00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AJtheRipper's Thread!

845 Views | 17 Replies

AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:07:17

Just a little note - I always held off making a thread until my Wacom came in, it still hasn't yet but I made some 'okay' art with my mouse. Critique away please! I'd like to improve.

This was one of the first things I drew on Photoshop after a bit of messing around. I posted it once before but it never got any feedback so I don't think it will do harm posting it again! Nothing special, just decapitation =)

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:14:59

At 9/22/10 08:07 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: Just a little note - I always held off making a thread until my Wacom came in, it still hasn't yet but I made some 'okay' art with my mouse. Critique away please! I'd like to improve.

This was one of the first things I drew on Photoshop after a bit of messing around. I posted it once before but it never got any feedback so I don't think it will do harm posting it again! Nothing special, just decapitation =)

Pretty meh, his body looks very flat, and is very rigid for being "dead". Also, that tree on the right looks ripped from something else.
Shading won't hurt either.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:15:03

I actually just did this in work. It may look like I put no effort into it but I really like how it turned out! I'm trying to keep it simple but catchy, what do you guys think?

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:17:19

Pretty meh, his body looks very flat, and is very rigid for being "dead". Also, that tree on the right looks ripped from something else.
Shading won't hurt either.

Yeah - Like I said that was one of the first things I actually drew on Photoshop, but yes it could use some shading. Oh and the tree was a brush that I used. I don't cheat anymore ;P

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:21:48

Balls - Eye balls..

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:44:18

Heh, Nice catch on the eyeball.
Nice perspective~~:D

Support me on my Patreon!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-22 20:50:17

At 9/22/10 08:44 PM, TaraGraphics wrote: Heh, Nice catch on the eyeball.
Nice perspective~~:D

Thanks

Oh, this was another drawing that I first started out on. The tree is a brush, everything else is epic horseshit.

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 03:36:57

I really like your art. Make it a little more detailed, and less flat, and you have a master piece!!

BBS Signature

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 08:17:24

At 9/22/10 08:07 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: This was one of the first things I drew on Photoshop after a bit of messing around. I posted it once before but it never got any feedback so I don't think it will do harm posting it again! Nothing special, just decapitation =)

My main issue with this is that he appears to have a femur in his neck as oppose to a spinal cord.....

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 09:29:49

Thanks for the compliment!

@Johnny - yeah I know I was just looking for an easy bone. Maybe I'll redo it soon to see if I've improved at all!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 10:55:56

The bass player from - A Plague Upon Us - asked me to make a flier for an upcoming show they have. This is what they created - they were probably stoned?

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 10:57:19

This is what I came up with - the texture looks really good on the borer I thought!

AJtheRipper's Thread!

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 11:00:54

At 9/23/10 10:57 AM, AJtheRipper wrote: This is what I came up with - the texture looks really good on the borer I thought!

That's actually pretty snazzy. Did you design their logo?

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 11:42:44

Thanks! And yes - it took me forever. After adding a texture to it to spice it up a bit I spent literally two hours erasing in between the letters.

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 19:14:43

At 9/23/10 11:42 AM, AJtheRipper wrote:
Thanks! And yes - it took me forever. After adding a texture to it to spice it up a bit I spent literally two hours erasing in between the letters.

If you were in photoshop you could just right click while you have the lasso and choose something like "select layer content" or something.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.

PSN ID:Peegler

Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-23 21:56:55

If you were in photoshop you could just right click while you have the lasso and choose something like "select layer content" or something.

Had I known that before I would've done it. Thanks for the tip haha. It would've saved me some time ;) I'm still kinda new at this but I definitely learn something everyday

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-24 04:26:40

Some nice stuff you have here - you have a very defined style, open to warping and the like. However, I'm noticing a lot of items in your drawings not drawn by you - mostly the backgrounds and backgrounds elements, and they contrast readily with your drawing, don't match it in the slightest. Plus, once you spot them, it really does seem as if you've not exactly put a lot of effort into your own drawings.

Other then that, coming along well.

Response to AJtheRipper's Thread! 2010-09-24 08:04:47

At 9/24/10 04:26 AM, Lintire wrote: Some nice stuff you have here - you have a very defined style, open to warping and the like. However, I'm noticing a lot of items in your drawings not drawn by you - mostly the backgrounds and backgrounds elements, and they contrast readily with your drawing, don't match it in the slightest. Plus, once you spot them, it really does seem as if you've not exactly put a lot of effort into your own drawings.

Other then that, coming along well.

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. I probably won't post anything until I figure out this drawing tablet because the rest of the stuff I have is kind of garbage.