00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[talk] NG Print Calendar 2011

33,876 Views | 414 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-08-31 23:33:19

HI RES WIP of Tankman Hominid Slots for the NG PRINT CALENDAR 2011
<http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9fe bcf31cc7765c8cb50d3ee8e243869>
I was playing this the other night on NG and this came to me...I still have a few details to sort through, but any comments would be helpful. Emuzin

A MIND THAT SPARKS CREATIVITY!

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 02:38:31

At 8/31/10 10:03 PM, YellowPencil wrote: i want to make it into the calendar this year xD

Yeah, would be nice :3

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 08:01:10

At 9/1/10 02:38 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
At 8/31/10 10:03 PM, YellowPencil wrote: i want to make it into the calendar this year xD
Yeah, would be nice :3

thanks, totally would, but I am sure when you finish yours you are in 100%

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 11:13:19

3bdul's busts me up.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 15:23:17

Ok, I'm getting a bit bored of deleting certain posts now, since everybody seems to be careless enough to not link to larger pics in their first. Nae even had the insight to mention it in the second post of the talk thread.

So listen up:

**IMPORTANT**
The art thread is ONLY for uploading pictures of entries to the contest.

If you forget to include a link to the bigger image, or screw up on the links, DON'T post a reply with a link to your image -no talking in that thread!

BUT DON'T PANIC!!!
If you make a mistake, FORGET YOU EVEN MADE YOUR PREVIOUS POST!
Just:
- Make your post. -"Lol look at the capers Pico Nae and thingy have got into Lol!"
- Attach your pic to the post.
- Provide a link to your larger image. Art portal entry, Dev Art, Imageshack, Dumping Grounds ... whatever!

A forum mod will see your post, and think, "Hm, I will delete the better post of the two."

Nae will go "Oh boy! June and July have been sorted! Gee, my job is a piece of cake!"

... and everything is a-ok, and you look like a smarty-pants with a big smile.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 17:15:13

POTOFTEAMULAN!

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-01 23:53:19

Question

I have already submitted an art piece. I would like to know is it possible to submit my madness art contest piece for this 2011 Calendar contest?

It was made to be 18 inches by 12 inches I can shorten its size if its acceptable.

Preview below

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 01:22:37

HI RES FINISHED TANKMAN HOMINID SLOTS or AH, LEMONS 2011 NG PRINT CALENDAR ENTRY #3
<http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/0ef 01229d8346b62e08ed459dbf36398>
Changes were to Hominid's left foot and hind quarters...and added text to slots...also expression to Tankman...the freaking sizing went ascue...so I didn't go back in to fix Tankman's left arm length\
hope this is good enough

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 09:07:36

Hey, I have some ideas, but I don`t know if they are great, I like them but maybe someone wold not understand it.

Draw a flash icon in the center and many newgrounds animation and game characters exploding out of it. You can check my style in art, idea is similar like triangle drawing.

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 13:59:24

Question : Can I submit a photograph to be used for the calendar? I'm planning on drawing out the characters and other things, then going out with a couple models and doing several shoots.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 16:20:32

At 9/2/10 01:59 PM, camobch0 wrote: Question : Can I submit a photograph to be used for the calendar? I'm planning on drawing out the characters and other things, then going out with a couple models and doing several shoots.

I think so you can, because I am gone draw with hand too and I am doing it right now.
And than scan it inside, maybe before that i`m gone color it, or Im gone do it with digital media.

HEY, YES YOU !

If you know some really good Newgrounds character or you have some good ones, you can tell me and maybe I`m gone draw it in my Newgrounds calendar contest drawing.

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 17:36:23

Looking at all of the entries, this year's calendar is going to suck.

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:15:51

At 9/2/10 01:59 PM, camobch0 wrote: Question : Can I submit a photograph

No, sorry.

At 9/2/10 05:36 PM, Aryk wrote: Looking at all of the entries, this year's calendar is going to suck.

Holla!! ...as I've said in years past ...if in the end there aren't 12 usable submissions, it will be treated like a regular art contest (with the standard 1st-5th place winners/prizes) and we just won't have a calendar.

