00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sammytheB just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Color This Mad World Musicanimation

3,407 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi! And welcome to the Color this world Music Animation remix contest! Why am i making this contest?

Well i made a song called "Color this world" then animated it in a little flash cartoon. It got Front Paged so it was hard worked payed! Now i thaught why not let everybody here in the Audio Forums remix this song and then i would animate it! Now i am not going to promise you NG fame. But! You will get more exposer from this!

You see newgrounds is a InteractiveMedia website for animation and games. So if you want more exposer you'll need to get atleast one of your songs in a well known animation/game.

Color this world was made in a madness combat theme but its original theme has not been made yet. So i took this opportunity not to only animate the original "Color this world" BUT make diffrint versions of it!

Now this is a pretty big and ambitious project and it will take some time before i finish the animation so please be patient ;)
OKAY WHAT TO DO!

Here DOWNLOAD this file you must have Flstudio to do Open it. Sorry :( i could make a midi if someone could help me that would be cool ;)

Then remix it to your hearts content! Make a Dubstep/Drumtep remix! House,trance or even classical. The time limit should be MINIMAL 2min and MAXIMAL 4min. Upload it on NG audio portal. Then post it here in this thread :)
(just copy and paste the link ng then will turn it in into a icon.)

There is no Deadline to this contest. But there is a limit to 10 people here. I could add more if your remix can make fireballs fall from the sky. ;)

Contest Theme Art

Color This Mad World Musicanimation

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 18:53:24

I'm totally doing this

My entry will be maximal!

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 18:59:03

Midi please?
Not everyone uses FL.
I don't know how to export from FL, but i'm absolutely sure there is a way to export midi.
Because I would really enjoy to remix this.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 19:11:51

At 11/2/10 06:59 PM, maccormack wrote: Midi please?
Not everyone uses FL.
I don't know how to export from FL, but i'm absolutely sure there is a way to export midi.
Because I would really enjoy to remix this.

quoted for truth. exporting midi in FL shouldn't be hard. just find the export midi option from the drop down menu and click it. see whut happens. if it gets hard just google "exporting midi FL" and your bound to get info.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 19:26:08

At 11/2/10 06:59 PM, maccormack wrote: Midi please?

Here you go! MIDI DOWNLOAD

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 19:52:17

I'll give it a shot but since it's already a dnb song i'll prolly end up making it another dnb song!

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 19:58:09

At 11/2/10 07:52 PM, ranter wrote: I'll give it a shot but since it's already a dnb song i'll prolly end up making it another dnb song!

Cool! But use this MIDI!!
DOWNLOAD

I forgot to add the main melody! So EVREYBDOY USE THIS OKAY?

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 21:09:11

I'm down for remixing it. It should prove to be a interesting project.

BBS Signature

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-02 23:41:11

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 02:04:45

I'm almost done.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 02:25:38

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 06:52:34

At 11/2/10 11:41 PM, SineRider wrote: here is my entry hope you like
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73484

I like your take on IDM with my song. Im a sucker for IDM music so you get points for that. But! I cant hear the fimiliar elements of my song. I suggest you use the bassline atleast or better yet the main melody. Even though i can hear you used the chord progression and slowed it down and played with the notes a bit. But the average listener might have a hard time reconising it.

At 11/3/10 02:25 AM, mikkim wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73512
What do you think?

Sounds like a clown dancing around XD. Very diffrint indeed. You could try again, but take your time when making it. It sound just to simple like its missing something. BUt your in a good track.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 08:31:44

I'm working on my version as I type this, I'm looking for a certain sound to give off, so I'm tweaking here and there. It just may be the overall progression you have going so maybe I'll change that a slight bit to give it some flavor and then add my own twist. Now to figure out what VSTs to use...

BBS Signature

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 11:16:53

At 11/3/10 06:52 AM, YouriX wrote: I like your take on IDM with my song. Im a sucker for IDM music so you get points for that. But! I cant hear the fimiliar elements of my song. I suggest you use the bassline atleast or better yet the main melody. Even though i can hear you used the chord progression and slowed it down and played with the notes a bit. But the average listener might have a hard time reconising it.

