00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

studda614 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Confusing Tutorials 2010-06-04 11:10:58

It seems the Tutorials on Newgrounds for learning flash Actionscript, mostly avoid telling you if they are for using with AS2 or AS3 and as I don't even know the difference myself It can be very confusing when applying AS2 method to AS3 files by accident.

Would it be possible to note which are AS2 and AS3 tutorials for the sake of noobs like me?

Response to Confusing Tutorials 2010-06-04 11:38:09

You should ask the individual tutorial authors if the tutorial is ment for AS2- or 3, istead of asking the entire Newgrounds community.

My beautiful music!

BBS Signature

Response to Confusing Tutorials 2010-06-04 11:57:15

I'm not saying I would like to find out from either the author or the community of Newgrounds, I'm saying that if there was a system in place to separate the two into different catalogues, then it would be far more effective.

Response to Confusing Tutorials 2010-06-04 12:34:18

At 6/4/10 11:57 AM, Mevlar wrote: I'm not saying I would like to find out from either the author or the community of Newgrounds, I'm saying that if there was a system in place to separate the two into different catalogues, then it would be far more effective.

I agree, I've seen a few tutorials that don't mention if they're using either AS2 or AS3. You can suggest this in the "Ideas for Newgrounds", so they can try to add under the "genre" in the submission, for example. I think it would be a worthy addition.