C'est la vie.

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:21:15

new WIP..

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:22:10

What are the standard prizes?

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:25:31

At 9/2/10 06:22 PM, YellowPencil wrote: What are the standard prizes?

1st Place: $50 in store credit OR cash
2nd Place: $40 in store credit OR cash
3rd Place: $30 in store credit OR cash
4th Place: $20 in store credit OR cash
5th Place: $10 in store credit OR cash

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:26:59

At 9/2/10 06:25 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/2/10 06:22 PM, YellowPencil wrote: What are the standard prizes?
1st Place: $50 in store credit OR cash
2nd Place: $40 in store credit OR cash
3rd Place: $30 in store credit OR cash
4th Place: $20 in store credit OR cash
5th Place: $10 in store credit OR cash

thats pretty neat! one more thing, if i actually do get in the calendar, do you ship it for free?

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:40:57

At 9/2/10 06:26 PM, YellowPencil wrote: ...do you ship it for free?

I don't really know how they work that. Maybe it comes out of the $20?

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 18:43:07

yeah, i thought of that, because shipping to my place costs 17$...

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 20:12:39

At 9/2/10 06:40 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/2/10 06:26 PM, YellowPencil wrote: ...do you ship it for free?
I don't really know how they work that. Maybe it comes out of the $20?

hmm yeah, I`ll be moving to mars for a recolonisation program soon; shipping would be 2561,- if there is no hurry...

dark they were, and golden eyed

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 20:47:09

well...I would just like to add that I am completely disgusted with the lack of enthusiasm for other NG Artist's compositions....how disrespectful and hurtful to those whom have actually taken their time (like me) to come up with fresh ideas year after year...only to be shot down...time and time again...only to see the same NewGround artist/illustrators supported in any contest. (And I shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for saying up front....that I don't think by any means that the calendar this year would suck...or should it have to be turned into a random art contest for the lack of composition or competition...Time to start showcasing all of us....this is NGs after all Everything, by everyone...not just the few, the proud and cliqued. (there now I have vented....i don't have heartburn anymore....followed by a big, soda-like belch) Peace

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 20:56:41

At 9/2/10 08:47 PM, Emuzin wrote: well...I would just like to add that I am completely disgusted with the lack of enthusiasm for other NG Artist's compositions....how disrespectful and hurtful to those whom have actually taken their time (like me) to come up with fresh ideas year after year...only to be shot down...time and time again...only to see the same NewGround artist/illustrators supported in any contest. (And I shouldn't have to apologize to anyone for saying up front....that I don't think by any means that the calendar this year would suck...or should it have to be turned into a random art contest for the lack of composition or competition...Time to start showcasing all of us....this is NGs after all Everything, by everyone...not just the few, the proud and cliqued. (there now I have vented....i don't have heartburn anymore....followed by a big, soda-like belch) Peace

It would be everything by everyone, but then it wouldn't be a contest, you moron. You're getting shot down because your art isn't that creative, or good. The same artists are put up because they are creative, and good. And it's not hurtful to lose a contest, you should only expect to win if you think you can compete with the others. tl;dr, stop whining like a bitch, bitch.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 21:20:36

It would be everything by everyone, but then it wouldn't be a contest, you moron. You're getting shot down because your art isn't that creative, or good. The same artists are put up because they are creative, and good. And it's not hurtful to lose a contest, you should only expect to win if you think you can compete with the others. tl;dr, stop whining like a bitch, bitch.

First off Bitch...don't call me Bitch, Bitch or a Moron for that matter.
Second: i know very well what creative art and thinking out of the box is...you follower...and very well what it means to win competetive art and other related contests on a Universal level.
Third...just because you feel (and you are entitled to your own whining opinion) that I am complaining....I don't see any of your art work entered in this calendar contest and I was speaking on behalf of having art that doesn't suck....and feel that it would doa NewGround Calendar position proud.
Forth and Final: you just validated my statement of the same NewGrounders feeling that they are superior to others...needing to beat others down...when in fact...that is really your insecurity.
...and truthfully for calling me a Moron "Moron" you missed the point completely.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 21:41:02