Okay I understand that, but you didn't really include a bassline. So I went off the chords for the first half, then did my own thing for the ending. If you want I can edit it to be more like the first part.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 11:38:38

At 11/3/10 11:16 AM, SineRider wrote: Okay I understand that, but you didn't really include a bassline. So I went off the chords for the first half, then did my own thing for the ending. If you want I can edit it to be more like the first part.

You can do that. But it would be cooler to include the main melody. You dont have to use the piano vst but something high pitched. :)
Because the overall feel and chords are good.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 11:47:35

Well i finished mine, I know i said it was gonna be DnB but i never tried Trance and i was always fascinated with trance so here's it:

Btw i know i'm a long NG user but i never came on the forum whats IDM and how do i get the cd logo where you can click on my song ? =p

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 11:49:09

At 11/3/10 11:47 AM, ranter wrote: Well i finished mine, I know i said it was gonna be DnB but i never tried Trance and i was always fascinated with trance so here's it:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73553
and how do i get the cd logo where you can click on my song ? =p

Nevermind i already got it somehow hehe!

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 13:22:17

Thanks for the midi :)
Finished mine, but i need to let it soak in before I put it up.
Thanks, it was fun.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 19:55:10

TIP OF THE DAY
High on a cold giant mountin i stand. I create a small globe i let it go up in the sky. Then after the climax of the small melody. Colors fall from the sky and fills the world with life!

See what i did there? The song was nice enough for me to create a cute little story please keep that in mind when making your remix. The song must have a umph a uuurrggh. So that i can make a story cool enough to animate.

Simply put you have to beat my original song.
Keep that in mind ;)
This song was uploaded on my alt account and will be used as the intro of the animation. Then your remix will come up next.

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-03 21:18:36

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-04 20:43:20

At 11/3/10 09:18 PM, maccormack wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73634
Here we are, it was quite fun.

Thanks im glad you did. Still i think i am going to wait a bit more and see who else got something to show off :)

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-05 10:23:13

Alright, I am almost finish with my remix. I found something clever I could do so I'm just trying to make the song move along smoothly and I'll have it uploaded ASAP.

BBS Signature

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-05 15:24:43

At 11/5/10 10:23 AM, Tzunami wrote: Alright, I am almost finish with my remix. I found something clever I could do so I'm just trying to make the song move along smoothly and I'll have it uploaded ASAP.

Cool!! Because i cant wait ;)

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-05 15:58:54

At 11/5/10 03:24 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 11/5/10 10:23 AM, Tzunami wrote: Alright, I am almost finish with my remix. I found something clever I could do so I'm just trying to make the song move along smoothly and I'll have it uploaded ASAP.
Cool!! Because i cant wait ;)

And here it is: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73990

BBS Signature

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-05 16:25:58

At 11/5/10 03:58 PM, Tzunami wrote: And here it is: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 73990

Yes! This is what i am talking about! The feel! That umph you get when you listen to a song. You did it man! You beat my original song!
Anyways! So far the play list!

So far the list more are welcome like is said before! If your not on the playlist dont get angry with :(
I have good reasons as to why i did not choose it. However you guys can still make it if you make a song that can give me that feeling. If you study the song that i put in the list you might come to that conlusion as to why i choose them.

Anyways succes with your projects!

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-07 14:09:42

Bump for support.

Also i am planning the script for these three songs already ;)

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-07 20:58:11

Have you checked out mine aswell ? not that it's the best but it's worth a comment i guess ?

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-08 05:50:22

At 11/7/10 08:58 PM, ranter wrote: Have you checked out mine aswell ? not that it's the best but it's worth a comment i guess ?

Yes sure, sorry for not responding. I gave it the best review i could give with my experience. But if you still want me to animate a song of yours you can still try again. And i might like it enough so that i would animate it ;)

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-08 10:24:51

Nah i think i'll go look up some mastering tutorials! And just improve this one! and the saw is my favourite trance sound so that's kind of the reason i put it in there (listened to alot of DJ Tiesto and Cygnus X when i was younger)

So thanks for the review and thanks for letting me remix your song!

Response to Color This Mad World Musicanimation 2010-11-08 14:21:42

Yo:

tbh I didn't even read your post till I was about halfway done with the remixXD
I dl'd the file about 2 hours ago, I'm not used to working in FL 9, and I've been up all night (er it's afternoon, maybe I should say I never went to sleep, sounds more appropriate,) so sorry if I ruined it or something:/