00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Did I do anything wrong?

1,100 Views | 21 Replies

Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:38:54

OK so I'm on my way to Wal mart to buy some things for my new apartment. I park my car the light up a cigarette to smoke as I walk to the store. Halfway across the parking lot I see three guys in their high teens, one of which is sitting on a chair playing guitar. Still smoking my cigarette I walk up to them and one of them immediately starts talking to me.

"Hey BRO! how you doing man?"

I start to reply but he cuts me off;

"Us three here are in a local band and are out here trying to promote out music, you mind listening to a track?"

"Uh sure". (Why are they doing this outside of a Wal mart? fucking weird)

The dude hands me a pair of headphones hooked up to his iPod. Then I listen to roughly two minutes of the most horrible sounding music in the world.

"How did you like it man?"

I lie to him and tell him it was 'pretty good' or some bullshit. Then I turn to the kid playing the guitar. He wasn't really playing it though, just kind of playing with it. I've been a guitarist for around 7 years and he sounded like I did the first day I ever played the instrument. Next to him, was his guitar case. It was opened though, for people to give donations for him playing. There were a couple of crumbled up single dollar bills inside.

I ask if i could play his guitar for a second. He agrees.

Now, I'm not nearly as good at guitar as I should considering how long I've been playing but I'm still pretty good. So I whip out something on the spot. It just came out of my head. A few people that were on their way into the store stopped to listen to me play. I finished the song up then noticed something.

Three out of the four people that had stopped to listen to me were pulling out money to put into the other guy's case. He doesn't deserve that money. I explain the people of the situation so they handed me the money then they walked inside.

The dudes were pissed. Then the guitarist took a swing at me and clipped my jaw. So i picked up the still lit cigarette that I was earlier up off the ground and pushed the lit cigarette into the kid's face.

I'm not much of a fighter... and there was only one of them and three of them. Plus that dude was far from happy of be burning his forehead.

So I ran.

Did I do anything wrong?

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:40:40

At 5/29/10 08:38 PM, Seasons wrote: So I ran.

IRAN:
Iran (Persian: %u0627%u06CC%u0631%u0627%u0646 [%u0294i%u02C8%u027E%u0252n] ( listen)), officially the Islamic Republic of Iran[7] is a country in Central Eurasia[8] and/or Western Asia.[9] The name Iran has been in use natively since the Sassanian era[10] and came into use internationally in 1935, before which the country was widely known as Persia. Both Persia and Iran are used interchangeably in cultural contexts; however, Iran is the name used officially in political contexts.[11][12] The name Iran is a cognate of Aryan, and means "Land of the Aryans".[13][14][15]

The 18th largest country in the world in terms of area at 1,648,195 km², Iran has a population of over 70 million.[16] It is a country of particular geostrategic significance owing to its location in the Middle East and central Eurasia. Iran is bordered on the north by Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. As Iran is a littoral state of the Caspian Sea, which is an inland sea and condominium, Kazakhstan and Russia are also Iran's direct neighbors to the north. Iran is bordered on the east by Afghanistan and Pakistan, on the south by the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, on the west by Iraq and on the northwest by Turkey. Tehran is the capital, the country's largest city and the political, cultural, commercial and industrial center of the nation. Iran is a regional power,[17][18] and holds an important position in international energy security and world economy as a result of its large reserves of petroleum and natural gas.

Iran is home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations.[19][20][21] The first Iranian dynasty formed during the Elamite kingdom in 2800 BCE. The Iranian Medes unified Iran into an empire in 625 BCE.[2] They were succeeded by the Iranian Achaemenid Empire, the Hellenic Seleucid Empire and two subsequent Iranian empires, the Parthians and the Sassanids, before the Muslim conquest in 651 CE. Iranian post-Islamic dynasties and empires expanded the Persian language and culture throughout the Iranian plateau. Early Iranian dynasties which re-asserted Iranian independence included the Tahirids, Saffarids, Samanids and Buyids.

The blossoming of Persian literature, philosophy, medicine, astronomy, mathematics and art became major elements of Muslim civilization and started with the Saffarids and Samanids. Iran was once again reunified as an independent state in 1501 by the Safavid dynasty[3]-who promoted Twelver Shi'a Islam[22] as the official religion of their empire, marking one of the most important turning points in the history of Islam.[23] "Persia's Constitutional Revolution" established the nation's first parliament in 1906, within a constitutional monarchy. Iran officially became an Islamic republic on 1 April 1979, following the Iranian Revolution.[24][25]

Iran is a founding member of the UN, NAM, OIC and OPEC. The political system of Iran, based on the 1979 constitution, comprises several intricately connected governing bodies. The highest state authority is the Supreme Leader. Shia Islam is the official religion and Persian is the official language.[26]

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:42:11

Not really. I wouldn't say you did anything wrong. You just kinda hurt their rep, but apparently that didn't really matter too much. What were they called? I assume they were a crappy, wannabe ska band.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:43:31

At 5/29/10 08:38 PM, Seasons wrote: Did I do anything wrong?

I would say not. You got your money and only inflicted enough damage to get back for gettin' hit but not enough to get you in trouble.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:43:38

At 5/29/10 08:40 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: IRAN:

So what was the point of that? Other than a useless copypaste to try and make yourself seem funny?

Anyway to answer your question, I think it was a pretty epic win to use their guitar to get money, in front of their faces, even if you didn't want it or not. IMO they were just jealous.

XBL Gamertag: TrainerMarcus

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:44:28

At 5/29/10 08:43 PM, TOEZ wrote:
So what was the point of that? Other than a useless copypaste to try and make yourself seem funny?

relax.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:45:22

how much money did you take? also are you so desperate for cash that you need to take those few bucks? well, whatever i say you made the right call

Rough em' up

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:50:05

Well aside from grabbing his penis and screaming "HAHAHA YOU LET GUYS GRAD YOUR DICK FAGGOT!!" while running, you reacted pretty well.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:50:29

At 5/29/10 08:44 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: relax.

Oh don't worry the coffee I just drank relaxes me :P

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:50:48

At 5/29/10 08:44 PM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote:
At 5/29/10 08:43 PM, TOEZ wrote:
relax.

Successful troll.

now I bet I'm going to get banned for saying nothing.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:52:25

At 5/29/10 08:45 PM, NOGOODNAME1234 wrote: how much money did you take? also are you so desperate for cash that you need to take those few bucks? well, whatever i say you made the right call

I got six dollars. I insisted they not give me anything but they insisted otherwise. So i took it.

At 5/29/10 08:42 PM, Piggler wrote: You should've left after listening to that music and told them they suck. Now they probably think they're good and are making more people suffer.

maybe.

To answer someone else's question the band name was 'oath to anarchy' fucking gay. No they were not SKA. They sounded like they were trying to be alternative but failed.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:52:55

At 5/29/10 08:48 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: Well hopefully they finally understand how the music business works.

Drugs, alcohol and bitches?

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:53:59

At 5/29/10 08:48 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: Well hopefully they finally understand how the music business works.

That is truth right there.

At 5/29/10 08:48 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: You should have just told them that they suck and moved along.

They wanted to fight me. Plus i just burnt one of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:56:26

The only thing you did wrong was that you didn't go back to the Walmart with a bat so you could beat the everliving shit out of those assholes. Other than that, no, you did everything right.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:58:25

At 5/29/10 08:53 PM, BonusStage wrote: The term "cut and paste" comes from the traditional practice-

Lalala I get the point. At least I answered the question...

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 20:59:41

It was what they writing at sixteen years old, something that my socially acceptable thesaurus keeps together with

DEATH

and so here it goes.

It was a normal day.
"Do you want to come over later?"
"Nah, my mum says going to your house is a distraction."
"She smells."
Dan laughed, "Sorry, can't though."
Dan and James were going through their usual conversation as they came face-to-face with the icy, steel school gates. The gates were only a subordinate to the fence that enveloped the entire school. Topped with deceptively sharp spikes, they weren't exactly the most comfortable school ornaments ever made by man. "Welcome to the land of daisies and cranberry chewing gum", is what it said to visitors, parents and children alike, with a big smile. The Suits enjoyed it though.

Dan and James were not bad students at all, but they had lapses in concentration. Homer Simpson, Will Smith, Sonic the Hedgehog were all heroes for saving the un-noteworthy lessons. The real experience of school was on the field, and both kid and teacher knew it.

The field was vast. Standing at one end as a child, it would go on forever. After this mirage, the field's decorations would appear; the trees around the side (being eaten by the fence, of course) and the black ashes of the November bonfire piled up to the right. Bits of wood were still lying around it, and they were great for swordfights.

Dan and James always hung out at the far end, in the shade of the July sun. It didn't matter if it were against the rules: this way, you stayed a healthy milky white, and you could look through the fence's jaws to the park outside school. Dan and James started their long walk to the shady ghetto,
"Did you hear about that guy?"
"Who?"
"Tony Blair."
"Oh yeah."
"My mum and Dad voted for him."
"What?"
"Haha, you're a twat."
"Damn, you got me."

Jason was already down there, grinning, with his hands in his pockets. He smelt of banana and peanut butter.
"I kissed Jess in Literacy." he blushed, and stood on one leg slightly.
"Aww.", Dan and James chimed in at once, mostly uninterested. They laughed all together for a minute, until Dan brought the crumpled ham sandwich from his lunch box.
"Where's Rich today?"
"He's here. He was in Literacy."
"He'd better be here soon. We need our planner for plans."
Rich and his bright apricot hair were visible at the other end of the field. The whole image was shaking like a hallucination, and it seemed as if Rich's hair had just fallen out; his head had turned into a ham colour. The lines painted onto the pencil grey playground beyond Rich were all dancing in the air in the very distance. It had just got to the part where the hopscotch grid and the snakes and ladders table attempt the tango, before they all screamed in fright, running onto the passing bus. The playground was empty now.

It was soon clear that Rich's hair had not fallen out. He was wearing a pink cap and a casual, but nervous smile. The fence warned him not to get closer with teeth fully bared and ready to bite.
"Rich, what are you wearing a cap for?"
"It stops my neck from burning in the sun."
"It's pink."
"My Daddy bought it when we on were holiday."
"Are you gay?"
"Do-you-lick-a-dick-a-day?"
"What?"
The other boys laughed harder than they already were. So did the fence.
"Well, you don't need it in the shade. Put it here."
Rich reluctantly placed it on the lime green grass and stared at it briefly.
"The new password is pink cap.", Dan proclaimed, finishing his ham sandwich. James and Jason giggled like girls.
"I thought I got to choose the next password?" muttered a confused Rich.
"Shut up."

The field now hosted fairly sparse groups of gossiping girls, big bad bullies, boisterous boys and synthetic psychopaths. From the ghetto, you had a view of it all. The only other shady area like this was a benched area cluttered with dust, dirt and girls.

These breaks from fractions and similes almost always revolved around the same things. Dan informed everyone about developments regarding his quest to get to Mannaheim and James talked about the discovery of more syringes in the park, though Rich didn't quite understand.

The fireball beat down onto the field all afternoon, torrid and sweltering. As children danced, played, jumped and thumped, minions of the fence were spawned to keep watch. The minions made sure no one left the boundaries of the fence, and all those within never left the boundaries of the fence.

The minions never believed the guys from the ghetto. They saw them as trouble, playing too close to the fence, as if some day they might knock it down and disrupt order once and for all.

Jess danced past the gang with her friends. They all wore irregular daisy necklaces, held each other's hands and were reeling all around the field. The perverted fence snarled. Jason, as if in a trance, stood on his two legs and floated to where the girls were now still, smiling wickedly.
"Oi, Jayc, where are you goin'?" called James, as Rich looked away into the shade. It was too late: Jason had left safety and fell into the fence's trap; Jess and her devil kin were now lying on an aquamarine field, biting into Jason, in the cool nude. Dan blinked, and they were all gone.

"Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"
"Those bastards!" finished James and Rich, though Rich didn't quite understand it.
The pink cap was the gang's own instrument of order for now. Dan and James played pass with it for as long as they could. Before Lewis arrived.
"Haha", wobbled Lewis, "Pink cap!"
"Fuck off Lewis," moaned James, "' surprised your body could make it down here." While James made his threat, Lewis moved surprisingly fast, taking the cap of order into his hands.
"My Daddy got me that!" yelped Rich, who stood up, truly concerned for Order's well-being or just the cap. Lewis "ran" off, with all three of the gang following closely behind.
"Look at the gays!" yelled Lewis excitedly, huffing and puffing in the heat. The various boys all around the field laughed. Jason and the girls laughed. The fence laughed. A tear came into Rich's eye.
"Give it back Lewis." warned Dan.
"Oh, sure." replied Lewis. Lewis got on his knees but he didn't return the cap. Instead, he filled it with mud. Everyone and everything pointed and laughed harder; the Sun beamed. Rich's lip trembled.
"You gays probably don't want this back now." Lewis skipped over to the dried bonfire remains, and produced his Dad's lighter from the pocket of his school trousers.

Rich started crying, and could not make much out after that. He sat in the grass as dark objects filtered away from him gradually, the playground markings reappeared on their homes. After minutes of sniffing and wheezing, one figure came toward Rich. He took a long blink.

A thing with black eyes and razor sharp teeth stood over Rich.
"Get into class." it growled, and walked off, as Rich sat still and confused, colder than he'd ever been in his whole life.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:01:23

Story: Behind Coded Doors (Beginning Extract)

So this noose was a homemade job. I considered beforehand that I could go down to the chandler's and get something stronger. I thought they might have some sort of policy, you know, like no selling to minors, that sort of thing. Like with alcohol or whatever. Anyway, I had this thing, which I had taken particular care to wind it eight times, not thirteen like so many gothic poets might attempt to show their untimely doom. This isn't art though, it's just killing yourself.

And that's when your friend...?

Toby.

Yes, Toby came in?

I heard him at the door, just as I was preparing myself. I was standing on this brittle chair. It was almost falling apart under my weight actually, so I was a little scared in more ways than one. Toby started calling my name. I tell you, it was odd hearing sounds. This procedure had taken up to an hour to do, partly because I was frightened and partly because I'm lousy with knots. He called my name again as he entered the room, and stopped. I mean, all parts of him stopped, his eyes, his mouth, all that. I stopped too, even though I could feel the chair below me shaking and wiggling. It was funny in a way. I don't think, in this world, people give enough time to silence. Everyone's dashing around everywhere, got something to do, there's no time for tension anymore. Even photographers spend hours traversing mountains and whatever, just to take one photo and go home and-

You've gone off on a bit of a tangent.

Sorry. Anyway, I broke off the silence. I lowered my gaze towards Toby, took a deep breath, and said, "You're stupid." He looked as though he didn't know what to say, as if he wanted to say "What?", but was unable to do so. I just went on, "In fact, I hate you so much, I think you should kick this chair from underneath me." I think my tone was half-playful. He stopped being a mute at last, and carefully muttered, "Okay Jon, just get off that chair," and quickly added, "Take off the rope first. We can fix this." It was like I was hysterical, all curled up on the floor again or something. Not that I didn't like it. I like being cared for. What I don't like in those sorts of situations is everyone trying to be a psychiatrist all at once, I mean, their intentions are fine but they don't know how to attack it. They just use all the things they have learnt in PSHE at school. I'll say now, I hate that. Not because it's forced upon us, but because it's insufficient doesn't include the right things. Some of its just pointless propaganda, I think.

How did Toby take your attempt at killing yourself?

Fine, eventually. He made coffee and I just sat down on the sofa. I stared at the worn down carpet and just thought about all that time I wasted. Then I reckoned that most of my life is like that anyway, so I needn't fuss over it.

Why did you spend so much time over it in the first place? Were you wondering whether or not to go through with it at all?

That didn't affect me, in all honesty. I was spending my time listening to music and reading while I made the noose. As I said, knots take me a long time. If my shoes untie themselves, it's like I'll be kneeling down for three hours looking at my shoe as if it's a game of chess. I spent a lot of time throwing stuff out too. As I listened to a Byrds album on vinyl, I gathered most of my books together, even real favourites like The Catcher in the Rye and The Collector. If I went through with it, I wouldn't people to look at what I have. That's irrelevant. Suicidal depression is homemade liquor. While other "ingredients" do their bit, it is the person themselves who carry out the finishing touch. I removed a few films too. While I did all that, I played a few scenes of Night of the Living Dead on the TV. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an obsession with dead things. I'd find it hard to do that. In fact, I'd want to die so I don't obsess over things. There's nothing there, you know.

Do you talk like this often?

Not really, unless I'm smoking, drinking or in a therapist's office.

Is there anything else you'd like to discuss today? We've made a good start; I don't want to push you today. Don't get comfortable though, I can be a bit of a "bitch" in someone else's words further on.

I'll look forward to it. Actually there is something now that I think of it. I read an article the other day, an extract from a book, by a Mr. Charles J. Sykes. I can't remember it precisely, but it argued realism versus idealism, you know, using kids like me as a basis. I agree with him a lot, about the cold, hard facts of life, but then I questioned how far does that go? I can't explain it. I like to think I do what I like, and I couldn't give a shit about most other people. Maybe not, I don't know. I'm not informed or intelligent really.

I think we'll work on that another time. For now, I have some departing words: don't think like that. You're a tall guy, so take advantage of that.

(I wanted to say, except when I'm walking through a low door or something, but I didn't want to. I kept thinking about all those people at school with Gap labels on their clothes.)

Poem: Pleasurable Nothing

You know, hypothetically, because
I'll be staying right here next year,
decked in these highly comfortable pyjamas,
and still staring at my computer screen.
The only excursion I've signed up for is the feeding of the greedy cat downstairs.

My man tells me he's heading for Ibiza in the summer.
He followed an ad describing the sun, sea, and sand, music, women and booze.
I can understand the warmness of uncontrollable wildness.
After all, a holiday away is a chance of loosing your typical dramaturgy.
My man, after all, works day shifts in a garden centre.

Where would I go if I wasn't tied here,
by responsibility, finance, or downright laziness?
I've always fancied the Midwest in the late seasons. People say it's an odd choice.
I cherish the thought of ambling down the highway, with one of those hunting caps.
I like the sound of snow being crushed under someone's shoe too.

Even with my jacket though, I'm stone cold.
Across the road is Larry's Grill 'n' Chill.
I step in, and realise it is filled with people I know,
not personally, but I can tell in their looks. They know me.
The waitress, Carla, knows I like apple pie. I'm her favourite customer.
I eat this pie and drink my coffee and watch the world go by.
A trucker stops for a pack of cigarettes and
some guy walks out of the gun shop over the street.

I only worry that my imaginary holiday does not break the barriers
that symbolise what a holiday is supposed to be.
After all, why go abroad to do nothing,
when I can do that right here?
Trust me, it's not the same. I'm a professional.
Poem: Opaque Tights

I do not think I could pull off certain kinds of flamboyant flirtation.
I'm not the Genghis Kahn of sexual conquests.
When time comes to blow people away with honest erotica
I'm usually half way out of the door.

But I do not think you need Caligulaesque ideas to be "naughty"
as some might term it. I believe the mischievous poster girls of fifty, sixty years ago
could compete with the less secretive models around today.
Think of a child on Christmas morning;
would their delight at seeing all those presents be different without all the wrapping paper?

It's a gift that comes in all shapes and sizes, for all ages.
You can be intimately animate or perhaps wildly quaint.
If these notions were ever to die,
there'd be a debate about whether to bury it under Times Square,
or a village graveyard in the heart of Oxfordshire.

And then I shoot it again for letting me down so badly.

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:02:56

i know you were scared but you should'nt have ran if they say assulted you in any way you could've ooken it to court and isnt that shit fun :D

I Know Drugs, I Know Video Games, I Know Litliture, I Know Dru- wait...nevermind. Feel free to discuss any of these with me

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:08:01

Before I awnser your question, how much did you got from playing their guitar? Was it like 10$, or was it only some spare change that you shouldn't even have gave a fuck about it?

I personally wouldn't even have stopped my song to tell people to give me the money, and, if I were one of them kids, I wouldn't have been pissed off, but would have found you kinda selfish (unless it's more than 10$)
And of course their song sounded like shit. What did you expect? Van Halen's eruption?
But then again, they're the ones who really started shit, they're assholes.

Ever noticed how money always bring trouble? Even more than religion! Because it is, in fact, the whole shit behind religion.

Fuck money! I'll be a hobo from now on!

who's interested in having my last 20$?

Ciick my sig for a bunch of dead cats

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:12:58

At 5/29/10 09:08 PM, stieDchienne wrote: Before I awnser your question, how much did you got from playing their guitar? Was it like 10$, or was it only some spare change that you shouldn't even have gave a fuck about it?

I insisted on not taking the money. They insisted likewise repeatedly So I took the six bucks

I personally wouldn't even have stopped my song to tell people to give me the money, and, if I were one of them kids, I wouldn't have been pissed off, bue t would have found you kinda selfish (unless it's more than 10$)

If it was more than 10 dollars you wouldn't think i'm selfish? but if was under ten bucks i'm not? I'm not following your logic

And of course their song sounded like shit. What did you expect? Van Halen's eruption?

Eruption is not challenging to play to any guitarist above the beginner stage.

But then again, they're the ones who really started shit, they're assholes.

I agree.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:15:06

If you were the one playing the music that the people tipped then I say you deserve it. If it was six bucks you could have given them 1 or 2 dollars becuase you were using the dudes guitar that earned you that in the first place. But I don't believe that they should of acted the way they did. They just had their feelings hurt.

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do anything wrong? 2010-05-29 21:27:57

At 5/29/10 09:12 PM, Seasons wrote: I insisted on not taking the money. They insisted likewise repeatedly So I took the six bucks

ok then I don't understand why they were pissed at you.

If it was more than 10 dollars you wouldn't think i'm selfish? but if was under ten bucks i'm not? I'm not following your logic

well, I mean if it would have been 5 bucks I wouldn't have said anything, since it could encourage them or somethin', but maybe if it was like 10$ or more I would understand why you would want to have your money. But since they insisted that you take the money, you're not selfish to accept it.

I thought you were playing your song and then, when poeple were going to drop some money in the guitar case, you just stopped the song to tell them"hey that's my money". But it seems that it's not how it happened, I was wrong.

Eruption is not challenging to play to any guitarist above the beginner stage.

Of course it's not
Now cover the 10 min. version and I'll be considering your point.

Ciick my sig for a bunch of dead cats

BBS Signature