At 9/2/10 09:20 PM, Emuzin wrote:

First off Bitch...don't call me Bitch, Bitch or a Moron for that matter.
Second: i know very well what creative art and thinking out of the box is...you follower...and very well what it means to win competetive art and other related contests on a Universal level.
Third...just because you feel (and you are entitled to your own whining opinion) that I am complaining....I don't see any of your art work entered in this calendar contest and I was speaking on behalf of having art that doesn't suck....and feel that it would doa NewGround Calendar position proud.
Forth and Final: you just validated my statement of the same NewGrounders feeling that they are superior to others...needing to beat others down...when in fact...that is really your insecurity.
...and truthfully for calling me a Moron "Moron" you missed the point completely.

Ignoring first, going to second...
I didn't say you didn't know what creative art is. (what am I following, though?) Saying that those same people who win because there good shouldn't win doesn't display your knowledge very well. Also saying universal like that is stupid.
third... You are complaining jackass. And now your complaining that I'm entitled to my own opinion.
"I don't see any of your art work entered in this calendar contest and i was speaking on behalf of having art that doesn't suck" YUP, YA GOT ME THAR, MAH ART SUCKS PRETTY BAD.
Fourth...

YUP YA GOT ME AGGIN THAR I THINK IM BETTER THAN YOU SO IM DEFINITELY INSECURE BOUT MAHSELF

There was a point to your comment, besides attention whoring?

tl;dr lrn2logic

look at my pictures

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 21:45:46

(On a more calm tone....to DemocracyFTW and other young artists) Art is supposed to be just that....Art. and on any level....there shouldn't be disrespect to anyone (regardless of age, race, caliber of art...or contest) True, competitions can be brutal...but at the same time, there isn't any reason to be nasty about it. The real artists are those who know defeat, and win or lose gracefully...sometimes even bow out graciously to show or give respect to someone-else. It was only in my opinion...that I was basically standing up for those who like to compete, may not be the world's best...but shouldn't have to hear certain unnecessary comments...like they suck. That's all...Just wanted to speak my piece.
Peace---Emuzin

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 21:48:51

At 9/2/10 08:47 PM, Emuzin wrote: there now I have vented

Oh, how I would love to vent! Instead I'll put my HEAVILY edited reply here:

I'm in no way saying there haven't been some good pieces submitted already... but please remember that these are to be SOLD... for MONEY... in the STORE! And people are not going to buy them if every other month is a static mish-mash of the same 6 characters... no matter who draws it!

Things to keep in mind:
- We need 12 ...not 6, not 8, not 10... but TWELVE... well done, unique and different images.
- Certain months have special holidays or events. For example: Sept is Madness, April is Pico Day, August would be Clock Day, etc.
- The goal is to distribute things evenly... meaning only one castle crashers image, one pico, one tankman, etc.

So for this to work, we need to get some variety up in here!

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 21:54:44

At 9/2/10 09:45 PM, Emuzin wrote: words that made DemocracyFTW calm the fuck down.

Well put. I apologize for my for my previous statements.

look at my pictures

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 22:00:16

This is why i typed a follow-up on a more calm note....
I didn't mean Universal...I was typing mad and meant International, because I have won art competitions on a national and international level.

Lastly...I have been to your NG portal page...I have seen your artwork...and yes, it is art...and I would give you a fair assessment or critique...but never turn to you an say your art sucks. I would try to bestill a confidence in you so you would continue to create. And if you wanted me to help you with ideas...I would offer only suggestions on how to help you help yourself be at a comfortable level you can handle....again....never telling you, you suck.
So....I hope you read my other post....Peace.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-02 22:07:54

I understand and my follow-up comments to DemocracyFTW were not meant to spam the Talk Thread...but to make a statement about art in general and that no one deserves to hear that they suck....I really do hope you get the art needed to make up twelve great months for a new NewGrounds 2011 calendar...they benefit everyone...useful and great fun to look at. And thanks for getting that I needed to vent . It's all good

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] NG Print Calendar 2011 2010-09-03 02:09:53

The shit level for entry's is so high.