00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Iva0413 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

jereminion art

3,544 Views | 63 Replies

jereminion art 2010-04-21 00:48:29

hello this is my art topic because no one comments on my submitted art

this is a master copy of van gogh's self portrait

plz say if you hate or like my art

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 00:56:26

this is 1 i just did

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:06:41

One, type like a normal person. We have a slightly higher standard around here than the rest of the Internet.
Two, looks pretty good. But it looks to me like both were drawn by reference. Got anything you freehanded?

BBS Signature

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:11:40

What do you mean free handed?

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:16:35

Like, pulled out of your own head. Sat down and without looking at a reference, drew something through imagination and memory.

BBS Signature

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:16:57

At 4/21/10 01:11 AM, Jereminion wrote: What do you mean free handed?

Original work

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:19:07

Many of the images I have are not free handed. I can make more but this is one I found.

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 01:40:55

I am going to go to sleep and this is the last one today. It is made with water color paint. I hope there are comments to read tomorrow. Thank you.

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 02:01:18

At 4/21/10 01:06 AM, Wivernryder wrote: One, type like a normal person. We have a slightly higher standard around here than the rest of the Internet.

Pfft who made you King of the Art Forum? Let him type however he wants to.

Two, looks pretty good. But it looks to me like both were drawn by reference. Got anything you freehanded?

What's wrong with drawing from reference? Why can't he just draw/paint/whatever what he sees (ie from reference)?

I don't want an answer for this, just stating that jereminion can draw whatever he feels like.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 16:25:08

Hello I did this one today of a model. It is oil pastel.

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 16:38:40

At 4/21/10 04:25 PM, Jereminion wrote: Hello I did this one today of a model. It is oil pastel.

I'm not really understanding the perspective of this picture. I see a mans head, chest and shoulder and something that looks like a small leg attached to ? something ?

Anyway, I can see you're working to improve your art and that's a good thing, so keep that up, but do try to work out your anatomy a bit. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 16:59:13

There was a weird light source when I did that. You are viewing the model a little to the side of his feet.

I had to do a drawing of my foot for class and this is it.

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 18:34:06

Continue drawing from reference your anatomy is quite strong. One thing I noticed from your pencil sketches is that you are shading with too much pressure and you are drawing with your hand really close to the nib. Try sketching loosely with your hand farther from the nib. This will force you to put less pressure on the pencil. once you get the shape, then go closer to the nib for details. when shading don't try to the the darkest tone with one stroke. Dark tones should be created with multiple passes of a pencil, not by pressure. Also for more realism don't draw a harsh black out line, instead only draw the outlines very lightly as a guide and let the shading define the forms.

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-21 23:00:25

At 4/21/10 06:34 PM, Mischie wrote: Continue drawing from reference your anatomy is quite strong. One thing I noticed from your pencil sketches is that you are shading with too much pressure and you are drawing with your hand really close to the nib. Try sketching loosely with your hand farther from the nib. This will force you to put less pressure on the pencil. once you get the shape, then go closer to the nib for details. when shading don't try to the the darkest tone with one stroke. Dark tones should be created with multiple passes of a pencil, not by pressure. Also for more realism don't draw a harsh black out line, instead only draw the outlines very lightly as a guide and let the shading define the forms.

Ok I will try to use less blacks and lines but I am used to it from drawing.

This is another master copy but I forgot the artists name it is in my sketchbook that my teacher has...

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-04-23 10:49:32

This is charcoal.

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 12:13:55

hello my friends this thread is for me to make art based on your faces. it is completely for fun and practice. you can post our head and i will draw it in my style

this is a ng user 'plotring' it is pretty well done and accurate as you may see. i have many others but i can only upload 1 at a time

please have fun and post your self i will do you

jereminion art

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 12:45:34

Wow. Dude. You're persistent I'll give you that.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 13:05:23

At 5/12/10 12:13 PM, Jereminion wrote: this is a ng user 'plotring' it is pretty well done and accurate as you may see. i have many others but i can only upload 1 at a time

I don't think it's accurate at all. It looks nothing like that guy.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 13:15:52

At 5/12/10 01:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/12/10 12:13 PM, Jereminion wrote: this is a ng user 'plotring' it is pretty well done and accurate as you may see. i have many others but i can only upload 1 at a time

yes it does

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 13:31:52

At 4/21/10 12:48 AM, Jereminion wrote: plz say if you hate or like my art

Nice work here it has a very sketchy yet artistic feel, keep up with it, submit some stuff to the portal but its pretty good from what i see.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 13:33:06

At 5/12/10 01:31 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 4/21/10 12:48 AM, Jereminion wrote: plz say if you hate or like my art
Nice work here it has a very sketchy yet artistic feel, keep up with it, submit some stuff to the portal but its pretty good from what i see.

