00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting

23,600 Views | 59 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 14:54:59

This past week, RicePirate and D-Mac-Double made Dot Dot Dot, a typography animation set to a dramatic reading of a review of Rhete's Super PSTW Action RPG.

It ended up being a hit beyond the walls of NG though, with coverage on Kotaku and endless forums across the web.

On Sunday, Super PSTW RPG hit the front page of Reddit and we got 72,913 referrals - overall Super PSTW was hit 99,987 times in one day. This is a game that had been out of the spotlight since 2009!

It's a reminder that NG can really be a bubble, and the things we enjoy would be enjoyed by a lot more people if we just GOT OUT THERE more.

If you feel like hanging out and chatting, for the next few minutes+ I'll be testing out our video stream. It's a combination of direct computer output mixed with a microphone, in the hope that we'll eventually do more / better webcasting from the office.

The Game Jam and Winter Flash-Off winners are forthcoming!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:00:26

At 1/11/11 02:57 PM, speeling wrote: FIRST

Suck my dick, luis

He already sucks mine.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:00:33

inb4 lois

Anyway, I believe that tools like twitter and facebook are very powerful to actually get content seen by a larger public. Then again that's pretty logical. Apparently reddit does its job well too, but I can't say I've every really gotten into that site.

Here's a suggestion (which may be pretty useless since you may have already implemented in the upcoming redesign): Add quick links to share on twitter or facebook. They're pretty much the biggest sharing platforms out there that really make things go viral.

Make sure it doesn't blow up the servers though, lol.

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:02:18

OH yes, I finally made it onto the first page on an NG news post. I jsut checked out dotdotdot and PSTW rpg, both pretty funny. Checking out the webcast now.

in before luis

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:08:46

Tom you should really get competitions that bring in video mediums so youtube members can participate. I think that could draw some more attention.

I plan on making a video competition when I release my next game for some extra advertising on youtube :)

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:09:26

You forget how quickly stuff can spread on the great ocean of the internet. Power to the people!

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:10:40

axman's gonna be pissed.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:13:14

I nominate the fucking high school movie for movie of the year, every year.

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:16:36

Are you gonna upload any more videos to your channel soon?

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:16:59

That submission got so much attention? Wow...

It's pretty funny and well set-up and all, but it's basically an NG inside joke about the quality of some of the reviews on this website. You wouldn't expect that anyone outside of NG would care for it.

Anyway, nice to know we're in the spotlights once again :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:17:44

I usually hate typography, but Dot Dot Dot was just hilarious.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:21:14

Sweet! I'm really excited by the way this looks!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:26:16

If you seen the review axeman did on the audio of it, and the reply he got. I would agree that he is royally pissed.

I in my honest opinion can't blame him for being pissed, but I guess he deserved it. The game gave me a few laughs, like it was supposed to.

Bad reviews for no "reson" or without seeing the point through the author's eyes should be deleted and not scored.
But I guess something like that may never happen.

All in all, Axeman is pissed, I lol'd hard at the audio and game.

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:33:01

Nice to see the Staff is still using the broadcast section in the site. And those were a lot of referrals and hits!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 15:37:36

At 1/11/11 02:54 PM, TomFulp wrote: The Game Jam and Winter Flash-Off winners are forthcoming!

you failed me tom, you were supossed to say them a week before u.u you failed me ;(

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:11:15

Epic videos.

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:32:30

more broadcasting please

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:33:56

Tom;
- Speaking of broadcasting via the web and whatnot, I was on a webinar (web-seminare) for sounddesigners just a few hours back. they used this: http://www.instantpresenter.com/

IMO that was great for tutorial/class-type broadcasting.

Perhaps it would be cool to have something similiar if somone from the staff (or from outside NG staff) want to do some kind of live class/tutorial/course for NG'ers?

It's not for free, unfortunatley, but it well may be worth looking up!

Wakka wakka

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:34:38

Congrats to Rice! Dot Dot Dot was so damn funny that I had to show it to my bro and sis, they couldn't stop laughing. XD

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:42:11

I would like to see DOT DOT DOT like reviews by Stamper...

Just a suggestion.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 16:48:48

Personally, I think it's hugely overrated on Newgrounds

Current Score: 4.72 / 5.00

but if it attracts attention off of NG, who cares? Good for them.

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 17:09:43

test?

DjXilma

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 17:16:24

And this is why Dot Dot Dot has been in my sig for the last week. It's brilliant

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 17:24:16

Who's playing SSF4? He SUCKS whoever it is.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 17:32:14

Cool, Luis give up on these?

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 18:09:00

At 1/11/11 05:32 PM, AsianMafiaSin wrote: Cool, Luis give up on these?

I guess so, but I think he's just waiting 'til he post the first one next thread...

Also... great movie, loved it. :3

In b4 Lois... Please, Lulu, come back!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 18:22:29

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 18:46:20

At 1/11/11 06:22 PM, JackSmack wrote: Here is a link to axman13's review of the audio submission. Funny stuff.

He posted it on the internet... and then he complains about someone basically reposting it. lol

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 19:24:48

At 1/11/11 03:16 PM, Auz wrote: That submission got so much attention? Wow...

It's pretty funny and well set-up and all, but it's basically an NG inside joke about the quality of some of the reviews on this website. You wouldn't expect that anyone outside of NG would care for it.

Anyway, nice to know we're in the spotlights once again :)

I see your point, but I can see why this cartoon was able to reach so many audiences, it's because more than people on NG can relate to crappy reviews.

before the internet there were probably crappy reviews in news papers and such by a bunch of old school nubs xD.

But now, you go to any popular website, like YouTube, or FaceBook, and whatnot, and it's filled with crappy reviews on pictures, movies, music, content, etc.

That being said, it doesn't surprise me if al ot of people liked it because the popular websites online have adopted comments and reviews and it's filled with funny stuff but basically crap =)

Response to Dot Dot Dot, Webcasting 2011-01-11 19:44:09

It turned out great, it was fun, creative.
People got more in touch with some of the other artists, I think I seen a collab or two coming together.
Turned out very good, I suggest this be done way more often.