00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Many Kirbies Collab

69,586 Views | 1,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 12:30:38

At 7/26/10 11:48 AM, StalkerGuy wrote:
At 7/26/10 11:38 AM, StalkerGuy wrote: Here's a fun fact, Kirby is actually a series of vacuum cleaners
But hey can i join? I have made some fine animations but never uploaded them here. (Because they are in Icelandic)

Can you show us these animations anyway? Even if you can't put in english subtitles, we can still see how well you can animate and work with Flash.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 14:01:46

At 7/26/10 12:30 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 7/26/10 11:48 AM, StalkerGuy wrote:
At 7/26/10 11:38 AM, StalkerGuy wrote: Here's a fun fact, Kirby is actually a series of vacuum cleaners
But hey can i join? I have made some fine animations but never uploaded them here. (Because they are in Icelandic)
Can you show us these animations anyway? Even if you can't put in english subtitles, we can still see how well you can animate and work with Flash.

OK but this is a bit old here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMT0gksff 3o
I can animate better, i didn't put that much effort into it. But if i get in i'm going to put maximum effort into mine because i got an idea. And btw i made that cartoon in about a week.

fu

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 14:39:12

At 7/26/10 02:01 PM, StalkerGuy wrote:
OK but this is a bit old here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMT0gksff 3o

I can understand the jist of what happenned. A church is caught in a flood, and the priest chooses not to be saved and to go with God. With English subtitles, if you submitted it to the portal, it would achieve a score of roughly 2.40. People have a hard time appreciating a movie with such rough drawings. My favorite part was the credits music. Metal Gear Solid. Nice.

I can animate better, i didn't put that much effort into it. But if i get in i'm going to put maximum effort into mine because i got an idea. And btw i made that cartoon in about a week.

If you think you can make great drawings and animations for a skit, I'm sure we can allow you to at least make something. But we will criteque your work. If we feel that the drawings could use more detail or that an animation needs to be cleaned up, we'll tell you. Not because we think it's bad, but because we think it can be better. We would also require you come up with a GOOD idea for a short on one of Kirby's abilities. Preferably a comedy.

If you've got an idea for a Kirby ability, go ahead and post it. Hopefully the Kirby isn't already taken.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 14:47:16

At 7/26/10 02:39 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 7/26/10 02:01 PM, StalkerGuy wrote:
I can understand the jist of what happenned. A church is caught in a flood, and the priest chooses not to be saved and to go with God. With English subtitles, if you submitted it to the portal, it would achieve a score of roughly 2.40. People have a hard time appreciating a movie with such rough drawings. My favorite part was the credits music. Metal Gear Solid. Nice.
If you think you can make great drawings and animations for a skit, I'm sure we can allow you to at least make something. But we will criteque your work. If we feel that the drawings could use more detail or that an animation needs to be cleaned up, we'll tell you. Not because we think it's bad, but because we think it can be better. We would also require you come up with a GOOD idea for a short on one of Kirby's abilities. Preferably a comedy.

If you've got an idea for a Kirby ability, go ahead and post it. Hopefully the Kirby isn't already taken.

As i say, i didn't put effort to it, it was kind of a hurry project because it was for school and i was running late. I also didn't know how to use my tablet at that time so i used my mouse for the drawing but now i know pretty much how to use the tablet. And it was made in less then a week. So i hope that you understand.

fu

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 14:48:49

At 7/26/10 11:56 AM, FlashfireEX wrote:
At 7/26/10 11:48 AM, StalkerGuy wrote: But hey can i join? I have made some fine animations but never uploaded them here. (Because they are in Icelandic)
Well it's kinda full. Sorry. Unless you are an experienced sprite animator that is.

Well ok then i wont make.

fu

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 15:53:34

At 7/25/10 07:13 AM, SpykeAnimations wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/39e4 4196412956aa6e99b967be3f394a
What do I need to do (apart from audio)

and improving fire by adding more frames?

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 17:52:50

At 7/26/10 03:53 PM, SpykeAnimations wrote:
At 7/25/10 07:13 AM, SpykeAnimations wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/39e4 4196412956aa6e99b967be3f394a
What do I need to do (apart from audio)
and improving fire by adding more frames?

Try the tut.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-26 23:45:51

Sprite Parts - 5/7
Drawn Parts - 21/18

Animal Kirby - Gustavos (Drawn)
Ball Kirby- Chocolate Grasshopper (drawn)
Beam Kirby - AguProductions (Sprited)
Bomb Kirby - VintageBro (Drawn)
Clean Kirby - JPB (Drawn)
Cook Kirby - Jfig111(Drawn)
Crash Kirby - Gustavos (Drawn)
Cutter Kirby - OutcastLabs (Drawn) Finished
Drill Kirby - JPB (drawn)
Dynamite Kirby - ChocolateGrasshopper (Drawn)
Fighter Kirby - DestructionSeries (Sprited)
Fire Kirby- SpykeAnimations (drawn)
Freeze Kirby - FlashfireEX (Drawn)
Hammer Kirby - Pattiasina24 (Sprited)
Jet Kirby - FlashfireEX (Sprited)
Laser Kirby - Falling (drawn)
Magic Kirby - OutcastLabs (Drawn)
Mic Kirby - FlashfireEX (Undecided)
Mirror Kirby - ikool (Drawn)
Ninja Kirby - JBTheAnimator (Drawn)
Parasol Kirby - OutcastLabs (Sprited)
Plasma Kirby - liljoey50 (Drawn)
Sword Kirby - Budge007 (Drawn)
Tornado Kirby - scottwjsm (Drawn)
UFO Kirby - JaccoNL (Drawn)
Wheelie Kirby - Budge007 (Drawn)
Yo-Yo Kirby - LiquidOoze (Drawn)