~X~

thank you man it is hard to get comments on your work on newgrounds but every time i get one its just another excuse to get out of bed each new day.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 13:47:43

At 5/12/10 01:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

i completely agree
but to be a helpful post, let me tell you exactly what you did wrong
1. the hair- wrong color, genius. your sprite-guy has black hair; plotring has brown.
2. the eyebrows- not mentioning the failtastic coloring, in plotrings pic they are (brown, lol) and arched above his eyes. in your sprite pic they arch below the upper eyelashes, and about level with the eye.
3. the... errrr.. beard- plotring shaves. you may see some 5 o'clock shadow or something, but it is certainly not nearly as defined as your picture made it. also, what are the random orange-red spots on your pic? acne? herpes? yeah, well plotring doesnt have any of that.
4. the lips- you are really bad at coloring. maybe youre colorblind. in that case, i apologize for picking on you so much about it, but then again, you shouldnt be coloring stuff if you dont know which colors are which. plotrings lips are... pinkish red (maybe he had some koool-aid? lol) your pics lips are.... white. we arent all gingers (unlike some people...)
5. the nose- in your pic the tip of the nose droops down with no suppport. its cartilage, it doesnt just droop. if i had to compare it to something, id have to say its like a beercan (not the kind you drink... come on, think. youve hear the term before. has to do with a guys... yeahhhh you got it. one that isnt erect. now you definetely have it. yeah. suck it.)

LOL

anyways, hope this helps, and hopefullly you will improve some :)

daywalker!!!!! :3 hahahahahahahhahaha!

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:04:56

At 5/12/10 01:47 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: i completely agree
but to be a helpful post, let me tell you exactly what you did wrong

Also the entire facial structure is wrong.
This dude has a rounder, softer face, but the character you made has a much bolder, chiseled face with a firm chin. Your pixel character looks more like Sam Fischer than that guy.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:16:55

At 5/12/10 02:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: This dude has a rounder, softer face, but the character you made has a much bolder, chiseled face with a firm chin. Your pixel character looks more like Sam Fischer than that guy.

lol thats what i thought!!!

plotring, however, looks like news that he has to move out of his moms basement might destroy him
lol jk plotring :3

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:24:12

And what is with the white souless eyes? The pixel plotring head reminds me of a zombie sprite for a game I can't quite put my finger on...

It's decent sprite work, but It looks nothing like your model. Keep at it though.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:36:27

Settle down guys. It's actually not that bad a likeness. No doubt guy's a dick, but you wouldn't want anyone to be this exactingly harsh with your work. With all the ways that he's actually a tool... Behavior you could (and should) rag on him for, it seems a bit beneath you all to pick on this. Don't stoop to his level.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:42:33

At 5/12/10 02:36 PM, Occluded wrote: Settle down guys. It's actually not that bad a likeness. No doubt guy's a dick, but you wouldn't want anyone to be this exactingly harsh with your work. With all the ways that he's actually a tool... Behavior you could (and should) rag on him for, it seems a bit beneath you all to pick on this. Don't stoop to his level.

Actually, I would probably tell anyone who put that in their thread that it looks nothing like the dude. That main part about his face being round while the character's isn't is a real issue for me. I'm not picking on Jereminion, it just happens to be that HE was the one that posted it.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:43:19

At 5/12/10 02:37 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: And plotring's the nick you give to Jereminion ? I mean if making friends by trying to cheap shot them right below the belt than there would not be any need for enemies.Hopefully he takes the "joke" well.

Every time you post I always wonder if you actually know what's going on.

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 14:56:31

At 5/12/10 02:37 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
And plotring's the nick you give to Jereminion ? I mean if making friends by trying to cheap shot them right below the belt than there would not be any need for enemies.Hopefully he takes the "joke" well.

if you read the post he made, it clearly says "this is a ng user 'plotring' it is pretty well done and accurate as you may see..."
so no im not trying to cheap shot anyone. it wasnt a joke. its a name.

O.o

Response to jereminion art 2010-05-12 18:16:02

it looks like plotring