theme is so viking for a non-viking metal band. I fucking love it. I hope this album meets the standards of the others they've released (I don't think they've come out with a bad album yet).
Too bad they can't make good albums either ;)

I can't fairly judge Amon Amarth either way; my bitch of an ex girlfriend loved Amon Amarth and took me to one of their shows. They're alright, but not great. C+/B-

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 08:30:06

Amon Amarth are ok, but I've never had much interest. I've only listened to parts of two albums, and only the two most recent ones. I should probably look into them more, just to see their earlier stuff.A just don't like how they always seem to fall back on the cliche octave riffs. After a while their stuff begins to sound like a very well produced MIDI track with vocals.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 09:34:02

At 4/9/13 12:58 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Interresting, but mostly after the 4 minutes mark I would say. Before that, it isn't half-bad but I don't like that kind of music all that much anymore.

Ah, I dig that sort of stuff. It's only a 3 song EP, but they've got two albums too.

At 4/10/13 08:16 PM, Viper50 wrote: So Black Sabbath have officially announced when they're going to release the first full song from 13.

I REALLY don't want to watch CSI, but...

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 12:26:22

Not Metal but Kadavar premiered their new album a couple days ago.

I can't say theres an album by them that I don't like. Though I will say I didn't like Surtur Rising all that much when I listened through it a few times...but I've grown okay with it.

At 4/13/13 02:51 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: I can't fairly judge Amon Amarth either way; my bitch of an ex girlfriend loved Amon Amarth and took me to one of their shows. They're alright, but not great. C+/B-

I had the same thing with an ex girlfriend loving Amon Amarth (my current one fucking LOVES them and was giddy as a school girl when I told her they released album art for their upcoming album). But I never went to see them.
I mean....if I had the opportunity to see them live I would probably go, but it wouldn't bug me if like I missed seeing them.

At 4/13/13 09:34 AM, Twone wrote: I REALLY don't want to watch CSI, but...

Yeah its probably the only reason I'd watch CSI.

At 4/13/13 01:36 AM, BloodCoveredWolf wrote: Has anyone told you that Screamo and Death Metal were the same. i have and i just stared a him then slap him and walked away

Yes. And it made me want to punch them in the face repeatedly because they're obviously to stupid to function if they think they're the same.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 15:44:24

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 20:52:49

At 4/13/13 03:44 PM, Viper50 wrote: Amon Amarth have also released the title track from Deceiver Of The Gods.

Now I know why I never grew tired of Amon Amarth. That was fucking sweet. I know what album's going on the top of my wishlist now.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-13 23:59:47

I just barley got into Amon Amarth and they're fucking awesome i might the new album

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-15 10:09:11

At 4/15/13 09:05 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
D:D:D:D YAY BURZUM! ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

No, I have no problem with rightist views and folkish elements (think Nokturnal Mortum) but the main problems I have with Varg is that he's a self-obsessed/self-absorbed twat who makes boring (to my ears), overly repetitive and dull music.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-15 11:21:12

At 4/13/13 01:57 AM, ElGhoulio wrote: I received a message today on my phone from my friend, a fallen metalhead, who was like a younger brother to me. He fallen into heroin and cocaine addiction in his more recent years, and the message I got, in response to a query I sent (How's life, brotha?), was this:

"Dismal."

Jesus, that is hard to hear. As said a while ago, I'm not really one for taking drugs, although I'll admit I have smoked more than what I said I would do. Still, that road sounds really dark. It makes me happy that a friend of mine is looking to give up cigarettes and marijuana over the next few months and I'm sure he can pull through it. He's getting out of it now before he takes a darker route in life.

I shudder to think what meanings he attaches to this word. I post this here because I got him into true metal. When I met him he was a 14 year old kid who listened to slipknot and a7x. I was 17 at the time. I got him into black metal especially, and that remained his favorite to this day.

Damn, I know that feeling. Said friend from above was the one I got him into all sorts of metal bands. He's said a few times that had it not been for me, he'd have only been stuck with the main metal acts (i.e. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, etc). Not saying those bands are bad but he has seen a ton of metal because of what I have discovered. He wouldn't have ever known about Slough Feg had it not been for me. I'm not sure how his interests in NWOBHM would have been if otherwise.

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-15 23:23:20

Bahamut is gone :'(

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-15 23:56:53

At 4/15/13 11:23 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Bahamut is gone :'(

Well....hes technically still here ya know ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-16 00:42:43

At 4/15/13 11:56 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I know :) He's now an Emo/Doom Metal fan!

Response to Metal Hell 2013-04-16 10:08:08

At 4/16/13 12:42 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/15/13 11:56 PM, Viper50 wrote:
I know :) He's now an Emo/Doom Metal fan!

Yeah hahahaha xD

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature