00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BOTTO-NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So APB might not be dead..

2,131 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 03:21:38

http://apb-eu.dnsalias.org/PatchNotes/
"It's looking like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for APB. The end of the administration process is apparently close and there appears to be a buyer for the game. "

Might be fun.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 03:24:37

At 11/1/10 03:23 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Didn't it suck, though?

Only the gameplay really, so if some time is actually spent on it, we could have a decent MMO going here.
The character creation/customization was really cool.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 03:35:25

At 11/1/10 03:32 AM, PleaseContinue wrote:
At 11/1/10 03:24 AM, Oliver wrote:
At 11/1/10 03:23 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Didn't it suck, though?
Only the gameplay really
So.................... the experience of playing the game sucked.

In other words, everything sucked.

??????

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried. The concept was brilliant, the graphics were good and the customisability of your character is the best in any existing game (I'm not exaggerating). There was also little to no glitches (if there was any). Just the actual multi-player mechanics of the game blew.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 03:35:53

At 11/1/10 03:32 AM, PleaseContinue wrote:
In other words, everything sucked.

??????

Simply, yes. But it held a lot of potential. with a bit more work thrown into it, it could be awesome.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 03:51:51

At 11/1/10 03:44 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Having not played the game, I'm going on hearsay here for it to make some semblance of sense to me
At 11/1/10 03:44 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Having not played the game, I'm going on hearsay here
At 11/1/10 03:44 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Having not played the game

It's always a good idea to leave the whole "opinion making" thing in this topic to people who have actually played the game.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 14:57:33

At 11/1/10 03:53 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: I'm trying to figure out what the fuck the appeal of this game is from people WHO HAVE PLAYED IT.

The appeal to me was the open PvP, ( It never got released) and the atmosphere of the game in general, you know Cops, and robbers.
I ended up pre purchasing it, but it got really stale after a week, only played it for ten hours before it shut down. The only things I could complain about was the awful matchmaking, terrible missions, and bad gunplay. If those were fixed, the game would've been pretty good.

The downfall was really the fact that it was rushed out so fast. Given it had around 6, maybe a years more time of development, it would've been a lot better. Hell, the patches alone made it a lot better. But due to the awful reviews it got many people didn't end up buying the game.

I heard Epic Games may be buying the rights to APB, so it may become a decent MMO after all, it certainly has potential.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 14:58:33

APB was an interesting concept that was implemented rather poorly, glad to see it get a 2nd chance though.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 23:22:42

I found the game to get really repetitive. No matter what they did to it, I probably wouldn't buy it again. Sure it had a lot of great things like the customization and everything like you've all been saying... It just didn't entertain for very long... Like I said, got too repetitive.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-01 23:57:17

The MMO had some potential to be something fun, what with all the customization and the overall theme, but it got bogged down by the most important thing in gaming which is gameplay. At least now it would get a second chance, considering how long the game was in development and how popular the game was before launch.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-02 10:41:25

What is APB?

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-02 13:14:40

At 11/2/10 10:41 AM, iamgrimreaper wrote: What is APB?

herp

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-15 19:15:17

APB has officially been bought

"After months of speculation, down-and-out MMO APB finally has a new owner.
K2 Networks is it. GamesIndustry.biz reports that a sum of around £1.5 million sealed the deal.
Who? The outfit that takes Asian online games like War Rock and 9 Dragons and localises them for the West.

K2 also operates global free-to-play platform GamersFirst, which makes a micro-transaction model seem likely for APB in the future.
An official statement is coming next week. "

Well shit.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-15 19:21:33

I kinda wanna play this game

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-15 20:34:20

At 11/15/10 07:15 PM, Oliver wrote: APB has officially been bought

"After months of speculation, down-and-out MMO APB finally has a new owner.
K2 Networks is it. GamesIndustry.biz reports that a sum of around £1.5 million sealed the deal.
Who? The outfit that takes Asian online games like War Rock and 9 Dragons and localises them for the West.

K2 also operates global free-to-play platform GamersFirst, which makes a micro-transaction model seem likely for APB in the future.
An official statement is coming next week. "

Well shit.

So they'll implement massive grind just to get from level 2 to 3 with the cap being 1000 and make you pay tons for things that do not last more than 2 days? I am glad I never got it. Also, 1 mil internets says that it won't have free-for-all (as in everyone against everyone) pvp, and you can glue my ass back on after I laugh it off if at least 80% of the customization aspects will be completely unavailable to those who don't pony up for the pixels.

Minecraft: grimmdestroyer

PSN: KindofBlue

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 13:12:29

It sucked pretty hard. I played the beta, the only good part was the customization.

But that was exceptional, to be fair.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 15:38:45

At 11/16/10 01:12 PM, tauer wrote:
It sucked pretty hard. I played the beta, the only good part was the customization.

The gameplay wasn't awful, but it really wasn't very good, and the missions were shallow, and boring.

I'd disagree with this. If you compare it to other games, I'd say the customization was pretty top notch. Surprising lack of clothing though.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 15:51:03

At 11/16/10 03:38 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 11/16/10 01:12 PM, tauer wrote:
I'd disagree with this. If you compare it to other games, I'd say the customization was pretty top notch. Surprising lack of clothing though.

That's what I said. The costumization was exceptional.

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 16:50:05

i guess i can finally try the game! woohoo.

Been around since 2004. (as a lurker that is!)

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 16:51:44

At 11/16/10 03:38 PM, ironraven24 wrote:

derp.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 21:50:43

I was in the beta for that, holy hell it was repetitive, boring, bland and the driving was so delayed.
gtfo apb

unless they can fix it

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard-up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash.

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 22:22:50

Like I said, it's a solid concept.

Keep the customization but fix everything gameplay related is what they need to do.

If it was cheap/f2p I'd try it out if they release it again.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-16 22:57:55

At 11/2/10 12:01 AM, PleaseContinue wrote: Are you retarded?

You know, Stupidest is a dumb word too. That means your link is invalid.

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-17 04:49:39

I really hope it becomes F2P because I just want to mess around in that character creator. It looks pretty amazing. Playing dress up is fun. It was the best part of Spore, and seems to be the best part of this game.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to So APB might not be dead.. 2010-11-17 05:00:18

At 11/17/10 04:49 AM, DirtySyko wrote: I really hope it becomes F2P because I just want to mess around in that character creator. It looks pretty amazing. Playing dress up is fun. It was the best part of Spore, and seems to be the best part of this game.

I hated the character creator in spore, personally. Maybe I didn't play around and experiment with it enough, but it didn't seem like it was that great. Like I said, though, maybe I just need to experiment with it more.

On Topic: I've never played APB, or heard much about it before, but from what I've seen from this topic, it looks pretty cool. Is the character customization similar to that of City of heroes, by any chance?