00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n

7,475 Views | 125 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 07:44:39

This is gonna be an awesome collab!

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 08:29:33

Can i 'borrow' the song from someone to put into my timeline.....

None

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 09:16:07

At 5/17/10 08:29 AM, Luis wrote: Can i 'borrow' the song from someone to put into my timeline.....

tharr she blows Digital Love

too bad u cant upload mp3 to newgrounds dumping grounds, thatd be slick.

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 09:19:01

no mp3 uploading at spam the web! yikes!

ok heres the REAL VERSION

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 15:35:03

I was wondering if there would be any sound-effects work involved. Some of the storyboarding might be influenced by that so I wanted to get the heads up on it.

I know this is like a music video and that's generally not how it's done but I figured it's something to address anyways!

Thanks!

:3

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 16:24:33

i would say lets keep it with no sound effects- just to maintain the simplicity, and continuity. sound alright to everyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 21:57:28

Sound effects muddy a collab, I never use them for any of mine.

I'm going to break the song into bits, I find it was extremely easier to work with when everyone only had the bit of song they needed.

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-17 22:44:42

Part 1: 0:01- 0:53 Tarienn 1-1298 (1298 Frames)

Part 2: 0:54- 01:43 RedHarvest 1296-2496 (1200 Frames) Part 2 Mp3

Part 3: 1:44- 2:15 NathanielMilburn 2495-3263 (768 Frames) Part 3 Mp3

Part 4: 2:16- 2:45 Eiomaru 3263-3983 (720 Frames) Part 4 Mp3

Part 5: 2:46- 3:46 Luis 3983-5446 (1463 Frames) Part 5 Mp3

Part 6: 3:47-4:58 YungJazz 5447-7159 (1712 Frames) Part 6 Mp3

Overlapping frames are to compensate for the irregular frame# to second.

The total number of frames should exactly match the length of your mp3 in 24 fps settings.

ENJOY NOW!

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-18 09:53:04

Overlapping frames are to compensate for the irregular frame# to second.

The total number of frames should exactly match the length of your mp3 in 24 fps settings.

awesome! thanks for makin those!..i was gunna...but ....ya know...haha

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-18 13:56:24

What is the resolution size? Any word?

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-18 14:02:36

700 x 500 pixles - as stated in the first post! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-18 16:51:05

Hahah Sorry! I swear I looked, must have glanced over it! Thanks bud hahaa

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 17:02:27

sorry guys gonna have to drop. Tom's really clamping down on embracing collabs with audio portal/non commercial music for Robot Day, so im gonna be redirecting myself towards that effort.

:(

None

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 19:58:07

At 5/19/10 05:02 PM, Luis wrote: sorry guys gonna have to drop. Tom's really clamping down on embracing collabs with audio portal/non commercial music for Robot Day, so im gonna be redirecting myself towards that effort.

bah... yeah i saw that...i was worried it would be discouraging to people in this project..

This is what i will say about that topic. I am in full support of the "TRUE" collaboration (voice actors, writers, animators, programmers, musicians all coming together to work on one project) but...i do want to continue forward with this. there would only be two possible chances for us to actually win money (is that what this is about to you bastards!!??)

so lets just keep pluggin away with Digital Love and try our best to pay homage to Robot Day!

*crosses fingers* i hope this snag doesnt discourage any more of u guys

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 20:09:30

At 5/19/10 07:58 PM, RedHarvest wrote: *crosses fingers* i hope this snag doesnt discourage any more of u guys

didnt discourage me, it just would be hypocritical for me to use company time on it and meanwhile tom's urging people to find stuff in the audio portal talent.

Its a solid lineup of artists

None

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 21:35:09

At 5/19/10 05:02 PM, Luis wrote: sorry guys gonna have to drop. Tom's really clamping down on embracing collabs with audio portal/non commercial music for Robot Day, so im gonna be redirecting myself towards that effort.

(

Redharvest... um may I? :)

Hi

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 22:31:03

Hey guys I really think we should just find a KICK ASS audio portal submission. If you need someone to put in the time to scavenge the A.P. I don't mind putting in the time. I would definitely love to keep Luis in this and also keep the Newgrounds spirit alive!!!!

~Chase

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 22:33:51

can i come in? sorry about the swearing i'm an unethical drinker

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 23:42:12

At 5/19/10 10:31 PM, Eiomaru wrote: Hey guys I really think we should just find a KICK ASS audio portal submission. If you need someone to put in the time to scavenge the A.P. I don't mind putting in the time. I would definitely love to keep Luis in this and also keep the Newgrounds spirit alive!!!!

~Chase

I second that, while I was really looking forward to using a Daft Punk song, ever since I got in trouble with Bittersweet Symphony I've been really cautious about using licensed music, hence why my pico day submission featured custom music from my group.

I have no intention on ducking out, I've never dropped out of a collab and I don't plan on starting today. But I do suggest we find a different song. I'm up for dumping what I have finished already in favor of a new song if it means keeping Luis.

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-19 23:53:27

Ditto, and not only keeping Luis, but really playing into what NG is about w/ collaboration!

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 00:08:02

We have a great team here! I think the team is more important than what song we use!

I think we'd do a spectacular job no matter what song it is! (as long as it's not Dota...)

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 02:07:13

At 5/20/10 12:08 AM, Tarienn wrote: We have a great team here! I think the team is more important than what song we use!

I think we'd do a spectacular job no matter what song it is! (as long as it's not Dota...)

i wasnt out to derail the collab, the problem is that creators do get in trouble occasionally for using commercial songs. Its unlikely but it does happen. I mean hopefully the collab doesnt get popular enough for Daft Punk to notice, but i mean is that really a goal worth striving for? To be not successful enough? Its not so much a question of it being from the audio portal per say. Theres some artists who are talented and can make music thats not even on the portal, to suit the project. Its more about trying to stay away from the lawyers of record labels.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 07:22:29

well good morning folks! (all you can drink for $10 is a mistake...)

i think you guys all make a good point...

If you guys all want to, i would be ok with swapping out digital love for an original audio forum song!
i would love to support a ngs musician!

-Luis, would you stay on board, given this change? (dont worry about derailing the collab! im just hopin' for a chance to work with you!)

-nath, jazz, u guys ok with this? (feel bad cuz nath already sent me an animatic for the song, but i bet u could use it for the new song too! rite?)

question is, how do we pick?...im open to suggestion.

heres the thing tho. i would really like to pick the song pretty quick!

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 08:19:31

Ohhhhhhhhhh ffucckk guys...

"Your entry will be disqualified if it uses commercial music, so make your own music or check out the Audio Portal!"

- Tom Fulp's News Post...

Your all gonna need to work to NG music if you want to make this collab eligible for prize moneys. :P

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 09:15:49

honestly the money isnt important to me- i just want to make something cool that people will enjoy! -

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-20 22:04:29

At 5/20/10 09:15 AM, RedHarvest wrote: honestly the money isnt important to me- i just want to make something cool that people will enjoy! -

Thats the spirit! I will look forward to seeing it. Also, what sort of demo reel would you like from me? I could do some sample lines for you easily but it would take much more time to develop a DEMO REEL rather than some SAMPLE LINES.

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-21 02:58:02

im hoping we can get some of the others to comment on this:

-yungjazz
-nathmilburn
-luis

guys? where u at?

BBS Signature

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-21 03:46:42

Great to see so much enthusiasm for robot day, not that I give two fucks. Sorry to hear that your original idea doesn't fit the rules, hopefully they'll except some sorta modification of the song on the audio portal don't know if you have your heart set on still using the song. Regardless, I'm sure it will turn out great, and with enough luck, we'll look forward to collabing with you in the future, seeing how your all about that kinda stuff.

With Hulalaoo joining our crew, hopefully we can put up some nice competition. Wish ya luck!

Response to Digital Love: A Robo-collaboratio n 2010-05-21 10:07:29

At 5/21/10 02:58 AM, RedHarvest wrote: im hoping we can get some of the others to comment on this:

-yungjazz
-nathmilburn
-luis

guys? where u at?

i like the second and fourth one but i think the fourth one is probably too short for the amount of people you have in the roster?

None

BBS Signature