Just thought I should put up this list after so long.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 01:27:25

Got any good Underwater sprites? (Background & Enemies)

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 03:49:55

I'm still making something but it's going to take a while to finish. :P

Kirby collab entry

Dragonball Z Rulz! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 10:20:08

At 7/27/10 03:49 AM, JBTheAnimator wrote: I'm still making something but it's going to take a while to finish. :P

Kirby collab entry

Wow, great use of filters. Can't wait to see the finished thing.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 14:35:21

At 7/27/10 03:49 AM, JBTheAnimator wrote: I'm still making something but it's going to take a while to finish. :P

Kirby collab entry

Damn, boy. Nice graphical quality. Love how you made Ninja Kirby. The setting you have also shows you're planning a nice animation.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 16:31:08

Gustavos, don't forget that I have Needle Kirby ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 16:38:29

At 7/27/10 04:31 PM, hrechkaness wrote: Gustavos, don't forget that I have Needle Kirby ;)

oh shit, I must've missed that on the first time I updated the list. I'm sorry.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 19:35:30

Hey there! (I'm absolutely new to Newgrounds, so I hope I'm replying correctly xD)

I've seen the first Kirby Collab, and I'd love to be a part of this one. C: I have three samples of my Flash work:
Dino Muncher VS Senor Secret Sinister Snake
In a Pickle
Pokemon Battle WIP

If they're good enough for me to qualify, I'd like to take the spot of Stone Kirby

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 19:55:45

At 7/27/10 07:35 PM, Torkirby wrote: Hey there! (I'm absolutely new to Newgrounds, so I hope I'm replying correctly xD)

I've seen the first Kirby Collab, and I'd love to be a part of this one. C: I have three samples of my Flash work:
In a Pickle
Pokemon Battle WIP

If they're good enough for me to qualify, I'd like to take the spot of Stone Kirby

Well sorry but the Collab is kinda full. I can SEE if I can get you in but your part has to be drawn well.

My amazing sig.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 20:53:14

At 7/27/10 07:35 PM, Torkirby wrote:

To be in this collab, you'd need to animate at the best of your ability. Your skit has to be well thought out, as well as looking and sounding good. If you think you can step it up a notch, we'll let you make a part. But Stone Kirby is taken.

And after talking with Flashfire, I've gotten him to agree this collab is NOT full. We'll have a lot of parts, but we'll be taking out any we feel aren't good enough. Remember that our goal is to make a BETTER collab than the first Kirby Collab.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-27 20:54:47

At 7/27/10 08:53 PM, Gustavos wrote: But Stone Kirby is taken.

Actually, no it's not. My bad.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-28 14:08:13

Eh, perhaps I spoke too soon. I started animating, but the whole thing isn't turning out as I hoped. I'm sure I'll take ridiculously long finishing it, so go ahead and remove me.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-28 16:50:18

the chat is messed up, maybe we should make a new one... ... on a diferent chat platform, xat sucks... :P

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-28 17:03:01

At 7/28/10 02:08 PM, Torkirby wrote: Eh, perhaps I spoke too soon. I started animating, but the whole thing isn't turning out as I hoped. I'm sure I'll take ridiculously long finishing it, so go ahead and remove me.

Sounds like you've used less than a day to make something. When our deadline for parts is October 17, 2010. The reason we have so much time is because we want everybody to use however much they need to make a quality part. Not something they cooked up in a matter of hours. Ya dig?

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-28 17:15:46

Our new chat. Happy? =P

My amazing sig.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-28 23:53:32

At 7/27/10 07:35 PM, Torkirby wrote: I've seen the first Kirby Collab, and I'd love to be a part of this one. C: I have three samples of my Flash work:

I absolutely love that animation. Nice and smooth and if you made the drawings a bit better, it would be perfect. I absolutely love when people do the sound effects with their own voices too. :P

At 7/28/10 05:15 PM, FlashfireEX wrote: Our new chat. Happy? =P

I like the xat one more.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-29 01:28:51

October? For some reason I thought it was a closer deadline. That's what I get for not looking at when the topic was created. :I Well, if I got about 2 months to tackle it, I'm definitely back in. c: I'll make sure to put in some quality artwork in the animation, you can count on it.

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-29 05:35:07

Any chance that i could join?

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-29 07:41:39

At 7/29/10 05:35 AM, P1raten wrote: Any chance that i could join?

Show us a sample of your animation and drawing skills from this year, so we can determine if you're qualified. Most of your flash work doesn't make any sense, so try your best.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-29 08:32:48

Alright, I got back tonight and worked on my submission for a tad. I'll show you a bit so you guys still know I'm working on it. This is, remember, a rough doodle of what I'm going to animate, not the actual animation or final background I'm going to use:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/7306 fb2e3d81385fe9d1c8bae73f9d2d

Bitch, I thought you knew?

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-29 10:17:57

At 7/29/10 08:32 AM, falling wrote: Alright, I got back tonight and worked on my submission for a tad.

Can you explain what the plot is? I don't really get it...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-30 06:45:15

At 7/29/10 10:17 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7/29/10 08:32 AM, falling wrote: Alright, I got back tonight and worked on my submission for a tad.
Can you explain what the plot is? I don't really get it...

Based on what you've seen in what I posted? How could you, it hasn't developed yet.

IT'S WHAT I HAVE SO FAR.

These things really aren't that hard to figure out people.

Bitch, I thought you knew?

BBS Signature

Response to The Many Kirbies Collab 2010-07-30 07:45:18

At 7/30/10 06:45 AM, falling wrote: Based on what you've seen in what I posted? How could you, it hasn't developed yet.

I know, I know, but just tell me what the plot is.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature