00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Let's do another FL Core!

11,289 Views | 153 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 17:10:06

It sure was fun last time, was it not? I think we oughta try it again.

RULES

The only VSTs, samples, and any audio related element must be prepackaged with FL Studio. You can use any edition you want, so break out those synths included with the Signature Bundle, formerly XXL:

Effects: Delay, Delay Bank, Equo, Flangus, Love Philter, Vocoder, Parametric EQ & EQ2, EQUO, Blood Overdrive, Compressor, Fast Dist, Limiter, LSD, Pan-O-Matic, Phaser, Scratcher, Soft Clipper, Squeeze, Stereo Shaper, Multiband Compressor, Stereo Enhancer, Wave Shaper, Soundgoodizer, Vocodex, Maximus, Hardcore, Mute, Flanger, Chorus, etc.

Generators: Drumpad, Autogun, Slicex, FL SynthMaker Full, SimSynth, DX-10, DrumSynth, WASP, WASP XT, 3xOsc, Sampler, BooBass, Beepmap, Plucked, Fruit Kick, Chrome, FPC, WaveTraveller, FL Slayer, FL Keys, Granuliser, DirectWave Player, Sytrus, Speech Synth

However, no demo versions allowed, so no Deckadance, Poizone, Toxic Biohazard, Morphine, Gross Beat, Ogun, Sawer, Sakura, Drumaxx, or Harmless.

You can use any samples that came with FL, including stuff that came with the demo songs, but no outside samples whatsoever. So put away that Vengeance Dance Pack - you won't be needing it.

Submit your song to the Audio Portal by 11:59:59 PM EST on Sunday, May 16th and post a link in this thread.

As for judging, I'm gonna say that everyone can judge...but you can't vote for your own song. I have tools to find out if you send a vote with an alt, so don't even try that.
Send me your vote via PM by 11:59:59 PM EST on Saturday, May 22nd. If I don't have enough votes by then, I'll pick the winners myself.

The winners will get FRONTPAGED OMG :D

GO GO GO GO GO

Also post your questions here. I'm sure I missed something.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 17:47:02

If Autogun is allowed, why isn't Ogun?

Just wondering.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 18:13:22

Sounds like a good setup to squish the knob tweaking girly men.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 18:15:46

At 5/4/10 05:47 PM, Pounce wrote: If Autogun is allowed, why isn't Ogun?

Just wondering.

Autogun's free, Ogun's a demo.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 19:59:52

Haha, i used to have to do this all the time, and that wasn't to long ago, i think i might be able to do this! =3

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 23:05:54

I never did it last time... I have to do it this time though, or try to.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 23:31:18

At 5/4/10 11:27 PM, Chronamut wrote: um how are you gonna know what people have used unless it SOUNDs liek a preset fl studio song?

also its like you've made is to that you can only use stuff that came with like.. fl 3.. why cant I use the amazing stuff that I PAID for in fl 9?

1) Well, there's always trustworthiness. And I'll demand screenshots and/or the flp file if I hear anything suspicious.

2) It's FL9.1 Signature Edition stuff, actually, and it's to keep the playing field level. I own Harmless and Morphine myself, and I can't use 'em.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 23:35:51

At 5/4/10 11:34 PM, Chronamut wrote: you could if you changed your own rules - it would encourage people who dont have the program legitimately to maybe PAY for it - a fl core contest should be just that - what fl COMES with - demo or not.

It makes no sense to use the demo stuff, as the sound drops out ever 10 seconds or so, and if I were to ask for the .flp, I couldn't open the file properly.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-04 23:47:08

Or we could always post a screenshot of our fl with all of the effects and stuff up lol

Lol this was a bitch to put up all of the effects on the screen and be able to see them all xD

Let's do another FL Core!

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 00:31:44

At 5/4/10 11:39 PM, Chronamut wrote: gah damn cheap people lol..

Well then, don't play if you can't part with your favourite toys. I'm not gonna be able to use my beloved NaiveLPF or Nexus or Kontakt or Massive or anything like that :(

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 00:53:52

Been a long time since I've opened FL. I love my 3xOsc's :D

I'll try and finish a song for this.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 02:38:05

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 05:05:22

cool cool I'll try to use as most plugins and default presets for it :) sytrus default :)

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 05:58:58

At 5/5/10 05:44 AM, B0UNC3 wrote: Would have been cool to make a chole song with just the 3xosc.....Maybe I'll give it a shot.

It wouldn't have been so cool.. :( I mean you can make whole song with piano only but what's the point.. :D Do some wasp for the sake of competition

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 07:11:52

Oh oh oh, I want it. Working on my proj now. HEHEHEHE.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 09:24:23

Little Roar
My first submission to newgrounds..
Used Sytrus,Boobass,DrumSynth Live and some samples from FL packs.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 09:47:32

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 14:01:26

I have a question... Will the frontpage be on our FL Core submission or any submission we want?

Anyway, I'm in.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 14:07:43

Oh, and sorry for the double post. Are we allowed to make our own synths using the VST's we're allowed to use (3xOsc, Sytrus, etc...) or do we have to use the presets provided?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 16:00:27

At 5/5/10 09:47 AM, eatmeatleet wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 30541
my entry

Damn, I like the beat. Pretty kirgy, we like it. I'ma make my one. Lols.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 16:08:17

At 5/5/10 02:01 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I have a question... Will the frontpage be on our FL Core submission or any submission we want?

It'll be the FL Core submission. But hey, there's an idea for a prize...get whatever you want frontpaged. I'll keep that in mind.

At 5/5/10 02:07 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Are we allowed to make our own synths using the VST's we're allowed to use (3xOsc, Sytrus, etc...) or do we have to use the presets provided?

By all means, make your own synths! Presets are handy, but I'm gonna award less points to those who use only them.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 16:54:06

Only used presets with chorus, reverb and some filtering. That's all I know from FL STUDIO 8. There was a lot I could do but I made a quicky. I'm way too busy. :X Might do another one.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 17:13:32

At 5/5/10 04:54 PM, newgeneral wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 30633
Only used presets with chorus, reverb and some filtering. That's all I know from FL STUDIO 8. There was a lot I could do but I made a quicky. I'm way too busy. :X Might do another one.

Feel free to improve on it if you want, just don't do so after the deadline, of course :)

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 18:50:07

I really want to do this...

Maybe i can get something together, will be like old times :)

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 18:55:01

Started work on mine today, here's the sloshfest so far.

BBS Signature

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-05 20:08:33

FL Core 1 wasn't as strict. He just said it, and everyone knew what to do pretty much. Nonconformist!

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-06 01:46:44

As much as I like FL it reminds me why I don't use it anymore lol.

Here's my entry:

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-06 02:06:39

I did enjoy the last core challenge. Count me in.

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-06 04:41:12

Heh, looks interesting. I have demo version of fl would that matter? If not, count me in ;)

P.S, how do you link your song like the people on first page?

Response to Let's do another FL Core! 2010-05-06 04:49:06

Sorry for double post, but I just realised I don't have to send this to anyone, meaning having demo version of fl doesn't matter, stupid me. So, now you can count me in :D. I'll start asap.